Chapter Two

Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

;chapter two ;


 

Hayoung's POV



RRRRIIIIINNNNGGG~

School ended. 

I packed everything in my school bag, ready to leave.  Me and Kai would always walk home together. Since we were neighbors and all. 

Today the sky was cloudy. I  hated this kind of weather. Everything seemed dark and it somehow depressed me. It reminded me of the day I lost my only brother. I stared at the sky for awhile then my gaze shifted to Kai's seat. He was not there.

It was very unusual for him to leave before me. So I thought maybe the teacher called him or something. I checked his locker and his P.E shoes were still there. It meant he hasn't gone home yet. So I stood infront of his locker, waiting for him to arrive. After 10-13 minutes Kai finally arrived.

I quickly stood up from my bending position as I waved at him. But my eyes soon widened. Kai's hands were intertwined with Krystal's. Krystal's eyes seemed a little red and puffy. I went to Kai's side. "Where were you? I've been waiting for you. You should've told me before you left."

Kai didn't say a single word. He was looking at the ground. "Okay fine! Let's go now. It's already late. Moreover we have class test tomorrow. We better hurry!" I said grabbing his other arm.

And the next thing he did made my heart stop working for awhile. He shoved my hands off. He shoved MY hands. "I'm busy right now. Can't you see?" Kai said almost in a whisper with bored eyes.

And after that he left with Krystal, his hands still intertwined with her's.

 

 

I went home walking lifelessly through the roads. My heart felt empty and confused. Kai never ever acted like this towards me. He would always share everything with me. But today I realized that he changed. Kai changed. Because of Krystal.

I knew he had always liked Krystal since middle school but I never thought he was so serious about it. Were they dating now? But Krystal already had a boyfriend. Did they break up?  These questions were eating me up when suddenly the door bell rang.

I was alone in the house since mom went to her sister's house and dad was at work. From the way the door bell rang continuously, I could already tell it was Kai. I opened the door and yes, I was right - it was Kai.

He was smiling widely like an 5 year old boy who got a lollipop from the dentist.

"What?" I said acting cold. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter