Chapter Twenty-Five

Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

;chapter twenty five;

 

 

Hayoung's POV

 

"So Chanyeol how've you been? You totally stopped contacting me after going to England. Were your new friends that entertaining that you forgot all about me?" I sat across Chanyeol, with my elbows propped on the table and my chin resting over my entwined hands. 

He laughed one of his throaty deep dorky laughs before leaning over and imitating my position. "Well no one in this universe can ever be as entertaining as you Hayoung-ah." He replied with a grin.

" Oh really? I'm flattered." I returned the grin. 

I glanced at Kris from the corner from my eyes. He sat beside me, busy on his phone. On his damn ing phone. I scowled before returning my attention back to Chanyeol, who had a mischievous smile plastered on his mouth. I narrowed my eyes at him. 'What' I mouthed. He held both his hands up in the air in surrender. 'Nothing' he mouthed back, faking an innocent expression. Boys are annoying as . 

"Omo Chanyeol-ah!" I heard my 4 year old cousin's voice coming from behind me. Oh god. Not again. I closed my eyes, trying to control the frustration. Couldn't she just leave me alone? 

"Seohyun." Chanyeol acknowledged with a smile which didn't reach his eyes. But how does he know her? He had left for England before Seohyun transferred to the school. 

"We meet again. I didn't know we went to the same middle school." Seohyun came from behind me and stood beside where Chanyeol was sitting. Being the gentleman he was, Chanyeol stood up to talk to her. 

"Yeah. Baekhyun never told me about it." Chanyeol said in a clipped tone. It was so unlikely of him to act like that. Usually he's really cheerful and talkative to strangers even.  And seeing the catty gleam in Seohyun's eyes, my suspicions were proved right. They had to had something going on.

"Aw I think he forgot to mention it.  Maybe he was a little insecure that we'd get along too well. I must say he's a really possessive boyfriend." I could hear the mocking tone in her voice. 

"Oh I'm sorry. You wouldn't know since he never dated you. You two were just friends with benefits right? And he didn't even give you a proper goodbye before he left London and came running back to me." 

Okay now I know. I stood up too abruptly causing the chair I was sitting upon to fall back on the ground. And that certainly caught Kris's attention as he finally diverted his eyes from the phone. To hell with his attention.

I walked over to where Seohyun was standing with wide eyes and stood right in front of her face. She was a few inches taller than me but with the adrenaline rushing through my blood, I just didn't care anymore. I checked my perfectly manicured nails before locking my eyes directly with hers. And then I did it. 

I slapped her. 

I could hear the gasps from everyone in the restaurant.
And after that, we were surrounded by a total silence. Not a pinch of noise. Nothing. Nada. 

We just stood there silently staring at each other. She covered one of her hands over the cheek my palm had landed upon. I think I hit her a little too hard. My palm was literally burning but it was worth it. She deserved it. I deserved it. And for the first time in years, I felt a huge weight lift from my chest. I've finally done something I wanted to do from years back. I'd craved for it. It's like I finally started to inhale the right amount of oxygen. It felt awesome!

"How. Dare. You." Seohyun growled in a low pitched voice, I could see the fire in her eyes. Yeah bring it on baby.
"Well you see Seohyun-ah" I started, emphasizing her favorite 'ah' word, "I've been wanting to do it for years now. And let's just admit it, okay? You deserved it. Lets's just state the reasons shall we? Reason no. 1, you are a . Reason no. 2, you are a . Reason no.3, you are a bitxh. Have you noticed something babe? You always get the second hands. And you don't get the boys, you steal them. They are not attracted by you, they are distracted by you. You only seem to know how to distract them for a couple for months before they go running back to their previous girlfriends or boyfriends or whatever. Because in the end of the day, their girlfriends are far better than you. You know what girls like you are called? An easy . They don't love you honey, they lust on you. Because you don't deserve love. You just deserve a ." 

I gulped down a huge amount of air after finishing my long speech. Wow that was pretty...long. And before anyone could say anything, I reached down for my clutch, glanced at Kris who was grinning down at me, and then I took off in long strides without looking back. I'd done what I'd came here to do.

But I didn't get any food. Damn. 

 

I  rushed out of the restaurant and was met by the cold night breeze immediately. I shivered as soon as the chilly breeze passed through me. I looked behind me and saw no trace of Kris. What the hell? He's supposed to follow me god dammit! How the hell am I supposed to go home now? There's no way I'm going inside the restaurant now. 

I bite my bottom lip as I braced myself, trying to protect my almost body from the cold. The jerk has been acting a little too much jerk-ish tonight. And although I was pretty used to it by now, tonight I felt kinda hurt. I mean what else was expecting from him? A douchebag remains a douchebag. And also my mission on making him jeal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter