Something New

Life Starts Here

---Cat’s POV---

The next morning, Cat awoke groggily around noon, running her hand through her hair and yawning.  Stretching, she smiled softly as her muscles ached dully in protest; they weren’t used to throwing the bowling ball anymore.  Kicking her blankets off, she swung her legs over the side of the bed, and grabbed her phone from her bedside table.  Looking at the screen, she chuckled seeing Sehun had texted her easily five times in the past twenty minutes.

 

~~~Cat-ahhh!!  Are you awake?~~~~

~~~Caaaaaaaat….~~~

~~~You sleep forever~~~

~~~When you get this, come down to the practice room; I want to see you~~~

~~~…WHY AREN’T YOU AWAKE ;_;~~~

 

Rolling her eyes she quickly sent a text back, saying she had just woken up and she’ll be down soon.  Almost immediately it registered as read, and he sent back a huge grin emoji.  Throwing her phone down on the bed she pushed herself up and walked to the bathroom, brushing her teeth and throwing her hair up in a messy ponytail.  After she splashed water on her face, she did a basic makeup, cat eye and lip gloss, then rolled her eyes at herself in the mirror.   “Of coooooourse he’d want me to be down in the practice room… Right now.  The minute I wake up.  I can’t shower, eat, nothing….punk.”

 

Grumbling wordlessly to herself, she pulled open her dresser and slipped on some comfy clothes; she may just have woken up, but she was looking rather cute.  She wore black leggings, a slouchy, off-the-shoulder red sweatshirt with a white “XO” emblazoned across the front, and her favorite tuxedo flats.  The irony of her shirt wasn’t lost on her, and she smirked as she imagined Sehun’s reaction when he will see it. 

                                               

 

Scooping her phone from the bed she told him she was on her way, walking out into the hallway toward the front door.  Soft sounds were coming from Nana’s room, and she smirked, knowing exactly what was going on.  Liz was sitting in the living room, curled up around a mug of coffee and rubbing sleep from her eyes.  “Moooorning.”  Cat chirped, grabbing a piece of toast from the plate on the counter and nibbling on it.

 

“Meh… why are you so chipper?  I hurt from head to toe.”  Liz groaned, moving stiffly on the couch.

 

Cat grinned, rolling her eyes.  “Well no one forced you to go the horizontal mambo on the bathroom floor, Lizzy.  It’s your own fault.”

 

Liz flushed pink, and buried her face behind her mug.  “If you don’t mind me asking, why haven’t you and Sehun done anything yet?  The way you two are hot and heavy about each other, you’d think you two already hopped into bed together.”

 

Shrugging, Cat leaned against the counter and nibbled on the toast thoughtfully.  “I guess we’re both just taking it slow.  I don’t know if I’m ready for something like that… Besides… I might not be any good at it.  It’s been a long time.” 

 

“Well whatever you decide to do, take it at your own pace.  Not everyone can be as irresistible as me.”  Liz joked, winking as her sister scoffed.  “I mean it, though.  Take it slow, Kitty Cat, as slow as you want.  If he really cares about you, he’ll wait.”

 

Smiling softly, Cat nodded and swallowed the piece of toast she had been chewing.  “Thanks, Liz…  But I gotta go.  Sehun-ah is actually waiting for me in the practice room.  He seems eager for me to go down, too… for whatever reason.”  Shrugging she walked toward the door, waving at Liz over her shoulder.  “I’ll be back later I suppose.  Bye!”

 

A smile remained plastered on her lips as she made her way to the training room, occasionally stifling a yawn.  Once she got close to the room, loud music could be heard, rumbling with deep bass.   Pushing open the door, she kicked off her shoes on the mat, stepping into the room and shivering at the cold floor on her bare feet.

 

Sehun was in the middle of the room, dancing furiously to ‘History,’ obviously practicing on his routine.  He was so absorbed in his dancing that he didn’t notice her entering the studio, causing her to chuckle softly as she curled up on the floor beside the door, waiting for him to notice her.  Her breath caught in as she watched him move, transfixed with how he could twist his body to those positions, sliding around the floor easily.  When the song ended and he spun around, a dazzling grin slid onto his face as he saw her sitting there, clapping excitedly.   “Sehun-ah!  That’s… that’s amazing.  I wish I could dance like that!”

 

I’m sure you dance just fine.”  He smiled, panting to catch his breath as she walked over to him.  Gently he hugged her, not pulling her close as he was slightly sweaty.  Looking at her sweatshirt, he raised his eyebrow and chuckled heartily, shaking his head.  “XO?  Really?  Clever.”

 

You like it?  I thought you would.”  Smirking, she grinned as he dipped her, kissing her firmly on the mouth.  “And no, I can’t dance.  Not worth a damn.  I can wiggle my hips but anything more than that?  Nooo.” 

 

Sehun raised his eyebrows and his lips, causing her to laugh, as she knew exactly what he was thinking about.  “You know, I could teach you if you wanted to learn.  I’m part of the dance line.”  When Cat’s eyes shot open wide and she shook her head violently, he laughed and caught her face between his hands, smiling gently.  “Cat-ah.  You can dance if you put your mind to it.  You have the long legs for it, like your sister.  You can do this!”

 

