About Damn Time!

Life Starts Here

     Everyone had piled into the boy’s dorm; all fifteen of them crowded around their flat screen TV in various places.  Some were on the couch, some on cushions on the floor and some even sprawled out on the carpet. 

      Liz and Chanyeol were curled up on a large cushion leaning against the wall; his chin resting on the top of her head as they both dozed, having fallen asleep 20 minutes into the movie.  Nana was laying on her stomach between Tao and Luhan, her chin resting on her fists as she stared at the movie, giggling.  Tao was shooting daggers at Luhan who appeared oblivious as he and Nana whispered quietly, giggling at the movie.   Cat and Sehun however, sat on the couch.  Sehun had his back against the arm of the couch and Cat was snuggled up between his legs, resting her back on his chest.  His arms were wrapped around her warmly, and both looked very sleepy as they stared bleary eyed at the screen.

      The guys were in various states of “asleep” around the room as well, and it became very apparent that Tao, Nana and Luhan were the only three actually functioning.  Nana laughed heartily at a joke that Luhan muttered to her under her breath, causing Tao to sigh and roll onto his back, away from them.  Looking up he saw Cat staring at him sleepily, and crooked her finger at him to come close.

     “You’re jealous.”  She murmured quietly, careful to not disturb the dozing Sehun.  “I can tell.”

      “Hn.  Am not.”  Tao protested, leaning against the couch beside her.

      “I can see it on your face, Tao-ah. You’re jealous.  You should probably do something about that like… tell her?”  She chuckled, shifting in Sehun’s arms to be able to speak with Tao easier.  Watching the young guy’s face flush, she smiled softly and reached out to touch his shoulder.  “You know… if you don’t tell her, something may happen you’ll regret.”

       Tao nodded slightly, sighing dejectedly as he saw Nana once again laugh at something Luhan said.  Grumbling he stood, shuffling off toward the back room.  Sehun breathed in sharply at the sound, waking up from his doze and looking around blearily.  The credits began to roll on the movie and he sat up, rubbing his eyes.  “Hello sleepyhead.”   Cat chirped, tapping his nose with her forefinger.  Grumbling he leaned forward, nuzzling his face into her neck, muttering something about being tired.  She laughed as he pulled her tight, squeaking in protest.  “Lemme go!!!  Sehunnnnnnnn!”  She squealed, causing the rest of the guys around her, including Kris who was snoring on the opposite end of the couch to jerk awake at the sound.

     “What the hell are you two doing?!”  Suho cried grumpily from his spot on the floor, sitting up and rubbing his face.

    “Sehun is trying to finally seal the deal with Cat-ah, it appears.”  Xiumin replied, still curled up in a ball with his hoodie tugged tight around his face.

     “Aishhh… Sehun, do that somewhere else.”   Kris complained as he stretched his legs out, pushing at the two of them. 

     “You guys are just jealous.”  Sehun smirked, starting a foot fight with his hyung, Cat squeaking in surprise as she dove to the floor to avoid the flying feet.

     “Oh look what you’ve done now, Kris.  You’ve scared Cat away!”  Lay grinned as he slunk over to the girl, grabbing her arms as she laughed to try to run away.  “You’re making our wittle maknae miss out on his chance!”

     “His chance for what, exactly?”  Cat tugged at Lay’s grip, unable to help herself as he easily overpowered her, and she laughed, folding in half in defeat.  “Lemme goooooo…”

     “Be nice, Lay.”  Liz warned, her and Chanyeol having woken up and were now surveying the situation quietly from their corner.  Chanyeol was rubbing sleep from his eyes, and was getting a mischievous grin on his face.  “Don’t you dare, Yeolie.”

     “…Yeolie?  Really?  Wow.”  Chen smirked, his hand making a whipping motion in the air, causing the guys around him to chuckle.   Chanyeol howled in mock rage and leapt from his spot on the floor, tackling his friend to the floor, a wrestling match in the works.  Luhan, Kai and Suho immediately joining in on the fun.

      “You guys go from sleepy to stupid in .025 seconds, don’t you!”  Nana cried between fits of giggles, holding her stomach as she laughed until tears streamed down her face.  “Lay is wrestling Cat, Sehun and Kris are foot fighting on the couch, and Chanyeol, Luhan, Kai, Chen and Suho are all wrestling on the floor.  Damn.”

      “That’s EXO for ya.”  Cat giggled, still tugging at Lay’s hands.  “Sehun-ahhhh…”  She whined, laughing as Lay grinned mischievously.   “Help meeeee.”

      “Yea Sehun!  Help your lady love!”  Lay mocked, his voice in a playful falsetto as he wrapped his arms around Lay tightly and lifted her from the floor.  “I’ll be taking her hostage!”  He laughed, his hand twisting an imaginary mustache.  “You’ll find her tied to the train tracks!”

     Cat laughed as he tossed her over his shoulder, reaching her hands out to Sehun in a mock plea.  “Help me, oh heroic one!”

      “I’ll save you!!!”   He crowed, leaping to his feet as he jumped toward Lay who barked with laughter and ran away, Cat helpless on his shoulder.  “Lay!  Slow down, damnit!  You’ll hurt her!”  After a moment he caught up and grabbed Cat’s hands, pulling her free from Lay’s grasp and wrapping her tight in her arms.  “I have rescued you!!  Now, for my prize!”  He smirked, speaking in a loud voice and causing all the members to pause in their battles and stare at him.

      Smoothly he leaned forward, pressing his mouth to hers tenderly, causing choruses of “awhhh!!” and “About time!” to ring around the room.  Breaking the kiss he leaned back and chuckled at her red face, tapping her on the nose.  “I told you they’d be okay with this.”  He murmured, kissing her warmly again.

     "Cat-ah, you can’t tell us you’re not dating him now!  We just saw you kiss!”  Chen grinned smugly, his head popping up from behind the couch where he and the other guys had been fighting.

    “Yea, you saw this one.”  Nana smirked, sitting cross legged on the floor and tilting her head playfully.

     “Wait… you guys have kissed before?!”  D.O. questioned loudly, sitting on the arm of the couch, his eyes wide.  “How did we not know?!”

     “Because you guys are painfully oblivious.”  Liz giggled as she walked over and pulled the defeated Chanyeol from the floor.  “I’m surprised you guys noticed it when it was right in front of you!”

     “Be careful Lizzy dear… Or things may become apparent.”  Cat warned, raising her eyebrow at her sister and leaning into Sehun’s chest.  Liz gaped for a moment, then bit her lip and nodded sheepishly, causing Cat to smirk.   

     “Well regardless, congratulations guys.”  Xiumin declared from his spot under the table, and all the guys nodded enthusiastically.  “Two guys down, ten more to go!” 

     Tao had wandered back into the room and grinned at Cat and Sehun, though Cat could see he wasn’t happy.  “About damn time, Sehun.  I was going to announce it for you, you were taking so long.”

     “Wait, how the hell did you know?”  Sehun demanded, his eyes wide in surprise.

      “I saw you guys in the dance studio two days ago.  You two weren’t necessarily secretive about it.”  He smirked, winking at Cat who flushed crimson.  “And that’s a very nice present.”  He gestured to her bracelet, causing the guys to gasp again.

     “That was from you, Sehun?!”  

      “Our maknae?!” 

      “When did you get that?!”

      “HOW did you get that?!”

     Sehun chuckled, shrugging cryptically.  The room roared with protests and questions but Sehun ignored them, looking down at the girl he held in his arms.  A smile slid on his lips, and he gently kissed her forehead before walking back to the couch and settling her on his laps, arms around her waist loosely.

     “Well what are we going to do now?  Another movie?”  Xiumin proposed, crawling out from under the table and removing his hood, his hair sticking out every which way causing the girls to giggle.  Cat crawled down from Sehun’s lap and sat near him, smoothing his hair down carefully. 

     “I don’t think so, Xiuminnie.  I’m very tired and just want to go to bed.”  She murmured, stifling a yawn as she fought against his static electricity.  A sly smile came onto his face and she giggled, shaking her head.  “No, not that way.  You evil creature.”  She swatted at him, leaning back and giving up on the battle with his hair.

     “I don’t know why you guys are so tired; I’m wide awake!”  Nana bragged, putting her hands on her hips and sticking her tongue out. 

     Luhan chuckled, shaking his head.  “Well, some of us didn’t have the opportunity to take a nap like you, Nana-ah.”  Ruffling her hair with his hand, he dodged her swat and grinned.

      Liz looked up at Tao in the kitchen who was currently glowering at Luhan over a glass of milk.  “Yea, we should probably go to bed, and let these guys sleep.  Nana, you should come with us so you don’t get lost.  Hey Tao, I forgot I have that CD you let me borrow in our room; wanna come with to pick it up?”

    Tao looked at her blankly for a moment, and then realization sparkled into his eyes.  Swallowing his drink he nodded, wiping the back of his mouth with his hand and putting his cup in the sink.  “Yea, sure.  That’s fine.”

     Casting a quick look at Liz, Cat smiled up at Sehun.  “I’m going to go, Sehunnie.  I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?”  She murmured, kissing his cheek.  

    “Why can’t I come with you…?”  He whispered in her ear, obviously noticing the look she had given her sister. 

     “I’ll explain later.”  Kissing him briefly she stood up, grabbing her phone and stuffing it in her pocket.  Liz had already said good night to Chanyeol and the others, having explained earlier what was going on.  “Good night everyone!”  She grinned, bowing slightly as she walked to the door and slid her shoes back on. 

     Nana scooped up her bag and headed toward the door, waving absently at the guys as she slid her shoes back on and followed the small group into the hallway.  “Are you sure it’s okay I stay with you?  Won’t you get in trouble?”

      Liz shook her head, smiling absently.  “Nah.  We’re fine. Mr. President knew we’d have some guests from time to time, which is why he gave us the three bedrooms.  I bet he also thought our place would be a hidey-hole for some of the members when they fight.”  Rolling her eyes, Liz chuckled as they got into the elevator, Tao quietly pressing the button to their floor.

