Surprises!

Life Starts Here

The group spent the next few hours in various shops, all five of them spending plenty of Suho's money. Eventually they made their way to a restaurant and were happily filling their empty bellies. Liz and Chanyeol were bickering playfully as usual, and Tao was nibbling on his food. Sehun and Cat were quietly chatting about their likes, dislikes, hobbies and so on, both barely eating their food.

 

"Are you having a good time in the city? In Korea?" He asked, smiling as she brightened immediately.

 

"Yes! It's so beautiful here, the food is delicious and the shopping is amazing!"

 

Laughing, he shook his head in disbelief. "Of course you like the shopping. All the girls do! Well... Tao does too, but he's the Princess."

 

"Yahh! That's not nice, Sehun-ah." Tao grumbled from across the table, folding his arms over his chest and leaning back, sulking.

 

"Don't listen to him Tao-ah. He's just jealous that he doesn't have as good of fashion sense as you do." Chanyeol chirped, laughing at Sehun's agape expression. Tao grinned and nodded, pleased as Sehun now leaned back and grumbled.

 

"Aishhh... you boys are worse than girls I swear. Your bickering is maddening!" Liz cried, covering her face with her hands and groaning. Cat giggled and shook her head, picking up a piece of broccoli and sticking it in , chewing thoughtfully.

 

Sticking his tongue out at her, Chanyeol focused again on his food, grumbling about the noona berating him in front of his friends. Liz ruffled his hair and laughed. "Oh be quiet you."

 

Grinning, Sehun looked at Cat's empty plate and jerked his chin toward it. "Are you finished? I can take it to the counter." He held his hand out for it, and she giggled, shaking her head.

 

"No, I got it. It's alright. Thank you!" She stood, walking toward the main counter with her empty plate. Immediately he stood, following her to the counter with his own plate, sheepish in his manner. Looking over her shoulder at him, she smiled softly, lowering her gaze. "You know, I'm very glad you came... It's nice."

 

He stiffened, looking at her with a blank expression. A smile tugged at the corner of his mouth and he tilted his chin down, hiding his eyes behind a shock of his hair. "Well... I'm glad too. I'm having a really good time. Will you be around us often?"

 

Cat sighed and shrugged, rubbing the back of her neck as she placed the plate in the bucket. "I'm not sure... Liz is your choreographer, so she will! But... I'm just a student, at the school." Forcing a smile she looked under his hair at him, raising her eyebrow. "Are you okay?"

 

Sehun did not answer, but just nodded and smiled wanly, exhaling. He his heel and walked back to the table, sitting in his seat and staring at the table, hands shoved into his pockets. Cat slid into her chair, looking at her, concerned at this sudden quietness.

 

"Liz-ah, what do you ladies want to do now?" Chanyeol chirped, leaning forward and putting his elbows under his chin, grinning mischievously. "You've eaten, bought every damn shirt in Korea, and almost made Suho-ssi's credit card burst into flames."

 

Rolling her eyes, Liz scoffed at his statement. "Hey! I spent a good deal of my own money, thank you. And I don't really know what to do next. I'd say... I dunno. Is there a movie theatre nearby?"

 

Tao straightened up immediately, nodding excitedly. "Yea! And there are some good movies playing right now too. Should we go to a movie? Sehun?" He turned to the maknae, looking at him quizzically but his brow furrowed as he saw how he was staring at the table blankly. "Sehun-ah?"

 

Jerked out of his reverie, he looked up at Tao, then smiled slightly, shrugging. "I don't really care. Chanyeol-ah? Do you have your cell phone? I left mine in the van."

 

"Hm? Oh, yea. Here. Why do you need it?" He handed over the phone, tilting his head slightly.

 

"I need to call my mom. I just realized it's her birthday." He spoke quickly, standing and grabbing his phone. "Please excuse me. I'll be right outside." Immediately he began looking at the keypad, furiously tapping numbers in and putting it to his ear as he walked out of the room, standing on the sidewalk outside.

 

"Cat-ah, is he okay? He seems bothered by something." Tao murmured, looking at the girl next to him.

 

"I don't know... he asked if I'd be around you all as often as Liz, then got quiet." She looked at him with a worried expression, folding her arms over her chest. "...Did I do something wrong?"

 

"What?! No! Of course not.." Chanyeol quickly replied, then looked at Tao with an odd expression that was soon mirrored by the other.

 

Liz caught the look immediately, looking between the boys. "Do you two know something we don't? I know that look of yours, Channie... It happened a lot when you were keeping the fact that I was going to be teaching you."

 

Tao shook his head, a sly smile on his mouth. "It's nothing, Liz-ah. Don't worry. But! We better run if we want to make it to the movie theatre before everyone else does." He stood up, brushing off his clothes and bringing his plate to the counter, Chanyeol following suit.

 

Taking advantage of the fact that they were gone, Liz leaned across the table and grasping Cat's hands, which were twisting a napkin to shreds as she stared at Sehun through the window. "I highly doubt he's mad at you, Cat. You needn't worry yourself so much!"

 

"But what if I said something wrong, did something wrong?! I don't want to make him mad at me..."

 

"Well, tell me what you said. EXACTLY what you said."

 

"He asked me if I was going to be around them all often, and I told him that you were the choreographer, and I was just a student. He got an odd look on his face, then went quiet." Looking at the shreds of napkin on the table, she brushed them into a pile in front of her, grasping them in her fist. "I don't know what I did..."

 

Liz chuckled under her breath, and sighed. "Cat, he's probably worried that he'll never see you again. He likes you! He doesn't want to never see you."

 

A flush crept onto her cheeks and she opened to reply, but shut it immediately as she saw Sehun reenter the restaurant, a smug smile on his face. "I-Is everything okay?" She asked, looking up at him nervously.

 

"Hn? Oh, yes. Absolutely. Everything is more than fine. What are we doing next?" He replied, putting the phone down on the table, and looking at both girls as well as the returning guys.

 

"We're going to the movies. How's your mom?" Chanyeol grinned, grabbing his phone from the table, raising his eyebrow at the maknae.

 

"She's perfectly fine. Very happy I called, though." Sehun replied, his expression sly. "Well if we're going to the movies, we better get moving, hm?" He turned back onto his heel again, heading toward the door, then paused and looked toward the group. "Come on!"

 

Laughing, they all shook their head and followed the boy, the girls arm in arm while the boys lagged behind, muttering quietly about something. Sehun lead the way down the streets to the theatre, humming merrily to himself and only looking over his shoulder occasionally to make sure they're still following.

 

When they got to the theatre, Sehun paid with, of course, Suho's card, and quickly ushered them inside. Conferring with the guys for a moment, they ordered two large tubs of popcorn and a couple drinks, large sized of course, and slunk into the theatre. The very back row was empty, so quickly they made their way up the stairs to the seats. Tao stretched his long legs out on the seat at the very top of the stairs, Sehun next to him, then Cat, Liz, and Chanyeol. Leaning close together, Sehun muttered something to Tao, causing him to laugh merrily and clap his hands, nodding.

 

"What are they muttering about?!" Cat groaned to Liz, putting her forehead on her shoulder in mock despair. "I just can't stand the secrets!"

 

Suddenly hot breath tickled Cat's ear, and she stiffened, hearing Sehun chuckle huskily. "You'll just have to get used to it, Cat-ah. Now come on, the movie's starting; sit up and lets watch it."

 

Sitting up slowly, she looked at the arm rests available to her, and groaned as Liz purposefully took over the one between them, leaving only the one between her and Sehun. Debating for a moment, she sighed and leaned against it, instantly consumed with Sehun's subtle cologne. He looked over at her sideways, and bit back a smile, leaning slightly more toward her as darkness settled over the theatre.

 

The next hour was uneventful, with all five of them watching the movie in polite silence. Of course, it being a comedy, most of it was spent in laughter. Liz laughed uproariously at a particularly funny bit, when she felt a warmth across her arm, the one between her and Chanyeol. Not looking, she blushed crimson as she felt his hand sliding down her hand, his fingers grazing her wrists before resting on the top of her palm. Slowly his fingers wove down between hers, holding her hand, nestled in his palm.

 

Swallowing hard, she looked over at him, and saw him looking shyly at her too, his mouth upturned in a nervous smile. It was clear he half expected her to rip her hand from his, berate him, or even slap him. Taking a deep breath she squeezed her fingers against his, but did not lean closer as she was trying to keep Sehun and Cat close together.

 

Meanwhile Cat was in a fight of her own. She saw Chanyeol grab Liz's hand, and instantly felt a wave of jealousy that almost hurt. Her hand was clenched up tight on the armrest the entire movie, and she was very much aware of his hand placed almost strategically on his lap, his finger tapping almost nervously. It was like a scene from a movie! She wanted to grab his hand so bad, but she was too old-fashioned to make the first move! Resigned, she dropped her hand from the arm rest to her lap and clasped her hands together loosely.

