Here's Where it Starts

Life Starts Here

     "We still have so much packing to do...." Cat muttered, rubbing the back of her neck with her free hand, grumbling at the shopping bags that hung from her hands and wrists. "And you just insisted on buying more clothes, didn't you."

     "Hey! It's not my fault that you didn't start early enough." Liz cried out, leaning away from her sister and smirking, raising her eyebrow. "I gave you plenty of warning that we had to pack. You just took your sweet time. Aaaand a girl has to look y when she's traveling, right?"

     Despite being sisters, the only things that tied the two girls together were their bright blue eyes, and pale skin. Liz had shoulder length deep black hair, while Cat had chestnut hair that brushed her shoulder blades. However, their love for the arts also connected the two, with Liz being more of the outgoing one, mostly choreography, and Cat preferring to hide behind her makeup brushes.

     "Aaand I guess I did need some more concealer.." Cat consented, shrugging but grinning happily at her makeup bag. "Do you have the keys?"

     "Oh, yea. Hold on." Liz chirped, rummaging in her purse for her keychain. Putting the key into the lock, she struggled with it for a moment before finally pushing the door open.

     "Surprise!!!" A chorus of voices cried, and confetti burst from poppers, covering the two sisters. Cat had dove behind Liz in shock, and now looked over her shoulder at the group of people in their living room. Laughter burst from the two girls as they saw the room full of their closest friends and family, the majority of them grinning and holding up a 'Safe Travels' sign.

     "You guyssss!!!" They cooed together, running into their friends arms, already sniffling and their bags were forgotten at the door. Cat sobbed as her friends dove into her arms, hugging her tightly and shoving more makeup into her pockets, telling her she'd need it, especially with all the different skin types over there. Soon her pockets, hands, and even her cleavage had makeup sticking out of it, including brushes, cleaner, and other miscellaneous items.

     Liz grinned as her friends crowded around her, begging her to bring them back presents, preferably hot men and fashion. As she made promises to bring stuff back, her hands were likewise filled with various cash, explaining that they would have bought her stuff, like how Cat had been given presents but since she had different tastes it was nearly impossible. Shrugging it off, she stuffed the money into her pockets promising presents once again.

     For the next few hours they celebrated with their friends; tears were shed, hugs were given and numbers and emails exchanged. However soon they began to leave, saying that they had an early start tomorrow if they wanted to finished getting packed... they knew them so well.

     Finally Liz collapsed into a chair, resting her head against the arm of it and groaned. "Finally... I love them, but jeez! It's not like we're going to die or never come back! But I guess... it's worth it since they pretty much paid for an entire wardrobe in the shopping district." She cackled, rubbing her face with her hands, clearly exhausted.

    "And my friends gave me enough makeup to cover ever idol in the entire friggan country of Korea." Cat laughed tiredly, pulling all the different eyeshadows, blushes and lipsticks from various places on her body, looking intently at the shades. "Urban Decay... Mac... Sephora... and more. This is awesome stuff! And now I have to find a place to put it all away before we have to leave tomorrow. What time's our flight again?"

     "4am... And it's a 14 hour flight, too. Could you pack my touch-up bag in your carry on? We have to go straight from the airport to the college for my entrance test." Liz murmured, checking things off from her check list on the coffee table. Clothes, accessories, pretty much every hat and pair of cute boots she owned, and her favorite shampoo and cleansers. Lucky for her she didn't have to worry about makeup; her sister had it covered for her.

     "Already took care of that, goof. Do you think I'd let you go to the school all sweaty and sleepy eyed? Pfft! Your face is proof of my talent! It's proof that I can take something so gross to something kinda pretty." Smirking, Cat dodged a pillow aimed at her head and laughed merrily, scooping up her bags and running to her room. "I gotta finish getting packed! We have an early flight tomorrow!"

     "Yea you snot! It's not every day that I got accepted to this school!! We get to go to KOREA!" Liz called from down the hall, a dreamy smile on her face as she thought about everything they'll get to do. Only a few more hours to go.

