This Should be Fun!

Life Starts Here

The day after the filming followed the usual pattern: showers, food, movies, and relaxing. The guys and girls all had their own locations sprawled around the living room, half of them asleep and the other half absently watching some drama on the television. Nana and Tao were snuggled up on the floor, Nana curled up in front of the long-limbed idol, while he had his arms wrapped around her shoulders protectively. Cat and Sehun were tucked up in an arm chair, half asleep as they cuddled close under a light blanket.

 

Liz and Chanyeol? Well, they were sitting on the deck, staring off into the sunset, which appeared crisp and clear from the early winter air. It had snowed the night of their filming, much to the amusement of Xiumin, who had ran around declaring that this was his doing. Wrapped in a warm blanket, Liz sat under Chanyeol’s arm, neither of them saying a word as they just watched the sunset behind the buildings.

 

After a few moments of silence, Liz rolled her head back and looked up at the idol, smiling softly as she saw how red his ears were. “Chanyeol… your ears are cold.” Reaching up, she pressed her hands over his lobes, chuckling at how cold they felt against her own skin. “I told you to wear a hat.”

 

Chanyeol scoffed, and then looked down at her sideways, the corner of his mouth quirking into a cocky grin. “The cold doesn’t bother me anywayyyy.” He sang in a sing-song voice, causing Liz to groan and push at him.

 

“Really?! A Disney quote!? Oh god Chanyeooooool.” She whined, unable to help herself from laughing as he jumped up, pulled his arms into his sleeves and waddled around. “What the heck are you doing?!”

 

“Hi! I’m Chanyeol! And I like warm Liz’s.” He chuckled, diving at her and wrapping his arms around her and nuzzling his cold nose into her neck. “What do you want to do today?”

 

“I don’t knowwww… And stop doing that! Your nose is cold!” She protested, fighting him until she realized it was futile and just stood there, thinking. “Well, there’s always that haunted house you’ve talked about so much.”

 

Chanyeol shrugged, stepping away from her and shoving his hands into his pockets. “I bet it’s closed with the snow.” A thought occurred to him, and he grinned, looking up at her in excitement. “But I bet Mr. President could get permission for us to go!”

 

Laughing Liz nodded, folding her arms over her chest due to the cold. “I bet he could! Want to invite the rest of them?” She asked, jerking her head toward the glass door, seeing everyone just laying inside in a daze.

 

Without answering her, Chanyeol smiled cheekily and dove inside, bellowing loudly and throwing his hands around excitedly. Those who were asleep jerked awake quickly, and looked at him through sleepy eyes, all in various stages of confusion.

 

“Yaaaa… Chanyeol what the heck are you yelling about?” Kris muttered from his spot on the floor, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand.

 

“You woke me up, dude!” Xiumin chirped from his usual spot under the table, rubbing the sore spot on the top of his head from where he had hit the table in surprise. One eye was clenched shut while the others peered at him with thinly-veiled annoyance.

 

“Sorry, sorry.” Chanyeol murmured, holding his hands up in apology, but the goofy grin still in place. “I woke you up because Liz had a great idea. Why don’t we go to the haunted house?!”

 

“It’s closed, you idiot.” Tao grumbled, burying his face into Nana’s neck. “If you haven’t noticed, it’s winter.”

 

“Thanks to me!” Xiumin grinned as he clambered out from under the table, brushing off his clothes.

 

“Hey Xiu, I reeeeally don’t think it’s because of you.” Cat chuckled sleepily, stretching as she yawned, looking at Sehun who was glowering as he struggled to wake up. “Otherwise I could never wear a skirt around Windboy, here.”

 

Sehun grinned, wrapping his arms firmly around her. “That’s right.” He purred, causing the guys around them to playfully gag and hit him with a pillow.

 

“I’m sure Mr. President could get it open somehow.” Suho murmured, rubbing the back of his neck thoughtfully.

 

Immediately the rest of the guys leapt to attention, all of them - minus an eerily quiet Tao - suddenly excited about the potential opportunity. Luhan crept forward, looking at Suho with wide eyes and looking very much like the “deer” their fans claimed he was. “Do you think he’ll go for it?”

 

Suho stared down at him for a moment, a playful smile tugging at the corner of his mouth. With an exaggerated sigh he threw his hands up into the air. “Fiiiiine. I’ll ask him!” When everyone cheered he pulled out his phone and dialed, walking off into the hallway, leaving everyone else excited about the planning.

