Chapter 15 Part 1

My Ten Letters To You

 

Key,
 
   Today's the day (I knew you were gonna read this the day after I gave it)! I'm so excited for you. You'll be able to attend your classes, which means I don't have to take your art classes anymore for you. Keke. People in school are very excited as well. Especially me. I'm very sure that I'll see you almost anywhere in school today. I wonder what you'll wear and how you look like. Did you change your hair? Oh and don't forget to always bring that pink notebook. You'll never know when that gets very handy ^^. Plus, bring that box too! Those presents I gave you. I can't wait to see you happy again, just like before. When you were enjoying your  artworks and talking to people. Dancing with Taemin-ah during after-school hours. Those were some of the many things you do before you were confined in the hospital. I'm sure that there will be lots of presents for you tomorrow! Well, I won't let you read a long letter and not be able to attend your "first day of school." I hope you'll enjoy this day, Kibum. Always smile! See you there.
 
---JH---
 
Key placed the envelope back to the book where Onew slipped it. He knew very well that Onew was the one recieving the letters from JH.  But he also knew that Onew wouldn't tell him who JH is.
 
Key was so excited that when Onew woke up at around 6 AM in the morning, Key was already preparing breakfast. 
 
"Hyung, breakfast's ready." Key said, laying the plates on the table.
 
"Excited?" Onew asked.
 
"Very." Key replied. He grabbed the plate of scrambled eggs and finished off with coffee, of course.
 
They went to the car, and back to the basics, Key drove and Onew sat on the passenger seat, listening to his stories about someone, or a group of people. 
 
"Onew hyung, I wonder who that JH is, I hope to see him in school." Key said.
 
He was hoping for a clue at least, but Onew didn't reply. He knew that Key was asking for him to know who JH really is. Onew smiled at Key, then opened the window to get some fresh air. All these secrets are starting to give me a heart attack. Onew thought.  He played some music from his iPod and slept for about 10 minutes. They arrived at school at around 8:30 AM. Everyone seemed normal, nothing special as what JH have said. None of the students were noticing that he came back, he felt a little sad. 
 
He went to his usual painting class during mondays. The professor greeted him, the usual. They started the lesson and painted a new concept. The professor then asked the students to stop painting. Key was almost done.  The students started to stand up and grabbed their easels. Key didn't know what to do, he almost grabbed his when he read the easels: "WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL KEY!" It had different colors and some students from the other classes went there just to greet him. 
 
"Oppa! I missed you sooooo much! How've you been?" Amber said while holding a huge tarpauline.
"Amber-sshi, I've been well I guess. What about you? You haven't changed a bit!" Key replied. 
He was looking at the pink tarpauline that Amber was holding. It said: "Key Oppa, Welcome back to school we missed you soooo much!" It had stickers on it.
 
"Key, Welcome back to school!" Yunho, the president of the student council said. He was holding a piece of paper which he gave to Key after he greeted him.
 
"Here's your schedule. It's been fixed for you already. Again, welcome back and I'm happy to see you here." Yunho said.
 
"Thanks hyung!" Key replied.
 
Key felt someone tapping his shoulder, and when he turned back, he saw Jessica, Nicole and Sunny holding pink lollipops that spell out his name. 
 
"Key, for you!" Jessica said handing the lollipop to Key.
 
"Welcome back Key!" Sunny smiled while giving her lollipop.
 
"Ah, Key. When you weren't here, I can't find anyone to do my favors. Anyway, welcome back!" Nicole said.
 
"Thank you, Sunny noona, Jessica noona and Nicole, I'm still not running for ANY position though." Key laughed. Nicole frowned but then smiled and hugged Key tight. 
 
At the rear corner of the room were some of the students watching the 'show'. One of them handed Key the letters that some people wrote for him as he was about to leave the room.
 
Key went outside of the art room, and outside, he saw many people in the hallway, greeting him. On his way to the cafeteria, the students were obviously anticipating him.
 
"Ya, Key!" Someone shouted. It was Jaebom, who was in charge of the dance classes he took after school.
 
"Jay-hyung!" Key replied.
 
Jaebom ran towards Key, hugged him and then shook his hand.
 
"Welcome back to school! You know, there's always this sad moment when you weren't around at the practice room, I was sad." Jaebom said, teasing Key.
 
"Hyung, you never change. Of course, there will always be a sad moment without me." Key said, pushing Jaebom away.
 
"You never changed as well, Kibum." Jaebom said. 
 
"Key-ah! Yah! Over here!" Onew shouted. He was already standing on the table.
 
Key looked at him and giggled. He walked towards the table where Taemin, Minho and Onew were sitting.
 
"With all this craze, you still have to remember that you're going to sit with us during lunch." Onew said.
 
"Of course, hyung. I'll never forget that." Key replied. 
 
Some of the students gave him candies when passing by their table. Instantly, Taemin and Onew would grab some and eat the candies. One of the students who passed by gave pink candies, Key smiled at him, then he smiled back as well, but left quickly. Taemin attempted to grab one of the pink candies but then Key didn't want to, since it's...PINK.
 
"Oh how fun is this, feels like christmas." Onew said while chewing on the candies.
 
"careful hyung, might have cavity." Minho said chewing on his own, healthy food.
 
After a series of chewing, swallowing and burping, the group left the table and went to the library.
 
Key went to his usual spot in the library. The table was filled with notes for Key. Everyone seemed to have prepared for his comeback. But one of the notes bothered him. It says: "I hope you'll remember me...-JH". Of course, JH would be part of the surprise, but with the number of people greeting him, Key wouldn't figure out who JH was. He grabbed the note and left the library.
 
He went down, outside and to the field. Again, to his usual spot, he went.
Something pushed him to open the box that JH had given. He pasted the note in the notebook and added: "So you were here.
 
Key opened the box and looked at the ring. He stared at it blankly. JH said that he would be the one wearing it to me, but where the hell is he? Key was very anxious to meet JH. He sat there and thought of him, for most of his time. He thought about the letters that JH had sent. After a long process of thinking and meditating, Key stood up and went back to his classes.
 
Key took a seat in his second art class. A student placed an envelope on his desk while he was fixing his bag. Key saw the student going out of the room. He looked familiar to Key. But he had no time to chase that student since the class was starting.  Afterwards, Key ran to dance training. He missed dancing with Taemin, they had fun during training. A lot of steps were missed, but Key quickly learned them all in one day.
 
At night he then dropped his bag and went straight to the sofa to rest. Onew was trying to prepare dinner, but he only cooked eggs, the beef was outside the fridge but Onew was too scared to make a meal out of it.
 
Key pulled out the letter, he noticed that something was written on it, "Open this when you're in the field. Bring the ring with you." Onew was looking at him from a distance. Key looked at Onew, but Onew looked away. He started to prepare the plates.
 
"Key, cook the beef already." Onew said.
 
"Okay hyung." Key replied and put the letter back to his bag.
 
After cooking, Key and Onew sat on the table and started to eat.
 
"So, how was your epic day?" Onew asked.
 
"It was so great that I can't really think of any other word to describe it right now." Key replied.
 
Both chatted for a little bit, after eating. Then they went to bed.

The next morning, Key was so excited again. He woke up before Onew and prepared breakfast. He prepared his things swiftly. Everything was so fast that Onew couldn't keep pace with Key. After 15 minutes [Key had been waiting inside the car] , Onew finally went out of their dorm and went to the car.
 
"You're acting strange." Onew said, as Key drove them both to school.
 
"I'm meeting someone." Key said.