Chapter 14

Mine

After the intense and heart racing happenings in the gymnasium, Jongin received a punishment of 3 days suspension; making him absent in his classes and club meets.

Jongdae talked with his cousin after their class that Monday to ask him if he wants to talk with the school director to lessen the punishment a little, but Jongin said he accepts the 3-day suspension and that there's no need to treat him special above the others just because he's the nephew of the school director (which was something Kyungsoo felt proud of, actually).

The next 3 days after that though was surprisingly lonely for Kyungsoo. Never in a million years did he think that he will ever miss the other after everything that happened when they were little, never did he actually considers the fact that he sometimes enjoy his company, and never did he think he will be feeling such loneliness about his absence.

It's not that Kyungsoo had totally forgotten his trauma with the boy; that is actually the reason why he asked Jongin for a little more time for himself to heal and to accept. It's just that Kyungsoo himself wanted to be over that incident 9 years ago; he wanted to be free from it. He wanted to forget it completely whether Jongin did change or not.

He cannot deny the fact that they did grow closer as weeks pass by though, and Kyungsoo isn't exactly disappointed with that. He actually prefers it this way than being such an awkward timid scaredy-cat whenever Jongin appears because it only gets him closer and closer to his goal of moving on from his traumatic childhood. Kyungsoo decided he cannot spend his entire life trapped by that incident 9 years ago, right? So he pretty much preferred the progress he was currently making.

But by progress, Kyungsoo didn't really mean to fall in love as well. He isn't really sure if it's love or what, but he knows that that soft spot he always had for Jongin grew deeper and more profound, and the next thing he knew he was already torn between liking him or hating him, especially after that incidenton Monday. He did plan on moving on and getting over his past, but he didn't plan to fall in love.

And Kyungsoo is infinitely confused again between letting himself fall deeper in love or control it and make it stop before it goes even deeper than now.

 

-----

 

"Hey, Soo?" Baekhyun suddenly said from his back while holding a music sheet in his hands. "You're spacing out again."

"Oh, sorry," he quickly replied after snapping away from his trance.

It's Wednesday and the boys are currently in their music club, doing an activity of pairing up then composing a song or something to be played with the accompaniment of their musical instrument. But since Kyungsoo can't really play any instruments, he ended up helping out Baekhyun about composing a melody for his piano instead while he thinks of a good lyrics to match it.

They are currently in the process of finalizing the last part of the composition and thinking of a good name to call it when Kyungsoo started spacing out again about his thoughts. When Jongin is around, he is busy thinking and worrying about him, and when he is not, he still thinks and worries about him. Kyungsoo's mind is a rollercoaster of thoughts and emotions that pretty much revolves around Jongin.

"You guys will have to finish all of your compositions and perform them by next week," their club president, Zhang Yixing (or sometimes known as Lay), said while standing in the front of the room. "We will all perform them here in the clubroom pair per pair and then I will choose the best one."

The whole club remained in silence, focused on what their club president was talking about. Lay continued. "And the one I will choose as the best will be the pair to perform on our school director's birthday program."

"Oh yeah, it's that time of the year again." Baekhyun said lowly while the rest of the class gapes in awe. "Jongdae's dad's birthday and the whole school's mini talent show."

"But last year, everyone from the music club performed as a chorale, right? Why does it have to be just one pair this year?" Kyungsoo asked with a little hint of worry. It's not that he was expecting to be chosen, but if it really happens, can really handle the pressure? Everyone from their school will be there to watch him sing, and Kyungsoo isn't really sure if he can do it.

"I don't know." Baekhyun plainly replied. "I mean, no one knows what's going on in Yixing's mind anyways."

Kyungsoo just shrugged and stared at his notebook again, then continued to ponder on thoughts about lyrics while setting aside Jongin in his mind as much as he can.

 

-----

 

The next day, Kyungsoo was surprised at the sudden vibration in his pockets during 2nd period. When he figured that it must be his cellphone (he rarely gets any messages so he's really surprised), he stealthily brought his hands inside his pocket and let out his phone under his table to check on it.

It was from an unknown sender, but Kyungsoo already knew who was it from when he read the message: Hey Kyungie! You missing me? Coz I seriously miss you so bad. T_T But dun worry! It's my last day of suspension and I can go back to school tomorrow!

Kyungsoo smiled a little to himself then quickly averted his eyes to the front of the class, scared that his teacher might caught him texting in his class. This is actually his first time texting while being in class and he can feel his heartbeat starting to race a bit. He replied with: Where did you get my number from? And no, I'm not missing you.

It only took a minute for Jongin to reply to that, though. His reply was: That's a secret!! Anyway, see youthis Saturday as well! I dun care if you're inviting that Minseok along for study but I will go to your place whether you dun like it or not! I can't leave you alone with him!

Kyungsoo chuckled a little with that, then quickly stopped himself when he realized he was still in class. Whatever. Go study with Sehun or something!

Yah! I dun wanna! I wanna study with you! the other replied in less than a minute and Kyungsoo decided to refrain from replying anymore, because aside from the fact that texting in class is forbidden, he would also doesn't like Jongin assuming that he was enjoying his company even if it's only through text messages (though everything was pretty obvious to Jongin already, and trying to hide it is actually useless anyway).

Joonmyun, on the other hand, can't stop noticing how Kyungsoo smiles in a silly way to himself whenever he glances down stealthily to his phone. He can't help but feel an inkling of pain knowing that it was surely Jongin whom the other was smiling to, even though he never really confirmed that it was the guy texting Kyungsoo anyway.