     Nana grinned, nodding enthusiastically, and then looked at Tao with a curious expression.  “Are you okay, Tao-ssi?”  She murmured, sidling up next to him and looking up at the tall man. 

     He stiffened as she stepped near, and he looked down, his eyes hooded and reserved as he looked at her.  “…I’m fine, Nana-ah.”  He croaked, and then stepped out as the elevator door opened and strode toward their door, having snatched the key from Cat’s hand.

      Pausing, Nana looked at Cat with a nervous expression.  “Is everything okay…?  Did I do something wrong?”

     “No, I wouldn’t say wrong.  I’d say… you haven’t done anything.”  Cat murmured, winking at her before following Tao toward their dorm. 

     Liz slid an arm around the young girl’s shoulder and smiled encouragingly.  “Just… Just be gentle, okay?”

     “Whaaaaat do you mean?!”  Nana moaned, throwing her head back as she groaned quietly to herself, her bag swinging aimlessly from her shoulder as she followed the group into their room.  Her jaw dropped open as she saw their room, and nodded approvingly.  “THIS…is all yours?!?!”

     “Well, yea.  They live here now.”  Tao muttered as he leaned against the island, looking at the girl through a fringe of his hair.  “And since they’re going to be working with us, they need a good place to stay.  Mr. President thought this would be a decent spot; even if it is a bit small.” 

      “Small?!  Tao, just because you share a home with 11 other guys, does not mean everyone needs that much space.”  Liz cajoled from her bedroom, changing into some PJ’s before she emerged.  “Oh!  Nana-ah!  Follow me to your room; the bathroom is at the end of the hall, and you obviously know where the kitchen is-… Tao is standing in it.”  Grinning she waved her hand toward the back of the hall, leading Nana toward the back room.  “It’s a bit small, but I think you’d be comfortable.”

      She pushed the door open, revealing a hotel-quality bedroom with a large bed, blush colored walls and a thick comforter on the bed.  A nightstand with a small lamp and alarm clock stood beside the bed, and a small matching dresser was at the foot.  Nana gasped and walked in, rubbing the back of her head.  “W-Wow, Liz, this is gorgeous!  Are you sure you don’t need another room mate?!” 

     Liz laughed, shrugging.  “Well, one can never know with Mr. President.  But at this point he wants you to finish your education.  Maybe you’ll join us someday!”  She grinned, then looked around the room.  “Will this work for you, yea?”

     “Of course this will!  Thank you, guys!”  She grinned, whirling around and hugging her tightly.  Liz’s eyes widened and she smiled, shaking her head. 

     “Anytime.  But what I recommend… Is talking to Tao.”  She murmured, looking down at Nana, who stepped back, confused.  “He’s not doing well right now…”

     “What do you mean?  Is he okay?”  Nana squeaked, her voice spiking in nerves. 

     “Yes and no.  Just talk to him… Please.”  Liz replied, stepping back out of the room. 

      Nana stood in the room for a moment, nervously chewing on her lip.  Putting her bag down on the bed, she sighed, running her hands through her blue hair.  Once she was composed enough, she walked toward the door, clearing .  “Tao-ah?  Would you come here please?”

    A few moments later he entered the room, raising his eyebrow as he looked at her.  “What?”

    “…Are you okay?  You seemed… distracted.”  Rubbing the back of her neck she looked up at him, locking eyes with him. 

     Pausing, he exhaled heavily, shoving his hands into his pockets and leaning against the wall.  “I don’t like it.”

     “Don’t like what…?”

     “The way you flirt with Luhan…”  He muttered, turning his face away from her.  “I don’t like it at all.”

      “Are you telling me that you’re jealous?”   She laughed, sitting on the bed in disbelief.   “You barely know me!”  Tao shrugged, staring into space with his brow furrowed.  Nana stared at him curiously, and then grumbled, walking over to him.  “You could have just talked to me!  I wasn’t claimed by Luhan was I?”

     “But you certainly weren’t refusing his advances now were you?!”   He snarled, refusing to look in her face.  His fists gripped at his sides, clenching the fabric of his jeans tightly. 

     “And you weren’t making any advances at all!!!  How the hell am I supposed to know you’re jealous when all you do is walk away from me?  Look at your face and read that crazy brain of yours?!”   She protested, gesturing violently with her hands.  “A good rule of thumb is if you like a girl, to actually, oh, I don’t know…TELL HER?!”

     “Tell you?!  You want me to tell you?!  FINE.”  He screamed, grabbing her by the shoulders and crushing his lips against hers, his hands knotting in her long hair at the base of her neck.  Nana responded just as enthusiastically, standing on her tip-toes and clawing at his back.  Pushing her backwards, she stumbled over the bed and Tao was right above her, kneeling above her, one hand beside her head and the other in the small of her back.  His mouth moved fervently on hers, his breath coming in sharp pants until he finally broke away, staring down at her.  “I like you.”

     “Well… I would say so.”  She breathed, staring at him with wide eyes.  “If this is what jealousy does to you, I’d be damned to see what lust does!”

     “…who said this is just jealousy?”  He smirked, leaning down and grabbing at again.