Cat paused, looking at his eager expression and heaved a sigh, shrugging slightly.  “I guess so… but you can’t make fun of me.”  Peeling herself from his grasp, she glowered at herself in the mirror, sticking her tongue out.

 

Sehun laughed, throwing his head back as she glared at herself.  “At the rate you’re going, I can’t promise anything.  But at least you’re trying.”

 

And you have to rub my back every time I ask.  That’s my one demand.”  She cried, pointing at him with a smirk.  “Otherwise, this isn’t happening.”

 

Fine, fine.  I promise.”  He grinned, nodding and holding his hands up in acquiescence.  “Can we start now?  You need to be able to stretch.  Try to touch your toes.”

 

Oh that’s easy.  I can do that, no problem.  Just don’t look at my .”  With a deep sigh, she dropped her chin to her chest, and allowed herself to bend cleanly in half; her palms flat on the floor and knees straight.  “Now what?”

 

Well… hm.  You’re more flexible than I thought you would be.  Just do some stretches and warm yourself up, okay?  If you’re cold, you could hurt yourself.”  He instructed, watching as she crawled out to do a plank.  Gently he reached out, resting his hand on her lower back, the other on her abdomen.  “Flatten this.  Don’t arch your back; you’re not really doing the stretch otherwise.   ….Good!  Good.  Now drop your hips to the floor.  No!  Keep your torso up, arms straight.  Very good.”

 

This went on for the next few minutes, until Cat was grumbling about how she knew to stretch and didn’t need to be taught.  Truth be told, her muscles felt deliciously warm, especially the spots he had touched to ‘correct’ her moves.   After that was done, Sehun announced it was time to do a copy and repeat technique, simply to see how much she can do. 

 

Forty minutes later, Cat was red faced and huffing, lying down on the waxed floor and staring aimlessly up at the ceiling.  Sehun sat cross-legged next to her, chuckling quietly as she tried to slap him weakly.  “Shut…up…You…jerk…”  She panted, throwing her arm over her eyes as she swallowed hard.  “You said you wouldn’t make fun of me…”

 

Smirking, Sehun clambered over her, sitting astride her hips and pulling her arms from her face, looking down into her eyes.  “You did well.  You’re a bit rough, but that’s nothing I can’t fix.”

 

I thought you liked it rough.”  Cat muttered, winking at him playfully, laughing as he tickled her sides in retaliation.

 

Oh, I do…”  He murmured, leaning down and brushing his mouth against hers teasingly, his hands still holding her wrists hostage beside her head as he leaned back.  His eyes gleamed mischievously, and his gaze traveled to her bare shoulder, revealing the strap of her bra.  “I do…”  Leaning down, he tenderly kissed her shoulder, causing shivers to race up her spine and her breath to catch.

 

Sehun…”  She whispered warningly, looking up at the window in the dance room door.  They had already been caught by Tao once, who knows who else could be walking by at the wrong moment. 

 

Yes, yes.  You’re right.”  Standing up, he helped her to her feet, chuckling as she grumbled at her newly sore muscles. Gently he helped her over to the wall beside the door, then smirked as he pulled down the shade. In a flash he twisted around, grabbed her arm and spun her into a wall, pressing his hands above her head.

 

"This again, eh?" She murmured, pressing her hands against his chest and feeling his heart race beneath her fingers. When his lips crashed onto hers she trembled involuntarily, allowing his hands to undo her hair tie and let her hair spill around her shoulders. His hands knotted into her auburn hair, tugging her head back and exposing her neck, his mouth eagerly nibbling on the exposed flesh. "Oh Sehun..."

 

"Hnn... That is my name." He growled against her neck, causing her to melt against him. "Say it again."

 

With a vicious grin, she looked at him, shaking her head. "Oh no. You'll have to wait for that." Seeing him caught offguard, she dove free from his grasp, sliding her shoes back on, a sly smirk on her lips. "We should probably get back. I need to take a shower."

 

Falling to his knees, he cried out in mock pain, holding his hand out to her. "Cat-ahhhh! You leave me in my time of need! You're heartless!"

 

"Heartless? Hardly." Shaking her head, she grinned at him, unable to stop laughing as he pretended to die on the floor. "Buuuut... maybe if you get up..."

 

"DONE!" He cried, grinning maliciously as he hopped to his feet and ran to her. "Now what?"

 

"Aishhhh!! Down, boy. Easy." She giggled as he kissed her neck, and she waved him off. "You made me forget what I was going to say." Smacking him lightly on the arm, she slid her hand into his and gestured toward the door. "C'mon Sehun-ah. We have to go figure out your rehearsal schedule for the next couple weeks."

 

 

 

 

------

MY BELOVED SUBBIES!!! :D

 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. :] JUUUUST wanted to let you know there may be a gap between this chapter and the next. Lenali and I are working on the next plotline. We're planning a time skip, so we have to figure out specifics. ;]

 

STAY TUNED! <33