Chapter 11 Part 2

My Ten Letters To You

 

“Key

         This will be my 5th letter to you. I hope you count my letters. Keke~ You didn’t reply to my letter last time, but oh well. I send these not to ask for your replies but to help you bring back your memories of me, and some other people you might not remember.

To the story I told you last time, about that guy you loved, and the time when he finally fell for you as well. He started to take art classes with you. He started to give gifts and stuff. The usual things that he would do. But this time was quite special. Since he was someone really close to you.  He knew what you would like, the colour pink, clothes, food and more.

He would go with you anywhere, anytime. You were so happy, Kibum. I could see true smiles whenever you’re with him. I felt so happy for you. You finally found someone that will break that spell of yours, no relationships. You were very close to his heart, and that is why it was easy enough for him to know what makes you smile. For instance, you would love gifts, especially with something pink on it. You would treasure it deeply, no matter how simple it may be. But he never did something that you loved the most, which was to give you a love letter, filled with all your favourite stickers. Sometimes, when people write you letters, you would get almost teary. I don’t really know what they wrote, since you never let me see those. You were too scared because you’d think I will laugh at it. Keke~ but I won’t, I’m your bestfriend, and I know that you really treasure everything that God has given you. Well, since you’re about to go out of the hospital, you might as well take into account that you’ll open the gifts that people sent you, I also sent you gifts just today, it’s in your house. When you get home, make sure to open them and tell me if you liked them or not.

                                                                                                      -----JH-----

Key placed the letter back to the envelope. He had this blurry memory about JH and as well as this person that he loved. Key had to study about the two of them well. He was pretty sure that they were connected. But it’s impossible that Onew-hyung wasn’t friends with these two people that he couldn’t remember. He also had other people to ask about JH and that special someone. Taemin and Minho. He can ask someone from school, but he knows that he only shares these kind of private stuff to them.

That day, he went out of his hospital bed. His legs felt a little bit shaky. It was like he was just about to learn how to walk. The nurse aided him to the hospital garden.

“Kibum, I’ll leave you hear, just come back to the room before lunch arasshi?”

“Ne, Ne, Okay noona, kamsahamnida.”

He had his own quiet time. For a while he just sat there, flowing with the cool breeze that the fresh air offers. He suddenly started to find the pieces to the puzzle. The only person, that person whom he had such a blurry memory, could that be JH? Could that be the love of his life? Or could tle they be both? Or are they the same person. Still, he didn't think of it much. He was a bit more focused on relaxing himself. Key was happy to see the outside world after some time and in just a week, he'll be able to come home again and do the things he used to do. Go to school, chat with friends, make artworks and cook for Onew hyung and the others. But then, how will JH send his letters if he gets out of the hospital?

That evening he wrote a reply.