And Sehun can't help but notice it all, glancing from Joonmyun from the other side of the room. Seeing Joonmyun sad and a little jealous makes him feel weird inside, and he quickly brushed it off before things gets even more complicated than that. He's been doing his best to stay close to him whenever Jongin requests him to (like during Joonmyun's party last week where the guy was literally stuck with him the entire night) and thought he always hated doing it, but he also admits that it was also fun playing around with him and purposely making the guy annoyed with him.

Sehun is just a mischievous and playful guy who ended up enjoying playing around with Joonmyun, and it's all because of Jongin's fault.

 

-----

 

Lunch break came and Minseok suddenly sat down beside Kyungsoo while holding his tray of foods. Sehun hurried after to sit just beside Joonmyun (he's been sitting beside Joonmyun since that day in the cinemas, actually. It's one of Jongin's plans to keep Joonmyun away from Kyungsoo).

When they all started eating, Kyungsoo was oddly feeling weird. He feels like his friends wanted to talk about something with him, but are too shy or cowardly to ask it. They've been weirdly quiet today and during yesterday's lunch as well, and it's a very disturbing atmosphere for Kyungsoo since this isn't like the group he usually hangs out with.

Thankfully though, Minseok seems to be feeling the same awkwardness as Kyungsoo and decided to be the one to break the ice. "Uhh... Kyungsoo?"

The doe eyed boy shot him a questioning yet expectant look. "Yeah?"

"We were just wondering..." Minseok started and everyone literally stopped eating to glance in their direction. Kyungsoo's heart is starting to pound heavily. "What's really gotten in on Jongin last Monday for him to cause such a scene like that? And you ran off after that and didn't return to classes after. Is something going on that we are unaware of?"

Kyungsoo almost dropped the chop sticks he was holding to the table in front of him. "I... Uhmm..."

"We were just really wondering, Soo..." Chanyeol added from his front. "And worried..."

Kyungsoo, still sticking to his whatever-happened-between-me-and-Jongin-when-we-were-little-is-personal-issue plan, decided to keep away from the trauma issues again. "I don't know what's gotten in on him that day, but I ran off from the gymnasium and the rest of the classes to check on him. I mean, I kinda felt responsible for suspension so I went my way to apologize to him."

"And what did he say?" Jongdae asked him with curiosity burning in his eyes.

"He convinced me that it wasn't my fault..." he started off then thought of a good way to continue his words. He just can't casually open the little heart to heart talk they had last Monday, right? Kyungsoo is just that type of guy. "And that he has always just been very protective of his friends..."

The whole group let out an amazed and relieved gasp, while Sehun actually snorted too loudly and rolled his eyes (Kyungsoo is starting to wonder if Sehun's mad at him or something) as if he knows everything the other said was just a lie.

"We were just really worried, I guess..." Baekhyun said after the whole group resumed on eating their lunches.

"But by the way, Soo," Minseok suddenly said in his usual high pitched voice. "We have to plan out and finalize our reporting project this Friday, since we're both free after classes anyway."

"Yeah, sure." Kyungsoo casually replied back, feeling relieved and glad that his group is back to their normal selves.

"And that study session at your place this Saturday, is it still up?" the other asked while chewing on his food.

But even before the doe eyed boy can even respond, their whole group broke out into a complaining mess.

"Why aren't you inviting us?!"

"How come Minseok gets to go to your house and we can't?!"

"You never invited us to come over your place before!"

"This is so unfair, Soo!"

The whole group all blurted out in a screaming mess the other students literally gazed at their table with utter irritation. Kyungsoo quickly calmed them down by saying "Fine! You can all come this Saturday! Geez."

While it is true that this group has been Kyungsoo's friends ever since entering high school, he never actually invited them to his place. Whenever their family organizes a party or a banquet, they always do it in pavilions or hotels and never at their own estate. That's why Kyungsoo's friends never got the chance to see their house yet (except Jongin, of course) and Minseok literally felt confused when the other invited him over to study at his place.

But now that they are all going (plus Jongin), Kyungsoo has to think of a good way to keep Jongin's sudden visit and sleepover to his house a secret, because he's a hundred percent sure that his friends will definitely notice something once they find out about it. They won't specifically feel pleased once they discover that Jongin did not only visit him, but actually crashed for the night in his room. He's been doing a good job of hiding things between him and Jongin from the group but this one issue is actually harder for him to maintain unknown, what with his talkative mother and stuff.

And besides, there's still no guarantee that Jongin himself wants to keep it a secret anyway. The guy can literally tell the group anytime he wants and Kyungsoo won't be able to do anything about it.

"Can I come too?" Sehun asked in such an uninterested and flat tone, and Kyungsoo wondered if he really wanted to come or not.

"Of course!" Jongdae beamed at him as if the house was his and not Kyungsoo's. "You're part of the group now, actually!"

"Then Jongin should come too," the straight-faced guy said in a little teasing manner.

Everyone in the table (except Kyungsoo and Joonmyun, as usual) all nodded their heads in agreement), and Kyungsoo started worrying too much again.



 


 

(NOTE: I know what you guys must be thinking right now, and yes, it's Saturday again.
Maybe my favorite day of the week is Saturday since a lot of stuffs happened in this story during those days lol.
Anyway, not much KaiSoo, I know. But that's because he got suspended aww poor Jongin. Kyungie should make it up to him, right? Right? XD

And YAY ANOTHER SUPPORTING CHARACTER (Yixing) AND NINJA PAIRING (take a guess who they are xD)!!! HOHOHO.

Leave some comments guys! I love you all!)