Gonna be a Long Day

Life Starts Here

The next morning came way too quick for the girl’s liking, having stayed out very late with the guys the night before.  When her alarm went off, Liz blearily swatted at it and heaving herself up from her tummy.  Grumbling, she sat cross legged on her bed with the blanket pulled up onto her head and tucked around her.  As she stared off into space a smile slipped onto her face as she remembered the goings-on of yesterday, and she allowed herself a small chuckle.  “And we get to repeat it all today…  Except this time it won’t be all 12 of them against two of us!”

 

A faint sound was all she could hear of her sister’s alarm, and she couldn’t help but grin again.  Cat had looked so shy and nervous around the maknae of the group; it was clear no matter how much she protested it she had indeed liked him, and probably knowing she had seen him dance didn’t help.  Literally rolling off of the bed and onto the floor, she sat there for a minute, still wrapped up in her comforter before she finally forced herself to stand.

 

Taking a quick shower, she wrapped herself in her towel and stared at the closet with narrowed eyes, then stuck her tongue out at it.  “Aiiiishhhh… why don’t you just tell me what to wear, oh closet of wonders!”  She cried, throwing her arms up in the air.

 

“…What the hell are you doing?”

 

Looking over her shoulder she grinned as she saw Cat standing there, one eyebrow raised and the toothbrush sticking out of .  “I’m demanding the Closet Gods to pick an outfit out for me.  I don’t know what to wear today.”

 

Cat paused for a moment, then rolled her eyes and wandered back into her room, spitting out the toothpaste in the sink.  “Of course you’d talk to your closet.  That’s the sane thing to do.”

 

“Heyyy… I never said I was sane.  You decided to become my sister.”

 

“If that was true, I would have a sister with some style.”  Grinning playfully, Cat laughed as Liz threw her pillow at her, catching it and wagging her finger at her.  “Now now, you know this is mine now.”

 

“Oh yea, sure okay, NOT.”   Liz rolled her eyes, then stared at her closet again.  “Why don’t I know what to wear?!”

 

“Because you’re too busy trying to think about what Chanyeol will wear.”  Cat muttered, sitting at her makeup table and pulling out the necessary tools for the day.

 

“What was that?  Little miss maknae lover?!”  Liz called in a playful tone, holding up her hand to her ear in a mocking manner.  “I’m pretty sure you were making some serious goo-goo eyes at someone you barely know!”

 

Scoffing, Cat rolled her eyes but carefully applied her concealer to a slightly reddened face, staring intently in the mirror.  “I have no idea what you’re talking about, Liz.  Just shut up and get dressed, okay?  We don’t have much time before-…!”  Right as she was about the finish, the doorbell rang.  Looking down at her PJs, she groaned knowing she was only half-done and about to go answer the door.  She couldn’t ask Liz to do it; the girl was only in a towel.  Creeping into the hallway, she nervously cleared .  “Come in!  It’s open!  Just… stay in the living room!”

 

Diving back into her room, she closed her door just as she heard the front door open and male voices fill the house.  Chuckling she shook her head, sitting back down at her makeup table to finish her face.   Suddenly panic struck her and she dropped her makeup brush; Sehun was out there.  Try as she would to deny it, she was attracted to him, no matter how much she ignored it.  His voice suddenly became very clear compared to the other two voices in the living room, and went dry.  At that moment Liz’s concerns about what she was going to wear became a very strong reality for her as well, and she looked at her closet with a worried expression. 

 

Eventually she decided on a pair of high-waisted white shorts with gold buttons and a loose flow-y blue tank top and white gladiator sandals. Pulling her hair up into a high ponytail, she twisted the strands around a curling iron until there were loose curls flowing from her scalp. Her makeup was simple with eyeliner and mascara, emphasizing the bright blue of her eyes. Slipping a pair of sunglasses onto her head she smiled nervously and nodded at her reflection.

 

                                                

As she stepped out of her room she saw Liz was ready too, rocking black shorts, crop top tanktop with a gray/green army style button up hanging loosely over. Multi colored graffiti hightops, a beanie and red sunglasses completed her look.

 

                                             

Finally ready, the girls went to the hallway and grinned, seeing the boys looking sharp, as usual.  Tao stood in the back, tall and moody looking, but with a brilliant smile when he saw Cat and Liz.  Chanyeol and Sehun were busy goofing off about something or other regarding the couch, when Tao hit them over the head with a pillow and pointed toward them.  “Be polite!”

 

Used to this treatment from the older hyungs, Sehun snapped to attention and smiled kindly, bowing at the middle as he waved to the girls.  Chanyeol on the other hand pouted, sticking his tongue out at Tao before finally nodding to them as well. 

 

Are you ready?”  Tao grinned, nearly bursting with excitement as he straightened his light black jacket.

 

Liz and Cat nodded, both very excited for this adventure in the city, and with these tour guides they were sure to get the star treatment as they explored.  “Sure!  We’re both very excited to do some shopping.  How are we getting there?”

 

Our van, of course.”  Chanyeol grinned, then walked over between them and throwing his arm around their shoulders and leading them toward the door.  “Come on ladies, let’s get cozy.”

 

Uhhhh…no.”  Cat chuckled as she slid backwards from his arm, almost immediately bumping into Sehun.  Flushing crimson she whirled around, her hands up apologetically.  “I’m so sorry!! I didn’t look where I was going..”

