Happy Birthday!!! [[Part 2]]

Life Starts Here

"Noonaaaaaaaa... that was delicious!" Taemin crowed from across the room as he leaned back, rubbing his stomach. "When can we give you presents, Cat-ssi?! I have a present for you!"

 

"Hold your horses, Taeminnie! We have to let everyone digest a little bit first." Nana chuckled, throwing her balled up napkin at him, causing the room to burst into laughter as it barely reached halfway. "Hey! I'm not anything close to a sportsman, okay? Shuddap."

 

"Actually you now I think gift time is a good idea." Xiumin smirked, his gaze flicking over to Sehun who flushed slightly but shook his head imperceptibly at . "C'mon guys, let's get the birthday girl into the the birthday chair!"

 

In a swarm of manflesh, both groups swarmed forward, pulling Nana and Liz's chairs away from Cat's, and holding Sehun back as he tried to protect his girl from their hands. Kai and Kris scooped Cat up by her arms, while Key carefully grabbed her legs and smirked at her, causing Sehun's face to flush with jealousy.

 

Together they carried her over, despite her protests, and placed her in a large chair in the center of the room. "Now sit, and enjoy presents." Suho chided, wagging his finger at her playfully.

 

"Fiiiiine..." Cat blushed, giving up as she scooted back, smoothing down her skirt and looking at her sister and Sehun nervously.

 

"PRESENTS!" Nana crowed, cackling as all the guys ran to the side room and grabbed their gifts. Soon the room was filled again, with everyone holding gifts of various sizes, except for Sehun and Key, both of which had their hands in their pockets.

 

Cat's eyes widened as she looked around, pursing her lips and shaking her head in shock. "Guyss... you didn't need to give me presents!" She began to protest, but was soon silenced by the cries from the guys in front of her.

 

"Cat-ah! We wanted to!" Kai called, hugging his bag to his chest with a wry grin. "Now hush and tolerate it!"

 

"I'll start!" Xiumin cried, darting forward and holding out his bag to her. "I hope you like it." He smirked, playfully bowing toward her.

 

"I'm sure I will. And thank you, Xiuminnie." Cat giggled, taking the bag and opening it. Her jaw dropped, and she looked up at him in shock. "Makeup! Thank you so much!" Hopping down from her chair, she took the idol into her arms and hugged him tightly.

 

"You're welcome. Now get back into that chair." He chuckled, pushing her back into the seat and walking back to the group.

 

Steadily the guys came forward, all surprising her with various presents that made her smile. Various articles of clothing, high-fashion and comfort, stuffed animals, books, a new iPod, and others soon filled the space around her feet, nearly reducing Cat to tears at everyone's generosity. And soon all who were left was Sehun, Liz, Nana and Key.

 

"Okay, who's next?" Liz asked, looking over at the remaining three people.

 

"I'll go!" Nana cried, darting forward, holding out a small, flat box. "Here. I hope you like it!"

 

"I'm sure I will, no problem." Cat chuckled, looking at the box in her hand and opening it carefully. Inside was a small gift card to the local spa, causing her to laugh heartily "Nana! Thank you so much! This will definitely be put to good use." She grinned, hugging her friend tightly.

 

"Alright, me next." Key called, stepping forward and rummaging in his pocket. Carefully he handed out a small velveteen box to her, causing her heart to race and Sehun's rage to boil. "I hope you like it, and appreciate the irony." He smirked, raising his eyebrow as she flushed.

 

Taking the box from him, she swallowed hard and opened the box, her breath catching in . "Kibum..." She whispered, and pulled out a silver chain, with a silver antiqued key hanging from it. "It's beautiful...."

                                                                          

Key grinned, shoving his hands into his pockets. "Do you get the irony?"

 

"Naturally. Because I have a brainstem." She chuckled, and stepped down, allowing him to put the necklace around her neck. "Thank you so much."

 

As Cat hugged Key, Liz was unable to ignore Sehun stiffening beside her, and she looked up, seeing his jaw clenching. "Sehun-ah..." She murmured, resting her hand lightly on his arm.

 

Key smiled and stepped back, leaning over when Onew gripped his shoulder tightly and whispered in his ear. His face fell, and he glared at his leader, stepping back from him and folding his arms over his chest.

