Chapter 10 Part 2

My Ten Letters To You

 

Key was alone in the room. He felt that someone closed away from him. He read JH’s letter. How did he know about the party? Key thought. As he read, he found out that Onew hyung was the one who told JH about the little party going on last night at his room. He then realized that Onew hyung must know this person, and the must be talking often. Onew hyung left early today, so Key had nothing to do in his room except sleep. He easily slept, but after two hours and a half, he woke up. He tries to remember some memories again, as he always would. Each day had progress, which means the lesser days he would stay in the hospital.

He heard some people from the hallway. A girl about his age and two nurses, arguing about something. The noise was disrupting his practice of memory, so he just observed how the girl and the nurses conversed. After a little while, the girl looked at him through the door, it was an unpleasant look, infact, it was a glare. Key looked at her blankly. “Why did she glare at me?” Key thought. She must be so upset that she had to glare at someone probably. But the girl looked a little familiar, he just couldn’t remember her.

A few hours later, Minho suddenly opened the door. He was kind of smiling, which was weird for Key, maybe he had something to brag about again.

“Yah, Kibum…They said you’ll be out here in about a week and a half or so. Can you believe it? How fast huh?”

“Omo, I thought I’d be stuck here for three more weeks!”

“Ani, the doctor insisted, he said you’ll be recovering more, if you’re at home. Maybe you’ll remember more things, and be back at school again.”

“Oh thank God. There’s still a few I can’t remember but I’m sure I’ll be remembering them when I get home.”

They chatted for a while, but soon enough, Minho left. It was past 6:30 PM, and sooner or later, he’d be sleeping, and JH would send his letter again.

“So, are you in, Hyung?”

Jonghyun said to Onew, he was ready to leave.

“Sure.”

Onew said and left the dorm. He went to the hospital and as Jonghyun had instructed, he went to Key’s room, and carefully he placed the letter right next to Key’s hand.

“Key

   I was surprised at your reply. I’m still shocked right now, and I can’t stop reading it. Yes, I’m your bestfriend, and I’ll always be. There are still many things that can be confusing to you, but soon enough you’ll understand. I’m speechless about your reply right now. I can’t seem to pull my thoughts together.

And since you are my bestfriend, I had to tell you that, I’m pretty happy today. But I can’t tell you why. I’m just glad that I finally got out. That’s all I can say about my utter happiness. Anyways, how have you been? I heard you had a huge progress, and you’ll be getting out of the hospital soon. I hope you’re getting better. Remembering stuff, and remembering me.

 Well, I’ve told you almost everything I knew about you.  I’ll tell you about your love story this time. You told me about this not long before the accident had occurred.

This person you loved was pretty much a if you ask me. He didn’t see signs that you’re in love with him. He was playing games with girls, while you were there, watching him. Though it hurts for you, you still won’t stop. You were there, to support him as a bestfriend, and after all, he treated you just as is. But after a long time of waiting, he finally fell for you. And you didn’t even do a thing. Maybe a strange connection happened between you two. He loved staring at you. At last, you were the happiest person on earth. Maybe, well when you told me about that, you seemed to be so positive everyday. Keke~ well, I hope I told you enough for this letter. If you reply, I would read it for sure. I’ll see you in two weeks. J

                                                                                                                                              --JH—“

The next day, Key read the letter. A strange feeling happened to him. His heart’s beating was frantically fast. And he didn’t know why.