Chapter Twenty-Six

Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

;chapter twenty six;

 

 

Hayoung's POV

 

We reached our home within a few minutes because of Kris driving like a lunatic. As soon as the car was parked in the home garage, he got out and slammed the door shut. I watched with my mouth opened as he sped towards the house without even glancing back at my direction. Um...okay. Did I do something wrong? Was my mouth smelly? Or maybe he's got STD and he's feeling guilty of transmiting it to me through the kiss. Okay, that escalated quickly. I should stop now. 

My mother was standing while leaning against the wall when I entered the house. As I shut the door she came to me warily. 

"Everything okay?" she asked. 

I forced a smile on my lips as I said, "Yup! It was fantastic! I had a face-off with Soohyun. I think I can die happy now." I could see a smile playing on her lips.

"I'm really tired now mom. I'll tell you everything tomorrow, okay?" 

I climbed up the stairs before she could say anything. I really needed that warm bath. I've had enough drama today. 

As I reached the second floor, I could hear laughter coming from the other side of the floor, meaning Kris' room. My brows furrowed. Um, what the hell? I tiptoed towards his room and pressed my ear against the closed door. 

"No no it's fine. I'll meet you tomorrow. It's been a really long time since we've last seen each other. I really do miss your company. No one can make me laugh as much as you do." 

My heart stopped beating for a second. Who was he talking to me? Does he have a girlfriend? I balled my hands into fists. If he kissed me regardless of having a girlfriend, then I'm gonna kill him. Come to think of it, he's been busy the whole evening with his phone. I could feel a familiar pain at the left side of my chest. I shook my head hard. No Hayoung! You can't fall for this jerk! He's got heartbreak written all over his face. You can't have feelings for him. 

I tiptoed back to my room as silently as I could and locked the door. I took off my heels and that felt like heaven. I wiggled out of my dress and got inside the shower. Yeah I'm too tired to warm up the bath now. I sighed in relief as the warm water slid through my body. So much drama for one day. Why life, why? Why me? 

After drying up my hair and wearing a cotton shorts and tank top, I jumped inside my personal heaven otherwise known as the comforter of my bed. I closed my eyes and let sleep take over me. The last thing I heard was a light knock on my door. 

 

 

The sun light hitting my eyes woke me up from my deep slumber. I started to stretch my limbs when I felt a heavy weight on my stomach. I froze stretching my arms mid-air. I slowly turned my head towards my left and that's when I saw a tanned body sleeping beside me.

Okay. What the is Kai doing in my bed?

I ever so slowly extended my hands towards him. But just when I was about to touch his arm, the door burst open, revealing a furious Kris and a mystery blonde latched onto his arm like a koala. 

"What the are you doing?" Kris growled.

I look around me and then looked back at him and said, "Uhm...me?" 

"She's so dumb." said the blonde koala. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Excuse me?" 

She smirked at me before flipping her hair off her shoulder and latching back on Kris's arm. 

I could feel the bed move beneath me as the main culprit finally decided to wake up. 

"What's going on?" asked Kai while rubbing his sleepy eyes.

I gave him the are-you-serious look and said, "What are you doing in my bed?" 

Kai stared at me weirdly and said, "Honey, we're married. So this is my bed too. What're you saying?" 

Erm..what? 

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!" I flinched at the scary satanic sounding laugh coming from Kris, "YOU! Are you out of your ing mind?! She's MY mistress!" 

Mis-WHAT?!  My eyes widened the size of  saucer. I got off the bed and went towards the closet. I took out my child (what the ?) from there and handed it over to Kris.

"You can have it. Now please leave me alone. I don't want to see you and your wife anymore in the future." I told him while sobbing dramatically. 

He smirked at the child and gave it to Ms.Koala. He then fixed the collar of his floral printed shirt and cleared his throat. My brows furrowed. What is he doing now?

He smirked at me one last time before he started to scream "HAYOUNG" at the top of his voice.

I covered my ears with my arms to save myself from the super strong sound waves he was creating which was blowing my house away. 

 

 

 

"HAYOUNG!" 

I bolted out of my bed at the voice of my mother screaming my name. 
"What?! What happened?!" I asked her with panic, as I looked around my room. 

I winced as she pulled me back down on the bed by my ear. "What happened?! What happened you ask?! Do you realize how long you have been asleep for?! Are you a freakin polar bear?" 

I searched for the wall clock in my room  and saw that it was  7pm. Wait a minute...I went to sleep at 8pm...then how? I'VE BEEN ASLEEP FOR ALMOST A DAY?! 

"Mom! Why didn't you wake me up?!" I looked at her accusingly while running my hands through my bird nest of a hair.  

"Do you think I didn't try? I've been trying to wake you up since 1 hour ago. I almost thought you died,

"Anyway, me and your dad are leaving with Mr and Mrs. Wu to attend a business party. There are some leftover chinese in the fridge. Heat them up and eat them when you're hungry. And share them with Kris. I'll check up on you so be careful, okay?" 

I sat up straight. "Wait. You're leaving me alone with the devil?" I gaped at her. She nodded her head non-chalantly. 

"Eomma! Are you planning to kill me or what!" 

"Stop being dramatic. Kris is out with some friends so it's just you for now. But he'll be back soon so watch over the house 'til he returns." 

"Eomma!" 

Mom got up from the bed and left, ignoring my calls. Aish! So now I'd be alone at home with a guy who left me without saying a word after making out with me and who claimed me to be his mistress in that weird dream. Damn, that dream though. Why did I put my baby in a closet? If anybody knew about it I'd probably be in prison right now as a child molester. Why did I have a kid to begin with?! 

I walked towards my closet with careful steps. Great, now I'm scared of my in closet. I shook my heard vigorously and opened the closet boldly. I put on a tank top and cotton shorts and gathered my hair into a messy pony tail. After brushing my teeth and doing my usual morning routine which is usually done in the morning but I'm doing it at night, I headed downstairs to find an empty house. I sighed and looked around. If I were a high school girl I would've probably leaped up with joy and hung out with my friends right now, but I guess I'm not normal. I was a girl with no friends. I smiled at my own misery. But oh well, it's better to have no friends than to have fake ones who'd do nothing but betray you. 

I plopped down on the couch and turned the TV on. It was nearly 1 hour since my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter