Happy Birthday!! [[Part 3]]

Life Starts Here

Key-hyung, I need to ask you something.”  Liz murmured from beside him, having managed to peel herself away from Chanyeol’s arms long enough to return to the party.

 

The idol turned, startled as to her closeness and nodded, his eyes wide.  “Is something wrong?”

 

No, but come with me.”  She rested her hand lightly on his arm and led him from the room, back into the main hallway.  Once they were alone, she folded her arms over her chest, and exhaled heavily before looking up to his face.  “Why did you give Cat that necklace?”

 

Key’s brow furrowed and he pursed his lips for a moment before responding.  “It’s her birthday.  She deserved a present.”  He stated quietly, but his eyes belying his nervousness.

 

A present yes, but why did you give her a heart shaped key necklace?”  She murmured, arching her eyebrow as she looked at him.  When he shrugged, she sighed and pinched her temples with her hand, groaning.  “Kibum, she’s with Sehun!  You told me you understood that and wouldn’t cause trouble!  But instead you gave her a gift that, while you knew she’d love and wear, the fans would immediately attribute to you!  Damnit Kibum, we’re trying to convince Mr. President to let us announce who we’re truly dating but you’re just making it harder for her.”

 

Key paused, and turned his head as he chewed on his lip nervously.  “I hadn’t thought of that…”

 

Of course you didn’t.  You were just trying to give her a gift that would rival Sehun’s, right?  Trying to make you appear better in her eyes?  Key, she likes you!  She does.  But she loves Sehun, and wouldn’t do anything to hurt him.  She’s been hurt in the past and I swear to god if you do anything-…”

 

I won’t, okay?”  Key snapped, his temper flaring.  “I wouldn’t worm my way into a relationship and try to peel her away from something she obviously cares about.  I do like her, and I want to give her things that I think she would like!  If she were mine, she’d get those all the time, no matter the occasion!  She wouldn’t have to wait until her birthday to get something sentimental!”

 

Liz paused, staring at the enraged idol, her eyes softening.  Before her eyes he almost crumpled, hanging his head and letting his shoulders slump.  It was obvious how much he cared about her sister, despite being unable to do anything about it.  “Kibum… Oppa, please.”

 

No.  I know what you meant, and it just to hear.”  Chuckling weakly, he rubbed the back of his neck and glanced toward the door where the party was still raging.  “I guess I should go apologize, hn?”

 

Not now.  She’s obviously not bothered by it, and for you to admit it to Sehun in front of her, she’d put together the pieces and feel horrible.  Try talking to the maknae later, okay?”  Her voice was quiet as she stepped toward him, resting her arm on his forearm.  “You really do care for her… don’t you?”

 

Yes.”  His voice was a strangled whisper as he turned to look at her, and her heart ached as she saw the longing in his eyes.  Looking over his shoulder she saw Cat and Nana dancing in the front room, both girls laughing as they spun into the arms of Tao and Sehun.  “I do, Liz…”

 

Frowning sympathetically, she squeezed his forearm gently and stepped past him.  “Take your time coming back in… Don’t push it.”  She smiled at him, unable to help her wince as he struggled to compose himself in the shadows. 

 

Swallowing her own feelings, she walked into the room and chuckled to see that somehow, Suho had gotten hold of a microphone and was currently tapping the top to get everyone’s attention.  “What’s going on?”  She murmured to Nana, who chuckled and shrugged.

 

Everyone, we all know why we’re here; Cat-ah’s birthday.  And to celebrate, we have a special surprise for you.”  He grinned at Cat, who flushed pink and rolled her eyes.

 

Suho-ahhhh… You don’t need to get me anything further.  I’ve been spoiled today!”  She chuckled, shaking her head in protest as the EXO boys surrounded her and gently pushed her up toward the ‘birthday chair.’ 

 

Oh, it’s not me, actually.  It’s Sehun.”  He grinned, handing off the microphone to Sehun who smirked at her and winked.

 

Hey Cat.  I know the gifts have been done, but I still had one more surprise to give to you.”  Clearing his throat, he stepped back, handing the microphone back to the waitress with a smile.  The rest of the EXO members came up around him, and soon a smooth melody came over the speakers.  D.O. stepped forward, smirking at Cat.

 

Sehun asked us to sing this for you today, but mind you, we edited it a little bit.  Happy birthday, Cat-ah.”  He mumbled, before breaking out into song with the rest of the song.

 

[D.O.]
She’s his baby
He melts like chocolate at her white fingertips
She’s walking in to his door, oh yeah!

[Baekhyun]

She’s his lady


He’s a slave for your dazzling lips, which he’s fallen to


He’s running in to your heart, oh yeah!

[D.O.]

Show him a bit more of yourself (don’t lie)
If you’re honest with him (it’s gonna be easy)
There will be a sweet harmony that couldn’t be felt before


[Suho]

Don’t be too late

[All]

He’s not a friend

[Suho]

He wants to be a man to you

[All]

He’s not just some person


[Baekhyun]

He’s the only one person to protect you

[All]

He’s not a friend


[D.O]

Starting from the first moment that he saw you


[All]

I’m not just saying this


[Baekhyun]

Lady! He’ll only have you

[Sehun]

It's scattered on top of the table, messily spilled

[Kai]

His shaken and clumsy love confession

Are you ready for love

[Chanyeol]

Your eyes are more beautiful and more stealable than a diamond

In there, he only wants to dream of you

[Suho]

Don’t pretend to not know, turn your head and look at him

[Baekhyun]

Don’t avoid his eyes, he definitely can’t give up on you 

[D.O.]

Come a bit closer (don’t stop!)
If he holds you

[Chanyeol]

(Everything’s alright)

[D.O]

The flowing melody, seemingly tickling his ear


[Suho]

Don’t be too late 

[All]

Not a friend

[Suho]

He wants to be a man to you

[All]

Not just any person

[Baekhyun]

The only person who will protect you

[All]

Not a friend

[D.O.]

Starting from the first moment that he saw you

[All]

He’s not just saying this

[Baekhyun]

Lady! He’ll only have you 

[All]

Not a friend

[D.O.]

His lady

[All]


He’s not just saying this

[Baekhyun]

Lady, his only love

[D.O]

She’s his baby, all the end to those pale fingertips

 

Cat flushed as the guys bowed, tears springing to her eyes as Sehun looked at her, love written on his face. "Guys... my god... Thank you." She whimpered, jumping up and running to Sehun, diving into his arms and burying her face into his neck. Out of all the birthdays she celebrated, this was definitely in the best of the best.