The Plunge

Life Starts Here

The next morning Nana stirred, lazily stretching on her bed as she looked at the alarm clock; it was 10am.  She had definitely slept in, but considering the night she had she was still tired.  Memories of the night before flooded her mind and she smiled, blushing absently.  Looking over on the other end of the bed, she smiled softly as she saw Tao there, still sleeping deeply.  He hadn’t wanted to go back to the guys’ dorm after their ‘moment,’ so they had spent a good portion of the night just talking, learning about each other.

 

Sighing happily she stood, stretching and laughing as she saw she was still in her jeans from the night before.  Throwing her hair up into a ponytail she wandered out the hall and toward the kitchen, her mind focused on the prospect of a very large cup of coffee.

 

“Moooooorning.”  Cat drawled from the far corner of the kitchen.  She was perched on the counter, her feet swinging as she munched on a piece of toast.  “And how did we sleep last night with our guest?”

 

Nana blushed and shrugged, pouring herself a cup of steaming java and inhaling deeply.  “Fiiiine, thank you.  And was your bed empty last night?”  She crawled onto a stool, sipping appreciatively at the hot coffee.

 

“As a matter of fact, it was.  We didn’t want to distract Tao-ah from his mission.”  She smirked, polishing off the last piece of crust and wiping crumbs from her hands.  “How’d things go, anyway?”

 

“Oh like you don’t know, you little sneak.”  She grinned, unable to help herself.  “How the hell did you know he liked me?!”

 

“Uh, because I have eyes.  And because it’s painfully obvious to anyone that knows him.”  Cat chuckled quietly as she slid from the counter, looking up to see Tao emerging from the hallway, rubbing his eyes sleepily.  “Well good morning sunshine.”

 

Morning…  Is there any coffee?”  He grumbled, yawning behind his hand as he wandered into the kitchen. 

 

Yep, a fresh pot right over there.  Cups are in the cabinet; help yourself!”  Cat chirped, smiling slyly as she watched him brush by Nana as he walked by, grabbing a cup of coffee.  “How did you sleep?”

 

F-fine.”  He stammered, blushing furiously over the lip of his cup.  “Where’s Liz?”

 

She went to visit the guys and help them clean up; apparently we had made a mess of the yard and Mr. President was furious.  I stayed behind to start breakfast for everyone.  The rest of the guys are going to come up here and eat, so of course I need to start cooking like… now.”   Sighing heavily she walked to the cabinet and pulled out the fixings she needed to make her specialty; pancakes.  From the fridge she grabbed blueberries, chocolate chips, bananas and strawberries, placing them on a cutting board on the island.  “Would you mind helping me, Tao?”

 

Hn?  Oh, yes.  Sure.”  Putting down his coffee, he washed his hands and placed a towel over his shoulder.  Picking up the knife he slowly began chopping the fruit, except the blueberries of course, and placing them in specific bowls on the counter.  “What else are you making?”

 

Oh, the usual; bacon, ham, sausage, eggs, toast.  There’s orange juice, apple juice and milk in the fridge too, so that should make them happy.”  Pulling out some large mixing bowls she added the pancake ingredients, coughing as flour blasted up into her face.  “Oh great.”

 

Well that’s a cute picture.”  A voice chuckled from the doorway, and she looked up to see Sehun smirking at her, his hand still on the doorknob. 

 

Magical thing called knocking, Sehun.”  Nana muttered, still curled up on the bench by Tao, watching him cut fruit absently.  “You should try it sometime.”

 

Oh ha ha.  Good morning to you too, Nana.  Hello Tao.”  He smirked, nudging him absently, causing Tao to raise his knife, mock threatening him and bearing his teeth in a grimace.  “She’s got you working I see?  Good.  It’s about time you did something.”  Grinning he ducked as Tao threw some fruit at him.

 

Ya!  Don’t you dare waste that fruit, or I’ll send you personally to go get more!”  Cat cried, gesturing with her dough covered spoon at the two guys.  “And I’m veerrrrrry picky.”

 

Obviously not if you picked the maknae!”  Tao added, smirking as Sehun glared at him. 

 

Oh hush Tao.”  Cat hissed, walking over and kissing Sehun on the cheek.  “Hello Sehun-ah.  Why are you here?  Is the clean up done?”

 

He chuckled quietly as he rubbed flour from his cheek, then grabbed a paper towel, ran it under the faucet and wiped down her face.  “Not really.  But they told me to come see you and if you need help.”

 

That’s code for he pouted until they let him leave.”  Nana laughed as she brought her now empty mug to the sink, leaning against the countertop.  “Do you need any more help Cat-ah?  Otherwise I’ll go take a shower.”

