Just a Little Meeting

Life Starts Here

    “He did WHAT?!”  Cat’s voice tore through their apartment as she stared at her sister who was sitting on the bed with a vacant expression, a smile stuck on .

    “He… he proposed.”  Liz murmured, looking up at Cat with a blissful expression.  “He asked me to marry him, Kitty Cat…”

    “Oh my god this is so sweet!  Aaaaand after you got in on in the haunted house!”  Nana squealed, as she ran around the room pelvic ing.  Liz laughed and shook her head at the younger, and then looked up at her sister again, then lifted her shaking hand to show the gleaming circle around her finger.

    “Oh I knew about that.”  Cat grinned, waving her hand dismissively, her eyes soft.  “I just had no idea he’d do it so soon!”

    At her words Liz’s mouth dropped open and she hopped up, grabbing her sister by the shoulders.  “You knew?!?”

    “Of course I did you goob!  He asked my permission!”

    “Awhhhh!!!  That’s so sweet!”  Nana cried from the far corner, where she was amusing herself by dressing up in various pieces of Liz’s wardrobe, trying to make herself look like a bride, and failing miserably in the process.  “Asking your sister for permission to marry you!”

    “Well it’s not like he had any other choice.  Our dad is back home!”  Cat chuckled, walking over and pulling the scarf from Nana’s head, where she had pinned it in hopes of looking like a veil.  “You look ridiculous.”

    Laughing, Liz shook her head, and then her eyes flicked open wide in shock.  “Jinki… How the hell am I going to tell him?”
    
    Pursing her lips, Cat shrugged gently, wringing the scarf in her hands.  “I don’t know… That’s a problem only you can fix I’m afraid.”  Her voice was low and gentle as she stepped forward, touching her shoulder.

    Sighing and hanging her head, Liz nodded.  It was a conversation she wasn’t ready to have with Jinki, but she knew it was going to come up sooner or later.  And she couldn’t very well wait until she was at the altar with Chanyeol!  Oh hey, Jinki.  Thanks for coming.  Yea… I’m going to be Mrs. Park now.  See you after the honeymoon!

    “Oh, Cat, I meant to tell you.  We’re meeting VIXX today.”

    Cat whirled around, having walked over to the dresser to put away Nana’s poor attempt at costuming.  “W-We’re what?”

    A grin attached itself to Liz’s mouth, and she nodded.  “Yep!  I met Leo when we were on our way to the haunted house… He said that the rest of the members really want to meet us!”

    “Wait a second.  You’re telling me that you met Leo, from VIXX, and that they want to meet us… and you’re just telling me this NOW?!?!”  Cat’s eyes widened to almost a frantic state, and she began running around the room.  “I’m meeting N!!  What am I supposed to wear?!”

    As she ran out of the room toward her own closet, Nana chuckled quietly as she folded up the clothes she had made a mess with in Liz’s closet.  “She really likes him, I guess.”

    “Well yea.  He’s her VIXX bias.  She thinks he’s y as hell.”  Liz chuckled, standing up and staring at her closet in an attempt to find an outfit for the meet-up.
 
    “I wonder how Sehun will feel about this.”  Nana smirked, shaking her head as she heard Cat freaking out about matching clothing.

    “Undoubtedly the same way he felt when he saw her on Key’s arm…”  Liz murmured quietly, rubbing the back of her neck.  “I hope that he doesn’t do anything irrational.”

    “Who are you talking about?”  Chanyeol’s voice came from the hallway, and Liz looked up, mock glaring at him.

    “Channie!  You’re supposed to knock, you know.”

    “Pffft.  And miss the chance on seeing you half-dressed?  No thank you.”  He grinned playfully, walking in and kissing her forehead gently, smiling at the cackling Nana.  “Something funny?”

    “Oh, you’re just one erted man, that’s all.”  Nana grinned cheekily, dodging a pillow that Liz chucked at her.  “Hey!  It’s true!”

    “Oh yea, like Tao’s mister innocent here.  We can hear you, you know.”  Liz smirked, waggling her eyebrows as Nana blanched, then turned beet red, running out of the room yelling something about soundproofing.


    Turning back to look at Chanyeol, she smiled softly as he gathered her into his arms and held her gently, planting a kiss on her forehead.

    “Are you about ready to go, Liz?”

    “Yea, just about to change.”  Slipping away from his grasp, she dug around in her closet for a moment, chewing on her lip in thought.  “Chanyeol… are you going to be okay with us meeting them today?”
 
    For a moment he was quiet, and then he smiled and strode over, grasping her left hand in his and brushed his lips against the ring that gleamed on her finger.  “I’ll be fine as long as you wear this.”

    A blush spread across her cheeks, and she smiled gently, nodding.  “Of course I’ll wear it, you idiot.”  She murmured quietly, nudging him with her elbow.  “I said yes, didn’t I?”

    Grinning, he nodded, his hair flopping in front of his eyes.  “Yep.  Now you can’t back out.  You’re mine foreverrrrrrr…”  He laughed, trying to be ominous as he picked her up and spun her around.

    “Not until I say ‘I do!’” Liz protested through fits of giggles, squirming free from his arms.  “Now… Does Sehun know we’re meeting them today?”

    “I imagine so, by the way he’s been stomping around the dorm.”
 
    “He has nothing to worry about!”
 
    “Well yea, I know that.  But he knows that N is one of her biases, so he’s a bit wary.  Key is one of her biases too, you know…”
 
    This made Liz pause, and she sighed, nodding her head.  “Yea I know…”  She murmured quietly, still thinking about the necklace he had given her sister on her birthday.  After she explained to Cat why wearing it might not be a good idea, she had carefully stopped wearing the piece, especially after Sehun had defended her against the saesangs recently.  “Can you please tell Sehun that everything will be fine?  I won’t let her do anything stupid.”
 
    Hurt darted across his face momentarily, causing Liz’s heart to wrench.  Not too long ago she had done ‘something stupid’ and nearly lost Chanyeol forever, and even though they had forgiven each other, the wound hadn’t completely healed yet.  However he reached out and cupped her chin in his hand, tilting her face up to his.  “I love you, Liz.  And I’ll make sure Sehun knows.”  He whispered, smiling softly as he pecked her lips softly and stepped out of the room.

    However, he couldn’t have gotten far when an exclamation of surprise tore free from his lips.  “Damn Cat!  Dressed to impress?!”

    “I-Is it too much?”  Cat’s voice came nervously from the hall, and Liz walked out, her curiosity peaked.

    “Holy girl!! You look great!”  She proclaimed, pushing Chanyeol aside to get a good look at her.  Cat was wearing a pair of black leather skinny jeans with gold zipper detail and a red peplum shirt with a gold melt accentuating her tiny waist.  Black flats were on her feet, and she had Sehun’s “BWCW” jacket draped over her arm.  His jewelry sparkled on her wrist and finger as usual, but her dark hair was allowed to curl down her shoulders and her makeup was a simple cat eye.  “I don’t think it’s too much at all.”

    “I just want to seem worthy of working for SM.”  She murmured quietly, clearly nervous about this meeting with another group.  They’d been with SM for over a year now, having given up ties to going back home, and still she was nervous about meeting idols.  Liz smiled softly and leaned forward, tapping her shoulder.

    “Oy.  Earth to space cadet.  You’ll be fine.  You look beautiful, but you should go see Sehun before VIXX, so he doesn’t tear apart the building looking for you.”  She chuckled, pushing Cat toward the door lightly.

    Once her sister was off, she turned back and looked at Chanyeol, who was smiling and nodding.  “I like that she was wearing his jacket.  Almost a ‘hands off’ sign to any other guy.”
 
    “Do you think the guys would be someone to worry about?”  Liz asked cheekily, walking toward her own closet and sighing again.  Turning about, she smiled at Chanyeol, who was still leaning against her door frame.  “Want to go to dinner tonight Channie…?  Just the two of us?”

    His eyes gleamed excitedly and he nodded, shoving his hands in his pockets.  “Sounds good babe.  I’ll see you later; have fun!”  He smiled, nodding as he walked out of her room, calling down the hallway to Nana who merely grunted.

    Once he had left, Liz finally settled on an outfit.  A vibrant patterned crop top, jeggings and brown boots were the basis, and then she threw on an orange scarf, horn earrings and some bangles and a necklace.  Her hair she threw up on the top of her head and she wore a lip, and as she walked out of the room she grabbed the brown chair draped over the back of her chair.
 
    “Nana!  Are you coming?  She called down the hall as she adjusted her shirt, chuckling as she heard the girl scrambling around in her room.
 