 

Breaking the tension, Liz stepped up, her hands surprisingly empty. "Little sister, I don't have a gift for you, simply because I knew what everyone here was going to get you... Well, with exception of a few of course. But my gift to you is instead a promise; I'll always be here for you, as you've always been for me. I will never abandon you, I will always be there if you need a shoulder to cry on, or an ear to listen to your troubles. I love you, Kitty Cat."

 

Tears welled in Cat's eyes, and she whimpered, diving from the chair into Liz's arms, hugging her sister tightly. The guys couldn't help but smile at the affection between the sisters, and a few even had to turn and wipe their eyes. But Onew was the most affected, knowing exactly why this speech was important, and cleared his throat awkwardly, leaving the room silently.

 

Once they separated, Cat sat back down in her chair, wiping tears from her eyes and flushing slightly as she looked at Sehun. With a grin he walked up, looking at her softly. "Happy birthday, Cat-ah." He murmured, stepping up the stairs and kissing her gently, purposely doing this in full view of Key, who glowered from the crowd. "My present to you is also a form of a promise. And one that I hope I can withhold with you. Stand, please?" He took her hand, and pulled her back from the chair until she stood, and he kissed her forehead gently.

 

They stood for a moment, completely still. Finally Sehun dropped to his knee, causing a large gasp to rip through Cat's throat, clasping her hands to . Liz growled under her breath, and Sehun chuckled, pulling the small velveteen box from his pocket. "Don't worry Liz-ssi, I remembered your threat."

 

Turning back to Cat's shocked face, he smiled softly, his hands clasped around the box. "Cat... I love you. And you know this. And I want to give you this promise." With a click he opened the box, revealing a silver diamond ring, round in the center and a v-shaped band on either side. "I promise to always be there for you, and one day to replace this ring with a more permanent one. I promise to always love you, and one day... I promise to try my damndest to get you to the alter." The room chuckled, and he flushed, staring at Cat who was openly crying. "Do you... accept my promise?"

                                                                                   

 

Sobbing, Cat nodded, throwing her arms around his neck and kneeling in front of him, hugging him tightly. Sehun chuckled and stood up, her hanging from his neck as he hugged her tightly. Placing her on the floor, he put the ring on her finger, causing her to sob again loudly, covering with her hand.

 

When Cat leaned forward to kiss Sehun, and while Nana and the rest of the idols surged forward to look at her ring, Liz slunk out of the room after Onew. Folding her arms over her chest, she stared at the idol nervously. "Hi."

 

"...hi." He replied quietly, unable to look at her.

 

"Jinki... I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have... but.. but I..." She started, feeling her eyes prick with tears.

 

"No, Liz. Listen to me. It's okay. I understand why what happened, happened. Neither of us really made a good decision... and we need to get past it." He smiled weakly, his eyes flicking up to hers briefly before wincing and looking away. "I hold no hard feelings toward you, and despite my feelings... I understand."

 

Liz's heart wrenched, and she reached out to touch his shoulder, sighing heavily. "Jinki... I do care about you, but... But Chanyeol..."

 

"What about me?"

 

Turning around, she saw Chanyeol standing there, his hands shoved into his pockets, one eyebrow raised as he glowered. "I said, what about me?"

 

Swallowing hard she looked at Jinki, who smiled reassuringly at her before retreating from the room. "C-Chanyeol... Can I talk to you?"

 

For a moment he stared at her, before nodding and leaning against the wall, staring at the floor in front of his shoes. "Talk. I'll listen."

 

"I... I made mistakes, Chanyeol. I did and I'm so sorry. I can't even begin to apologize to you, for the pain I caused you, for... for everything." She whimpered, staring at him pleadingly, her hands clenching at her sides as she struggled not to cry.

 

"You hurt me, Liz... I loved you, and you hurt me. It's like you didn't care about our relationship, and cared more about your job." He spat, his own eyes pricking with tears. "I needed you to be there for me, and I couldn't depend on you. You broke my heart." Giving into his tears, he reached out and grabbed her shoulders, staring into her eyes with an intense gaze. "I know what you did with Onew. I know what happened that time I found you and Cat outside your dorm; it was written all over your face. How could you do that to me?!"