 

He smiled kindly, shaking his head and putting his hands on her forearms.  “It’s okay, Cat-ah.  Don’t worry about it.  It’s actually all Chanyeol’s fault!”  Grinning, he mock glared at the boy in front of them, causing Cat to giggle.

 

Eh?  What are you trying to blame on me now?”  Chanyeol called over his shoulder, his arm still casually draped over Liz’s shoulders. 

 

Just that you made me bump into Sehun.”  Cat chirped, grinning at the boy as she followed them toward the front door. 

 

Oh, yea, sure.  I’m sure that the puppy-eyed Sehun-ah really hated that you touched him.”

 

Chanyeol!”  Tao snapped, pointing at him.  “This is going to be a fun day for the girls, and the last thing we need is for you and Sehun-ah to fight.   Now get into that van before I have to make you.”

 

He paused, his mouth opened to retort before he finally sighed.  “Yea… I’m sorry.  Let’s have some fun, yea?”

 

The four of them piled into the van; long-legged Tao claiming the front seat, Liz and Chanyeol in the backseat, and Sehun and Cat in the middle.   The middle seat, being much shorter than the backseat kept them in close contact, but neither seemed to mind too much.  Chanyeol took advantage of the extra space to sprawl in the back seat, leaning against Liz comfortably.

 

Yahhh!  I’m not an arm rest.  Get off me!”  Liz protested, trying to push the boy off of her side, laughing as he planted his feet on the wall to fight her.  “Come onnnn!!!  What are you, twelve?!”

 

“…Twelve and a HALF.”  Chanyeol grinned, leaning firmly against her until she sighed and gave up, turning so both were more comfortable.  “Was that so hard?”

 

Pshhh… Don’t get used to this treatment.”  She flicked his ears, laughing as they popped out from under his beanie.  “They’re so cute!!”

 

Yah!!  Leave me alone!”

 

Then get off me!”

 

Their bickering ensued in the backseat as Tao leaned back to smile winningly at Cat. "So where would you want to go first? Are you hungry, or do you want to go straight to the shopping?"

 

Pausing, she pursed her lips in thought, her skin prickled and she looked over seeing Sehun watching her intently. Flushing, she smiled gently then turned her gaze back to Tao, who had a knowing smile on his lips but said nothing. "I really don't care either way. You're our guides, so whatever you deem to be the best idea!"

 

Chuckling he nodded, then turned and murmured to the driver to take them to the shopping district then settled back into his seat. Looking over at Sehun, she chuckled quietly as she heard Chanyeol protest as Liz did something to his ears. "It seems they're getting along quite well!"

 

"...It was me at the bar, too."

 

Cat paused, surprised and blinked at him. "Excuse me?"

 

"When you left the bar crying... I went over and tried to comfort you. I'm sorry if I scared you." He whispered, staring at the floor with an intense expression. "You looked so sad..."

 

tweaked up at the corner and she reached out, placing her hand on his nervously, surprised at how warm his hand was beneath hers. "You didn't scare me, Sehun-ah... I'm sorry I didn't look at you.. I-I had to leave." His hand turned and gently took hers, his thumb rubbing her palm.

 

"If... If anything scares you today, I-..." He paused and dropped her hand, shoving his hands into his pockets nervously.

 

Smiling she nodded, suddenly aware of his warmth against her side, as if he leaned closer into her subtly. "I know."

 

They arrived downtown, and Tao clambered out of the van first, sliding his sunglasses on first. Pulling the door open, the boys clambered out, and Liz climbed out before Cat did, but as she clambered out Sehun's hand darted to snatch hers. Carefully he helped her from the van and smiled at her softly, then walked after Tao who was excitedly chatting about all the shops they could go to. Sehun and Cat followed him closely while Liz and Chanyeol hung behind a little bit.

 

"I think they really like each other." Liz murmured, looking carefully at the couple in front of them. "What do you think?"

 

"Oh I know that he likes her. She's all he talks about at the dorm!" He chuckled, putting his hands in his pockets. "In fact when we left yesterday he was whining about how he wished she had talked to him more."

 

Laughing she shook head, rolling her eyes. "She needs someone in her life. She's been alone for far too long."

 

"And what about you?" He spoke quietly, looking at her sidelong. "Do you have anyone?"

 

"Nah. I'm a free spirit. I haven't been tied down in a long time."

 

An excited grin darted across his face, and he looked ahead at group ahead of them. Tao, of course, lead them into a high-end shop, preaching something about the quality of the fabric. The girls squealed and ran into the store, much to the amusement of Tao who ran in with them. Chanyeol and Sehun however leaned against the wall outside of the shop, sighing.

 

"Be careful, Sehun-ah." Chanyeol looked over at him, his expression suddenly very serious. "We can all see that you like her. And it seems that she likes you... but god. You have to tread lightly here. If you hurt her... then you are ruining our chances to succeed in the music industries."

 

"Me?! You need to be careful with Liz-unnie too. She's the actual choreographer! If either of us need to be careful, it's you. And I see that you're getting mighty cozy with her; planning your wedding yet?"

 

Chanyeol grinned, punching him in the arm lightly. "Yahhh. Hush."

 

About an hour later the girls reemerged, carrying a bag or two a piece, and Tao with his own collection of bags. Grinning excitedly, they walked over to them, thanking them for their patience. Tao immediately told them of another store down the road, and they took off down the street toward it, chattering excitedly.

 

Sehun laughed, shaking his head. "Well Chanyeol, it looks like it's going to be a long day!"