Chapter Twenty-Eight

Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(The cute poster was made by one of my lovely Russian readers. I honestly can't tell how thankful I am to have such amazing readers.)

;chapter twenty eight;

 

 

Hayoung's POV

 

"Why do you have this?!" I asked, trying to sound as nervous as I could. Surely, I would've inherited some acting skills like Krystal had since birth. It better run in the genes. 

I could see Kris's jaw flexing while his eyes looked like the dark sky before a storm. He let go of my elbow and put that hand in his pocket instead. It seemed like he was suffocating from not being able to say something which pleased me immensely.

"You really have feelings for that loser?" He scoffed. "I knew you were lame, but I never knew anyone could be this lame." 

He. Did. Not. 

I straightened my back, trying to stand tall which really didn't help much standing next to a giant human. I laughed in disbelief while rubbing my elbow, which weirdly felt cold all of a sudden. 

"Really? You've decided to start throwing weak insults now? Wasn't humiliating me in front of the whole class enough for today, Kris Wu?" 

He bit the inside of his cheeks, guilt unmistakably evident in his expression.  

"I didn't mean to do that. I thought-"

"You know what? Just forget about it. I don't have the energy to listen to your excuses or insults or anything! It was a long day, okay?" 

I turned towards my room and was about to leave when I was suddenly pulled and turned around and pushed back towards the wall. Two giant arms on both sides of my head, encasing me. Kris's eyes were hooded and slightly hidden under his disheveled hair. 

"You're not escaping again, shortie. You've had your say. You listen to me now." His eyes flickered back and forth from my eyes and lips. Which made me unconsciously my lips. I could hear him inhale sharply.

"Look. I really didn't mean to hurt you at school today. I thought we were having our usual bickering. I didn't see the whole class's attention was on us," he said, while I was busing trying not to squirm under his intense stare. 

"And about your crush on Jung Suk, I'm not taking my words. You could do so much better than that loser."

"That's not for you to decide." 

That ever present teeth grinding. He leaned closer that left very scarce space between us. I could feel his cool breath on my face. Dang he smells good. He smelled like mixture of woods and something earthy. 

"That's not for me to decide. But I'll judge you so hard until you can't but give up on your cute little crush on that boy," he whispered mere inches from my face. 

"And why would you do that?" I asked, glaring right back at him. He smirked and I could almost see the imaginary satanic horns on his head. He turned his head to the side such that his lips were slightly touching my ears. I could feel the goosebumps rise all over my neck. 

"Because I love to make your life miserable, Shortie." 

After that, what he did made me freeze like a mannequin. He bit the top of my ear.

HE BIT MY EAR.

Okay, I mean not like a savage animalistic. More like a puppy nip. But still a bite nonetheless.

Before I could react, which I mean did take me like a whole 10 minutes to do, he casually turned around and walked away with his usual swagger. Like nothing ever happened. Nada. 

After I unfroze from my mannequin state, I touched the ear which had turned really hot. I'm pretty sure it would be brighter shade of red than a tomato if I looked in the mirror. 

I finally walked into my room in a daze. I felt like the temparature had risen a few degrees somehow. Making a dive for the bed, I pressed my face against the pillows, hoping sleep would make my heart calm the eff down.

 

 

I entered the classroom minutes before the class started. I woke up in a really groggy mood. I barely got any sleep last night. I mostly couldn't sleep thinking of ways to carry out my revenge plan against Kris. His weird behaviour yesterday night made me more determined to get a reaction out of him. Everytime we have a fight, it always ends up with me being flustered, and him walking off with all smirkis and swagger and all. Just once, I want to see his cool mask come off. 

During recess break, I sat at my usual spot under the big tree with my headphones on. I leaned my head against the tree with my eyes closed, enjoying the warm air brushing against my cheeks and the melody of the piano filling my ears. At times like this, the most deepest thoughts about life arrive in my head. Well, not science stuff like Newton or anything. Things like how my life would be if I had a loyal friend whom I could fill in with all my life drama, someone who would advice me and laugh together with me at the absudity of the situations I sometimes fall into. I did have a friend like that. If only Krystal never came into the picture, were would we be now? Would've we remained friends, or maybe- 

Suddenly something hard hit me in the head and bounced off. Okay, please don't tell me it's a ing apple now.

Only it hurt much more than an apple would. I opened my eyes and found a freaking baket ball on my lap. I looked around and there was no one to be seen. What the- 

"Hey!" A voice came from above. I lifted my head towards the roof of our school and saw, wait for it, none other than Lee Jong Suk standing with a goofy smile on his face. Life is really playing games with me right now. This boy has been in my school for years now, and we never even had an eye contact. And now that I'm planning to take revenge against Kris using Jong Suk as a bait, he suddenly enters into the story with a cliche scene. 

He put up his index finger, telling me to wait. He disappeared for a minute before coming face-to-face with me. Holy is he tall. I awkwardly stood up and handed over his ball to him. I almost had to stretch my hands over my head to do that. He accepted it with one hand, the other one rubbing the back of his neck. 

"I'm really sorry about that. I was just playing around with the ball when it slipped from my hand. Hope it didn't hit you too hard." 

"Nah I'm fine. I was worried for a moment if it was an apple and God had chosen me to be the next Newton or something." 

He threw his head back and laughed loudly. His skin was so smooth the sun rays were literally reflecting on it. He was a really pretty boy indeed. I kinda got now why the girls were crazy for him. For me though, pretty boys weren't really my type. 

He recovered from his laughing fit and looked at me with amused eyes. 

"I kinda feel bad though. Let me buy you a coffee as compensation?"

"Damn, I can never refuse coffee you know." 

"I never asked your name." 

"Oh Hayoung." I said which a awkward smile. 

He reached his hands towards me for a hand shake and said, "Nice to meet you, Hayoung. I'm Lee Jong Suk."

"I know you. We were in the same class in middle school." His eyes widened. "Sorry I have really ty memory." I laughed and waved it off. 

He smiled brightly.  "Okay. I'll meet you after school outside the basketball court." 

Kris would be there. This is the perfect opportunity. I think the universe is on my side for once.

Que the satanic laugh. 

 

 

I packed my bags quickly as the soon as the classes ended. I went to the washroom first to check my appearance. I looked like . My long hair, which I had put into a tight ponytail this morning, had somehow escaped from the rub

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter