Chapter 2

Mine

Kyungsoo's face was as pale and white as a ghost's after finally realizing the current situation in front of him. His cheeks and his whole face feel as cold as ice after understanding that Jongin was the new transfer student, and Jongin will now study in Shinjae together with him in the same class. He was stuck on staring blankly with wide eyes on his desk, unable to move or think or maybe even breathe properly.

"Kyungsoo... Are you okay?" Minseok suddenly said from his left side, noticing how the color suddenly left the other's face. "Y-You look so pale..."

Kyungsoo suddenly snapped from his trance at the sudden sound of his name and faced Minseok, saying "N-No... I'm totally fine... I just... felt a little dizzy, that's all..."

"Do you want me to take you to the clinic?" Minseok said worryingly. The natural and loving 'hyung' in him being awakened whenever things such as these occur. "You're as pale as a ghost, Soo!"

"I said I'm fine," the other blurted out in a slightly irritated tone which put Minseok off a little; it was the first time he heard Kyungsoo talk like that. He shot him a confused and worried look and then just shrugged the matter off.

Jongin, on the other hand, was eyeing Minseok with flames burning in his eyes. He then promised himself to definitely keep an eye on this boy.

"Mr. Kim Jongin and Mr. Oh Sehun will be your new classmates for this whole semester," Mr. Choi suddenly said in front of the class. "Be nice to them."

A chorus of amazed gasps and surprised clatters filled the entire classroom after, each student firing questions with each other nonstop. A girl even asked Minseok something like "You mean the Kim Jongin whose father owns TKS Telecom and TBS Channel?"

"Yeah," he plainly replied.

"You mean the Kim Jongin is cousins with the Kim Jongdae?" the girl from Minseok's back continued to ask. "Wait, you are a Kim too, right? Are you somehow related with them?!"

"Heck no," Minseok quickly replied, suddenly feeling a little bit awkward for having the same surname as the new transferee. "They're a different family of Kims." he added consciously. "Ugh why are there so many freaking Kims in Korea, anyway. Even Joonmyun is a Kim himself!"

Sehun and Jongin both bowed deeply in front of the class, which was enough to calm the students down and suddenly settle their eyes on the two new boys again. Mr. Choi then started looking for empty seats in his room, and spotted a vacant seat right on Minseok's side. "Ah, that one's available. Sehun, you can sit there. Third row, last line, just beside the window."

Sehun bowed a little to Mr. Choi then slowly made his way to his seat. He looked so uninterested the others' thought he might have something against sitting beside Minseok or sitting beside the window.

"Hi there, newcomer! Kim Minseok in the house!" the shorter boy blurted out while extending an arm to the poker-faced guy.

Sehun lazily grabbed the hand and shook it limply, saying "Oh Sehun. Nice to meet you too." in such a bored and unfriendly manner. Minseok didn't consider prolonging the conversation any further.

"And you, Jongin..." Mr. Choi said, scanning the room for one more vacant seat. "There. You can sit there. Fourth row, middle line. Behind Kyungsoo-ssi."

Joonmyun suddenly stood up and yelled a "No!" at the top of his lungs while stomping his hands on his desk. Everyone went silent after that; utterly shocked and surprised at the sudden reaction of Joonmyun. Even Kyungsoo stared at him wide-eyed.

In the midst of the silence, Jongin can't help himself but smile a little. He did his best to fight a snicker from coming out of his lips, and Sehun noticed how the other boy enjoys the current situation.

"...Joonmyun? What did you just say?" Mr. Choi asked the suddenly furious Joonmyun.

Kyungsoo grabbed the hem of Joonmyun's uniform and tugged on it a little to catch the attention of the other. When Joonmyun looked at him, Kyungsoo shook his head ever so slightly to imply a 'stop' and that snapped Joonmyun from his raging state. "I-I'm sorry, Mr. Choi. I was... I'm sorry..." he said then quickly took his seat.

The teacher just looked at him, dumbfounded, then said "I need to see you in my office later, Mr. Kim Joonmyun."

The other rolled his eyes and sighed deeply. He doesn't want to talk with his teacher. He can't leave Kyungsoo all alone, especially since Jongin is here again all of a sudden.

"I am deeply sorry for that misbehavior, Mr. Jongin." the teacher said in such an apologetic manner. Hell, he even bowed deeply to the boy. Joonmyun snorted loudly at the sight.

