Chapter 14 Part 2

My Ten Letters To You

"Jonghyun hyung came to your house?" Minho asked.

They were in the school cafeteria. It was silent than usual.

"Yeah, I was shocked too." Onew said.

"Then..what happened?" Taemin asked. He starts to unpack his things on the table and putting them back in order.

"Well, he was there, talking to me asking me if Key was alright...when." Onew said.

"When what?" Minho continued.

"What hyung? WHAT?" Taemin asked eagerly.

"Jonghyun was about to leave then Key woke up and went downstairs and saw Jonghyun." Onew said.\

"Wh---" Minho stuttered.

"Jonghyun's back." Onew finished his sentence.

Taemin and Minho took relief. Just around the corner, some people are already talking about Key's come back to school the next day. They were preparing something for him, and the three did not know it. Onew felt that they had to know, since they were his closest friends. Nicole, Sunny and Amber were hand-in-hand helping out with other people in Key's art class.

"Amber-sshi, what's all this?" Onew asked Amber, she didn't face Onew until she was done with the stickers.

"Oppa, this is for Key-Oppa, for his surprise." Amber said.

Onew started looking around and they saw all the banners and the planning committee was there to help. Everyone was sincerely preparing and all these made Onew teary-eyed.

"Oh, hyung...are you alright?" Taemin asked while tapping Onew's back.

"Y-yeah." Onew said.

"Hyung, don't cry...I can prepare a surprise for you too!" Jonghyun said from Onew's back.

"Jjong! You prepared all this?" Onew asked.

"Yeah, well I had to." Jonghyun said.

Jonghyun handed out a letter. It was plainly pink and just had Key's name on it. 

"This is the last one hyung, and you're free from heart-attacks." Jonghyun said.

He left the cafeteria and told Taemin and Minho that he had to go to his Music class. Onew stared at the envelope. How will he be able to give the letter to Key, secretly? Maybe it's the last letter, but somehow Onew feels that Jonghyun has one more that he'll personally give.

Onew reached home and Key was waiting for him in the dining area. It was almost seven in the evening. 

"Hyung, you're home!" 

Onew then thought that maybe he'll be able to insert the letter into Key's bag at about 4:00 AM in the morning, just so he couldn't notice and he wouldn't ask questions. 

He hid the letter in his own bag first.

"Thanks for preparing dinner, Key-ah." Onew said.

"Well, you're welcome...hyung....I always make dinner." Key answered.

They've done their usual routines after eating, and they both went to bed. Before Onew slept, he set his alarm at exactly 4:00 AM just to sneak the letter in (this better be the last one Jonghyun).

The alarm kept ringing and finally, Onew got up and quickly snagged the letter from his own backpack. He slowly and gently opened the door to Key's room. Onew slipped the letter to one of Key's books.