 

--Cat’s POV—

     Two large suitcases sat on her bed, completely empty of all contents while her entire wardrobe was thrown into various piles around her room.  Shoes were paired up and tied together with their laces, and various accessories were thrown everywhere.  Amongst it all she stood, her lips pursed in thought and covered by her hand.  Her brow was furrowed as she stared at the suitcases, almost willing them to fill themselves with everything she’d need over the coming year.  A year in Korea!!  With the opportunity to potentially do makeup on the biggest names in the music industry!  Well, once she finished her classes of course.  A grin spread across her face as she ran to her closet and grabbed her large Coach duffle and placing it on the bed beside the other suitcases. 

     With quick and precise motions she filled the bag with all her tools necessary to get the job done; eye shadow palettes, lip palettes, dozens of loose shadows in a zippered bag, a matching bag full of blushers and bronzers, and another full of lip products.  Around those were bundles of brushes, all fresh and cleaned, brush cleaners, makeup removers, test strips, toners, moisturizers, and then another bag of mascaras and eyeliners; all different colors! 

     With all the makeup she jammed inside the bag struggled to zip shut, but once it was closed she carefully slid a small padlock through the two zippers and locked it, putting the key on a thin silver chain that hung around her neck.  Heaving the bag to the floor by the door, she smiled pleasantly and nodded; it was a start.

     Turning her gaze back to her empty-as-ever suitcases, she sighed again, snapping her fingers; start with the easy stuff!  Into the zippered pocket on the fold of the suitcase she stuffed every bra, pair of socks and pair of underwear she owned until it was bulging full, then zipped it closed with a “Ha!”  Another step in the right direction!  With more care she began to lay the rest of her clothes into the case, separating them by season and temperature.  One suitcase had clothes better suited for Spring and Summer temperatures, while the other had clothes for the chillier months of Fall and Winter. 

     Slowly and methodically the disaster area of her room was put into her suitcases; practically every stitch of clothing she owned now resided in those bags.  With the exception of her traveling outfit for tomorrow, she was packed!  Zipping them up and placing them by the door, she fell back onto her bed with a sigh.  Reaching up she grabbed the old teddy bear that was on her pillow, a well-worn creature wearing a ‘I ♥ Boston’ sweater from a recent vacation.  Clutching him to her chest, she sighed and curled up on the comforter, jumping when she heard her phone ring, BigBang’s “Fantastic Baby” blasting around her room. 

     Grabbing her phone from beside her bed, her brow furrowed as she saw it was the airport calling.  “Hello!  Cat here!  …Yes, we’re scheduled to fly out tomorrow, 4am.  …Oh!  Uhm… okay!  I guess so.  N-Now?!  Alright!  We’ll be there!  Thank you!”  Hanging up she threw her phone down on the bed and ran from the room.  “Liz!!  ELIZABETH!”

      “Whaaaat?!”  She groaned, hearing her sister flipping out in her bedroom.  She had just dozed off in the armchair, dreaming listlessly of all the adventures they’ll have overseas.  Jerking awake she looked down the hall seeing Cat barreling towards her, her eyes wide.  “What’s going on!?”

    “The airline!  They moved up our flight!”

    “WHAT?!  To when?!?!”  Liz demanded, jumping up from the armchair, all thoughts of sleep forgotten. 

    “In one hour.  We need to be there now!”  Cat squealed, wringing her hands in front of her, nerves written all over her pale face.  “What do we do?!”

    Liz paused, pursing her lips and fiddling with the necklace around her neck.  “Call the limo company.  Tell them what’s going on and we’ll pay them double if they get here now.  I’ll get the bags ready!  Now go!”  She cried, pushing her sister toward the phone as she ran down the hall way.  Ripping open the door to Cat’s room, she groaned as she saw her bags; they’re going to have so much luggage!  Grabbing each bag in a hand, she dragged them down the hallway; thanking her lucky stars they all had wheels.  Placing them in the foyer, she heard her sister pleading with the limo company to get there immediately.  Without wasting a moment she her heel and rang back down the hall to her own room, grabbing up her own two suitcases, duffel, and backpack, dragging them back down to the room.  “Where’s your backpack?!”  She cried to Cat, who was agreeing with the limo that they’ll pay cash.

     “On my bed!  Grab my phone and bear, please!” 

    Nodding she went back to Cat’s room, scooping up the leather bag, teddy and phone, stuffed them inside and cast one glance around the room just in case.  With a laugh she saw her sister’s wallet on the floor, and dove over to grab it.  “Idiot!  What would she do without her credit cards?!”

    When she was back in the kitchen she shoved the bag to her sister, grinning when she heard a horn in the driveway.  “They’re here!  Let’s go!”  The front door opened and the limo driver entered, calling to them as he grabbed their bags.  Liz ran over to the closet and slipped her black leather jacket over her shoulders, throwing her sister her matching brown one.  “We have to go!  Have everything?  Passports, money, chargers?”

     Cat paused, mentally running through her list.  “Passport is in my backpack, same with your touch up kit, my phone and charger, my cash, a book, and my makeup designing template.  I think we’re ready to go!”  She grinned, her nerves forgotten in the rush of adrenaline and turned to walk through the door. 

     Nodding, Liz walked out the door, shouldering her own bag and grabbing her keys, engaging the security system and closing the door behind her.  Her own nerves were racing as she thought about what she had to do in 14 short hours.  Would she make it past the entrance exam?  What classes would she take?  What friends would she make?  Time would tell.  Sliding into the limo with her sister, she explained to the driver how quickly they need to get to the airport, and he nodded, having worked with them before and took off down the driveway.

     The driver certainly didn’t let them down!  What usually would be a 30 minute drive was easily 15, and before they knew it they were paying the man [with a generous tip, of course], and checking their bags in at the counter.  Liz was in a daze as she was handed their tickets, and she faintly heard Cat nervously explain that her duffle was fragile and to please not throw it around.  However, a blast from the loudspeaker saying that their flight was now boarding jerked them from their thoughts, and with a cry they took off, running toward their gate.  They had been given permission to bypass security due to the amount of times they fly a year, so they ran straight to their gate. 

     By the time they boarded their flight their faces were flushed and they were very out of breath.  They were then quickly ushered to their first class seats; pod-like chairs that could stretch out to be full beds that were almost completely enclosed, complete with TV and personalization controls to change the position of the mattress and foot rest.  Liz and Cat were opposite each other, and had purchased wifi cards to be able to chat through their phones without disturbing other guests. 

     Liz grinned, pushing her back pack into her pod, sitting down on the plush seat and belting herself in.  Quietly she accepted a glass of champagne from the stewardess, laughing as she saw her recently 21 sister being carded before handed one of the same.  Silently toasting to her across the hall, she sipped at the glass, marveling as the bubbles hit her tongue; it was always a perk to fly first class!  Soon enough they took off, and once they were level she smirked as she saw Cat pull out her headphones, shove them in her ears and begin scribbling at her makeup design templates.  Eventually she was bopping to the music in her ears, undoubtedly some KPop group the two had become obsessed with. 

     Under her breath Liz slowly began reciting her speech for her entrance exam, the nerves building up rapidly.  They were still 14 hours away from Korea, but her mind wouldn’t let her rest.  In less than one day she’d be touching the soil of the country she had loved so much from afar!  And not only that, they’d be staying for an entire year, learning the arts and tricks they would need to at all succeed in the music and performance industry.  Pulling out her backpack, she triple checked that all the paperwork she needed was completed, settling back into her pod for the long flight. 

     The flight passed uneventfully.  Cat designed at least six more facial designs for Liz’s dance work, and both girls slept the majority of the trip.  Soon the announcement came over the speaker announcing they were going to land soon, so the girls shuffled around sleepily, fixing their pods to the upright position and cleaning up their mess.  Both of them were sleepy-eyed and their hair was a mess, but once they landed they’d take some time to clean up before heading to the school.  The only harrowing part of the flight was the landing, the plane shaking quite a bit before finally touching down on the tarmac.

     “Watch out Korea, your new idols have arrived!”  Liz cried, throwing her arms up into the air, grinning happily.  They were there.