Oh, the Memories

Life Starts Here

To celebrate both girl's acceptance into their classes, they decided to go out dancing. Liz smirked teasingly, nudging her sister with her elbow playfully. "Maybe we can find you someone who will break that icy shell of yours, eh? Loosen you up and make you smile again. It's been too long since you've been able to laugh with a guy."

 

Cat half-smiled, shrugging her shoulders casually. "I suppose... It's just that the last guy I was with, well-... well you know."

 

"The bastard cheated on you! It's not your fault at all! You can't keep blaming yourself for something that was not your fault!" Liz cried, grabbing Cat's shoulders and shaking her lightly. "Now come on! I'll dress you up, you can do your own makeup and hair and you'll be the most beautiful girl there. I bet you'll even get some admirers."

 

Pausing, she bit her lip then sighed. "Fiiiine. You win. Just don't dress me up too much; I don't want to look like a hoochie mama, like some dancers I know." She winked and laughed at her sister's expression.  "I'm kidding, I'm kidding.  Just... just... be gentle." 

 

Nodding, Liz dragged her back to her room, sitting her on the small couch outside her closet. She then quite literally started throwing clothes at her, demanding she put them on. Soon she had dressed her in a leather skirt, a hot pink bandage crop top and black pumps. "You look amazing!!"

 

Taking a deep breath, Liz stepped in front of the floor length mirror and surveyed her appearance. Gasping, she covered with her hands and trembled, swallowing hard as she then ran her hands over the leather of the skirt, and the soft fabric of the top. Lifting her foot, she marveled at the pumps, pleased that she and her sister wore the same size.

 

Liz paused, leaning against the doorframe to her closet and smiled. Seeing her sister love her appearance for the first time in a long while brought tears to her eyes. Ever since that d-bag had cheated on her numerous times with all the back home, Cat was left as a shell of a woman, hiding her emotions behind her makeup. There were many times she had heard her crying in her room, but had done nothing about it, knowing that she would be mortified that someone had heard her.

 

"I'll be in my room, doing my makeup. Get dressed, and when you're done come over so I can do yours, okay?" Cat called as she walked across the hall, teetering momentarily on her heels. She made it safely to her makeup table, and applied her makeup; a simple smokey brown eye and a lip. She filled in her brows, then quickly curled her hair, letting it fall down her shoulders in loose waves.

                               

"You look beautiful, Kitty Cat! Is it my turn?" Liz's voice came from the door way, and she turned to look at her.

"Lizzy!!! You look... w-wow!" Cat cried, grinning at her sister.

Liz was wearing a pair of black hot pants, buttoned up the front with three bronze buttons, and a black crop top with a sheer panel across her cleavage and collarbone. Black heels were on her feet, bronze chains hanging from the backs of them, jingling faintly as she walked. Smiling cheekily, she flushed faintly and rubbed the back of her neck. "Thanks, hun. Could you do my makeup now?"

 

"Oh, yea! Sit! Let me see what I have to work with." She jumped up, gesturing to her bench. Liz sat down, and pretended to grimace. "Aishhhh... I don't have much here. Going to take a miracle to make you pretty, huh?" She laughed, wincing as Liz smacked at her arm. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Gimme a minute."

 

With a practiced hand, she ran a light concealer over her skin, hiding any blemishes or bags from their travels. She then gave a dramatic cat eye, and a light red lip tint that plumped her lips just slightly, giving her a pretty pout. "There. Check it out!" She turned the mirror toward her, and stepped back; unconsciously touching the fabric of her skirt.

                          

"I love it, Kitty Cat. Now! Let's go before you change your mind!" She jumped up, shoving Cat's purse and phone into her hands, then grabbed her wrist and hurried her out to the car that was waiting outside.

 

Within ten minutes they were outside the club, a loud, booming building where the Korean youth go to blow off steam. Without giving Cat the chance to change her mind, she grabbed her wrist and walked inside, paying their door charge.

 

People of all ages were on the floor, though the dance floor was dominated with the younger crowd. Liz hissed appreciatively as she saw the attractive specimen at the bar, then made her way up to the nearest stool, seating herself on it and gesturing for Cat to take the one next to her.

 

"Midori Sour for me please, and a on the Beach for my sister please." She yelled to the bartender, the noise making it difficult to hear. He nodded, and after checking Cat's ID stepped away to mix their drinks.

 

"Why, hello ladies." A deep voice came from behind them, and soon arms encircled their shoulders, the man's head coming between theirs. Smooth pale skin, brown eyes and deep brown hair complimented the cocky smile he wore, his ears tucked under the beanie he had on his head. "You're new."

 

"And you're going to be in trouble if you don't let go of my sister." Liz growled, her eyes flashing as she saw nerves dart across Cat's face.

 

The boy's arm immediately retracted from around Cat's shoulder, and he darted around to Liz's other side, looking at her with the same smile. "Where are you ladies from? You certainly look different than the rest of the women here."

 

"My my, aren't you observant. We're from the states." Liz muttered, turning her attention to the drink that was now in front of her. Grinning winningly at the bartender, she was surprised to hear him say they were on the house as he blushed and walked away.

 

"And already charming the men of South Korea, I see. You two waste no time!"

 

"Excuse me, who invited you to talk to us? You weren't necessarily introduced to us." Liz snapped, raising her eyebrow at the boy who was sipping his own drink with a smirk.

 

"Oh, my mistake. My name is Park Chanyeol, but you may call me Chanyeol, or Channie if you feel like it. And you are?" He winked, looking at her up and down.

 

Despite herself, Liz felt herself blush, rather enjoying his attention. "My name is Elizabeth Bennings, and this is my sister Catherine. You can call me Liz."

