Another Day

Life Starts Here

The next two days were touch and go with the girls, as Liz came home the day before the music video shoot.  Everyone was under specific instructions to keep her calm and not excite her, so Cat kept her lips shut about her and Sehun’s night together; even though nothing happened.  Somehow even the boys didn’t know they had kissed, or if they did, they remained politely quiet.  They had both been invited to spend the night at the SM building to reduce the need to gather everyone up early in the morning, so Cat was busying herself with packing her duffle bag with her makeup, even though she knew they would have scads of their own for her to use.

 

I’ll pack your bag for you, Liz.  Don’t worry about it.”   She murmured, smiling at her sister as she rested on the couch, notebook in hand.  “You should be working on your journal for your classes anyway.”  Grinning, she wandered off to their rooms, humming quietly.

 

Liz nodded absently, staring at her journal, which now was scratched and slightly bent, obviously a result from the struggle with the saesangs.  With a sigh she flipped it open to a free page, and began writing down the past few days.  Her teachers of course had been alerted to her injuries, and she had been fielding their emails patiently when she was resting at the hospital, so she didn’t go into detail of the goings on.  Naturally she kept all hints of romance between her and Chanyeol out of the pages, though did touch upon Cat and Sehun’s.  A smile slid onto her face as she remembered the look on Cat’s face when Sehun held her close; it had been so long since she had looked like that.

 

Her phone blared at her hip, and she looked at the ID, her eyes widening as she saw that the President of SM, Kim Young-min was calling.  “Yes sir?”

 

Ah!  Elizabeth-ah, I’m glad to hear from you.  How are you feeling?”

 

I-I’m doing fine, sir.  I got home just a few minutes ago and was sitting down to work on my journal for my classes.  Is there something you need?”

 

Yes, actually.  Of course, as you know, the music video shoot is tomorrow, and you, your sister and Nana-ah will be spending the next few days at the dorms to assist with editing, and any reshoots we may need to do.  But I have a question to ask of you.”

 

What’s that?”

 

Would you three be willing to go on tour with the boys?”

 

Liz froze, her heart beating wildly in her chest.  “O-On tour?  With EXO?”

 

Yes!  We are very impressed with all the work you two have done with the members.  They focus more, are more dedicated to their studies and rehearsals, and frankly I’ve never seen them happier.  Clearly you’re a positive influence on the three of them, so we’d love to extend the opportunity to become a more permanent fixture in SM Entertainment.”

 

Oh, Sir… We’d be honored!  We’ll have to speak to Nana-ah, but we’d love to be able to work with you all more in depth!”

 

Good.  In the coming weeks we’ll have some more details, and we’ll have to move you off of campus and into the dorms, but we can continue your classes with private tutors from the school.  It has been done before; you will continue getting credits for your classes, and have to attend the school for finals but otherwise, when you graduate you’ll have a diploma from them.  I look forward to you joining our family!”

 

When the President hung up, Liz sat there, dumbfounded and with a grin on her face that lit the room.  She was going to be living at the dorms, and not only that, but touring the world with EXO, becoming a part of the KPop world that she and her sister love so much.  With a happy sigh, she leaned back into the cushions of the arm chair and opened her journal, scribbling furiously as she relayed what had just happened.

 

Meanwhile Cat was staring at her duffle bag, laughing as she saw truly how stuffed it was; and it was only with makeup!  Since having come to the school, her teacher Ms. Kim has been giving her additional tools, new brands and other things for her to try out and record in her own journal, so that with her own makeup and the new train case she had for classes, she had more makeup than ever before.   “They’re going to kill me.”   She shook her head and chuckled, walking toward Liz’s room to pack some things for her for the next few days.  After tossing the necessary undergarments into the bag, she stared at her overflowing closet.  “Well, it doesn’t help that Suho was expecting us to spend his money on more clothes, now does it?!”

 

Grumbling she shoved some essentials in, such as jeans, long pants, and undershirts.  Shrugging she pulled a few shirts off the hangers and stuffed them in as well, throwing a pair of boots, sandals, and black pumps on the top, along with her entire jewelry box.  “If she needs more, I’m sure the stylists at SM have plenty for her.”  Hauling the full bag to the living room, she dropped it in front of Liz who was sitting there with the same stupid grin.  “What are you so happy about?”

 

Wellllll, miss Sass, if you must know, Mr. President just asked us to go on tour with the boys, move into the dorms, and become a permanent part of SM Entertainment!”

 

Cat paused, dropping open.  “W-What…?  Do you mean…?”