 

Tao looked over, seeing the movement from the corner of his eye. With a quick movement he nudged Sehun, gesturing with his chin to Cat's hands. Sehun looked at him with a nervous smile, shaking his head slightly as he chuckled. With one fluid motion he reached one hand over to her lap, carefully picking up her hand in his and causing Tao to grin.

 

Cat's heart stopped as he picked up her hand, and she looked over at him with wide eyes. As he tilted his head to look at her, he smiled both nervously and warmly, raising his brow questioningly. A smile came unbidden to her face, and she blushed, looking back to the screen.

 

The movie finished soon after, and the guys stood up, gently pulling the girls up to stand with them. Liz chuckled as Chanyeol made a huge mockery of it, pretending to pull her up as if she was a child, and she pulled her hand from his to swat playfully at him. "You dork. Can't ever act like a normal human being, can you."

 

"Of course not! What's the fun in that!?" He protested, grinning as he fought off her attack.

 

Sehun however, had refused to let go of Cat's hand, and was standing next to Tao who was stretching to crack his back. "It's about time you held her hand, Sehun-ah. If you hadn't, I would have." Tao smirked, waggling his eyebrow at Cat and causing her to laugh. Sehun stepped sideways, raising his eyebrow at his hyung as if challenging him.

 

"Is that so? Hm. Well it seems that I beat you to it!" He grinned, holding their joined hands up victoriously, which of course pulled Cat closer to his side.

 

"And besides Tao-hyung... wouldn't it have been awkward holding my hand across Sehun-ah?" Cat smirked around Sehun, laughing as Tao's face fell in mock dismay. "And what do you mean, 'about time'?!"

 

Tao grinned slyly, then shook his head as he turned to walk down the stairs. The theatre had emptied by then, so he began to lead them out of the theatre itself. Sehun reluctantly let go of her hand as they descended the stairs, waiting for her at the bottom with a faint smile. Blushing Cat slid into step next to him, looking at Liz with a grin on her face.

 

Liz yawned, then jumped as Chanyeol tapped the sides of her face, causing her open mouth to echo. "Yahhh!! What happened to you being 'god's gift to women!?' I thought you were supposed to be Mr. Suave?"

 

As the others burst into laughter, Chanyeol grinned playfully, popping his arms up into a macho stance, flexing. "Oh, I am. I can't help it if I'm just irresistible! You seem to be caving to my charms, too." Waggling his eyebrow at him, she scoffed and rolled her eyes, turning away from him to follow their friends.

 

Feeling devilish, Chanyeol raced up behind Liz and scooped her up into his arms and despite her protests he raced outside, spinning her around once outside. Squealing she wrapped her arms around his neck, protesting loudly. "PUT ME DOWN!!!!!!"

 

The others came outside, laughing as they saw Chanyeol spinning madly. "You're going to hurt yourselves!!!" Tao cried, running over and grabbing Liz's arms as she reached out to him. Pulling her to her feet he held her steady as she grabbed her head, trying to stop the world from spinning around her. "You alright?"

 

"Yea... I'm fine. Damnit Channie! I'm going to kill you!" She cried, throwing a tissue at the boy who was now doubled over with laughter. Looking at her phone she hissed, groaning. "It's getting late... would you guys mind driving us home?"

 

Sehun pouted, lacing his hand back through Cat's and pulling her close to his side. "I suppose so... The van should be right here." He stuck his head out, looking into traffic then waved when he saw the driver. Soon they were piling into the van, same seats as before, except this time Sehun had his hands wrapped around one of Cat's, his head resting close to hers as they pulled away from the curb.

 

They drove in silence for a few moments, then Sehun cleared his throat, leaning away from Cat but turning enough for them all to see him. "I have an announcement to make. Well, when I left the restaurant to make a phone call, I actually called Mr. President, with a proposition. Since we all obviously like having both sister's around... We have made an arrangement." He paused, turning to Cat and smiling. " How would you like to be our makeup-noona?"

 

"WHAT?!?!"

 

 

 

------------------------------------------

Hey guys!!  I'm so happy to see that people are liking "Life Starts Here."  I'm having a blast writing this, using all my free time to write chapters.  Heck, I'm even writing when I'm at work, and when I'm out and about?  I'm thinking about it!  

I love to read comments and I read every single one, so please feel free to leave them, friend request me, follow, what have you. :]  I aim to please!!   I'm going to do my best to keep up with posting chapters at least every other day, simply because I love seeing people reading them! :D

Keep reading!!   <3