Chapter 4 Part 2

My Ten Letters To You

 

Key and Onew had their usual routines during the morning. Key prepared breakfast and Onew had their things ready for school. Key drives both of them to school and Onew gives a few reminders to Key before they go to their classes. But usually, Key had a bright smile every morning and that made Onew’s day all the time. Onew has been suspecting a love affair between Sekyung and Jonghyun but he never told Key about it.

“ I’m really scared for Kibum, I don’t know what’s going on but he’s been really cold for the past weeks.”

Onew told Taemin and Minho during lunch break at the garden. The garden overlooked the field and usually, the three would see Key and Jonghyun share moments with each other.

“ I also haven’t seen or heard much from Jonghyun hyung. They said he’s been in the theatre all day long, and always makes himself busy in his Music classes.”

Taemin said to Onew, while sipping his banana milk. Minho was quite silent the whole time so the two asked why.

“ Well, I saw Jonghyun hyung with Sekyung all day. And yesterday, they were in the field at around 6 and then Jonghyun watched her rehearse in the theatre afterwards. He attends her long drama classes with her all the time.  I asked Yunho hyung about it, and he said Jonghyun changed his art class schedule to drama. Then I asked Jessica about the two of them, she said they’re getting there. That’s all she said but I think that answers all of the questions hyung.”

Onew grew silent of what Minho said. He started to think about Key and how he would react if he finds out everything about Sekyung and Jonghyun.

After classes, Taemin saw Key from afar walking slowly to his car, but maknae noticed that Onew was not there yet, so he started to run towards Key to chat.

“Hyung, how have you been? I missed you. You’re always gone whenever we look for you.”

“I’ve been…well, I guess. I’ve been making a lot of artworks for my class.”

Taemin saw sadness in his Hyung’s eyes. He knew what was starting to happen but he chose not to tell Key about it. He was unsure of what would result if he told Key the whole story about why Jonghyun is avoiding him. Out of nowhere, Onew arrived and Taemin asked for a drive to his house.

As they arrive at the dorm, Onew gave a ticket to Key for the homecoming party. Key was supposed to get his ticket from the student council but since he was too busy making artworks, he never got a chance to even go there.

“ Thanks, hyung….”

“ Are you going to attend that?”

“I’ll try…”