 

Nah, I think I’m good.   Go ahead.”  Cat smiled at her as she placed the batter bowl aside.  “There are towels in the closet right inside the door.”

 

Nana nodded and grinned, turning to walk down the hallway, catching Tao’s eyes watching her hungrily.  An evil thought popped into her head as she stretched, her t-shirt lifting to reveal the spray of stars tattooed around her hips.  Hearing his breath catch she smirked at him, winking over her shoulder as she made her way to the bathroom.

 

Sehun sidled up beside Tao and chuckled, folding his arms over his chest.  “I saw that, hyung.”

 

Hush Sehun.  If Cat saw half the looks you gave her she’d never stop blushing.”  Tao hissed, glaring at him sidewise as he picked up the cutting board and knife, bringing it to the sink.  “Why don’t you help her actually cook, eh?  You’ve eaten her cooking before, help her for a change.”

 

No, it’s okay.  I like cooking!”  She grinned, pulling a large griddle from the closet and placing it on the counter, plugging it in.  “But I wouldn’t say no if you wanted to cook up the meats.  It’d definitely help me a lot.” 

 

Nodding and pushing his sleeves up, he grabbed a large fry pan and placed it on the burner, lighting the stove easily.  Within moments the smell of delicious frying meats wafted through the kitchen, along with the sweet smell of pancakes frying.  Tao hovered nearby, occasionally dropping fruit or chocolate at her request.  Stacks of pancakes soon filled the plates around them, Tao slathering them with butter in between the layers to keep them moist.

 

The door finally flew open, and ten very hungry guys filed in, followed by a frazzled looking Liz.  Cat looked over and grinned, raising her eyebrow to her sister.  Liz paused, then mouthed ‘they know´ back to her, a sheepish look on her face.  Unable to help herself, laughter burst from Cat and she covered with her hand to stifle it. 

 

Oh look!  She’s got Sehun cooking!  I like this side of you, Sehun-ah.  Now you can cook for me for a change!”  Kyungsoo pointed out, grinning as he sat down on the couch.

 

I doubt he’d cook for anyone other than Cat, D.O.”  Chen muttered, sitting down on the couch next to him.

 

"Well I'm one lucky girl now aren't I?" Cat cajoled, grinning as she flipped over some pancakes. "There are some finished, guys. Come get it!" As the guys ran over to her, plates in hand she giggled, shaking her head. "We have blueberry, strawberry, banana, chocolate chip and plain pancakes, and Sehun is making bacon, ham, and sausage, and if you want it I can make eggs.  Just let me know how you like them, buuuuut my specialty is scrambled.”

 

Cat, I’ll do the eggs; you’ve done enough.”  Nana protested, walking over and grabbing a spatula.  “Make sure you eat, too!”

 

I will, I will.  But thank you Nana-ah.”  Cat grinned, turning back to flipping pancakes.  Tao had taken the role of doling out the pancakes to the hungry menfolk standing behind him.  “And I have plenty of batter, so I can make more.” 

 

After what felt like hours of the guys scrabbling for the food, everyone was seated and finally eating.  Cat and Nana ate leaning against the island, while everyone was else was on some form of chair or the floor. 

 

It’s very good Cat and Nana, thank you.”  Suho bowed over his plate, smiling happily.

 

Ya!  We helped too!”  Tao cried, gesturing quickly between himself and Suho, who were seated on the ground beside one another.  “I helped with the fruit, and Sehun-ah cooked the meat.”

 

Yea yea, we get it, you want praise.”   Leaning over, Kris patted each of their heads mockingly.  “Good job.”  Tao growled at him, grabbing his wrist in one swift move and twisting his arm.  “Ow! Ow!  Uncle, uncle, UNCLE!”  Kris cried, whimpering as he fell to the ground.

 

The guys laughed at the fallen leader, shaking their heads.  Xiumin leaned toward Kris, smirking.  “I don’t think you thought that one through; harassing the one that could kick your .”

 

Oh shut up Xiumin.”  Kris murmured as he sat up, Tao having released his hold on his wrist.  Massaging his now tender wrist, he scooted away from the two, glowering at the now smug Tao.

 

Liz chuckled, nibbling on a piece of bacon thoughtfully.  “What should we do today?  For once we don’t have rehearsal, filming, or classes.  Is there anything you’d want to do?”

 

What about the beach?!”  Nana cried, grinning.  “I’ve been dying to go all summer!  Please?  Can we?” 

 

Suho paused, pursing his lips in thought.  “I don’t see why not!”  Cheers burst around him and he chuckled, pulling out his phone.  “I’ll call Mr. President and get his permission.” 

