Chapter 39

Lethal Love

Bosco and Joe met up with Ron at the entrance of St. Mary's hospital. The three stormed past the uniformed officer who stood guard outside the door to the room where their latest victim was in. As they walked in, the doctor waved his hand for them to follow him out.

Joe took out his badge, "I'm Dectective Joe Ma. How is she?"

The doctor look at his clipboard. "She's unconscious right now. We were able to drain out the toxin in her blood system but still, we're not 100% sure that we got it all out."

Ron looked in at the female patient and asked, "When will she wake up?"

The doctor shook his head, "I don't know. It could be hours, days or maybe never."

"What happened to her?" Joe asked doctor.

"The toxin is very deadly. If she wasn't found any sooner she would had died from it. Luckily someone found her in time. Although we were able to get the toxin out, the damage has been done. Right now, all we can do is pray that she has the will power to fight through it."

Bosco asked, "What are the chances of her waking up?"

"I really can't say. Its 50/50." The doctor's beeper vibrated and he looked down. "Excuse me, but I have another patient to tend to. If you have any further questions, you can call me or have them page me."

When the doctor left, Joe turned to the other two men. "Ron, I want you to get all the details from the person who found her." He then turned to Bosco, "Find out where Kevin Cheng was tonight. He is still our only suspect. Call Selena and ask her to run a background check on our patient."

"Yes Sir!" Bosco and Ron said before they left to follow Joe's instructions.

===========================================================

Myolie arrived home moments after Jessica did. They both return to their respective rooms to change into something more comfortable before meeting up in the living room to discuss the events of the day.

"So now Charmaine and Raymond sort of broken up," Myolie finished as she looked at Jessica.

"Wow, I guess that's why Charmaine was acting the way she did when I last saw her." Jessica saw the questioning in Myolie's face and explained, "She is very insecure about Raymond's love for her."

"Well we all know that. You should have seen her face when Linda came out of Raymond's bedroom. I thought she was going to faint."

"We have to tell her that Linda set the entire thing up," Jessica said.

"I told Raymond that I was going to do that but Raymond told me not to."

Now it was Jessica's turn to look questioningly at Myolie, "Why not?"

Myolie shrugged, "He said that Charmaine lacks trust in him. Even if she believed him this time, it doesn't mean that she will trust him from now on."

Jessica sat forward urgently and asked, "So he's giving up on her and letting it end like this?"

Myolie rubbed her forehead, "I guess so." She then turned to Jessica, "But I know its killing him. I've never seen him look so upset. I really want to help them get back together."

Jessica picked up her phone, "I'm calling Charmaine right now. We'll tell her the truth and then let her decide what she wants to do."

Myolie nodded in agreement.