Chapter 7 Part 2

My Ten Letters To You

 

"Wh..what...he doesn't remember me?"

Jonghyun looked down and almost went teary. Onew tries to comfort him and gives him positivity.

"Jjong, there are ways. The doctor said that we can bring his memory back if we slowly make him remember piece by piece."

Jonghyun smiled because of enlightenment. He then thought of many ways to recover Key's memory of him. It is not going to be easy for him. Sekyung wouldn't let him out of the room, or his friends inside the room. She wouldn't even let Jonghyun see pictures of Key or any of his friends. Even the presents that Onew gave to him, were never opened. 

"Jjong, I...need to go home early later. My dad got back from America."

"Okay, I'll be fine here."

It was 7:30 PM when Sekyung left the hospital. Jonghyun couldn't stop thinking of ways on how to recover Key's memory. Jjong remembers that Key loved to read letters from special people. Every detail like the design and the content, he would definitely appreciate. Jonghyun never gave him one of those before. 

"It's worth a try..."

Jonghyun grabbed the pen and started writing.

" Kibum,

Annyeong! It's been a while since you've been awake. Onew hyung told me how beautiful you smiled after you woke up. I wish I saw that. Welcome to the real world once again! keke. I bet you've had wonderful dreams during your long time of sleep. Onew hyung also told me that you can't remember some people from school. 

I'm one of those whom you can't remember. Let me tell you about our story. You see Kibum, we're best friends. We loved to hang out and do all sorts of stuff together. You loved art so much and you always showed me your works. I always say that you're an amazing artist and you would always answer, " I Know.." keke. You're very noisy too. Always nagged a lot, keke. Every lunch break, you would always go to the field, going to your usual spot, right under the big tree and sit quietly. And after 5 minutes, I would push you from behind and then you would give me that signature glare of yours. That scares a lot of people, but it doesn't scare me. Sometimes. Whenever we speak about the girls I've dated, you always nag about how careless I am when it comes to relationships. I guess I never listen. Also, during dinner, we always go to your place to eat. You cook such great food. 

I bet you still won't remember me by this, but tomorrow night, I'll send you another one. because you always loved letters coming from special people. I believe that I'm special. ^^

----JH----"

Jonghyun went out of his room and peeked through Key's door window to see if he's awake. He slowly opened the door and put the letter under Key's hand. The next morning, Key opened his eyes and felt something quite tacky on his hand. He was surprised to see a letter. Nothing was written on the envelope, execpt for, Key. It had doodles that made Key's eyes sparkle, he loved it.

He read the letter. All of those events slightly went back to him. But sadly, he couldn't remember that one guy he was always with. 

"He only wrote JH..." 

Key thought. He could never take off his mind from the letter. It makes him remember people and events but he still couldn't remember JH.