Chapter 5 Part 2

My Ten Letters To You

 

It was the week after the party and it was a normal school day again. But this time, there was no usual routine for Onew and Key. Onew knocked ten times at Key’s door because it was locked.

“Kibum, kenchana? Kibum!”

“…..”

Key didn’t answer. Onew then remembered the party, ever since that night, Key was awkwardly silent and never goes out of his room for fun. He kept thinking what had happened. Then he remembered Jonghyun being in the theatre that night. His theory might be just right, but once again Onew keeps this secret from Key.

“A-are you going to school dongsaeng?”

“I don’t know…”

Onew heard the answer from Key. It sounded like he was crying. He then demanded Key to open the door.

“Kibum, tell me..what happened to you? Is it about…”

“Yes…”

Key then told Onew about the incident that night. Onew was silent as if he never knew anything. He hugged Key tightly and held his hand. He then pulled Key towards the car as they drove off to school.

“Key hyung is acting weird…”

“Maybe he found out about the two already.”

Minho and Taemin were walking together secretly holding hands when Onew suddenly approached them by the back.

“You guys should try harder keeping those hands…it’s obvious.”

Onew gave them a little smirk. Minho asked about Key. Onew told the whole story to the two in the cafeteria.

“Look whose coming.”

Minho’s eyes were pointing to Jonghyun. Jonghyun was nearly approaching and the three went silent. Jonghyun sat beside Taemin and the maknae gave him a little smile.

“ Sorry if I haven’t been hanging out with you guys too much…”

“Cause you were busy with your theatre classes?”

Minho angrily said to Jonghyun. Onew signalled Minho to control his anger. Onew then looked at Jonghyun who was quite shocked to see Minho upset with him.

“Jonghyun, we know about Sekyung…and Key knows about her already. During the party, you kissed her, and Key saw the whole thing.”

Jonghyun was silent. He never thought that his love affair with Sekyung would be caught by the ones he tries to avoid revealing it to. Especially Key. After hearing that from Onew, he turned away and walked fast.

It was night time, and Jonghyun was alone the whole day. He looked for Key everywhere, but there was no sign of him. He walked and walked until he could see someone going his way. It was Key, face down and walking quite fast. Key accidentally bumped Jonghyun and as he stood up, Jonghyun held his arms tightly as he was about to run away from him.

“Key, Key look at me please…”

Tears fell from both of them. Key couldn’t look at Jonghyun. He was still escaping Jonghyun’s grip but his legs started to feel shaky.

“Key, I’m sorry…I’m so sorry………”

Key pushed Jonghyun to the side walk as he pushed himself away to the road.

“Don’t touch me….Don’t t—touch me….”

Key finally looked at Jonghyun’s eyes. He saw guilt.

“ Kibum, I’m sorry. Please, Please---“

A car was rapidly approaching Key. Jonghyun’s eyes widened and told key to get out of the area where he was standing on.

“Key, you’ll get hit!”

“One more step and I will kill myself…”

“N-No Key!”

Jonghyun ran to Key as he will try to push him away from the fast vehicle. But it was a sudden clash. They were both hit by the car. Key’s head was slammed to the windshield and Jonghyun was hit in the hip by the bumper. Jonghyun was lying on the cement; Key was severely damaged as he was lying next to Jonghyun. Key was bathing on his own blood while Jonghyun had several cuts from his head to his legs. Their fingers touched as they lie to the ground.

 

END OF FLASHBACK~