Chapter 24

Lethal Love

Charmaine left the building of her office and found Raymond standing idly waiting for her. "What are you doing here?" she asked. "Aren't we suppose to meet back in my apartment."

Raymond took her hand in his and gave her a sweet smile. "I thought we would shop for some groceries and then go home and cook."

Laughing Charmaine asked, "You're going to cook again?"

Raymond continued to walk but gave her a brief glance and countered, "What's wrong with my cooking?"

"Actually its rather good. I'm just surprised that you would want to cook again."

Putting an arm around her and giving her shoulder a squeeze, he said, "I find it fun. Besides, its healthier than eating out."

Charmaine smiled slyly at him. "I'll leave all the cooking to you from now on," she teased, obliviously to how those words affected Raymond.

Raymond stopped walking and turned fully around to face her. With a tigerish smile, he asked, "Will you be doing all the housework then?"

Charmaine knew that the question went deeper than just housework. He was asking for some sort of commitment from her. In that instant, she knew that she wanted to spend her life with him. In an overly dramatic tone and trying hard to hold back her laughter, she answered, "If I must just to even things out."

Raymond laughed and pinched her nose. "Then we have a deal." After a pause, he asked, "Should we draw up a contract to make it legal. That way there's no backing out of it."

Charmaine smiled fondly at him. "Sure. I'll draw one up while you make dinner."

Raymond laughed out loud as they continued to walk hand in hand down the street, unaware that Linda was nearby spying on them.

===========================================================

Myolie slapped Bosco on the shoulder causing him to jump. "Haha.. got you back."

Bosco smiled with relief at seeing her. "Its embarassing that you were able to sneak up on me."

"Well I wanted to get even for last time," Myolie chuckled.

Pulling out a chair for her, Bosco asked, "How was your day?"

Myolie took off her coat, "It was ok. Not too busy." She waited for the waiter to come and take their orders before asking, "Is Linda Raymond's girlfriend?"

Bosco saw the spark of interest in Myolie's face and snickered, "Women are so nosy."

Myolie punched him in the arm and bitterly said, "The reason I'm asking is because she came to the office today and left crying."

This caught Bosco's attention. "Really?" He mentally made a note to himself to call Raymond after his dinner with Myolie. "Do you know what happened?"

Turning away from Bosco, Myolie coolly said, "Why do you want to know? Stop being so nosy!"

"Not only are women nosy, they also have a short fuse," Bosco said in a superior voice. After seeing the stern look on her face, he quickly amended, "I was only joking!"

Myolie giggled, "I know. I was just playing with you." They looked at each with adoration and the interruption of their waiter broke their trance. "Well are they dating?"

Picking up his drink Bosco said, "Its a long story."

"Well I have all night."