 

"I was drunk, and hurt, and needed comfort! And it's not like you were there to really help me out, now were you?!" She whimpered, feeling his hands clenching into her shoulders. Tears spilled freely down her cheeks, but despite herself she relished his touch. "I loved you, still love you, and you weren't there for me!!!!!"

 

"How the hell am I supposed to trust you again, Liz? Hm? Explain that to me. How am I supposed to trust a woman who said that she loved me, yet at the first moment of alone-ness you run into the bed of another guy? And a guy that's supposed to be my mentor!" He hissed, rubbing the tears from his cheeks with the back of his hand. "I can't even blame him because I know how he feels about you!"

 

"Well then blame me, Chanyeol! Blame me! I ed up, and I know this! I'm trying to apologize to you, and you're just beating me into the ground!" Liz sobbed, her makeup now completely ruined as she sobbed, still trapped in Chanyeol's firm grip.

 

"I can't blame you either because I know that I ed up too! That's what kills me! I need you, Liz, and I don't know how to go about getting you back!" He sobbed, hanging his head, his fingers digging almost painfully into her shoulders.

 

At his words Liz froze, her lip quivering. Here he was, the man she was terrified of losing, sobbing in front of her when she was the one who made the mistake. "Chanyeol..." She whispered, slowly reaching up and nervously touching his cheek. To her surprise, he leaned into her touch eagerly, cupping her hand with one of his as he turned his face to kiss her palm, his lips wet with tears. "Chanyeol I love you..."

 

With a strangled moan, he grabbed her wrist and tugged her to him, kissing her tenderly, as if making up for all his mistakes, begging for forgiveness, and many more statements. All this in a kiss. Liz sobbed against his mouth, clinging to his chest as if he were her tether to reality, her fingers knotting into his shirt.

 

Once they pulled apart, Liz pressed her face into his chest, Chanyeol wrapping his arms around her firmly and holding her tight with his cheek against the top of her head. Together they stood in silence, surrounded with the sounds of the party next door. This wasn't the perfect solution to their problems, but with two such spirited people, it seemed to be their only option, right?

 

 

---Meanwhile, at the party---

 

"Sehun... this is... it's beautiful." Cat whispered, staring at the ring on her heart finger. "This must have cost a fortune."

 

Chuckling, Sehun slid her arm around her waist and kissing her on the top of the head. "Don't worry about that, Cat-ah. I'm just glad you like it. But I must admit... I don't really like the fact that Kibum-ssi gave you a piece of jewelry as well." He muttered, biting back his ire.

 

Pursing her lips, Cat glanced over at Key, who was staring at her as well, but when he saw her look back he smiled softly and turned back to chat with Chen. "I wouldn't be worried, Sehun-ah. He's harmless, and I'm sort of promised to another." Looking up at him, her heart was in her eyes and she smiled, twisting the ring on her finger. "But I shouldn't wear it on my left hand, eh? People already think I'm dating Kibum; let's not encourage that rumor." Gently she moved it to her other hand, still enthralled with the gleam. "...You still didn't have to get me anything."

 

"Oh hush. I love you. And it's your birthday! So of course I needed to get you something." He smiled, resting his hand on hers. "And look at my hand."

 

Looking down, her eyes widened as she saw the slender silver band on his own finger and she gasped. "S-Sehun... Matching?'

 

"I would have asked you... well, asked you something different if I could have. But neither of us are ready, so this is the next best thing. Soon Mr. President will figure out a way to introduce the three of you to the fans as our women, and I intend to make it very clear that you are mine." Leaning down, he kissed her tenderly, chuckling against . "You're mine, Cat, remember?"

 

"I am yours. And you are mine."

 


Hey guys!! :D  I hope you're liking where this story is going, and to every one of you that keeps reading, thank you. :3  I'm doing my best to keep things motoring, and keep posting updates but due to my schedule I miiiight have a tricky time posting regularly.  Convention season is starting soon so I'll have a lot of filled weekends, but I will do my best to keep everything updated!! 

Keep reading! <3 

 

 

P.S. - Hope you liked my GoT reference in the last statement. ;D  I'm SUPAHHHH excited for the new season!!! :D