 

Yes!  We’re going to be part of SM and go tour the world!!!”

 

A scream of excitement ripped through Cat, and she hopped up and down, clapping.  “I have to tell Sehunnie!”  She cried as she ran back to her room.  Liz chuckled as the pet name slipped free, and she shook her head as she spotted her duffle bag on the floor.  “What the hell?!  Did you have to pack

my entire wardrobe?!”

 

Oh don’t kid yourself.  Your wardrobe wouldn’t fit in all the bags we own.  Especially after Suho-ah gave you free reign with his credit card!”  Cat called from her room.

 

Like you’re totally innocent.  You bought just as much as I did!”

 

That may be, but at I didn’t have half of the clothes you did to begin with!  I’ll be out in a few minutes, and the van should be here in about an hour, okay?”  Cat called, curling up on her bed, her fingers furiously flying on her phone, unable to contain her excitement.  She would be living in the same building as EXO, working closely with them and touring the globe with them.

 

Her phone quickly buzzed, and she smiled as she read Sehun’s excitement, laughter bubbling past her lips as she remembered the secretive kiss they shared the few nights ago.  It was the only one they dared take, especially since they were consistently surrounded by the rest of the members since then.  They had stayed at her apartment overnight, leaving in the early afternoon but promising they’d share dinner together when Liz and Cat arrived at the dorms.

 

Biting her lip she tossed her phone onto her pillow, grabbing her own duffle bag and filling it with her own necessities for the next few days.  Once that was accomplished and the bag sitting next to her makeup one in the hallway she paused, looking around her room to check that she had everything.  Smiling she shoved her phone into her pocket and walked back out into the living room and dropping it next to Liz’s. 

 

How are you feeling, Liz?  Do you need anything?”

 

No, I’m fine, thanks.  How long until the van gets here, do you think?”

 

About a half an hour I’d say…. Liz, I wanted to ask you something.”  Cat paused, curling up on the couch at her feet, fiddling with her shirt.  “When did Chanyeol kiss you?”

 

Oh… That.  Well, it was actually during the rehearsal you brought them back with makeup.  I had to straighten his spine during one spot… and, well… he kissed me.”  Liz murmured, looking down at her journal, twirling the pen absently in her free hand.

 

Then what was it about you telling him to stop?”

 

He was getting too wrapped up in his emotions, and letting them distract him from the task at hand.  They have to nail this music video in order to secure a good debut, and he was focusing too much on me than his rehearsals… I had to put an end to that.”

 

Cat paused, staring at her sister incredulously.  “What are you, stupid?!?!  You told the guy that you’re obviously crazy about to stop liking you?!  God, Liz!  That’s easily the stupidest thing you’ve ever done!”

 

Liz paused, taken aback as she stared at Cat.  “I don’t want him to fail…  That’s all..”

 

Cat shook her head, resting her face in her hands.  “Yea yea.  Sure.”  A horn sounded from the driveway and she stood, grabbing their bags from the floor.  “Can you walk to the van on your own?”

 

I’m fine, Cat.”  Liz grumbled, pushing herself up and grabbing her journal and phone.   “…But thank you.”  Smiling wanly at her, Liz slowly walked to the van, accepting the driver’s hand to help her inside. 

 

The ride was uncomfortably quiet to SM, and when the van opened at the building a slight chill raced through the air, causing the two girls to shiver.  “Does fall come early to Korea?”  Liz inquired to the driver, digging through her duffle bag for a light jacket.

 

Sometimes, yes.  This year seems to be quicker than usual, though.  Ms. Liz, do you need assistance getting inside?  Mr. President has ensured all the staff is aware of what happened, and we’re to offer any help we can.”  He grinned, bowing curtly.

 

Thank you, but I’m fine.  Just have to take things slowly.  It’s quite alright!”  Clambering from the van, she stumbled slightly, falling into the chest of a man that seemingly appeared out of nowhere.  He was a tall gentleman, broad of chest and strong of jaw.   “Oop!  I’m sorry.”

 

It’s alright Ms. Elizabeth.  That’s why I’m here.  Mr. President hired me to be your guard from here on out.  Well, you and Ms. Catherine’s guard.  He was very unsettled with what happened a few days ago so he’s going to do whatever he can to keep you both safe.”  His voice was deep and warm, and after Liz was standing straight, he reached inside and took their bags, easily slinging them over his shoulder.  “Shall we go inside, ladies?”