 

As he wandered down the hallway, Liz hopped up and collected the plates from the guys, bringing them to the sink and groaning.  “Channie!  Come help with dishes, please.” 

 

Fiiiiine…  I don’t see anyone else helping though.”  He grumbled as he pushed himself to his feet and shuffling into the kitchen, immersing his arms in the thick soapy water. 

 

That’s because the rest of us either cooked, or aren’t dating one of the noonas!”  Chen mocked, leaning back against the couch with a contented sigh, rubbing his stomach with his hands.  “Wait… the beach.  Do we even have beach towels?  Bathing suits?  Sunblock?”

 

If not, we can get them.”  Luhan chirped, bouncing excitedly about the prospect of a field trip.  “I’m sure there’s a shop nearby that has all the things we need.”

 

Yea, Luhan… a swim shop.”  D.O. teased, grinning as he stood to help in the kitchen. 

 

I don’t know if I brought my swimsuit…”  Cat frowned, tapping her lip with her forefinger as she thought about it. 

 

I doubt Sehun-ah would care if you didn’t use one!”  Xiumin smirked, raising his eyebrow at the young girl, causing her to flush crimson and cover her face with her hands. 

 

Aissssh!  Xiuminnie what’s got into you today?!”  Nana cried as she laughed, sitting down on the floor next to Tao.  “Poor Cat-ah is turning beet red!”

 

It’s okay Cat-ah, I’ll bring you to get a suit if you’d like.”  Suho nodded, his brow furrowing as the guys laughed at him.  “What?!”

 

You just want to watch Cat wear a bathing suit!  You lecher.  Let Sehun take her if anything!”  Kris joked, throwing his thumb over his shoulder at Sehun, who had walked over to Cat and wrapped his arms around her waist, burying his beet red face into her shoulder.

 

Uh, no.  Guys, if anyone is going to take her, Liz and I will, okay?  I could use a new swim suit anyway.”  Nana nodded, winking at Tao who swallowed hard. 

 

Here, then.  And Mr. President said that he’d arrange a few vans for us.”  Suho held out his card, and Cat held her hands up in protest, laughing weakly. 

 

No no no!  Thank you, but we’re fine.  We have some money to use, so we can do that on our own.”  Bowing her head in thanks, she smiled as she felt Sehun chuckle against her shoulder.  “Once the kitchen is clean we’ll go do that immediately.”

 

Aish, just go.  We’ll clean up!”  Chanyeol promised, nodding as he continued washing dishes, the front of his shirt soaked. 

 

Yeaaaa… Kyungsoo would you help?  I’m worried Channie will burn the place down.”  Liz chuckled, patting him on the back as he spluttered protests.  D.O. nodded, grinning as he pushed a dry cloth into Chanyeol’s hands and began washing them instead.

 

Okay, so we can get going, yes?”  Nana grinned as she hopped to her feet, gesturing toward the door. 

 

Well let me get dressed first!”  Cat moaned as she headed toward her bedroom, shaking her head.  “I don’t want to go shopping in my PJs!”

 

You guys should go get your stuff together for the beach.  We’ll text you when we’re ready, okay?”  Nana offered as she ran to follow Cat, Liz soon behind.

 

“Did you seriously not pack your swimsuit, Cat?!”  Liz groaned as she flopped onto her sister’s bed, shaking her head.  “I packed mine!”

 

“Yes I did pack one, I’m not stupid.  But… I didn’t expect to meet a guy, so… It’s a one-piece from swim team.”  Cat replied sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck.

 

"You still have that damn thing!? Jeez.. But come to think of it... Mine's a bit tattered... I think I'll get a new one too!" Liz nodded, putting her chin on her hands. "Gotta impress the boys, hm?"

 

"Oh definitely. But I think Tao will like my suit already. So I'll help you two impress your boys!" Nana grinned and leaned against the door. "Are you almost ready to go, Cat?"

 

"Yea yea, lemme grab my wallet." As the girls were chatting Cat had thrown on a simple pair of jean shorts and white tank, pulling her hair up in a slightly messy ponytail. Grabbing her wallet and stuffing it into her pocket, she smiled and nodded. "Let's go tell the guys and be on our way."

 

Together the three of them walked into the living room, and couldn't help but laugh. Their living room was a disaster area, full of soap suds, dishes and the boys were all fighting about the mode of operations to cleaning the dishes. Finally Sehun saw the girls and walked over, kissing Cat softly. "Are you girls heading out?"

 

"Yea actually. I'll text you when we're ready to be picked up. Did you guys call the cab?" She murmured, shoving the phone in her pocket and raising her eyebrow.

