Chapter 8

Lethal Love

Myolie walked into the police station stopping to greet a few acquaintances. She was in the area and wanted to see if Joe was available for lunch. She entered the large conference room which connects to Joe's office. There was no one about but she heard voices coming from Joe's office. Good, she thought, as she walked directly in.
To her surprise, Bosco was in there with Joe. "Hi."

Bosco was also surprised but pleased at seeing Myolie again. "Hi Myolie."

She looked at Bosco with a bright smile. "I didn't know that you were a cop."

Feeling the heat rise to his cheeks, Bosco looked to the floor. "Well there are alot of things that you don't know about me."

Joe returned to his chair, closing all the files on his desk. His question was directed at Myolie, "Are you here to take me out to dinner?"

Myolie gave Joe an affectionate smile. "Of course. Why else would I be here?"

Bosco's smile faded upon hearing that. With bowed head, he turned to leave, "If there's nothing else, I'll leave."

Seeing the disappointment on Bosco's face, Joe immediately guessed the cause of it and decided to do a little matchmaking himself. "Bosco, why don't you join us?"

Myolie came forward and placed her hand on Bosco's arm. "Yes. Join us."

Bosco stared at her hand on his arm and flushed. "I don't want to intrude on your date."

"Date?" Myolie stared at him perplexed. "With Joe?" When she saw his nod she laughed out uncontrolleably. "Joe is my god brother!" She covered and continued to laugh enjoying the embarassment that is evident on Bosco's face.

Bosco was not hurt that she was laughing at him. Instead he was overjoyed. This would mean that he had a chance with her. "Then in that case, I would love to join you guys for dinner."

===========================================================

Jessica was in the kitchen of her apartment peeling potatoes while Charmaine marinated the rib eye steaks. Myolie had called and said that she'll be bringing home two friends for dinner and that Jessica knew them.

Charmaine took out some tomatoes and began dicing them for the salad. "So who are the friends that Myolie will be bringing home? Would I happen to know them too?"

Jessica smiled. "I don't even know myself. Knowing Myolie its probably a prank and that she would be coming home alone."

"Then why are we preparing so much food?!" Charmaine stopped her dicing and lifted an eyebrow at Jessica.

Jessica put the peeled potatoes onto a tray and stucked it in the pre-heated oven. "Because... it won't hurt to be prepared just in case she wasn't lying."

Charmaine laughed and stucked a chuck of tomato into . "You guys are too much."

The sound of a door closing alerted the women that Myolie was home. Jessica walked out of the kitchen carrying a basket of fresh rolls. Myolie was chatting happily with Joe and Bosco, as she showed them around their apartment.

"Jessica!" Myolie grabbed Jessica's hand and pulled her forward in front of the guests. "You remember Joe and Bosco, don't you? You guys are working on the rooftop body case."

Jessica smiled at the two. "Of course," she looked at Joe. "Its great to finally have met you. Myolie thinks very highly of you." She then turned to Bosco, "And you, also a pleasure."

Myolie saw Charmaine walk out of the kitchen carrying plates and utensils. "Charmaine, let me introduce you to my friends."

Putting down the plates, she hurried over to the crowd and waited for Myolie to begin. "Guys, this is Charmaine Seh, a very close friend of Jessica's. Charmaine, this is Joe Ma and Bosco Wong."

"Nice to meet you both." Charmaine shook each of their hands.

Joe looked at Charmaine with a frown. "Your name is Charmaine Seh?"

Puzzled by Joe's frown, Charmaine looked at him with wonderment and answered, "Yes."

"I'm Joe Ma from the police station. I believe one of my men have been trying to contact you for questioning regarding the death of Michelle Yip."

Shocked, Charmaine whispered, "Michelle Yip is dead?"

"Yes. We were given your name by the sisters at the orphanage where the both of you grew up in."

Still shocked by the news, Charmaine asked shakily, "What can I help you with?"

Seeing the sadness in Charmaine's eyes, and not wanting to ruin the evening any further, Joe thought it best to drop the subject for the night. "Can you find some time to come by the station for some questions?" When she nodded, Joe continued, "When you get to the station ask for Ron Ng. He's my partner."

"I will. Thanks for giving me the news."

Joe smiled apologetically at her, "I'm sorry for giving you the news like this and for ruining the evening."

Charmaine returned his smile. "Don't worry about it." She turned her head towards the kitchen. "Let's forget about the subject for now. Jessica and I spent a long time preparing dinner and we have yet to even finish cooking it!"

Jessica laughed and walked with Charmaine back into the kitchen while Myolie remained with the men.