 

"Well Liz, would you humor me with a dance? You seem like you need a chance to unwind." He smiled winningly at her, holding his hand out to her.

 

Liz paused, staring at the boy in debate. Something within her cried out to her to just take his hand! Take it! Go dance! She struggled with it for a moment, then she nodded, placing her hand in his and allowed him to follow her to the dance floor.

 

The song of choice was an upbeat one, with a throbbing beat that just begged to be danced to. It was as if the song cried out to her, and she was helpless to resist it's siren song. Almost without permission her feet began to move to the song, her body following suit. She spun around, lost in the music, her hips swaying to the beat. Hands encircled her waist, warm and strong, followed by a chest pressed to her back.

 

Under normal circumstances she would have slapped the hell out of the guy who tried to touch her, but oddly, this felt okay. However, what did disturb her was his lack of rhythm. He felt disjointed, unsure of himself. Turning around, she couldn't help but laugh at the look of concentration on his face. "You talk all this game but can barely follow a beat?! Wow."

 

Despite her words, Chanyeol smirked, raising an eyebrow. "I still got you on the dance floor, didn't I? And I don't see you in a hurry to get away either." He grinned at her, causing a warm fuzzy feeling to wash over her; he really was attractive in his own nerdy way. "Do you go to the local school here? I bet you're a dance focus aren't you."

 

She laughed, nodding, very aware of his hands still on her hips, the closeness of his lips to her ear so they could talk. "I am, yes. Recently got a job too! I'm going to be training an up-and-coming boy group with SM Entertainment!"

 

An odd look flickered across Chanyeol's face, but the smile came back, though slightly uncertain. "Is that so. Well, congratulations! And I guess I'll see you around the school; I'm a student there too. Is your sister also on campus?"

 

"Yea, actually. She's a-... Cat?!" She looked over to the bar, seeing that Cat was no longer at the bar. "Where is she?! Cat?! Catherine?!" She cried, pushing away from Chanyeol's arms, losing his heat feeling like a slap across the face. "Where is my sister?!"

 

"Stay calm, we'll find her. I have a few friends here; maybe they can help us. Go to the bar and ask the bartender if he saw her leave with anyone specific." He pushed through the crowd, over to a small group of guys at the other end of the bar, murmuring to each other.

 

Liz ran up to the bar, frantically asking the bartender where Cat had gone to. "When you went off with that boy, she sat here for a few minutes. To be honest with you miss, she didn't seem too happy about it. She started crying then asked for me to call her a cab. She didn't say where she was going."

 

"What?! And you just let her go?!" She cried, furious with both herself and him. Why did she let herself get so wrapped up with the boy?! Grabbing at her hair, she felt tears gather in her eyes, ashamed that she had done the one thing she hadn't wanted to; left her alone.

 

Not waiting for Chanyeol to return, she ran out of the bar and hailed herself a cab. Frantically she barked out the address to the driver as she tried calling her sister's cellphone, despite knowing she'll never answer. "C'mon Cat... answer me... please..."

 

The minute the cab pulled into her driveway she shoved money through the window, running to the door and finding it unlocked; her sister had had the key. "Cat! Cat please!!" Running to her room she found her door locked, and she shook the handle. "Please Cat, just talk to me!"

 

"Talk?! You want to talk!?" Cat threw the door open, makeup streaming down her face as she glared at her older sister. "You left me, ALONE, in a bar, for a boy you had just met! God damn it Liz, I thought you of all people wouldn't do that to me! Our first night here and you bail just because some doe-eyed kid eyes you up! How the can I trust you?" Sobs wracked her body as she threw the clothes she had worn at her head, having changed into sweats and an oversized BigBang t-shirt.

 

"Cat... Cat I-I'm sorry... I know I shouldn't have but I... I don't know what came over me." Liz murmured, knowing no matter what she said to her wouldn't fix the pain she felt now. "I allowed myself to be won over by a guy I barely met and left you alone... I never should have done that, and I know that you're mad at me but-... but I don't know how to fix it."

 

"Just... just leave me alone, okay? Go back to the bar... be with that kid. You obviously like him more than me." She snapped, slamming the door in her face. Soon muffled sobs could be heard within, as if she was crying into a pillow.

 

---Cat's POV---

How could she do that to me?! Bail on me the first night there?! And at a bar nonetheless. Despite her tears, Cat was furious, pissed off that she had let a guy steal her sister away. She had tried to make the most of it, having seen a rather cute guy smile shyly at her from across the bar, but she was too nervous to even do anything about it. He had obviously been one of that guy, Chanyeol's, friends, as he had cheered when Liz hadn't smacked him on the dance floor.

 

Memories just kept flooding back, finding her ex in bed with another girl, someone who was supposed to be her best friend. And to make matters worse, it was when she had come over to surprise him on his birthday... She had finally been ready to commit to the ual aspect of their relationship, but she found him obviously healing with that girl.

 

A dark feeling had descended over her, and out of the corner of her eye she saw that same guy frown, obviously seeing something was wrong with her. When he made moves to come over to her, she snapped; a stranger was paying more attention to her than her own sister! Tears had started flowing down her cheeks, and through her sobs she asked the bartender to call her a cab, ignoring his questions of concern.

 

Running past the guy, he had made it to her side, she bolted outside and into the cab, choking out their new address, thankful she had the actual key. She had been home for a good ten minutes before her sister came in, smelling like a mix of that boy's cologne and her own perfume. Rage boiled through her, and she was ashamed that she had taken it out on her, yelling at her about her betrayal.

 

Now that she was sitting on her bed, she let the tears fall, hugging her arms to herself tightly, her teddy bear wrapped in her grasp. After a good ten minutes of crying, hearing Liz's quiet pleas to open the door, she laid down, curling up on her bed, exhausted from the day's events.