"It's okay, Mr. Choi." he said as he returned the bow (but not as deep as Mr. Choi's, it's sort of like just a nod, actually). "I'll take my seat now."

Jongin slowly walks from the front of the class to the chair right behind Kyungsoo. The doe-eyed boy kept his eyes on his desk again as he felt Jongin's eyes burning holes on his face; he can feel his heated stares even without looking at him.

Joonmyun, on the other hand, fixed his eyes on Jongin as the other slowly walk past in between him and Kyungsoo, walking ever so slowly to stare more at the timid boy.

When he arrived on the fourth row of seats, Jongin settled himself on the desk right behind Kyungsoo, sitting on the chair and placing his bag over his desk. He then crossed his long legs in front of him as he stared at Kyungsoo's back intently. He can't help but notice how the other's shoulders slump slightly and tremble a little under his gaze, as if Kyungsoo himself is well aware about how Jongin stares at him intently from the back.

It's time to take you back, Kyungie. Jongin thought in his mind.

"Okay, let's start our class."

 

-----

 

Lunchtime came torturingly slowly, in Kyungsoo's opinion. The entire first 3 periods before the lunch break was absolutely intense and distracting for the boy knowing that Jongin was sitting just right behind him, watching all of his movements and activities. He can't even exchange looks with Joonmyun or Minseok, because even without looking at his back, he knows that Jongin's staring right behind his head and is observing every single movement he'll do and every single word he'll say. He can't stop trembling and worrying for the entire time.

Their classmates, though, couldn't help but feel in awe to know that the Kim Jongin is currently with them in their classroom, staying there for a whole school year, breathing the same oxygen they breathe. Joonmyun finds it irritatingly dumb and he can't help but screech lowly under his breath.

And everyone seems to be utterly shocked to discover that Jongin is cousins with the school director's son, Jongdae. Even Kyungsoo, who never in a million years thought that he'll be friends with a relative of Jongin. Apparently the fathers of the two boys are brothers, and it's a really juicy news to everyone at school.

When the school bell finally rang to signify the start of lunchtime, Kyungsoo can't feel any better. At last he can finally leave the dense atmosphere surrounding him inside the room and breathe properly for an hour. He's still very much in a state of shock, making his confusions rise higher and higher with every tick of the clock. But at least a break from the suffocating atmosphere can ease his mind even just for a little while.

"Let's get out of here," Joonmyun quickly said right after the bell rang, standing up and grabbing Kyungsoo's hand. He didn't make any discretion when he said the words, in fact he purposely said it in a loud manner so that Jongin will hear it.

"O-Okay," Kyungsoo said lowly. It was the very first word he managed to say ever since classes started with Kim-freaking-Jongin being on his back like a stalker.

"Let me carry your stuffs," Joonmyun said as he grabs the other's bag and textbooks, then quickly grabbed Kyungsoo's hand again and dragged the shorter boy out of the room, keeping him as far away from Jongin as he could.

Meanwhile, Jongin couldn't even try to hide the irritation growing dangerously in him as he snorts loudly and send daggers to Joonmyun. He doesn't like people talking to his Kyungsoo; much more when they touch him. He let out a deep, menacing growl under his breath when the boys hurried out of the room with Joonmyun dragging Kyungsoo along.

The two boys hurried out of the room to head for the cafeteria, ignoring Minseok's protests of "Hey wait for me!" and walked as fast as they could, Kyungsoo being dragged by Joonmyun all the while. When they came upon an empty, wide corridor, Joonmyun stopped walking and checked on Kyungsoo a bit.

"Are you okay?" he asked while placing his hands on Kyungsoo's shoulders, feeling the sudden coldness of the other's skin even through his uniform.

The other just shrugged and said "Why... Why is he here?" with confused and terrified eyes. "Why is... Jongin here? Why...?"

"Kyungsoo..." was the only reply Joonmyun can mutter. The other was completely shocked and devastated that it pains Joonmyun to see him this lost and disoriented. He opened his mouth as if to ask more questions, but a sudden voice from the other side of the corridor echoed through the halls.

"Soo! Myunnie!" the boy that called them from the other side of the hall isn't exactly tall but isn't really short, either. He's one of Kyungsoo's real friends that he met in Music club; Byun Baekhyun. "What the hell are you two doing there all alone?"

"Oh, Baekhyun..." Joonmyun said after putting his hands away from Kyungsoo. "We were just... talking, in private..."

"Oh, should I leave?" the other boy replied, suddenly feeling guilty for cutting off a seemingly serious conversation. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to--"

"No, it's okay Baek." Kyungsoo said as he walks towards the other's direction. Joonmyun followed after him. "We're actually done talking. Let's all go to the cafeteria."

"Are you sure?" Baekhyun asks.

Joonmyun shot a worried look to Kyungsoo, then sighed and said "Yeah. Let's go and eat."

The three of them started walking toward the direction of the cafeteria in the main building of Shinjae Academy, Baekhyun doing most of the talking while Kyungsoo just nods and chuckles at his stories.

When they arrived at the cafeteria, they scanned the whole place to look for Chanyeol who already reserved a table for all of them. He found them sitting on a 6-seater table together with Minseok near the middle of the place, the taller guy drumming his fingers on the table as they impatiently waits for their other friends.

"There you guys are!" Chanyeol exclaimed loudly as the 3 boys arrive at their table. "What took you guys so long?"

"And you two," Minseok said accusingly while pointing a finger to Kyungsoo and Joonmyun, "How could you two leave me behind our classroom?! I told you to wait for me!"

Kyungsoo chuckled a little and settled himself on a seat facing Minseok, then said "We're sorry, Minseok. We didn't hear you, I guess."

Minseok rolled his eyes and just shrugged, and Kyungsoo smiled at him apologetically.

While Kyungsoo may have felt scared and terrified and confused and everything when Jongin entered his classroom as the new student, it doesn't necessarily mean that he can't have fun anymore. He decided to stop sulking and just ignore the boy and the whirlwind of emotions he was feeling. He decided to just get the whole day done normally.

But of course, he's not sure if he can still act like this later in class when Jongin is literally burning holes on the back of his head. Kyungsoo feels like he is in a freaking observation or something during that last 3 periods, and he knows that'll continue until the end of the day. He have to brace himself for the worst.

They all stood up and started falling in line to get their meals when Joonmyun whispered something to Kyungsoo. "Are you really sure your okay? We might see Jongin around here."

"I'm fine, really." Kyungsoo firmly replied, trying to hide all doubts and terror he was currently feeling so that his friend will just stop worrying about him. "Thanks for the concern, though."

"Don't mention it," Joonmyun said with a sweet smile on his face, happy to hear that Kyungsoo appreciated his concern.

"Hey, where is Jongdae the social butterfly?" Baekhyun suddenly asked the group as they all returned to their table with trays of food and drinks. "Is he gonna sit with us today for lunch?"

"He's probably showing off the school to his lovely cousin Jongin," Chanyeol said rather snidely, as if the whole transferee gossips irritate him as well. Kyungsoo wondered why he seems to be irritated by it now when he was clearly curious about it just this morning. "Don't bother looking for him and just enjoy your lunch, Baekhyun."

Ah, so that's why... Kyungsoo thought as he smiles to himself.

"Oh, speaking of the little devil," Minseok said as he suddenly spotted Jongdae walking through the entrance of the cafeteria with the two new guys on his sides, pointing over here and there while explaining something to the two boys.

Kyungsoo saw the three and suddenly felt sick to his stomach again, making the meal in front of him suddenly look like the most unappetizing food ever. Joonmyun looked at him with worrying eyes.

When Jongdae suddenly turned to look around, he spotted the group eating at their usual table and clapped like an excited seal, suddenly dragging the two boys by their hands as he hurriedly walks to Kyungsoo and the others' table.

Now it is time for Kyungsoo to go pale again, and Minseok didn't miss how the color in the other's face suddenly turned all white.

"Guys!" Jongdae beamed on the group when they finally arrived at the table. "I want you to meet our new transferees!"

"We already know them. They're in our class, Jongdae." Joonmyun said with a hint of sarcasm in his tone, earning him a deathly glare from both Sehun and Jongin.

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, can't help but fidget under Jongin's presence, looking away from the direction of the two boys to stare blankly at the table in front of him. No matter how much he wanted to act cool and collected when the other is around, he knows damn well that he can't really do it at all. He's too emotionally weak for these things, and he hates to admit that Jongin seems to know all about it.

And Jongin, of course, never failed to notice how Kyungsoo reacts whenever he gazes at him with intense, knowing eyes. He knows the effect he can cause to the other, no matter how much Kyungsoo tries to hide it.

