Chapter Thirteen

Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

;chapter thirteen;

Hayoung's POV

 

After knowing Kai was coming over, I went straight to my room and I slid off my clothes for a warm shower. I really needed to cool off my head. My life was totally messed up ever since the jerk appeared and that stupid Kai started dating Krystal. I wish I could get my old peaceful life back. But seeing how things were, it was kinda impossible.

I sighed as the warm water hit my body. It felt so good. I've always loved that warm feeling ever since my childhood.

I was thinking about all the warm things when suddenly Kris's hand came to my mind. I opened my eyes as I shook off the unnecessary thoughts I was having. But I can't really deny the fact that his palms were very warm and comfortable. 

I wrapped a towel around my body and I headed towards the dressing room. I looked at myself at the mirror. I looked tired. All these things were really making me exhausted. I really needed a break.

I opened the closet and I took out a hoodie and a pair of shorts to wear. I didn't care if we were having guests coming over or not. This is my house and I should feel comfortable. I barely wear those girly frilly dresses. They're friggin' uncomfortable. I wonder how the other girls wear them.

I put on my clothes and I headed downstairs. I saw Kris lying on the couch comfortably with his legs resting on the arm-rest.  I walked over to him and I sat beside him. I saw him looking at me from head to toe, cringing his nose. 

"What?" I asked as I turned to him.

"Don't you think your shorts are too short?" He said, crossing his arms. 

"That's none of your business. Jerk." I replied, shifting my gaze to the TV.

"Yeah, yeah. It's not like there's anything to see anyway." He said as he got up. My eyes widened.

I turned my head to his walking figure. "Wait. What?! Yaa-" but before I could finish my sentence, the door bell rang.

It must have been Kai. I got up from the couch and I started to fix my clothes. Suddenly, I heard a scoff. I looked up and saw the jerk standing outside the living room, leaning his body against the stairs with his arms crossed.

I glared at him then stuck my tongue out at him as I headed towards the main door. 

 

No one's POV

Hayoung held the door nob as she pulled it, revealing Kai standing in front of her. 

"Hi." She said while awkwardly smiling. But the next thing he did made her eyes widened.

He just casually walked past her, entering the house with his hands in his pockets. Hayoung stood there feeling insulted.

This guy. Hah. If you're expecting me to cling on you begging for your attention like your stupid fangirls, then you. Are. Wrong. 

Hayoung closed the door and she headed to the living room. She saw Kai sitting on the couch with his legs crossed, surfing through the TV channels.

Excuse me? I didn't know you live here. Such a coincidence. I live here as well! Hayoung thought sarcastically as she rolled her eyes.

She headed towards the couch as she stood infront of the T.V, gaining Kai's attention.

"I thought you came here for the pair work." Hayoung said as she crossed her arms.

"You do it." 

"What? Then may I know the reason behind you barging into my house?" 

"I came here to see if you're doing the work right or not. I don't want to get my name spoiled because of your failed work." He stated at her blankly. 

Hayoung clenched her fists as she felt anger taking over her body. She stomped out of the room and slammed the door behind her.

She headed towards the store room since all the papers and other things needed for the so called 'pair-work' were in there. She opened the door and was met with a bunch of dust flying over her face. 

She coughed as she fanned her hands in front of her to get rid of the dust. She walked further into the store room and found all the things she needed there. But the unfortunate thing was that they were placed 2 feet above her head, on the top shelves. 

She sighed as she wandered her eyes around the room, looking for a ladder or something she could climb on. She saw a chair placed on the corner of the room and her mood brightened up.

Ah. Thank god. Now I don't need to ask for anyone's help. She thought as she took the chair and placed it below the shelves. 

Then, she stood on the chair and tried to reach the papers. But she was still short. 

"Aish." She looked down and saw that there were arm rests on the chair. So, she decided to stand on the arm rests. Even if it was really risky, it was better than asking help from those two jerks in the house. 

She hesitantly stood on the arm rests. She successfully picked the papers up from the shelf.

Yes! I did it! She smiled as she looked at the paper.

But it was a really, really wrong move. Her legs started to tremble as she saw numerous rats coming out of the paper fold. 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" She screamed as her legs couldn't balance on the arm rests anymore. 

 

 

 

Kris walked into the kitchen to get a glass of cold water. He was very pissed at Hayoung for some reason. He didn't even know the reason.

Kris was about to head towards the fridge when he heard a loud scream from the room next door. Recognizing the voice, he quickly placed the glass he had in his hands on the table and ran towards the next room.

He kicked the door open and he saw Hayoung lying on the floor... with rats around her. 

He quickly came forward and pulled her up since she were lying there, blankly looking at the ceiling. Anybody would've thought she was dead. She stood up and she started to blink, as if she was waking up from a dream. Then her gaze shifted to Kris. 

"Y-yah! What are you doing? Just because you don't have any friends it doesn't mean you should make friends with rats." He stated.

And the next thing he knew, two arms were wrapped around his neck. Kris's eyes widened.

"I was so scared. So scared." She started to sob and he felt warm droplets on his neck. Kris was standing there frozen.

W-what should I do? Should I comfort her? Kris thought, feeling his palms sweating.

Then he hesitantly wrapped one of his arms around her petite waist and the other was patting her back.

" I-it's okay." He said as he patted her back. He felt her sobs decrease. He felt kind of relieved. 

 

 

 

 

 

Kai got bored of watching the T.V. He got up from the couch and got out of the room. He looked around the house and found no signs of Hayoung. She must be in her room. He thought as he headed towards her room.

Kai knocked on the door a couple of times but got no reply. Therefore, he decided to enter the room. But unfortunately, there was no one inside. So, he closed the door and looked at other side of the corridor and saw another room. As far as he knew, it was your dead brother's room. 

He hesitantly held the door nob and twisted it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter