Chapter 44

Lethal Love

Charmaine awoke with a smile on her face. She turned her head to look over at Raymond, who was still asleep. Pushing back the covers she slid her feet to the floor and was about to get up when Raymond's arm snuck out and grabbed her around the waist causing her to fall back onto the bed. Looking up at his handsome face she shrilled, "You scared me!"

With one arm still thrown across her waist, he rested his head on his free hand as he looked down at her. "Where do you think you're going?"

"Back to my apartment to shower and change and then come back here to make you breakfast. Is that all right with you?" she asked with mock sweetness.

"Breakfast is the last thing on my mind," he whispered huskily as he bent his head and kissed her hungrily on the mouth.

Charmaine broke away from his kiss and giggled, "Get up and shower. I'll be back soon."

Unrelenting, Raymond continued to hold her hostage and suggested, "Let's stay in bed for a few more minutes."

Giving in, Charmaine snuggled against him. With a finger she began drawing circles along his arm, enjoying the warmth of his body. Raymond wrapped his arms around her, not wanting to ever get up. Suddenly Charmaine sat upright and looked at Raymond with wide eyes. Seeing her expression, Raymond quickly asked, "What's wrong?"

"Do you think your aunt will sell the apartment back to me?" she asked urgently.

Confused and at the same time relieved, Raymond looked at her, "Why?"

"Because I won't be going to London anymore," she exclaimed giving him a look of disapproval for being so dense.

"I know that. But my aunt has already signed a lease with the new tenants, whom by the way, are moving in on Sunday," he said, as he continued to watch at her.

Upset at the propect of having to look for a new place in just a few short days, Charmaine started to get up and moaned, "I'm going downstairs to pick up the paper and start looking for rentals."

Raymond snatched her hand and pulled her back down to sit on the bed. Staring at her he started, "I know of a place where you can live. Its quite big and exceptionally well kept. The rent is low plus it'll include lots of home cooked meals. The only setback is that you'll have to help with the housework."

Charmaine looked at him warily and asked, "Where is this place? Please don't tell me your aunt's."

Raymond laughed and then turned serious, "No." He lifted his hand to cradle her face and gently said, "Live with me."

Charmaine was astonished by his proposal and turned questioning eyes on him, "You want me to move in with you?"

With his thumbs, Raymond faintly her lips, "Yes, I do. I don't ever want to be apart from you again."

Charmaine felt herself being pulled in by the depth of his vivid eyes. She kissed the tips of his thumbs and bowed her head in agreement. Raymond was overjoyed and he showed her how happy he was by locking his lips with hers in another passionate kiss. Only this time the kiss was more meaningful.

===========================================================

Bosco wandered aimlessly down the street, not having a set destination. He had tried twice to get an image of the killer and each time he wasn't able to get a clear look. With frustration, he roughly ran his hand through his unkept hair. He didn't sleep last night, having spent the entire night roaming the streets. His phone rang. Looking at the caller ID he couldn't help but smile, "Hi Myolie."

Myolie was standing across the street from where Bosco stood, only he didn't see her. She had saw him a few blocks away but from the look on his face, she knew that he was bothered by something. Not wanting to disturb him, she followed him just to make sure that he was ok. "What are you doing now?"

Bosco smiled into the phone and said, "Nothing much. I'm just walking around the streets."

Myolie bit back a giggle, "Mind if I join you?"

"Sure. Where are you now?"

Myolie took a few steps and came into his direct line of view, "Look up," she instructed. The moment he did, she quickly ended their call. She ran towards him with her usual bright smile.

Giving her a quick hug, he said, "You're a sight for sore eyes."

Myolie looked up at him, all traces of humor gone from her face, "What's wrong?"

Taking her hand, they slowly walked, "Its the case. I'm so close to the killer only I-I... Damn!"

Myolie stopped walking, "Sometimes if you think about something too much, it'll lead nowhere. Relax a bit and I'm sure things will start sinking in."

Pulling her hand up to plant a kiss on her knuckles, Bosco said, "You're right. Where are you headed?"

"I was planning to drop breakfast off to Joe at home. Jessica didn't come home last night," she added as if that meant anything to Bosco.

Bosco smiled tigerishly at Myolie, "I'll come along just for fun."