Chapter 7 Part 1

My Ten Letters To You

 

Onew rushed to the hospital after calling Taemin and Minho. He first went to Jonghyun’s room so that he could tell him the good news.

“Jonghyun, are you awake?”

Jonghyun opened his eyes, but he was already awake by that time.

“Hyung, why are you so early today? Is there something you wanted to tell me?”

Jonghyun looked at Onew deeply and saw great Joy in hyung’s eyes. Jonghyun smiled.

“Jonghyun, the doctor called me up, they said…Key woke up! He woke up!”

Onew hugged Jonghyun very tightly. They were all excited to see Key. Taemin and Minho went inside Jonghyun’s room and they all celebrated. The doctor approached Onew and grabbed him by the arm gently.

“Jinki, there is also a bad side.”

Onew looked very worried.

“Kibum, he…he sort of lost some of his memory.”

Onew went silent and nodded to the doctor. The doctor told him that if ever he doesn’t remember something, it will take time to bring his memory back, but it will as long as they have the patience.  Onew told Jonghyun, Taemin and Minho about what the doctor had said. They were worried, but Minho felt a bit confident.

“I’m sure he’ll remember us all, right? We’ve been hanging out for too long.”

“Well, we’ll just see.”

Onew gave Minho a little smile. The nurse then called Onew and told him that they can visit Key. The three have been waiting for Key’s door to open for quite a time. They opened the door gently and saw Key waiting silenty. As Onew entered the room, he smiled to Key. Key smiled back which probably indicated that he remembered Onew. Taemin and Minho approached, they both smiled at Key as well.

“Kibum…do you, recognize us?”

Key didn’t answer to Onew’s question. Key took Onew’s hand and giggled.

“You’ve been doing the laundry hyung?”

Onew grinned and hugged Key quite tightly.  As Minho and Taemin sat on each side of the bed, Key observed them.  Minho was a bit serious to know if Key still recognizes him, but Taemin had all kinds of smiles on his face.

“Well, how are you two? Taemin-ah, how’s the dance classes?”

They were both astonished to see how well Key remembers everyone. Onew began to tell Key about stories from school and home. Key doesn’t remember some people Onew mentioned. Some of the mentioned were even Key’s closest friends in the campus. Taemin and Minho showed pictures of them to give Key a hint of those people, some were recognized but some will take some time to remember. After a while, Onew then mentioned that Jonghyun is in the other room.

“…Jonghyun?”

“Ne, Jonghyun…wait….y-you don’t remember Jonghyun?”

“Ughm…I don’t  think so.”

Minho showed several pictures of Jonghyun with Key from his iPhone.

“I…I sort of….I can’t…remember anything about Jonghyun..”

“How is this possible, he was the person you were with before, during and after the accident.”

“I can’t remember what had happened to me…Why was I in a coma again?”

Taemin looked a little worried.

“Hyung, you and Jonghyun hyung got hit by a car.”

Key went silent. He was trying to remember that night, when the terrible accident occurred. He couldn’t remember anything or anyone during the day of that accident.

“Wait…hyung…do you happened to remember…Sekyung?”

“N-no…who is she?”

“Good…That girl is not worth remembering anyway.”

Onew said to Key as he gave hyung a confused look. After their visit to Key, they decided to go home since there’s no chance of them to visit Jonghyun. Sekyung wouldn’t let them enter anyway.

“I’m deeply worried…It’s just…Jonghyun and Key are so close, how could he not remember Jjong?”

Onew told Minho. Minho was quite silent while on their way home.

“Maybe…maybe that’s the reason why, hyung.”

Minho explained that because of their deep relationship, sometimes it causes something bad.

“Maybe because of what they or what Key has been through with Jonghyun, that might have some effects to his memory. Maybe those people who he couldn’t remember are those people whom he had bad experiences with, or something like that…”