Opposite courage

Tik Tok

A week later………………………

 

Tik Tok is still disappearing so they can't find any clue about him or her. And Sojin is also disappearing, too. 

 

During these days, everyone is busy with their own works and so they cannot meet with each other.

 

And this is so good for Yookyung. She has been avoiding Naeun as she doesn't want to face her. She confessed her in front of her girlfriend and she feels somehow embrassed by herself.

 

So she doesn't go to hospital or to Naeun's house this week. And she also thinks that Naeun doesn't also want to meet her.

 

" Senior??? "

 

Yookyung is lost in her thought so she doesn't hear Hayoung who is calling her.

 

" Senior??? "

 

This time, Hayoung pushes her by the shoulder and Yookyung is waken up from her own thoughts.

 

" Yes??? "

 

" What do you think about Na Mieun??? "

 

" What Na Mieun?? "

 

She said and everyone in the meeting room looks at her in disbelief.

 

* Bump Bump Bump *

 

" Ahhh. Ahh. Yuri unnie!!! It's hurt!! "

 

Yuri suddenly hits Yookyung with the file which is placed in front of her and Yookyung shouts.

 

" Why are you beating me??? "

 

" Yah!! Hong Yookyung!!! You still dare to ask me??? We are having meeting and you are thinking about your girl."

 

" No, I'm not!! "

 

Yookyung defends herself and she then bows to them.

 

" I am sorry. I wasn't actually listening to you. I'm so sorry."

 

She apologizes and she sighs as she paid all her attention on that suicide case. 

 

After about three hours of non-stop meeting, they finally have their break time.

 

" Ahhh. It is time for lunch!! "

 

Hayoung announces and she looks at Yookyung.

 

" Senior?? Will you join?? "

 

" Of course. If not, who will accompany you??? Come on. I will take you to a nice place."

 

She said and then she and Hayoung drive to a restaurant which is a little far away from their office.

 

" Senior, this is near to the Seoul Hospital. Should I call Naeun unnie and Namjoo unnie??? "

 

Hayoung suggests and Yookyung widens her eyes. She then quickly said.

 

" Yah. Yah. Don't call them. I don't want to meet them."

 

" Wae??? "

 

Hayoung asks but Yookyung just shakes her head.

 

" Don't ask me back. Do like I said. Arasso?? "

 

She said and she enters the restaurant. They look around and look for a nice place to sit.

 

" Omo."

 

Hayoung whispers and she calls Yookyung. Yookyung widens her eyes when she follows her gaze to Hayoung's finger.

 

" Naeun."

 

She whispers her friend's name and she finds that Naeun keeps staring at her.

 

She doesn't know what to do but Hayoung is already at that table.

 

" Hello, Naeun unnie. Where is Namjoo unnie??? "

 

" She doesn't come with me. Because Eunji unnie will come here, too."

 

Yookyung becomes relieved when she hears that Eunji will come here, too. She also sits down at the table and smiles at Naeun.

 

" Hi."

 

" Hi."

 

Naeun whispers and greets back. Hayoung looks at them in surprise as the greeting between the always fighting friends has changed a lot.

 

They order some tea before they have lunch as they have to wait Eunji. Hayoung's phone rings suddenly at that time.

 

" Senior, I will have to answer the call."

 

" Go on."

 

" Hello, Namjoo unnie?? "

 

Hayoung bows to them and she walks away from the table to answer the phone. Yookyung becomes nervous as they are left alone.

 

During the last minutes, Hayoung is one who is talking non stop and now they don't know what to say to each other.

 

But Yookyung decides to talk with Naeun. They can't avoid like this forever. So she clears and starts the conversation.

 

" Ummmm, Naeun-na."

 

" Hmmm??? "

 

" About the things what I said, I want you to forget about them. I mean I am about to marry someone soon and you have Eunji unnie. So they are useless things between us. "

 

" I know. I also decided to forget about that day. We can be friends again."

 

" So are we ok now??? "

 

Yookyung said and she extends her hand. Naeun smiles and she gladly takes it. Then they shake hands and smile to each other. Yookyung can freely stare into Naeun's eyes as they are normal friends again.

