Chapter 8 Part 1

My Ten Letters To You

 

The next morning, Key blankly stared at the letter that had been sent to him by a person name ‘JH’. He dreamt about him crying and running away from someone. He thought that his dream was probably connected to the letter. He was thinking about it all night before he went to sleep.

Onew was planning on visting Key and possibly Jonghyun before he heads to school. Since Minho had early soccer practice, he decided to go alone, bringing chicken. As he entered the room, Key was already awake looked like waiting for someone to visit him.

“Annyeong dongsaeng, how are you?...are you…waiting for someone?”

“ Ani…Ani…I’m fine hyung, and is that chicken?”

“Yeah, I wanted to share it with you. This is the first and probably the last time I should share my chicken, keke.”

Key had a smirk on his face, this one of those unforgettable days. Onew hyung shares his chicken. For the first time. Onew and Key had a great short time together since hyung had classes. Onew left at about 9am. By that time, Sekyung was on her way to the hospital visiting Jonghyun. Before Sekyung arrives, Jonghyun writes another letter for Key to be sent later that night. After finishing the letter, Sekyung arrived. Just a split sec and he almost got caught.

“Jjong, I’m back. You’re doing well now, I heard that you can walk better and a bit faster.”

“Yeah, been practicing.”

“Okay then, let me see baby.”

Jonghyun felt much awkwardness when he heard the word ‘baby’. He then imagined if Key called him that. It wouldn’t sound weird.

“I’m still feeling lazy, maybe later…I just woke up you know.”

“Is that so…Okay, let’s eat instead.”

Jonghyun never spoke a word while eating with Sekyung. He missed his friends, but he missed Kibum the most but sadly, he doesn’t remember a thing about him.

“Jjong, why are you so quiet nowadays, are you OK?”

“Ughm, yeah it’s just that I’m missing the outside world pretty much.”

Sekyung didn’t answer back. She finally felt that Jonghyun didn’t wanna answer her questions.

Minho and Taemin were supposed to meet up in front of the hospital. Taemin was there early, but then Minho arrived almost about an hour after him. Taemin became impatient and once Minho arrived, he had this angry pout and he signalled Minho to hurry up to the door.

“Taemin-ah, I’m really sorry.”

“……”

Minho grabbed Taemin’s hand gently and looked into his eyes almost kissing him.

“Taemin-ah, mianhe…I promise I’ll be early.”

Minho gave him a smack on the lips. Not noticing that Onew was watching them from the back.

“You two should get a room.”

Onew said while passing by the two. Minho lost grab of Taemin. They both were embarrassed. They haven’t told much about their relationship. But Onew knows everything about his friends well enough to notice that the two are dating.

“Annyeong Kibum, how’s the memory? Is there someone you remember?”

“Yeah, Hyung…I have videos from schoolmates wishing you to get well soon.”

Key watched all the videos, somehow he started to remember people. He was close with lots of students and he had so many connections. It was always easy for the four to get into an org or perhaps an event because of Key. They all ate dinner together in the hospital, Onew ordered through the phone. They told stories about Changmin and Yunho, to be re-elected as president and vice president of the student council. They also told Key that Amber wore short shorts one morning. Their laughter can be heard from the other room. Jonghyun started to wonder what they were laughing about, Key seems to be having fun.

As soon as Sekyung went home 30 minutes later, Onew and the other two went to Jonghyun’s room to greet him.

“Annyeong, Jjong! Key went to sleep early. The doctor said he needs plenty of sleep to have more energy.”

“Annyeong, hyung you guys sounded like you were having much more fun there.”

“Ah Jjong, we told Key stories from school, wanna hear them too?”

“Sure, I’d love too!”

Jonghyun laughed like there was no yesterday. He surely had fun with them. As they left, Jonghyun thanked them for making his day complete. It was 9:30 Pm and Jonghyun was preparing himself to send his letter. Luckily, Key’s door isn’t locked. He slowly entered the room. He saw Key’s white skin glowing, as he sleeps. Jonghyun caressed Key’s hand and stared at him for a while. Jonghyun kissed his hand and left the letter on his palm. He quickly left the room.

The next morning, Key found the letter on his hand. It had pink stickers on it, which Key really loved. The envelope was also pink. He open the letter and started to read.

“Kibum,

Good morning! I knew you would read this letter as soon as you wake up the next day. How have you been today? I hope you’re doing well with your therapy. I bet you’re already wondering who I maybe. I’m making these letters so that you may remember me, even just the times we had together.

Before all of these happened, you and I were inseparable. I knew so many things about you like your favourite color, which is pink keke~ All of the presents I gave you had to be pink. Do you remember Sungmin-hyung? He really gets jealous when I buy you pink stuff, he loves that color too. That’s the reason why I sent this letter with pink stickers. I’m the only one who never gives you something that doesn’t have pink in it. I gave you pink headphones one time, and you almost kissed me. We had that awkward moment afterwards. But after an hour it was like nothing happened. You really love those headphones, I told Onew hyung to bring him to you this week. In fact, I told him to bring you all of the presents I gave you.

Do you remember the time when you told me you fell in love with somebody? I was too stupid to not notice who that person was. You never really told me much about that person, so I didn’t care much. I thought it was only a crush or something. Love would never get in your way, Kibum. You were always smarter to realize that there are better things in life. You didn’t get into relationships because you didn’t wanna get hurt or hurt someone. If you can remember, CL really had strong feelings for you, but you never gave it a try. She told you how much she really liked you. Then you called me. CL was quite pretty, and she had a great personality. But you said that you didn’t want to have a relationship at that time. Another girl was Sooyoung, that girl’s pretty tall, I think she’s taller than me by one inch -___-. Anyways, I didn’t tell you that she also had deep feelings for you. After 2 months she called you and then told you that she liked you very much. You called me again, and said the same exact thing. No relationships. Amber also had secret feelings for you! Keke~ but she didn’t wanna tell you like the others did. Eventually, she remained close friends with you. There were so many girls that liked you Key. And all of them told me about it. You had so many friends in school, probably the reason why those girls were in to you. You’re so friendly and approachable. Not to mention really sweet and very respectful to girls.

But then, after a series of girls that liked you, I started to remember who that person you fell in love with was. Why weren’t you making a move? Who was she? I knew almost all of the girls in school but it seemed like you didn’t have feelings for any of them. At first I thought it was Nicole but, knowing you I bet you would treat that girl differently.

Months have passed since you told me that you fell in love with somebody, but I’m still wondering who that person was. I even asked Onew hyung, he told me that you said the same thing to him. I asked Minho and Taemin but they said that they didn’t know about you being in love and all, until I told them. I was eager to know because after all, I’m your best friend. But you hadn’t told anyone I guess. So I just waited until you tell me who that special someone was.

That’s all for now, this letter has been quite long enough to make you remember some girls in school keke…and some of me. I hope to see you soon.

                          ------JH------“