Chapter 9 Part 2

My Ten Letters To You

 

Although he was not sure of what he was writing, Key went on and on until he had finally said the last line.

“Dear JH,

    First off, I don’t really know what to say. Although, there’s so many things jumbling up in my mind right now and I can’t seem to fix it. These letters that you sent are beautiful. Pretty much, you know almost everything about me. Things I used to do, people I know and the places I go to. But, it’s sad that I don’t know you. At all. Do you know that strange feeling when you feel so close and comfortable with the person yet, you don’t know his name or how he looks like? That is what I’m feeling right now about you. I’m sorry, if I can’t remember you. No one has told me who you are. Sometimes I’m thinking this is maybe some joke that some of my or ‘our’ schoolmates have done just to keep me positive and stuff. Then again, I don’t think anyone would do that, since I’m stuck here, while they’re out there having fun. Keke~ You told me that you were my best friend. And you probably are. You’re almost like a stalker perhaps. But in your second letter, I’m a little more convinced that you ARE my best friend. I didn’t know that Amber liked me. And those girls, well…they’re just good friends. I don’t take relationships seriously, as I have remembered. There’s something missing though. Whenever I try to practice and retrace my memory, there’s something really missing. Someone who’s there but I can’t remember his name, how he looks like how his voice sounds like. Maybe its you. I need to practice more, so that I won’t call you JH anymore. I hope you’ll send a reply. Since you know my favourite colors and that I love stickers, please send your reply like your letters. I’ll be looking forward to it. Jannyeong.

-Key **

Key carefully folded the paper and inserted it to the purple envelope he prepared. He then put some stickers and put it on the table right next to his bed.

Quickly, Key fell asleep. On the other room, Jonghyun was just starting to write his third letter for Kibum.

Key,

        Did you have fun today? Onew hyung told me how jolly you were earlier. He said you had the smile that they’ve been waiting for since the accident. I wish I saw you’re pretty smiles.  Aah, it’s like you’re back to school huh? Noisy people. Yeosob had a really loud voice. He was almost going crazy. But oh well, at least you felt school again.

     Speaking about NOISY, did you know you’re one of the noisiest at the same time one of the quietest people in school? Well, rather, did you remember? May be not, so I’ll start of by saying that you love to be noisy but you hate other people making noise. That’s one of the unique characteristics you have. And you had a lot of connections. Those people who went to your room were just half of those friends of yours. You can’t even count them anymore.

   On the different side, we were getting a lot closer each year. Sometimes, I’d even sleep in your dorm [when I’m drunk, I still here your nagging keke~]. The next morning you would throw two pillows at me. There was only one time you got drunk, and that was a Friday night (thank God) You stood at tables, and danced crazily, although it was really good. Then I took you to your dorm. Onew hyung was really sleepy that time, he couldn’t even attend to you. So I offered to carry you to your bedroom. I was really close to knowing who your ‘special someone’ was at that time. But then you burped at me, it was really aweful and you went to sleep. So I went straight home. The next day, Onew hyung blamed me for you being drunk. Keke~

   You pretty much a party animal, but you didn’t like parties that much. It was weird. Maybe because something bad would unleash, like that one of you being drunk. I never learned my lesson, so I kept dragging you to more parties, but then Onew hyung would call and get you home before the last hour of the party. Aah, those were the days, Kibum. I hope that soon enough you’ll be well again, so I can drag you to more parties. J

                                                                                                                                                --JH—

Jonghyun quickly sealed the envelope. He went on a quicker pace to get to Key’s room. Maybe Sekyung would be back sooner or later. He jumped from his bed, the blankets fell as he speedily left the room with silence. He then slowly opened Key’s door. ‘Sound asleep’. As he was approaching to Key’s bed, he found a letter on the end table. It read ‘To JH’. Jonghyun was surprised. ‘ omo….could he…could he remember me now?’ Jonghyun was eager to open the envelope. But he thought that Sekyung may be on her way back, so he placed his letter carefully beside Key’s hand. He left the room. And to astonishment, Sekyung didn’t return. ‘Good’ he thought, after reading Sekyung’s text saying she’ll be visiting again tomorrow. This was the chance to read Key’s letter.