Chapter 3 Part 2

My Ten Letters To You

 

It was another school year, and the school had new students to welcome. All students were required to attend the welcoming party.

The organizer was Nicole and she kept asking Key to be her assistant but Key really doesn’t want to.

“Aniyo, Nicole. I’m too…Busy!”

“BUSY!? Don’t fool me Kibum, school just started.”

Key was left with no excuse and he agreed to be Nicole’s assistant. Jessica and Yuna were passing the flyers to students passing by the student council. Kibum hates being part of the student council. But he always became a part of it. One time, he was even elected as the vice president, everyone knew he had the potential and he would win, but he declined it. He always thought that politics would end his freedom.

The night started and so did the Welcoming party. It was a time to meet new students and find new friends. The students have always had a great time at this party. The boys dominated the dance floor, as usual and the girls were busy entertaining the special guests.

Jessica pinched Jonghyun and he glared a little at her.

“I want you to meet my new friend, Sekyung.”

Jonghyun smiled at her and they shook hands.

“Sekyung, this is Jonghyun, he’s a really good singer.”

“Oh, really? I would want to hear you sing sometime.”

“Well,I always sing on my way to class or if I’m bored.”

They went to a table and they chatted for quite a while. Key was a little busy, thanks to Nicole, Minho was with Mir and Yunho, Onew was dominating the buffet and Taemin was dancing all night long. They didn’t notice that Jonghyun was starting to flirt around with a new girl. Onew looked for a table to eat and he bumped into the both of them. He then asked Jonghyun to sit with them and the two agreed.

“Hyung, she’s Sekyung, a new student.”

Onew smiled at her, but at the back of his mind he was starting to get worried for Key. He had this strange feeling that Jonghyun would date this girl instantly. She was beautiful, confident and she was quite chatty. All qualities that Jonghyun would love. Onew kept quiet as the two of them chatted all night long. He was observing them and as time pass, he got more worried. It was as if Jonghyun had never met a girl before.
Key was finally done with the tasks Nicole asked him to do. He looked for his friends and he saw Taemin and Minho busy with others, so he looked for the other two. Onew was done with his meal and he stood up quietly. Jonghyun didn’t even notice him leaving the table. He was busy chatting with Sekyung.

Onew saw Key and knew that he was looking for them. Onew ran to Key, so that he wouldn’t see Jonghyun flirting with someone else. He approached Key with a quite fake smile and he entertained Key all night.

“By the way Hyung, did you see Jonghyun? I called him twice and he wouldn’t answer.”

“Oh, maybe he went home early. Slept early as well, try calling him tomorrow; he’ll answer that for sure.”

Onew was refusing to tell Key about Sekyung. Maybe his observation was wrong, maybe Jonghyun was just looking for another friend. But if he was only looking for a new friend, he would’ve introduced her to Key. Key and that new friend would’ve chatted as well. Jonghyun usually introduces his friends to Key before anyone else in the group. Why didn’t he?