Chapter 50

Lethal Love

The organ was playing the wedding march as Jessica came into view. All eyes were upon her as she happily yet nervously made her way down the aisle. Joe stood in the front, admiring his beautiful bride. Ron was besides him, holding tightly onto the little box which held the wedding rings.

Charmaine looked at her best friend with love. Jessica was overjoyed that Charmaine will be remaining behind and even more so that the reason was because of Raymond. She looked on as Jessica came upon them. When Jessica arrived next to Joe, Charmaine took her seat in the front pew where Raymond was waiting.

"Isn't Jessica the most beautiful bride in the world," she asked softly to Raymond when the exchange of vows between the bride and groom were taking place.

Raymond shrugged his shoulders, "Jessica is indeed a beautiful bride but not the most beautiful one."

Charmaine looked at Raymond, "How could you say that? She's your friend too!"

Raymond laughed quietly then turned to look intently at her, "You're going to be the most beautiful bride in the world."

Charmaine laughed also and gave him a small peck on the lips before turning her attention back to the ceremony.

"Does that mean a yes?" he asked anxiously, trying to maintain a low voice.

Charmaine turned back to look at him and slyly asked in return, "What do you think?"

Staring deeply into her eyes, Raymond said, "I think I'm the luckiest man in the world." The two continued to look at each other as the bride and groom waltz out of the church hand in hand, along with the guests.