The Right Choice

Life Starts Here

“I totally claim being maid of honor for, by the way.” Cat declared, flipping her hair over her shoulder as she smirked when they walked down the hallway.

 

“You know, I was actually thinking about asking Tao to be the maid of honor.” Liz teased, her eyes glimmering with amusement as she glanced at the younger girl. “I bet he’d lose his mind over all the colors and fabric options.”

 

A laugh burst free of Cat as the girls rounded the corner to their dorm, causing Chanyeol, who was waiting by the door, to arch an eyebrow at the two. “Something funny?”

 

Yea, but you wouldn’t get it. Girl stuff.” Cat chirped, grinning up at the taller idol. “Do you know where Sehun is?”

 

He’s inside, waiting for you. Have a good night, Cat.” Chanyeol smiled, bowing his head at her as she darted inside the room, her greeting to Sehun fading as the door shut behind her. “Ready to go?”

 

Of course.” Liz murmured quietly, sliding her arm through his as he stepped forward to her side. “Where are we going?”

 

Why can’t you just be surprised?” Chanyeol chuckled, grinning at the girl as he leaned down, placing a soft kiss on her forehead. “Patience, Lizzy. Patience.” With another small laugh, Chanyeol tugged her toward the elevator again, wrapping his arms around her as the door shut behind them, a soft smile on his face. “You’re going to love it.”

 

With a playful whine, she rolled her eyes and leaned into his chest. “Okay okay, you pabo. I'll wait and let you surprise me with your super secret date.” Grinning up at him, she winked and scrunched up her nose.

 

Together the two of them made their way out of the dorms, diving into the waiting car before the saesangs were able to surround them, much to Chanyeol's chagrin. “I love our fans, but at the same time... it's just annoying from time to time. We can't do anything without them somehow finding out.”

 

I didn't tell anyone. But trust me; they can find things out. Fans are... determined.” Liz murmured as she chuckled, rolling her eyes as she buckled into her seat, Chanyeol's arm soon sliding around her shoulders.

 

You sound like you speak from experience, Lizzy.” He smirked, arching his eyebrow as he looked down at the slender girl, the corners of his mouth lifted in a wry smile.

 

Immediately a flush darted onto Liz's cheeks, and she stammered, looking around the van wildly, as if for help. “I-... uhm... Well I was a super fan of many Kpop groups for so many years that it was hard to not figure out their schedules.”

 

Ooooh look at that. The truth comes out!”

 

Yaaaaa! Don't you dare lump me into a group with the saesangs.” Holding up a hand warningly, she glared at her fiance warningly, staring at him intensely. “I knew their schedules, but I was one of those fans that tried to hold the saesangs back, got it?”

 

Okay, okay baby. I got it.” He beamed and kissed her forehead gently as the van took off from the curb. “I just hope you're my fan, and no one else's.”

 

Of course I am your fan, you dweeb. Who else would I bias?” Liz replied quietly, smiling gently as she reached up and laced her fingers with the hand resting on her shoulder. Tilting her head onto his shoulder, she sighed in delight as she allowed her eyes to flutter shut.

 

I'm so happy you said yes, Liz... I really am... You have no idea how happy I am to know that someday you're going to become my w-wife.”

 

At his stammer her eyes flicked open, and she beamed at him, seeing the nervous expression on his face. “Channie, we've been through so much crap that if I hadn't said yes to you I would have been the dumbest woman alive. And my sister is already declaring that she's my maid of honor. I told her I wanted Tao.”

 

Bursting out into laughter, Chanyeol's eyes crunched shut as he tossed his head back. “Oh god he'd lose his mind. Not to mention Nana would go berserk because he probably wouldn't shut up about it. But you are choosing Cat, neh?”

 

Giggling at his reaction she nodded, running her hand through her hair. “Of course Cat will be the maid of honor, but it was fun to nonetheless. You should have seen the look on her face!” A thoughtful look crossed her face as she turned her face up to his, her eyes curious. “Do you think Sehun will...”

 

Ahhhh I'm not allowed to say anything!” Chanyeol immediately yelped, clapping a hand over as he shook his head quickly. “If I even gave out any hints about him even considering it right now he'd kill me. He knows everything... creepy maknae.”

 

Neh neh, okay. You're off the hook thiiiis time, Chanyeol. But I better know when it happens, okay?!” Liz grinned before looking out the window as the van slid to a stop. “This is the restaurant-...”

 

Where we all met, where we had Cat's birthday, yes. It's not super fancy but it has a lot of memories of you here, so why not add another one?” Without waiting for a response, he stepped out of the van once the door open, sweeping into a playful bow as he extended his hand to her, assisting her from the van. “My lady.”