 

When she takes back her hand again, she accidently knocks out the cup of the tea that is placed in front of Naeun.

 

" Ahhh."

 

" Naeun-na, are you ok??? "

 

Yookyung worries for Naeun andshe takes the tissue to wipe the tea on Naeun's skirt.

 

" I'm sorry."

 

" It's ok. I can change it later. I put my extra clothes at hospital."

 

Naeun said and Yookyung continues to wipe the tea on Naeun's skirt.

 

" What are you doing??? "

 

At that time, they hear the familiar voice and they both look up to see Eunji who is glaring at them.

 

" What is happening here??? "

 

" Eunji unnie. We didn't do anything. We are just wiping the tea."

 

" Really?? Don't you have your own hands??? Why she has to wipe it for you??? "

 

Eunji shouts and she pulls Naeun up.

 

" Come on. Let's get out of here."

 

" Eunji unnie!!! "

 

Yookyung calls her and she also stands up.

 

" Unnie, please don't misunderstand us. We didn't do anything wrong. I knocked the tea on her and wipe it for her. That's all. So please don't shout at Naeun."

 

" What??? What are you to tell me like this?? "

 

Eunji said and she stares coldly at Yookyung.

 

" Hong Yookyung, you secretly met with my girlfriend at my back and you tried to take her from me. Is this what normal friend does??? "

 

She said and both Naeun and Yookyung drop their jaws. 

 

" Unnie, we didn't secretly met behind you."

 

" Only god can know this. You can secretly meet behind me. You can secretly call to each other every night behind me. I can't know."

 

She said and then she turns towards Yookyung.

 

" But Hong Yookyung, I have to protect my position. Naeun is my girlfriend and I can do anything to her. I can love her, touch her, scold her, at last, I can make love with her. There is none of your business."

 

" Eunji unnie!!! You are affronting us. We are not like this!!! "

 

" Shut up!!! Don't get in between us. Why you are always involving between us??? "

 

She said and then she smirks.

 

" Sorry. I forgot. You are interesting in my girlfriend. You said from your own mouth that you like my girlfriend. You like her, right??? "

 

She said and she shakes her head again.

 

" No. No. Sorry. I was wrong. I mean you are in love with my girlfriend. You love her, right??? "

 

Eunji said and Yookyung makes a fist while she is contracting her hand muscles tighly as she is trying her best not to let out her anger.

 

" Senior, what happened?? "

 

Hayoung who comes back to the table asks when she can notice the tension around the atmosphere. But no one care about her and Eunji said to Yookyung.

 

" But Hong Yookyung, I want to give you last warning. Don't make this kind of mistake again. I don't like. Let's go, Naeun."

 

She said and she pulls out Naeun from the restaurant. Naeun feels sorry for Yookyung at that time but she can't do anything except pulling by Eunji. She keeps turning around and looking at Yookyung who is left at that place like a statue.

 

But Hayoung who is now hating Eunji for her rude manners furrows her eyebrows.

 

" What do you think she is doing??? "

 

She said and she pads Yookyung's back.

 

" Senior, don't feel that much. She is so rude and she does everything without thinking. She also saw me together with you, two but she shouts at you because she wants to. Let's forget about it. Ok?? "

 

She said and she tries to cheer up Yookyung but Yookyung is still in that stage.

 

" Aish!!! What should I do??? "

 

Hayoung murmurs while she is scratching her head with both hands.

 

* Phone ringing *

 

Suddenly, Yookyung's phone rings and she puts it out from her pocket. Then she answers it without looking at the ID.

 

" Hello??? "

 

" Yookyung-na. Another parcel!! "

 

" Yes??? "

 

" Another parcel has arrived."

 

Yookyung becomes pulled out from her thoughts by that words.

 

" Bomi unnie. Where are you??? "

 

" We are at the shooting at xxxxxxxxxxxx. Will you come??? "

 

" Immm. We are near there. I will reach in twenty minutes."

 

" I will wait for you.

 

Bomi hangs up on her and Yookyung puts the phone back in the pocket. She then looks at Hayoung and said.

 

" We need to go to Bomi's shooting."

