The Big Day!

Life Starts Here

The day had come; the day of the showcase. Nerves were frayed as the girls were finishing getting ready in their room.

 

"Liz!!! Are you sure I can pull this off?" Cat whined from inside Liz's bathroom, and the elder groaned and rolled her eyes as she fiddled with her hair in front of her mirror.

 

"You'll be fine! Just hurry up!" Liz yelled, stepping back to look at herself in the mirror. She wore a strapless black dress that hugged her like a second skin, black pumps and a matching jacket to tie it all together. Her hair was up in a loose knot, and rubies sparkled on their ears, finger and throat. Smirking in the mirror, she couldn't help but mutter, "Chanyeol... eat your heart out."

                            

 

"I don't knowww..." Cat muttered as she stepped out, and Liz turned around, her jaw dropping.

 

"Damn girl! Where are you hiding those curves?! And those legs!" Liz walked over, grabbing her sister's wrists and looking at her from head to toe. "Whoda thought one of my dresses would look that good."

 

"Oh ha ha. Very funny." Rolling her eyes, she stepped in front of the mirror and ran her hands down the front of her dress. She wore a white dress that was bisected with stripes of black that ended above the knee, and showed off her long legs down to the black strappy pumps she had on her feet. Her hair was also done up loosely like Liz's, but with a few extra twists. Black gems hung from her ears, and a thick black choker with a crescent moon hung on while Sehun's bracelet still sparkled on her wrist. "I guess this can work..."

                                

 

"Cat, you're going with Key. You have to look at least half as good as he does! SHINee's fashionista, you can't look like a chump." Liz protested, walking over and adjusting her sister's dress. "You're going to look great on his arm." She murmured, then sighed as Cat's face fell. "Cat, Sehun understands. He has to let this happen, to keep you safe."

 

"I know... I just wish he was here." Cat whimpered, staring at her reflection in the mirror. "I would like him to see."

 

"Oh he'll see you at the showcase, for sure. You and I are going to be in the front row, right by the stage and right by the cameras." Liz wrapped her arms around the young girl's shoulders, and squeezed gently. "And I bet he'll like you're still wearing his bracelet. So cheer up, and let's go get Nana."

 

Nodding, the girls walked down the hallway to Nana's room, chuckling as they saw the explosion of clothing in the hall and all over her room. "Having troubles, Nana?" Cat chuckled, raising her eyebrow at the young girl.

 

"I had a hard time finding out what to wear, okay? Shuddap!" Nana muttered, twisting her hair around her curling iron until it hung in it's usual loose waves down her back. She had decided on a painted on black dress like Liz, paired with sparkling silver jewelry. "Do I look okay?"

                            

 

"Girl, Kris may not like you that way, but he might after tonight." Cat teased, waggling her eyebrow at the girl and chuckled as she flushed.

 

"I don't want that!!!" Nana protested, smoothing her red lipstick with a napkin and standing nervously. "I just want to look nice..."

 

"And give Tao plenty of cleavage." Liz smirked, then looked at her phone as it blared from her hand. "Aiiissshh!!! The driver is here! We have to go!"

 

"Are the boys inside?" Cat asked, rubbing the back of her neck as nerves attacked her.

 

"No, they're downstairs in the lobby waiting for us." Taking a deep breath, Liz looked at the two girls and grinned. "Shall we?"

 

"Do we have a choice?" Nana muttered, then nodded, standing and walking toward the hall with the girls following.

 

They walked silently toward the elevator, and swallowed hard when the ding sounded, telling them they were at the floor. "Here we go..." Liz murmured under her breath, and all three girls took a deep breath to steady their nerves.

 

The silver doors opened, and they stepped out, seeing SHINee in their "Why So Serious" costumes, their backs to them currently. The MV had been released with high regard, and the fans absolutely adored the song, so it was natural they'd be performing this at the showcase. Kris was absent as he was at the showcase rehearsing, and would meet Nana there later. Upon hearing the click of their heels, the group turned, and their jaws dropped.

 

"Cat-ah..." Key breathed, his eyes wide as he stared at the girl. "Y-You look... beautiful." He murmured, walking forward and looking at her in shock.

 

Cat immediately noticed the comparison in their outfits, and looked at her sister with a faint glare, knowing she did that on purpose. "You like it? It's not too much?"

 

"On Key-ah's arm?! Oh no, it's not too much." Minho crowed, stepping over to the young girl and touching her cheek as he smiled reassuringly. "You look beautiful. As do the rest of you." He grinned, looking at Nana and Liz.

 

Onew hadn't said a word, but merely stared at Liz wide-eyed, swallowing hard. His shaking hands belied his nerves, and his mouth gaped to try to speak. Taemin chuckled and walked over to his hyung, clapping him on the shoulder. "Words are handy, Onew. You look beautiful, Liz."

 

Bowing her head, she flushed faintly, painfully aware of the reaction she was having on the leader. "Thank you, all of you."

 

"Okay, that's enough mush. The driver's going to have an aneurism if we're not out there in the next 20 seconds. He's been waving at you frantically this entire time." Nana chuckled, then brushed past the boys, linking arms with both Minho and Taemin. "Let's leave the pretend lovebirds be." The guys laughed as they nodded, walking with her to the limo and clambering inside.

 

"May I?" Key asked, holding out his arm to her and swallowing hard.

 

Cat flushed and nodded, sliding her hand through his arm, very aware how good Key smelled, and her breath caught. She felt guilty feeling so attracted to the idol, considering she was with Sehun, but it would only help in this situation... right? Quietly she allowed him to lead her out and help her into the limo, chuckling as the fangirls squealed appreciatively outside the newly constructed barriers. "I think we have some fans, Key-ah."

 

"Next thing we know, they'll be writing fanfics about us." He shook his head, smirking as he slid into the limo next to her, then laughed as dropped open. "Yes, I know they write about us. I've read a few, actually. Some are quite good." Grinning, he slid his arm around her as she shivered, frowning. "Are you cold?"

 

"No, you silly. It's June. I'm just... nervous." She admitted, flushing pink. Key opened his mouth to talk, but laughter erupted from the front of the limo, and they looked up, immediately distracted by the playfight that was ensuing between Nana, Minho and Taemin.

 

Meanwhile, the leader was fighting with his emotions and urges as he stared at the girl in front of him. "Liz-ah... You look beautiful." He mumbled, finally able to form words.

 

Liz blushed and lowered her head, walking over to him and sliding her hand around his forearm. "Thank you, oppa... I appreciate it." She murmured, looking at the hyung. Her eyes widened as she saw the tell-tale and oh-so-famous bulge in his trousers, and she whimpered quietly, looking away.

 

"What? Is something wrong?" He asked quickly, looking at her wide-eyed and nervous.

 

"N-No! It's fine. I just... I thought I saw something. Shall we?" Plastering a grin on her face, she gently pushed his arm until he moved on his own volition, entering the limo and laughing as the they too saw the fight.

 

Many laughs were had en route to the showcase, and Liz became very aware of how Onew's hand was placed strategically between the two of them, his fingers twitching as if he wanted to hold hers but was too afraid. She was also aware of how Key's arm did not leave her sister's shoulders through the entire drive, causing a faint smile to slide onto .

 

"Okay guys, while this isn't a red carpet, know there will be fans outside so we have to be careful, and presentable, okay?" Onew declared, leaning forward and straightening his outfit as he immediately slid into the leader persona.

 

The girls laughed as the boys immediately did the same, smoothing invisible wrinkles and removing non-existent lint. However their nerves reached the girls and they too smoothed their clothes, their hearts racing at a high pace.

 

"Kris will meet you outside in a moment, Nana-ah. Remember what Mr. President said, yea?" Liz murmured, reaching over and grabbing the girl's hand. "You need to be outside first, so he can go in immediately."

 

Nana nodded, her face paling nervously as she shuffled to the door, breathing deeply as the door opened. A dazzling smile was put on her face as the screams of fans reached her ears, but nerves were in her eyes. Stepping out, she looked up and saw Kris waiting a few steps away, and she walked over, immediately placing her hand in his and pulling to his side. Fans both screamed in happiness and sadness at the two of them, and Kris gripped her waist tightly, smiling softly at her as he turned to lead them inside.

 

Once they were safely in, Liz exhaled; she found she had been holding her breath the entire time. "Okay... Minho, Taemin, you're next." She gestured to the two boys, and they nodded, stepping out and straightening their white outfits, grinning and waving at the fans as they walked in.

 

"Key-ah, Cat... you're up." She murmured nervously to her sister, gripping her hand reassuringly over Key's lap. "Just breathe, and Key, don't let her trip."

 

Key laughed and nodded, sliding out of the limo to the screams, waving and smirking at the fans. With a flourish he held his hand into the limo, and Cat placed hers in his hesitantly, the fans outside screaming in excitement. Once Key led her outside, the fans erupted as she appeared, chanting her name happily.

 

"Smile, Cat. Smile." Key murmured to her quietly, looking at her nervously for a moment as she froze. This seemed to spark her back into reality, and she slid her smile on, waving to the fans and smiling happily. Key held her hand tightly, and after a moment they walked into the arena, leaving Onew and Cat in the limo.

 

Fans chanted Onew's name loudly, almost demanding their appearance. Liz looked over at him nervously, swallowing hard. "Onew... if I embarrass you..." She murmured, looking at him through her eyelashes.

 

The space between them was eaten up as Onew dove across the seat, pressing his mouth fervently to hers and his hands cupping the side of her face. She froze and melted into his kiss, her hands clutching his pant leg tightly. "You won't embarrass me... Now relax, and breathe. It's time." He murmured, wiping his mouth free of any trace of her lipstick as he flushed and slid toward the door. "I keep doing that... I'm sorry. I shouldn't... you're with Chanyeol."

 

"Uhm... no I'm not..." She whispered, lowering her gaze. "We split last week... He said he couldn't take it..."

 

Onew stared at her, his brow furrowed. "I'm so sorry... Are you going to be able to do this?" He murmured nervously, looking at her worriedly.

 

A smile slid onto , and she nodded gently. "I'll be fine. But we have to go, or we'll be late and rumors will start." She grinned, nodding toward the door where the fans were now screaming for the leader to appear.

 

Laughing, he stepped out the fan, the screams reaching a high as he waved to them all, holding his hand out for Liz. Placing her hand into his, she stepped out, receiving the same cries of excitement that her sister had. Together they walked inside, meeting up with the rest of the group.

 

Cat was staring off at the far wall nervously, swallowing hard and gripping Key's jacket tightly. "What's wrong with her?" Onew whispered, leaning over to Liz and murmuring in her ear.

 

Looking in the direction Cat was staring, she sighed heavily. "...Sehun has seen her."