Chapter 10 Part 1

My Ten Letters To You

 

The doctor was early at Jonghyun’s room. He was there for quite a while, explaining his condition. After some time, Onew was slightly running and inspecting if Sekyung had arrived early, he went to peek onto Jonghyun’s room, and to his relief, it was just the doctor staring at him. The doctor was leaving, as he smiled at Onew he told him some good news.

“ Your friend can rest at home now.”

Onew didn’t have anything to say, he grinned to the doctor and directly opened the door to see Jonghyun.

“JONGHYUN-AH! You’re free from this turmoil!”

Jonghyun didn’t reply, he kept laughing at Onew, how he said those words were pretty funny.

“Turmoil?”

“Yes, Ughm you know. Hell…Oh never mind, I’m so happy you’ll be able to rest at home!”

“The doctor said I still need a week to rest at home, then I’m good to go. What about Key though?”

“Oh, Jjong. He’s gonna be here for…I don’t know three weeks or more? He’s going through processes.”

“What processes?”

“That’s just something I invented, I don’t know what the doctor was saying about him last time. It was about his memory.”

Onew definitely had a sangtae day, Jonghyun thought. Onew helped him pack up his things to leave. It was quite strange that Sekyung hadn’t entered the room yet. But the two didn’t think of that anymore. Onew called Minho and told him to drive at the hospital. Of course, Taemin would be there. They arrived, bringing the boxes and bags to the trunk.

“You should probably say goodbye to him.”

“Onew hyung, he doesn’t even remember me…”

“Well, What will you do, I’ll be going to his room. Would you like to come with me?”

“No hyung, at least not inside. I’ll just watch.”

“Okay then.”

Onew went to Key’s room. Key was awake, silent but with a smile on his face. Jonghyun couldn’t hear anything. He was watching them talk. After a long while Key catched a glimpse of Jonghyun staring at him. Jonghyun froze. He couldn’t look away. Then all of a sudden, the door made a sound. It was Onew Hyung trying to get out.

“Will you please NOT block the door next time.”

Onew said, Jonghyun nodded.

“mianhe.”

They drove off the hospital. Jonghyun was holding Key’s letter on his left hand. He didn’t talk in the car much. Then after about 30 minutes. He thought about Sekyung. ‘SEKYUNG!’ he thought. What if she went to the hospital? It was too late, they reached home.

“Welcome back hyung.”

Minho said, as he carries some of Jonghyun’s bags to his room. Jonghyun quietly sat on the couch listening to all the noises. He looked at the pictures. No recent ones taken and framed. He got up and took a closer look at the photo where 5 of them were there. ‘Omo, I’m so small.’ He thought. He looked at each one. Taemin always had a big girl-like smile on his face at pictures. Onew hyung at that grin of his. Minho with the model attitude, he really looks like a frog when he smiles. And Key, who looked like a pretty kitty, as always. For Jonghyun, Key had the softest smile. It was not too small, nor too big. Just right.

“Yah, hyung, aren’t you gonna eat? Dinner’s ready.”

“You mean…delivered.”

Jonghyun saw Taemin, as he received the bill for KFC. Of course, who else would’ve ordered chicken? Onew Hyung. Jonghyun was half amused and half annoyed.

“Jonghyun, welcome back to reality.”

Said Onew, who was munching on his chicken on two hands. He handed over the gravy to Taemin, who was also eagerly eating the fries.

“Well, somehow. I just gotta be on track at school again…”

“You missed a lot, hyung. I had to admit, when the two of you were gone, the school was pretty damn quiet.”

Jonghyun grew silent. In a week, he’d be back in school. And people would probably ask him a lot of questions. About him, about how he was in the hospital and about Key.

“ I don’t wanna answer their questions.”

“What questions?” Onew said.

“When I get back there, people will be asking me a ton of questions.”

“then give them a piece of your trolling.”

“I can’t be a troll when I just arrived from rest. That’s kind of mean.”

“What the hell are you talking about, You’re Kim Jonghyun…You don’t care of whoever, whichever, wherever or whatever! You troll everyone.”

But Key hyung also trolls!” Taemin said.

“True, which makes the two of them perfect.” Minho reacted.

“What about you two? You’ve been making the hospital a public dating place kissi—“

“OKAY HYUNG, maybe Jonghyun hyung should rest now, maybe get a little calls from people. Right hyung” Minho interrupted Onew. He was about to spill out things that Jonghyun didn’t know, most specifically Taemin and Minho’s intimate relationship.

“Soooo, you two are dating?”

Taemin started to clean up the dishes, Jonghyun was looking at him but he doesn’t answer his question.

“Guess that means yes.”

“Hyung, please, answer calls and texts, rest that’s what you need.”

“Just spill it out already, you two are very compatible.”

Taemin had blushed but shrugged. Jonghyun smirked.

 “All this boy romance is making me hungry again, please get off the table before I order some more chicken from KFC.”

Onew said to Jonghyun as he got up from the chair.

“Hyung, please, what does this have to do with chicken?”

“A LOT, Jonghyun…A LOT. Now get some rest…I miss Key’s cooking.”

Jonghyun went upstairs. He heard what Onew said and mumbled “me too.”

Jonghyun read Key’s letter over and over, and over again. But how can he send letters now? The only way is to ask someone to send them. But who could he trust? Who could Key trust? Trust, that he wouldn’t read the letters. Someone who knows both of them well. Jonghyun found out who that person was. But what if Key asked who ‘JH’ was to that person? He went downstairs to plan out things with the trusted person he had chosen.