Chapter Three

Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

;chapter three ; 

 

 

Hayoung's POV


 

I woke up in the morning, still feeling depressed. My eyes were all swollen and puffy. I looked horrible. But I had to look good today. After 3 years of having a secret crush on Kai, I was finally going to confess. But wouldn't it feel weird to confess to a guy who just got a new girlfriend yesterday? It would. But it was now or never for me. If I didn't do it now, I would never get the chance ever again. 

So I got up from the bed, put on my uniform and for the first time I applied some make up. I never worn make up at school and even though this is my first time, I didn't put on anything too heavy. I applied some lip gloss and a little bit of eyeliner that could barely be seen.

After getting ready, I had my breakfast quickly and was ready to leave for Kai's house since we always walk to school together. Most of the time he was the one to wake me up but today, I woke up early as I could barely sleep the night before.

I kept on thinking about a lot of things like: 'How should I confess? What if he rejects me? What will happen to our friendship?'  These questions kept eating me up. I stood up from the chair after eating my breakfast and said goodbye to my parents. After doing that, I went to the house next door, which was in other words, Kai's house.

I rang the door bell and his mom opened the door.  "Good Morning Emeoni! That jerk's still sleeping right? Today I'm the one to wake him up!" I said smiling widely. His mom looked at me a bit shocked and guilty at the same time. I knew something bad was coming.

"Ha Young-ah, Kai already went to school with Krystal." She said looking at me guiltily. She shouldn't be the one to be guilty. It should that jerk. He was acting like a stranger ever since he started dating Krystal. He was totally ignoring me. He was... forgetting me. 

 

I walked to school alone. As soon as I entered the campus, everyone kept staring at me, whispering something to their partner. It felt very uncomfortable but what happened this morning still didn't leave my mind. 

I entered the classroom and yes, the whispering game hadn't stop yet. It was pissing me off. I walked to my seat and glanced to my side and saw Kai's bag but the owner of the bag wasn't there. 

I sat on my seat and felt lonely. Kai was the only friend I had since the beginning of high school because all the other girls were just jealous of me and didn't even bother to befriend me. But those who did want to be my friend were only doing that because they wanted to get close to Kai. At those times, I felt like throwing punches at their faces.

 

 

 

 

The bell rang. All the students outside came rushing into class. I was just looking at the people running to their seats when  two people in the crowd caught my attention. It was Kai and Krystal. Kai was laughing because he was probably throwing some jokes and Krystal was giggling. They looked like the happiest couple on earth. I just couldn't take it anymore. I never thought that it would hurt so much.

Kai came back to his seat and looked at me still smiling.

"Hey! I'm so sorry I left without you today! Krystal suddenly came to my house this morning. She wanted to go to school together. I was so shocked and excited at the same time! I got ready quickly without anything in mind and I went with her. I'm so sorry I forgot to tell you!" Kai said excited at the first sentence and whined at the last part. His expressions changed so quickly.

Forgot he said. Yeah. Forgot. He would probably forget he had a friend named Ha Young for 6 years after a f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter