…What Had he Done?

Life Starts Here

---Flashback ; Liz’s POV---

As Cat scurried off to find Sehun in the dressing room, Liz steeled herself as she made her way toward Chanyeol’s room.  She held herself a bit stiffly, nervous about how the idol would react; she definitely saw his jealousy with Onew, and knew she pushed the envelope a bit too much when it came to getting a rise out of him. 

 

She soon found the door, and knocked quietly, standing silent behind the door.  Slowly it opened, and Chanyeol’s face appeared around the gap.  He stared at her for a moment, and then stepped aside, allowing her to come into the room before closing the door quietly behind her.  He leaned against the makeup mirror, his arms folded on his chest and he stared at the floor, tapping his foot quietly.

 

Chanyeol…”  She began, but was cut off as he raised his hand quickly, his eyes looking up to lock with hers.  Her breath stopped as she saw the look in his gaze; it was a mixture of rage and deep heartbreak, and tears glimmered on his lashes.

 

How could you…?”  He whispered, his voice raw as he stared at her for a moment, and then straightened to his full height.  “How could you?!”  He repeated, louder this time, but his voice breaking with barely contained emotion.   “You leave me, for him?!  My better?!  My hyung?!”

 

Leave you?!  If I recall, you’re the one who split with me, oh wise Mr. Park.”  Liz snapped back, her ire rising as she stared at him in shock.  “You’re the one who couldn’t deal with me working with two groups at once!  You got too jealous so instead of talking through it, you broke my heart.”

 

I saw the way you’re dressed tonight!  The way you looked at him, the way he looked at you.  He is crazy about you and you know it, Liz!  You used me to get to him, admit it!”  He snarled, looking at her angrily, his face contorted with rage as tears spilled down his cheeks.

 

A strangled moan came from , as if she had been punched in the gut.  Doubling over, she wrapped her arms around her abdomen, sobs ripping through her.  “N-Never… I would never do that to you!  I loved you, Park Chanyeol!  And you were too jealous to see that!”  She sobbed, staring at him through tear stained lashes.

 

I loved you too… once.  But get out.  Go back to your precious date, Elizabeth.  Go back to your leader… what did you need a member for, when you could have a leader?  Maybe you’ll get lucky tonight; that’s what you wanted, right?”  He spat, turning away from her, half to not watch her cry, but also to hide his own tears from her. 

 

A strange feeling settled over her, as if her world was collapsing on her, and the entire room spun around.  Sobbing, she ripped open the door and raced from the room, covering her face as she brushed by various EXO members who wandered about.  Vaguely she heard them call after her, then run into Chanyeol’s room, but she was too busy running… from everything.  From her feelings, her memories, her past. 

 

She ran until a sharp cry caught her attention, which was soon followed by a pair of strong arms wrapping around her.  Mewling weakly, she struggled against the grip, soon hearing Onew begging her to tell him what was wrong.  Sobs ripped through her as she tried to explain what happened, her words barely anything more than blubbering. 

 

The leader stared at her for a moment, then slid his jacket off and placed it around her shoulders, wrapping his arms around her tightly as she sobbed.  Sighing, he gently scooped her up into his arms, burying her face into the crook of his neck.  He completely ignored the paparazzi barking at him to know what was wrong, and handed her to Minho who was waiting inside, pausing outside of the limo himself. 

 

His eyes narrowed, and he held up one finger to Minho who was about to ask what was wrong before turning sharply around and walking back inside, bee-lining back to Chanyeol’s dressing room.  With a closed fist he slammed it against Chanyeol’s door, his face stormy and hard.

 

Chanyeol opened the door, his teary eyes immediately becoming steely as he saw his hyung standing there.  Pushing the door open, it was clear that he had been berated by some other members of EXO, as Tao, Xiumin and Suho stood there, equally as pissed off.  “What, Onew-ssi.”  He muttered quietly, folding his arms over his chest.

 

What the hell is the matter with you, Chanyeol?!”  Onew cried, staring at the young idol incredulously.  “You knew she had to come here with me, you said you were okay with it.  Yet you break her heart right before she comes to support you?!  I just found her in tears in the hallway, and when she couldn’t tell me what was wrong, I just knew you had something to do with it.”

 

Oh and I bet you hate that, oh Onew?  Having Liz run into your arms in tears?  Helpless?  I know you’ve kissed her, and I know she didn’t fight back.”  Chanyeol growled, staring at him angrily, and hurt at the same time. 

 

Onew paused, his eyes wide as Chanyeol told him what he knew.  For a moment he foundered, then squared his jaw.  “That was a mistake on my behalf, and for that, I’ve apologized.  I just-….”

 

Didn’t expect to get caught?  Of course not.  You’re the innocent one, never causing drama.”

 

Shut up, Chanyeol!  It’s clear what Onew-ssi’s part in all this!  He’s concerned about the same person that you love, even if you don’t want to admit it.  He and Liz made a mistake, and if you really did love her the way you say you did, why the hell wouldn’t you want to forgive her?”  Xiumin protested, stepping forward and staring at the tall idol.  His face, usually placid and full of smiles, was cold and angry.

 

Why did I even bother coming here… It’s clear you didn’t really love her. You preach all this innocence and being victimized, but did you know all the times she’s broken down and cried because of you?  Ask Cat!”  Onew muttered, shaking his head sadly. 

 

Cat?  Don’t think I don’t see how Key is staring at her, too.  And if you think that I will let our maknae be hurt by another one of you-…”

 

I can take care of myself, Chanyeol.”  Sehun’s voice came calmly from behind Onew, causing all the idols to jump slightly.  The maknae came around the corner, his face calm as he stared at Chanyeol as he shoved his hands into his pockets.  “Cat and I have talked already, and she understands what’s going on.  Onew, I recommend you get back to the limo now.  As I understand you have to get back to the dorms sooner than we do.”  He spoke respectfully, bowing his head to Onew who nodded, glared one last time at Chanyeol before jogging off.

 

Sehun…”  Chanyeol spoke quietly, staring at Sehun with wide eyes.

 

Chanyeol, I can’t believe you treated her like that.  And worse, that you think Cat would doing that as well.  She and I talked everything through… despite having fought about it earlier.  Maybe if you had actually listened to Liz instead of allowing yourself to believe your own lies, this wouldn’t be happening.”  Sehun frowed, shaking his head.  “I recommend trying to talk to her… before you lose her forever.  I won’t listen to you whine anymore.”  Sighing, he his heel and walked off, pulling his jacket on over his shoulders as he ran his hands through his rainbow hair.

 

One by one the rest of the guys followed suit, silently leaving Chanyeol to his own misery as they left him behind.  No one was happy with the rapper, but at the same time, they weren’t happy with Liz, either.  Neither party had handled things very well, and after the high from their comeback, this definitely wasn’t what they wanted to happen.

 

Chanyeol grumbled to himself, staring at the floor before feeling a very similar sensation of “world crumbling” that Liz had.  Falling to his knees, he pressed his forehead to the cool floor, sobbing quietly until he gasped for breath, clutching at his abdomen.  Soon his coordi-noona found him, and quickly hovered over him worriedly, until Chanyeol shooed her away, mumbling something about a bad headache.  Quietly he stood, grabbed his jacket off the back of the chair and walked after her, staring at the ground as he made his way back to the EXO vans. 

 

The rest of the guys fell quiet as he got inside, taking the empty front seat silently.  Wrapping his coat around him, he stared sullenly out of the windshield as the guys behind him began chatting absently, laughing about their showcase and comeback, and wondering what it could mean for them.  But all Chayneol could think about was… What had he done?