 

" Immm."

 

Hayoung easily agrees.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

xxx xxx xxx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bomi is looking as down as ever and she is waiting for the police to arrive. She is sitting on the couch and Chorong is beside her. But she seems she is more stable than Bomi at that time.

 

" Unnies!!! "

 

" Ahh, Yookyung-na."

 

Bomi greets them as she stands up a little. Yookyung and Hayoung walks to them and they sit in front of them.

 

" What happened??? "

 

" Another parcel arrived."

 

Bomi said and she gives them an already opened parcel.

 

" Did you open it??? "

 

Yookyung asks and Bomi shakes her head.

 

" I did it."

 

But Chorong answers in place of her and Yookyung looks at her.

 

" Why did you open, unnie??? "

 

Chorong turns towards her slowly and she smiles.

 

" Yookyung-na, do you know the feeling of waiting for someone??? But I was already tired of waiting for Tik Tok. I am not scared about him or her anymore. Instead, I want to face Tik Tok. I want to die rather than waiting for the time that he or she comes to me and kill me."

 

Chorong said and Yookyung looks at her in fear.

 

" Unnie, don't think like this."

 

She said and Bomi sighs.

 

" That's why I am saying. Unnie keeps saying that she wants to die now. I don't know what to do."

 

Bomi said and she covers her face with both of her palms. Yookyung feels sorry for the couple but she has to check the box so she opens it and takes out the things.

 

Like usual, a glass broken watch comes out from the box. She sighs and she takes out another thing.

 

" Huh?? "

 

To her surprise, a recorder comes out from it. She looks at Hayoung and the junior looks back her. Yookyung presses on the play button.

 

" Park Chorong………… "

 

Yookyung furrows her eyebrows. The voice is human like is is disturbed into an irony like deep voice. So they can't say it is a man's or a woman's voice.

 

" Time is over now. Within a week, I will come to you. Prepare for your grave. Ha ha ha."

 

Yookyung grabs the recorder hard in her hand.

 

" I want to remind you again and again. The clock is still running. But it will stop for you soon. Enjoy life before it is over.

 

 

 

Tik

 

 

 

 

 

Tok

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tik

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tok ………………………………………… "

 

Then the audio file stops. Yookyung replays it again and she then looks at to Hayoung.

 

" Hayoung-na, can you fix this voice back to original voice??? "

 

" I am not sure unnie. But I will try it."

 

" Alright. How long wil it take?? "

 

" I am not a professional so it will takes about a day."

 

" That's enough. "

 

Yookyung said and she then turns towards the two who are looking them with blank expression.

 

" Don't worry too much, unnies. It is near to catch Tik Tok."

 

" Don't try too hard for us, Yookyung-na."

 

" No. No. This is my job and I have to find that Tik Tok no matter what."

 

She said and she then stands up.

 

" I have to go now unnies. I will take them back to the office. See you. "

 

" Immm."

 

Yookyung and Hayoung said farewell to the couple and they come back towards their car. Hayoung enters the driver seat and she sighs.

 

" Senior, I think Chorong unnie is crossing the line of fear. I mean, people say like this. Every opposite things are always together. Black and White, Head and Tail, Fear and Courage. When we start to walk from one end, we will end at the other end finally as they are situated back facing to each other. Every opposite things are on the same circle. I think she is afraid too much and she turns it into courage. The courage to face the reality."

 

Hayoung said and Yookyung nods in agreement.

 

" Yes. The courage to face the reality that she has to face the lord of death for her soon."

 

They then look at each other.

 

" Hayoung-na. This is my duty to stop it. Please help me. I have to save her no matter what."

 

" Don't worry, senior. We are always partners and we will find that crazy person together."

 

" Immm."

 

Yookyung said and she leans back to the car seat while Hayoung us starting to drive off. She closes her eyes and having a rest of her brain.

 

But she can hear the noisy running sound of hands of the broken watch that is placing in the box on the dashboard.

 

Tik

 

 

 

Tok

 

 

 

 

Tik

 

 

 

 

Tok

 

 

 

 

 

Don't laugh at me like this. She thinks.