Chapter 12 Part 2

My Ten Letters To You

 

Jonghyun kept crying the whole time he was writing. Jonghyun sealed the envelope and put a heart sticker on it. He gave it to Onew and drove to the hospital.

Key woke up, with another letter. What could have JH said after he saw the letter. Key didn’t know why he kept crying as he wrote the letter. Maybe really wanted to know who he was. There was this strange feeling about him. Did Key love him so much?

"Dear Kibum,

   Everyday I always think of what you're doing, maybe you're thinking about the letters...about me. I want to see you too Key, it's just that I can't. You'll know why, when you start to remember what happened between us. 

I don't want you to be sad because of these letters, I just want to let you know that you once had a best friend who was always there for you. But things changed when I became more than that. I don't have anything to say after this letter you gave me.  I hope that when I see you, you'll smile and say hi.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             -----JH------

The letter was short but Key's tears were flowing. He closed the envelope. Now he knew, that his best friend was the one he loved. He didn't know what to write back, and he decided not to.

That morning, Onew was on his way to the hospital to visit Key. He had snacks with him. On his way to the room, the nurse reminded him that in less than a week, Key can go out of the hospital.

"Come in." Key said, Onew knocked to make sure he was already awake.

"Key, how are you....are you Ok? Did you cry?" Onew asked. Key's eyes were small, and it looked like it was rubbed.

"Yes, hyung. I don't know...I was confused but then now, I know that my best friend and that person I loved....they're the same. no wonder...no wonder I always think about him, his letters make me cry. Sometimes I don't even know why I'm crying. Maybe...m-m-maybe because....I don't remember how he looks like. I just keep dreaming about him with a blurry image."

Onew rubbed Key's back and hugged him. 

"Key-ah, I'm sorry...I'm sorry if this is confusing you, but you'll have to wait. I know why you're crying..." Onew said.

Key looked at him for a while. 

"Hyung, what happened...w-what happened before the accident." He asked Onew.

"Key, I wasn't there...It may be better if that person who writes you letters will tell you personally...Anyhow the nurse told me you'll be out in less than a week." Onew said.

"...." 

Key didn't answer. Onew showed him the snacks that he brought for Key. They opened each one and shared it. After a long while, Onew bid goodbye to Key.  

Now, it's not confusing at all. Onew knows well about it. But Key couldn't convince him to tell things. Maybe it will hurt him.  After a few days, He recieved a letter, the day when he was finally going home. It had JH on it.