    “Uhhh… no thanks.  I’ll meet them later.  They don’t do much for me.”  She shrugged as she leaned against the doorframe nonchalantly.
 
    Smirking, Liz raised her eyebrow.  Oh yea.. sure.  More like you’re inviting Tao over to your little love nest.  Just… don’t bang on the couch, okay?”

    Unable to stop herself from laughing, Nana clapped her hand onto her forehead.  “That happened ooooonce.  Why can’t you let it go!?”
 
    “Because I saw more of Tao’s than I ever wanted to.”
 
    “You looked?!?!  That’s mine!”
 
    “Then keep it in your room!!!  Now I’m late and I have to go.  Hang a sock on the door if we can’t come in, mkay?”  Waving to her friend as she walked out of the door, she made her way to the elevator.
 
    “Wait up!”
 
    Turning around, Liz chuckled as she saw a slightly mussed Cat running at her.  Arching her brow she couldn’t stop the smirk from reappearing.  “Nice of you to make it.”

    “Sehun… was distracting.”  Cat blushed, rolling her eyes as she smoothed out her shirt and hair.

    “More like he was distracted.”

    “Oh shut up.  At least we didn’t get in on the haunted house.”  Cat muttered as she stepped into the elevator and let Liz fuss over her hair.

    Grinning, Liz held up her hand, gesturing to the ring on her finger.  “I got a pretty sweet ‘thank you’ out of it.”

    Both girls burst into laughter as the elevator smoothly took off from their floor, and they quietly chatted amongst themselves as they rose towards the office where they were slated to meet the guys.

    However the elevator paused a few levels before they were supposed to be there, and they looked up, confused.  Only to see N standing there, blinking in confusion at the girls before him.

    “Oh!  Hello.  You must be Elizabeth and Catherine.”  He smiled, his eyes crinkling as he bowed.
 
    “Call me Liz, and she’s Cat.”  Liz smiled, bowing as well, grabbing the star struck Cat to bow down as well.
 
    Chuckling, N rose smoothly and stepped in beside Cat, looking at the elevator.  “I hope you don’t mind we’re using an empty conference room.  The practice rooms are all full right now, and with your current issues with fans, we couldn’t leave quite yet.”
 
    “The last thing we need is another scandal.”  Liz groaned, rolling her eyes.  Glancing sideways, she smiled softly as she saw Cat wide-eyed and chewing on her lip nervously.  “We’re very excited to meet you all, though!”

    “Leo has been talking about you two since he met you the other day, Liz-ssi.  He’s very excited, as are the rest of us.”
 
    That seemed to jerk Cat out of her fog, as she grinned cheekily and nudged her sister.  “You hear that, Liz?  He’s excited.”

    Her eyes narrowing, she arched an eyebrow and leaned against a wall.  “Do you reeeeeally want me spilling who your bias is, sweet sister?”  When Cat began to frantically shake her head, she smirked and reached out, patting her head playfully.  “Unless… Leo-ssi already told you?”

    “Nope, he didn’t mention that.”  N murmured, his expression puzzled.  “Should he have?”
 
     “NO!”  Cat cried out a bit too loudly, blushing and clapping her hand over .

      “What my excitable sister meant to say… is no, he shouldn’t have.  It’ll probably become apparent soon, though.”  Slinging her arm around her sister’s shoulder, she tugged her close to her side.

      The elevator came to a smooth stop at their floor, and N gracefully extended his arm to allow them to exit first, following behind them with a faint smile.  “We’re just down the hall.  Yes, that one.”  He pointed to a slightly propped open door, laughter and loud music pouring free into the usually quiet hall.

     Cat hesitated for a moment as N walked ahead of them and into the room, telling the guys that they were outside.  Swallowing hard, she steeled herself as she felt Liz’s hand lightly touch her back.

      “You ready?”  She murmured quietly, arching her eyebrow at her younger sister.  When she didn’t respond, she lightly rubbed her back and chuckled.  “Everything will be fine.”

     Smiling weakly, Cat nodded and stepped inside, waving with both hands and bowing politely.  “Annyeong everyone!”

     A chorus of greeting responded back to her from the five men, N leaning against the wall and smiling faintly.  Liz chuckled and threw up a peace sign as she grinned, her smile faltering as she saw who was seated on the back couch.
 

     Key… and Onew.
 

     .