 

This will be awesome!” Baekhyun crowed, hopping up and throwing his fist into the air in excitement.

 

“We’ll need to make sure everyone’s warm. It’s very cold out there.” Liz piped up, nodding from under Chanyeol’s arm, who was grinning like an idiot.

 

“Not a problem!” Kris hopped up, running down the hallway toward their rooms, bumping past Suho as he returned, grinning excitedly.

 

“He said he’ll arrange it, and we need to be ready to go within an hour. So c’mon guys! Let’s go!”

 

In a flash everyone jumped up, racing down the hallway to their rooms. Cries of protest erupted almost instantly as the guys bickered over who owned what clothing. Meanwhile the girls stood in the living room, snickering as they could hear the guys getting ready.

 

“We should probably think about going to get our own gear, don’t you think? I mean, as crazy as they are, it shouldn’t take them too long to get their winter stuff on.” Nana murmured quietly, folding her arms over her chest.

 

You’re probably right. Sehun-ah! We’re going to go get our stuff!” Cat called down the hallway, not bothering to wait for a response as a particularly loud crash came from the guys room. “Let’s just go.”

 

Together the girls walked down the hall, waving to the other idols as they wandered down the halls. Linked arm in arm they strolled quietly until they got to their rooms, and had arrived back to the guys’ suite before they were all even close to dressed.

 

“Oh come ON, guys! It’s not that hard!” Nana groaned, tugging her hat down firmly onto her head.

 

The girls were dressed simply, but warmly. Liz was wearing skinny jeans, black, red and white sneakers and a white zip-up jacket. Her hair was left to curl down onto her shoulders loosely, and a pair of dark sunglasses rested on the top of her head. Cat wore white skinnies, a red jacket and black boots, but accessorized with white hobo gloves and a panda hat, complete with ears.  Nana seemed to be the perfect blend of the two with jean skinnies, a red jacket, black heeled sneakers and blue sunglasses.  

  ----                     

                                     

 

“Hey! WE’RE done, aren’t we?!” Baekhyun protested, folding his arms over his chest as he nodded toward himself, Chen and D.O.

 

Giggling, Liz looked at him with an arched eyebrow. “You look like a marshmallow, Baek.” At her words, Baekhyun’s jaw dropped open, sending the girls into peals of laughter.

 

“Yaaaa!! If I’m a marshmallow, can I at least be a manly marshmallow?” He pouted, fiddling with the zipper on his jacket absently.

 

“Sure, Baeky. Whatever you want.” Cat chuckled, grinning as she saw Sehun walk from his room, tugging his hat over his ears. “Awh, don’t you look precious. Except your hat isn’t down far enough.” Grabbing the ear flaps, she gave it a vicious tug and laughed as it covered his face.

 

Hey! That’s not nice.” He grinned, fixing his hat then flicking the ears on her panda beanie. “This looks cute on you.

 

Liz scowled playfully, socking Sehun lightly in the arm. “Okay you two, enough of the mush. Is everyone ready yet!?” She called down the hall, resting her fists on her hips and arching her eyebrow. “We’re going to be late!”

 

A scurry of activity down the hall brought Xiumin running, followed quickly by the rest of the guys with Kris bringing up the rear. “Sorry about that!” Xiumin chirped, adjusting his own bomber hat on his head. “Kris was insisting on trying everything he had on.”

 

Scoffing, Kris adjusted the collar of his jacket, pursing his lips playfully. “Hey, cameras might be there. I need to look my best.” When a chorus of mocking laughter came from the group, he shoved his hands into his pockets and walked toward the door, muttering about being late.

 

“Oh come on Kwissss!” Cat chirped, running at the tall idol and jumping at his back, wrapping her arms around his neck until he carried her piggy back. “You know we love you.” She laughed, kissing him on the cheek. “Don’t be mad.”

 

Spinning around until Cat cried out in laughter, Kris paused and grinned at the maknae. “You see that? I got your girl to give me a kiss. That means she’s mine now! Bye!” Without waiting for Sehun to protest, he took off down the hallway toward the elevator, his laughter mixing with Cat’s as he used his long legs to his advantage to escape the rest of the group.

 

“Looks like she’s been taken, Sehun.” Liz murmured quietly as she forced her face to look serious. “I guess that means you’re single.”

 

Nana laughed as Sehun immediately went along with it, crying out in mock heartbreak and clapping his hands to his face. “Go fight for your woman! Go! Get!”

