Chapter 12 Part 1

My Ten Letters To You

 

Jonghyun was preparing himself to meet up with some friends that he didn’t see for quite a while. He got dressed, quickly left his room and went to the car. After two hours, Minho picked him up as they went back to their apartment.

“Yah, hyung.”

“What…”

“You and Key, what about you two, aren’t you gonna visit him?”

“Now’s not a perfect time Minho, I’ll wait til he gets out of the hospital.”

Minho didn’t reply. He didn’t want to get into it much. He’d know if his friends don’t want to talk about things at times. Jonghyun seemed off so he didn’t continue asking questions.

They arrived at the apartment, and Taemin was already there.

“Hyungs, I’m excited for Key hyung’s homecoming..”

Taemin waited for a reply, but the two went straight inside. After they sat down on the couch, Minho finally answered Taemin.

“Yeah, we all are. I can’t wait to see him as well. It’s been a long time.”

“Does everyone in school know?” Jonghyun asked.

“No, hyung. Let’s not tell.” Taemin answered.

Silently, Jonghyun went to his room and took rest. Minho and Taemin were left in the living room. The two chatted a bit. But then Minho  mentioned about how blank Jonghyun was that day.

“Yeah, hyung. I noticed. By the way, where’s the unlikable noona?”

“That’s probably the thing he’s been worried about these past few day----“

A loud knock was heard from the gate of the apartment. Minho looked through the window. And there she was, more vicious than ever. Sekyung had not been aware of Jonghyun leaving the hospital. After weeks, she finally came to their apartment, thanks to some people in school. Sekyung did not have any idea where Jonghyun lived.

“YAH!”

Sekyung saw Minho peeking from the window.

“Oh, man. Speaking of the devil. Here she is.”

“Hyung, what do we do?”

“Well, nothing, except let her in.”

“Hyung…”

“I’ll handle her, go to Jonghyun hyung and tell him.”

Minho opened the door and Sekyung came rushing in.

“Where’s Jonghyun?”

“…..”

“Don’t just shut up and stand here, where is he?”

“Can YOU shut your mouth and sit down, nooooona?”

Minho went impatient with her. Without another word she sat down on the couch. There was a long term of silence that caught between Minho and Sekyung. Minho looked slightly annoyed by her presence, and since she can’t stand his look, she started to talk again.

“You could’ve told me that Jonghyun was out of the hospital already.”

“Why would I tell you, why would we tell you?”

“What a gentleman. And people said you were kind and thoughtful.”

“At least for them I am, but for people who disrespect me and my friends, no.”

“….”

Taemin went downstairs and found Sekyung staring at him. He gave her a sort of angry look. He grabbed a drink and sat with Minho.

“I’m guessing that Jonghyun is upstairs.”

Sekyung said.

“…” The two didn’t reply. Jonghyun came down and sat down as well.

“What are you doing here?” Jonghyun asked Sekyung. She looked confused.

“ I came to know if you’re here or not. You didn’t tell me a thing.” She said in a calm tone.

Taemin can’t help but giggle. Minho tapped him to stop. But he can’t help it. Jonghyun signalled Minho for the two of them to go upstairs.

“Okay hyung, Taemin-ah…” Minho said.

“Pffffffft….” Taemin grinned at Minho.

Jonghyun didn’t say a word. Sekyung continued to stare at him.

“Yeobo, what’s wrong?”

“…”

“Well? What?”

“It’s…well…Uh-I, I can’t continue this anymore.” Jonghyun said. He kept looking down, he didn’t give one glance to Sekyung.

“…So…this is how you want to end it? Sekyung asked, while getting teary. She started to wipe her tears. Jonghyun’s head still down, and replied.

“When did it start?”

“You started this, remember? When we met, that’s how it started.”

“I’m sorry if I got you into this, but Sekyung, you know well, that…”

“That what…”

“That I…don’t…love…you…”

“But I did.”

Sekyung stood up and left. Jonghyun was looking down. A short conversation had to end it between him and Sekyung. Minho went down. He noticed that Sekyung was gone.

“What happened, Hyung?”

“She’s gone.”

“Oh good.” Taemin replied.

A car parked in front of their apartment and it was Onew and Key’s. He looked at the rear end of the street and saw Sekyung, crying and called a taxi. He entered the apartment, the three of them were there.

“Soooo, I’m guessing that…you two are-” Onew asked.

“Through.” Minho said.

“But then sooner and later she’d be-“ Onew continued.

“back.” Taemin replied.

“She’ll be making a big-“ Onew said.

“Scene.” Minho replied.

“Again.” Jonghyun said.

Onew looked through the kitchen and there was no food. He called for delivery. A sign that Onew hyung would be here for the night. Jonghyun went back to his room, but he left the door open.

“Jjong?” Onew said as he tilted the door.

“Hyung?” Jonghyun noticed he was carrying an envelope. Key had replied.

“He replied…” Jonghyun said while smiling. Onew gave him the envelope.

“Read it, I’ll be down stairs.”

Jonghyun opened the envelope and there was a drawing on a small paper. A smiley face and under it, JH합니다. “to JH” he read. He opened the letter and started reading.

“JH,

   I’ve been putting the pieces to the puzzle lately, about who you are. I remember you, but…it’s too blurry. It seems that you’re the only person left. You’re the last piece to the puzzle. But, who was this guy I fell in love with? I can’t remember him. All I can remember is you, but I don’t remember your name, and how you look like. You were with me all the time. The last time, about two weeks ago, I had a dream. I was crying, and someone was there with me. I pushed him away. Then he kept saying sorry. That was the end, I woke up. There may be a reason why I can’t forget this dream. Could it be you, who was with me? I really want to know. People aren’t giving me straight answers. And, why won’t you show your face to me? Show me who you are. I want to know who you are----“

The letter was cut short, Jonghyun noticed drops on the letter. Was Key crying? He wanted to know who Jonghyun was. Jonghyun then started to think that Key was starting to remember everything that happened before he was taken to the hospital. Jonghyun started to cry as well. He started to write.