Chapter 25

Lethal Love

Raymond and Bosco entered the pub and sat at the bar.

"So what happened with Linda?" Bosco asked directly.

Picking up a few nuts from a bowl, Raymond popped it in his mouth. "Why the questions?"

Bosco gulped down half his bottle of beer, "Why did she leave your office crying?"

"That Myolie!" Raymond fumed glaring at Bosco.

"Hey, don't be mad at her!" Bosco ordered them two more beers. "Now are you going to tell me or not?"

"Not!" Raymond answered quietly as he looked straight ahead.

Bosco persisted, "Tell me... Did you guys break up? Did she find out about all the other women?"

Unable to bear Bosco's nagging any longer, Raymond finally said, "I broke up with her."

Bosco rubbed his forehead with confusion, "Why?"

"Because I don't love her."

Bosco scoffed, "You never loved any of the women you dated. So why does it matter now?"

Instead of answering, Raymond turned away from him focusing on the game which was being aired in the pub.

"There's another woman isn't there?" Bosco accused as he watched Raymond's reaction.

Raymond did not deny it. In fact, he didn't say a word. He just gave Bosco a wide smile.

Shaking his head, Bosco said, "I knew it. So are you going to tell me who she is?"

Still smiling Raymond said, "Not yet. When the time comes I will."

"It sounds serious this time," Bosco stated.

Putting an arm around Bosco's shoulders, Raymond firmly said, "I am."

===========================================================

Jessica and Joe were in her apartment lying on the couch watching tv. Myolie came home and dropped her keys into the basket by the door. If she was shock at their intimacy, she didn't show it. Casually she asked, "What are you guys watching?"

Jessica snuggled closer against Joe, "Nothing. Just an old movie."

Joe pulled his feet off the end of the sofa to give room for Myolie, "why don't you join us?"

"I'll pass," Myolie walked into her room shutting the door quietly. When Jessica heard the click of Myolie's door she turned to Joe, "I think Bosco likes her."

Feigning innocence, Joe looked at her with wide eyes, "No?"

Picking up a nearby pillow, she slumped Joe with it. "You know don't you?"

Laughing hysterically, Joe said, "Its obvious. Don't tell me you didn't see the sparks flying between them."

Jessica muffled a laugh, "I'm not a pro at that like you are."

Seeing the sweet smile on her lips, Joe could not help but place a soft kiss there. When Joe pulled away, she asked, "What was that for?"

Hugging her tightly to him, Joe said, "Because I love you."

===========================================================

Charmaine got off the elevator and walked to her apartment. She unlocked her door and was about to go in when Raymond's door opened. Expecting to see Raymond, she turned around with a smile.

Linda walked out of Raymond's apartment and smiled at Charmaine. "Hi. You must be our neighbor."

Charmaine had no idea who she was and looked at Linda suspiciously. "You are?"

"I'm you new neighbor!" Linda said brightly. She had gotten Raymond's housekey from his aunt. As suspected, Raymond did not mention the breakup with his aunt, which worked out for Linda.

Charmaine was confused, "Raymond Lam lives here."

Linda giggled, "Oh you met my boyfriend already. That's great." She locked the apartment door and pocket the key. "I'm sorry but I must get going now. Why don't you come over and have dinner with us one night?"

Charmaine could feel the sudden stab of pain in her heart. With a friendly smile that she did not feel, she quietly said, "Sure," then quickly went into her own apartment before Linda could see the tears well up in her eyes.

After seeing the sadness in Charmaine's face, Linda hurried downstairs to return the key to Mrs. Chan. "Thank you again. I'll remember to bring my own key the next time" she lied.