 

Steeling himself, he nodded. “I’ll get her back!” He cried as he took off after Kris, his long legs quickly shortening the distance between the two of them as he ran toward the elevator.

 

“…Those two are weird.” Liz murmured, shaking her head as she chuckled. Chanyeol appeared and slid his arm around her shoulders, looking down at her fondly. “I think we should go with them, to make sure that nothing stupid happens.”

 

Kai scoffed, zipping his jacket up as he stepped from the hallway. “Then you’re in for a pointless battle with those two, you know that right? They’ll just keep going, and going and going.”

 

For a moment Nana stared at him, brows furrowed as if she was concentrating. “Kai-ssi… Are you wearing the same jacket as Sehun?” She asked with mirth in her voice, reaching over and touching the black stripes across his chest. Immediately his face flamed red, and he spluttered for a moment before snorting derisively and walking away. “I think I struck a nerve.” Nana chuckled, looking at Tao who appeared to be trying to hide away in his oversized jacket. “Baby, are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine.” He muttered tersely, taking her hand and walking toward the door. “C’Mon, we’re going to be late.”

 

Obediently the rest of the group followed behind the two, Liz and Chanyeol hanging behind to lock the door to the suite. As she turned to lock the door, she felt his arms encircle her waist and she chuckled. “Channie. You shouldn’t. Not here.”

 

A deep chuckle caused goosebumps to rise on her arms as he nuzzled into her neck. “And why not? Everyone knows you’re mine.” He murmured, his lips grasping at her earlobe, causing her to shiver in delight.

 

“Be that as it may… You shouldn’t. It’s not professional.” She groaned, twisting around in his arms to face the idol, who was grinning goofily at her. “And you know I’m all about professional.” Her arms wound around his neck silkily, and she stood on her toes to kiss him softly, chuckling as he grabbed her around the waist and held her close.

 

“Easy, you two.”

 

Surprised at the unfamiliar voice, Liz whirled around and looked to the side, her jaw dropping open. “L-Leo?”

 

The idol paused, blinking as he looked at her with a faint grin. “You know who I am?”

 

She has your albums, Leo-ssi. Aaaand your photocards” Chanyeol smirked, pressing his forehead to her cheek as she gaped.

 

Liz was lost as she stared at the idol, her heart beating painfully against her ribs. Leo. From VIXX. Her bias from VIXX was standing right in front of her! After a moment she flushed pink and cleared , stepping away from Chanyeol and bowing politely. “It's very nice to finally meet you. Channie often said he knew you, but I always thought he was lying.”

 

Shyly Leo chuckled, bowing in return as well. “Well, can't have... 'Channie'... being though to be a liar, now can we?”

 

“Yaaaa! Always knew you'd have my back, hyung!” Chanyeol grinned, sliding his arm around Liz when he saw she was still trembling. “We're off to the haunted house with the guys and Liz's friends; want to come with?” He asked, throwing his thumb over his shoulder in the direction of the elevator.

 

Sheepishly Leo held up his hands, shaking his hands as he smiled softly. “No thank you. I appreciate the offer, but we have to get back to rehearsal. You guys should come see us at some point; I'm sure the other guys would want to meet you.”

 

Without hesitation, Liz grinned and nodded excitedly. “I'm sure my sister would lose her mind to finally meet N; that's her bias without a doubt.”

 

“Is she the one who's dating Sehun-ah? I'm sure he'd love to hear that.” Leo laughed, grinning at Chanyeol who nodded. “It was nice to meet you, but I have to go. Hope to see you later.” Bowing briefly he waved and ran down the hall, leaving Chanyeol laughing at the expression on Liz's face.

 

“Hey, earth to Liz. You're still my girl, right? Still dating me?” He laughed, nudging her with his elbow until she chuckled and nodded.

 

“Yes yes, I am. Don't worry about that, tall one. But we have to get going, or the others will kill us.” Liz grabbed his hand and turned to walk toward the elevator. As they walked, her mind wandered, as she was still in shock over whom she had just met. Part of her was chuckling over how she was still so easily starstruck when it came to idols, but the other part was too busy fangirling over her bias. Vaguely she was aware of Chanyeol chattering, and as she looked back up at him, a warmth settled over her and she nuzzled into his side, sliding her arms around his waist tightly. However, a grin settled onto her lips as she pondered how her sister would react to the news. They were going to be meeting VIXX!