 

Meekly the two walked inside, very aware of the giant man behind him, shadowing their every move.  Once they were in the elevator he smiled at them reassuringly.  “Please don’t feel awkward about this.  Once I learn your habits I’ll stay back enough to not be seen, but close enough to help you at a moment’s notice.  And you can call me Jae, by the way.”

 

The girls smiled in return, bowing slightly as they greeted him simultaneously.  Soon they arrived at a different floor than the studio, and they looked at Jae with puzzled expressions, causing him to laugh warmly.  “Mr. President wasted no time setting up your dorms once you agreed to live here.  In fact, I think he was expecting you both to agree, and had the rooms set up long ago.  They’re this way, please follow me.”

 

Walking down the large hallways, the girls stuck closely together as they looked around, marveling at the floor to ceiling windows on the wall opposite of the wall of doors.  The gripped their hands together, and swallowed hard as they saw Jae stop at dorm number 126, bowing deeply as he held out their keys.

 

Looking at each other, Liz smiled and took the key from Jae, unlocking and opening the door.  Their mouths dropped open as they walked into a beautiful room, bigger than their current apartment, and much better furnished.  A long couch was the center of the focus in front a huge flat screen TV, with a large entertainment center full of gaming systems, games and movies.  Plush beanbags and cushions were strewn around the large living room, which lead off to a large enclosed deck off the back.  There was a long hallway which leads to three different bedrooms with their own bathrooms, and large communal bathroom with washer and dryer.  The kitchen was off the living room, the granite and stainless steel gleaming in the light.  

 

Do you like it, girls?”  A familiar voice chirped from the hallway, and they both turned to see the President standing there, grinning happily.

 

Mr. President!”  They cried, bowing deeply and smiling sweetly.  “We love it, thank you so much.”  Liz smiled, bowing again. 

 

It’s my pleasure.  As I’m sure Jae has told you, I was so sure you’d agree I made sure to have a room available for you.  It’s a bit larger than you two would probably need, but I thought you would like it.  And Liz, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies to what happened to you earlier this week.  Fans often approach the building, but we’ve never had an instance of violence amongst them.  As an apology, I’d like to give you this.”  He held out small white envelopes to both of the girls, smiling softly.  “It’s a pre-loaded credit card with enough money for you to either redecorate, travel, shop, or do whatever else you’d like to do.  I just wish I could do more.”

 

Cat’s mouth dropped open again, and she bit her lip.  “Sir… You didn’t have to!”

 

I did.  And I wanted to.  It’s a thank you for all you have done so far.  But I must go, I just wanted to stop by and say hello, and welcome to the family. Your things will arrive later this week.”   Grinning he bowed slightly, then took his leave, leaving the girls dumbfounded in his wake.

 

Jae chuckled, walking in and placing their bags down onto the floor by the door. "My room is right down the hall, but there is a pager in the kitchen if you need anything. Please enjoy your day, and when you're ready, head toward the studio." He bowed, turning away from them and walking down the hallway toward his room.

 

Left to their own devices the girls explored their new home, remarking over the plush furniture and mahogany furniture. Their rooms had been assigned already, with Liz receiving a room that had a bathroom with a soaker tub while Cat's had a large vanity table, mirror, and a multiple head shower. Both bedrooms had large king sized bed with numerous pillows and walk in closets, causing the girls to scream with excitement.

 

"We can't stay too long... We have to go meet the boys at the stu-" Liz's thought was cut off as the front door burst open, the boys running in, full of energy and excitement. "What the hell...?!?!"

 

"Sehun told us! You guys have moved to the dorms?!"" D.O. cried, grinning as he stood in the center of the hallway.

 

Cat giggled, throwing a mock glare at Sehun who grinned and winked at her. "Yes, we're living here now. We're going to be going on tour with you guys!" Immediately they were swarmed by the boys in a group hug, everyone laughing and talking at once. "Alright, alright. We have to go to the studio now; one last rehearsal before you film tomorrow, right?"

 

"Right. Now let's get moving!" Liz barked, clearly enjoying being back with all the guys, and not in a hospital room. Shooing the boys toward the door, she smiled at Cat and grabbed her hand as they walked out of their new home.

 

Soon rehearsal was underway, the boys acting reserved as they did their moves, not wanting to risk hurting themselves or tiring out before filming tomorrow. Cat sat cross-legged where the camera would be, laughing as the guys came up to provide camera-service to the small camera she held in her hands. At one point Sehun strode up, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand and rocked his hips from side to side causing her breath to catch.

 

Liz was, of course due for her own heart attack as Chanyeol had his moment of solo rapping, and she paused, her fingers covering as she forced herself to breathe again. Soon EXO-K was done and EXO-M was warming up for their version, with Cat absently fiddling with the camcorder to start another taping.

 

"How was that, Cat-ah?" Sehun murmured as he slid to the ground behind her, looking over her shoulder at the camera.

 

Cat froze, his sweet, yet musky scent filling her senses as he leaned against her back. His warmth on her back made her tremble and she leaned against his check, shivering as he wrapped his arms around her shoulders. "It was just fine."

 

He chuckled, the sound sending shivers down her spine as he put his mouth close to her ear. "Just fine? I think you enjoyed it." His breath tickled her ear, and she turned to him, looking at his mouth hungrily. However she held back, since they didn't want the rest of the members to know they had kissed.

 

"Behave, Sehun-ah... Behave." She murmured, looking back at the camera as EXO-M clambered into the shot, eager to show Liz that they've been practicing. Leaning back against his chest, she smiled and nodded, pressing record on the campcorder.

 

Their rehearsal went swimmingly for the members, and Liz ended up clapping quite enthusiastically at the end. "Great job everyone!! I'm so proud of you all. But now we must all go to bed, since you have a busy day tomorrow. Please get some rest, and be ready to go bright and early."

 

"And wash your faces before you go to bed, not just when you wake up! I don't want to have to conceal a mountain zit on anyone, okay?" Cat called, grinning at the members as they glowered at her.

 

Standing up, Liz laughed as she shooed the members toward the door, pleading them to go to bed and practically dragging Chanyeol behind her. "Cat, can you clean up in here while I make sure they get to bed?"

 

"Yea sure!" She stood up, then squeeked in surprise as Sehun's arms wrapped around her waist. "S-Sehun!" Turning around in his grasp, she looked up at him, smiling gently. "You need to go to bed." Smirking, he raised his eyebrow which made Cat burst out into peals of laughter. "No, not that kind of bed."

 

"Oh, I'll go. But.. just one thing."

 

"What's that?"

 

"This." Sliding his hand under her chin, he tilted her face toward his and leaned forward, gently brushing his mouth on hers.

 

Not to be outdone, Cat leaned back against the wall behind her, wrapping her hand in his shirt and tugging him toward her. Of course he responded enthusiastically, pressing his hands to the wall on either side of her, his mouth firmly against hers at this point. There was very little space between them at this point, and she was now very aware that his sweatpants were hiding next to nothing, and a low moan escaped .

 

"Aish..." He groaned, his mouth hungrily grabbing at hers, trembling as he felt her hands dive up under his shirt and grab at his back. One hand left the wall and slid up her neck and into her hair, pulling her head back and allowing his mouth to graze along her jawline and down her neck.

 

Swallowing hard she trembled, her fingers digging into his back and eliciting more moans from him as he pressed himself even more firmly against him. His mouth made it's way back up to hers, and she responded eagerly, shaking like a leaf against him.

 

Finally they broke apart, and Sehun pressed his forehead to hers, both of them breathing heavily and staring at each other through heavily lidded eyes. Without saying a word they knew they wanted to go further, but at the same time didn't want to rush things. Instead a few more soft kisses were exchanged, remaining against the wall tight in each other's arms.

 

"We really need to go... or they'll get suspicious." She murmured between kisses, looking up at him through her lashes.

 

"Hnn... They have to know already, Cat-ah... They just know when to take things seriously." He murmured, kissing her nose and forehead tenderly before stepping back from her, reaching up and smoothing his hair back down. "I have something for you." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box, handing it to her.

 

"T-Tiffany.. But Sehun you didn't have to do this!" She protested, but he shook his head and gestured for her to open it. Once the signature box was open, it revealed a beautiful silver Tiffany heart bracelet glimmering in the dim lights of the studio. "Sehunnie... it's beautiful... Thank you so much."

 

"Here. Put it on." His face was all smiles as he slid the bracelet onto her wrist, clasping it into place. "Do you like it?"

 

Grinning maliciously, she reached forward and pressed herself against him again, stealing his breath away with another kiss. A deep groan escaped him and he rested his hands on her hips, pulling her toward him by her belt loops. For another moment or two they stood there, lost in the moment as they kissed hungrily, their lust becoming more apparent as time went on.

 

When they broke apart a second time, he grumbled and pivoted his hips away from her, shoving his hands and the Tiffany box back into his pockets. Blushing, Cat purposefully made eye contact with him, knowing full well why he was now standing apart. "I think you like it." Cat burst into peals of laughter and grabbed his hand, dragging him from the studio and toward the dorms; it was time for bed.