"Whoa, why the sudden anger, Myunnie?" Jongdae teases a bit. "Aren't you happy to see me? Us?"

Joonmyun rolled his eyes and snorted.

Jongdae ignored his remarks and continued with his rantings. "So since Myunnie and Soo are already classmates with them, I guess I'll just introduce you two to our other friends and--"

"No, I wanna be properly introduced with everyone," Jongin suddenly cut him off with eyes fixed on Kyungsoo completely. "Even with our classmates."

Joonmyun shot him an incredulous look, eyebrows furrowing as if he can't believe his own ears for hearing something like that from Jongin.

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, felt even more sick at the sudden turn of events. He is a hundred percent sure that Jongin recognizes him as much as he does, yet why is he demanding for Jongdae to introduce them to each other properly? Is he playing pretend? Is he trying to convince Kyungsoo that he no longer remembers him? Or did he really forgot who Kyungsoo is?

"Oh, alright, then let's start with our little cutie pie here," Jongdae said as he looks at the uncomfortable boy. "Kyungsoo-yah, this is Kim Jongin, my cousin."

For the first time since this morning, Kyungsoo gathered enough courage to look up and stare at Jongin's face up close, and he has to admit that he was flustered; Jongin looks even more gorgeous and handsome up close. He surprisingly found himself fighting off a blush even before he can even contradict his own thoughts.

Jongin, on the other hand,  locked his eyes with Kyungsoo's. He smirked a bit after seeing the other's pale face suddenly develop a slightly pink tinge on his cheeks, making the other look even more adorably squishy. He then reached out his right hand to Kyungsoo while introducing himself politely. "Kim Jongin. Nice to meet you."

Kyungsoo hesitated for a moment to shake hands with the other, but then he thought that his other friends will definitely notice something's amiss if he keeps on acting so terrified and scared. So he ignored his overly palpitating heart and slowly grabbed Jongin's hand. "D-Do Kyungsoo..." he said in between stutters as he grabs the hand of Jongin.

When their hands met, Kyungsoo felt something in between their joined palms. At first he was startled to feel something of a tiny paper being caught in between their hands, but the way Jongin looks at him intently and knowingly made him realize that Jongin was trying to pass this tiny piece of paper to him through the handshake, for whatever reasons that he's completely unaware of. When he pulled out his hand after the shake, he slipped the piece of paper into his own palm, tightening his hand into a knuckle to avoid being caught by his friends.

"By the way, Kyungsoo," Jongdae suddenly said after the rather long handshake of the two. "Our family invited your family to the banquet this Saturday evening, right?"

Oh shoot. Don't tell me Jongin will be there?! Kyungsoo thought with a dread. "Y-Yeah... Why?"

"Good, coz Jongin's family will be there, too! I mean, we're a family so yeah, they'll be there." Jongdae blurted out in such an excited manner. "I'm looking forward to it!"

Kyungsoo's stomach twisted into a thousand knots. "Y-Yes... Me too..."

Jongdae smiled at him in return, completely oblivious to the internal struggles of the other. He then continued with the introduction as he introduced the two boys to all of his friends (the atmosphere seemed dangerously heated when it was Joonmyun being introduced to the two boys, though) one by one. After introducing everyone with each other, Jongdae said something like "Okay time to introduce you to my other friends!" then hurried to leave the table completely.

Kyungsoo was still holding the tiny piece of folded paper in his hand, waiting for a good chance to take a look at it without getting caught. But when Minseok noticed that he wasn't eating his food anymore, he managed to think of a good excuse then said "I'll grab something else to eat. I... don't specifically like this."

Everyone looked at him questioningly then just shrugged. Joonmyun said he'll go accompany Kyungsoo but the other politely declined as he stands up.

When he deemed the distance between him and their table  safe enough to check on the little piece of paper, he quickly unfolded it and strained his eyes to read the contents properly.

 

Meet me on the rooftop after class. I'll be waiting.

 

Kyungsoo shivered uncontrollably.
 


 

(NOTE: kekeke quick update coz I'm really inspired!
so Jongin is your resident smirking e, and Kyungsoo is his hopeless victim.
poor Kyungie, but c'mon who doesn't like a possessive badass Jongin anyway kekekeke.
thx to those who subbed and commented! hope you guys like this chapter! xoxo!)