 

Touched by his cheesiness, a goofy smile found it's way onto Liz's lips as she nodded, smiling happily. “My knight in dorky armor.” She giggled as she took his hand and stepped out of the car, smoothing her clothes quickly as the fans swarmed them immediately. Giving them a polite smile, she stepped past them, ushering Chanyeol inside quickly. “We may have to rethink this restaurant for a while; the fans know we come here now.”

 

I'm not giving up on this place just because some of our fans know it's our place. It's special.” He smiled softly at her as he held out his hand for her coat, taking it and hanging it up in the closet before clapping his hands together. “Now, let's eat!”

 

The waiter, eager as usual to see them, quickly lead them over to their usual table, but this time was closed off from the rest of the public, surrounded by folding walls and flowers. Liz's hand fluttered to her lips as she looked around, smiling happily at the candles and the already poured champagne. “C-Channie...”

 

Grinning wordlessly, he stepped forward and pulled out her chair, taking her wrist and leading her over to seat her before slowly pushing her seat in. Sliding into the seat next to her, he smiled and handed her a champagne flute, taking his own in his fingers. “To us. To our past, present, and future. To our engagement, marriage, and anything else EXO and the Sisters have coming up.” He grinned, gently clinking his glass to hers.

 

The Sisters? You make us sound like we're debuting or something.” Chuckling, Liz clicked her glass against his, sipping at the sweet drink appreciatively, humming as she swallowed. “This is really good.... Channie don't tell me you spent a lot!”

 

Don't worry about that, noona.” He replied teasingly, winking at her as he signaled to the waiter, who immediately brought out a plate of bulgolgi, which had Liz's mouth watering almost instantly as it hit the grill. “Everything is taken care of, and you just need to sit back and enjoy it, okay?”

 

For the first time in weeks, a weight lifted off of Liz's shoulders, and she sighed gently as she leaned back into her chair, sipping gingerly at the champagne. Holding up her hand, she smiled as she looked at the ring on her finger, admiring how it gleamed in the dim light before looking over at Chanyeol and smiling lovingly. “Thank you, Park Chanyeol... for this, for... for everything.”

 

Yaaa... don't get all teary eyed! Not right before we eat.” He smiled softly as he leaned close, pressing his forehead to hers as he took her hand in his, brushing his thumb over the band on her finger before kissing her gently. “Wait to get all emotional after you have a full tummy.”

 

Laughing happily, she rolled her eyes as she looked up while the server quickly pulled food off the grill and onto their plates. Bowing her head politely, she swept her hair over her shoulder to keep it out of her way. Placing down her glass, she delicately picked up her chopsticks and smiled at Chanyeol, who mirrored her movements almost exactly. “We've been together too long.”

 

What? Why?”

 

You're already copying everything I do. Jeez talk about a stalker.” Grinning playfully at the lanky idol, she laughed and picked up a piece of the sizzling meat with her chopsticks, blowing on it before chewing thoughtfully, humming happily. “Mmm... so good. As usual.”

 

Unable to speak due to his own full mouth, Chanyeol merely nodded quickly, eyes crinkling as he smiled. The two then fell into a comfortable silence as they ate, Chanyeol occasionally placing the choicest meats onto her plate for her enjoyment, winking at her gently.

 

Too soon for Liz's liking, the meat, rice, and other foodstuffs had gone into their mouths, and both were leaning back in their chair, patting their stomachs happily. Looking over at Chanyeol, she snorted and rolled her eyes as she watched him undo his belt. “Jeez. If people saw that they'd think I ravished you here or something.”

 

Like I'd say no to that!” Chanyeol chirped, folding his arms behind his head as he allowed his eyes to close. “Besides, we've done it in weirder locations.”

 

Hissing at him, Liz reached over and smacked his thigh, ignoring his bark of laughter. “Shhhh, you idiot! Not here!” She whined, pouting cutely at him as he glanced over at her through his eyelashes.

 

Okay, okay. I give. Buuuut... on to more pressing matters. How are we going to do this wedding?” He murmured, looking over at her as he slowly sat up. “Are we... getting married here? In the states for your family? I'll do whatever you want.”

 

For a moment Liz sat in silence, her mind racing as she thought. She did have friends back home, but she had been gone so long, would anyone even care about her getting married...? With a slow grin, she looked up at him and shook her head. “My parents can come here if they want. We're getting married where we're staying; in Korea.” As the grin spread across Chanyeol's features, Liz's heart leapt as she realized she had made the right choice. The right choice in man, wedding, everything. Leaning over to him, she kissed him tenderly as her hand rested on his cheek. “We have plenty of time to plan, Channie... Plenty of time.”

 

 

 


Oh my gosshhhhh my loves! I’m so sorry about the delayed chapter. I’ve been trying to find time to get these done but things have been CRAZY the past few months. I promise to find time to write more chapters on their adventures.

This chapter was tiny, I know. ;-; BUT I'm working on figuring out a plot line for the upcoming chapters soooo... stay tuned!