 

"Oh yes actually. It's waiting outside. We'll pick you up later." Suho mentioned as he dried a dish, putting it back in the cabinet.

 

Nodding Nana slid some sunglasses onto her face, a pair of black shades. Slinging her bag onto her shoulder, she raised her eyebrow at Tao and smirked. "I've already got my swimsuit so I'm okay, but we have to get the girls taken care of." Grinning she opened the door, and swept her arm in front of her. "Ladies?"

 

The girls waved goodbye and ran out, and soon they were in the cab, eagerly anticipating their shopping adventure. "I really want to impress Sehun..." Cat murmured nervously, rubbing the back of her neck.

 

Nana smirked and patted her reassuringly on the leg. "Oh don't you worry; Mama Nana's going to take care of you. Of both of you. I'll make the guys fall to their knees in front of you and praaaay to the gods that your bathing suit falls off."

 

Liz laughed, shaking her head as her cheeks reddened. "Well I don't now what Chanyeol would do if my shirt fell off."

 

"Oh, I do. A repeat of earlier." Cat grinned, flinging the door open as they arrived to their destination, running out into building. Nana laughed and ran after her, dragging Liz behind her.

 

The room was full of suits of dozens of different colors, shapes, textures and sizes, and Cat paused awkwardly in front of a shelf of them, looking clearly lost.

 

"Again, don't worry babe. I'll take care of you." Nana wandered off, then came back shoving a suit into both girl's hands. "Here. Try this on."

 

"S-Seriously?! There's nothing here!" Cat stammered, while Liz smirked and nodded appreciatively. "I c-can't!"

 

"I think you can, and I definitely like this one, Nana!" Liz grinned and turned, shoving Cat into a changing room as she went into her own. Nana waited patiently outside, and when the girls came out she clapped happily.

 

"Yesssss!! Okay, you're getting those, no questions asked." Reaching in she grabbed the debit card from Cat's pants and ran up to the counter and paying.

 

"I.. love...this... suit!" Liz cried, grinning happily as she admired herself in a mirror.

 

"I feel so !" Cat whined, looking nervously in her own mirror.

 

"And maybe if you're lucky, you will GET with a certain maknae. Now let's go!" Nana grinned, tossing the card back to Cat. "Pants, shoes, let's go!"

 

"I've already texted Suho, so they're coming to get us." Lit mentioned as she tugged her mini-dress on over the suit, laughing as it barely hid anything. "Oh jeez."

 

Within the next ten minutes they were at the beach, and the sisters were standing on the sand, staring nervously at each other. "Okay, on the count of three, girls. You gotta do it!" Nana begged, having already changed. She was wearing a bandeau style blue top with a blue and purple bottom, jeweled sandals and black sunglasses; her shirt abandoned on the sand. Tao was nearby, his own shirt off and his abs glistening with the sunblock he was slathering on but his eyes never leaving her body.

                                

 

Taking a deep breath, Cat nodded and pulled off her shirt, revealing the smallest bathing suit she had ever owned. It was teal and bright pink, and very small. She wore white sandals and sunglasses, and nothing else.

 

                              

"Holy , Sehun-ah!!!" Kris yelled, running over and grabbing the maknae and dragging him over. "Look at your woman!"

 

"C-Cat... I-... I uhm... w-wow." He panted, staring at her.

 

"D-Do you like it?" She murmured, touching the fabric nervously.

 

Without a word he strode over, grabbed her around the waist and pressed his mouth hungrily to hers, his hands roaming over the bare flesh.

 

"I'd say he does." Chanyeol chuckled as he walked over to Liz, looking at her expectantly. "Aaaand do I get a surprise?"

 

Liz laughed and smiled playfully. "Maaaaybe." Pulling off her sundress she looked at him, seeing lust kindle in his eyes immediately. The bathing suit had a deep plunge down to her navel and clung teasingly to her curves. "Well?"

 

                                 

"." Chanyeol grunted, running his hand through his hair as he stared at her. "L-Let's just say I like it, okay?"

 

Nana laughed and looked over to find Tao, frowning as she couldn't find him where he had been just moments before. Turning around, she gasped sharply as she found him right there, his hands sliding around her waist and touching her tattoos tenderly. "I like it, too." He murmured, leaning down and kissing her tenderly, then pulling back with a smirk.

 

"Alriiiight, enough of the mushy crap! Let's go swimming!" Xiumin called from the waters edge, waving his hand toward the water. The girls laughed and nodded, taking off at a run toward the water, the guys hot on their heels. It was time to have some fun!!