Chapter 16

Mine

(first of all, before we get to the story, I wanted to say SUPER DUPER THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME FRIEND chodoiino for providing me that BEAUTIFUL AND WONDERFUL AND EVERYTHING-FUL STORY BANNER ABOVE. I'm in love with your graphic. I owe you one. xD)

 

 

 

Kyungsoo wakes up to the loud ringing of his alarm clock, suddenly snapping his eyes open as his chest heave up and down due to his heavy breathing.

It's Monday morning and the familiar warmth of the sunlight invades his enormous room. Kyungsoo blinked his eyes sleepily and prompted himself into a sitting position above his bed; he has to prepare for class, but the confusion about last night's dream is currently halting him from doing any activity out of his bed as he feels slightly baffled and troubled about having that dream again all of a sudden.

"K-Kyungsoo... My father lost his job because Jongin told his father to fire him... Now we have no choice but to go back to the provinces and drop out of school... And it's all because of you... I... I hate you..."

The innocent voice of his past, childhood friend rang inside his mind for the last time and he felt his heartbeat race a little again. He then just shrugged it off and grabbed his ringing phone to turn off his alarm.

He quickly removed his blankets away from him to stand up and start preparing for school. It's been a while already since the last time he had that dream and he's honestly happy that it no longer creeps him out or disturb him so much whenever he remembers those days.

But he wasn't exactly sure as to why he suddenly had that sort of nightmare again when everything was starting to finally be okay between him and Jongin. He wasn't specifically sure when was the last time he dreamt of it as well; he wondered while scratching his head a little.

He then scurried his way across his room to start preparing himself. He just brushed off all thoughts and confusions about his dream and entered his bathroom to start prepare himself for the rest of the day.

 

-----

 

"So that new transferee from China arrives today, right?" Minseok said (gossiped) to Kyungsoo's ears 5 minutes before the bell rings for first period. "I-I mean not that I'm curious about it and-"

"Minseok, please," Kyungsoo said in disbelief before sighing a little. "Stop denying that you're curious about it coz no one seriously believes you anymore." he finished while having a playful tone in his voice.

Minseok just pouted in defeat.

Jongin, on the other hand, suddenly spoke from their back (he just has to say something to halt the two boys' conversation). "But he's not going to be in this class, right?"

"Yup. He won't." Minseok said while facing the other. "He'll be in Jongdae's class."

"I bet he's going to bug the poor new guy again all day long." Jongin said with a little chuckle.

"I agree. Jongdae and his over friendliness with everyone. " Minseok added with his usual high pitched voice.

Kyungsoo was about to joke something about Jongdae ad well, something about the troll proclaiming himself as the master of the entire school or something when the bell suddenly rang to imply the beginning of classes. He then just quickly oriented himself on his seat for the set of classes awaiting for him.

 

-----

 

The first 3 periods were expectedly normal for Kyungsoo. He managed to listen to his teacher and take down notes like the obedient student that he has always been and even participated in the class discussions every now and then, raising his hand whenever the teacher asks them something.

3rd period was their science class and Kyungsoo admitted he felt a little nervous at the thought of reporting in front of all of their classmates (and in front of Jongin who was smiling giddily to him all throughout the entire time he was standing in the front) but he surprisingly went well and casual. He proceeded with their well-planned reporting and even received a compliment from their teacher after.

But since they are a big class and a lot of pairs have to do the reporting, their teacher decided to just let the other pairs report for the following days which Jongin and Sehun were absolutely glad about since they didn't really study well during that Saturday in Kyungsoo's mansion. They're too busy goofing off and hating each other that they didn't really manage to plan anything at all.

When lunchtime came, the group settled themselves in their usual table when Joonmyun suddenly received a text message from their other friends.

"It's from Jongdae," Joonmyun said while squinting his eyes on the screen of his phone. "He said they won't be able to sit with us today because the three of them are busy touring the newbie around the campus."

"What did he mean by 'three of us'?" Sehun asked while looking at the other with loving eyes.

Joonmyun felt a little awkward under that gaze, and said, "Probably Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and him. They're all classmates, remember?" he said with a despondent sigh, feeling a little irritated and annoyed at the other's obliviousness. "You've been hanging out with us since you arrived here and yet you're still clueless when it comes to these things."

Sehun forced a cute laugh with that, and Jongin imitated a puke at the sight of it.

"Won't they introduce this Chinese boy to us, though?" Minseok asked with an unmistakable hint of curiosity in it.

"I'm sure Jongdae would," Joonmyun replied before grabbing his chopsticks and taking a bite of his meal. "I mean, knowing Jongdae, it's impossible for him to not introduce his new 'pet' to his other 'pets'" he said before letting out a loud snort.

The rest of the group laughed with that and all started grabbing their chopsticks as well, preparing themselves for the quick lunch in front of them before returning to class after.

Jongin, on the other hand, suddenly averted his gaze from the table to stare at the nearby window that overlooks the wide school park outside. He saw random groups of students conversing and laughing around the park where they sometimes hang out and eat lunch as well.

But as he was about to return his gaze back to his food, he thought he saw their 3 other friends walking hastily around the park as well with a foreign boy following them around like a little puppy. He smiled to himself and thought he should call out to them before suddenly taking a glimpse at the face of the foreign boy together with them.

And Jongin suddenly felt like the blood drained out of his face after that.

"Jongin? Why aren't you eating?" Minseok suddenly asked from his front, his gossip boy personality suddenly shifting back to his usual, caring hyung characteristic. "And you look so pale..."

Their other friends suddenly stopped eating with that to stare and check on him, even Kyungsoo who squinted his eyes a little to glance at the other in a concerned way.

Jongin then let out an awkward laugh and said, "N-No. I'm okay. Don't mind me!" while suddenly grabbing his chopsticks as well to resume eating.

But Kyungsoo didn't averted his gaze on Jongin, and he noticed that little crack in his usually confident and brash voice and the way he trembled ever so slightly when he grabbed his pair of chopsticks. He wondered what might be going wrong, but he then convinced himself to just shrug it off and maybe just ask the guy later himself when they get the chance to be alone.

Jongin, on the other hand, felt a shiver run down his spine and he all of a sudden feel cold after spotting the boy hanging out with Jongdae and the others. He did his best to remain calm and casual (which wasn't really hard, considering how confident Jongin is to everything he does; except only to Kyungsoo who noticed his sudden uncomfortable actions) but his mind is unfortunately anything but.

What is that boy doing here? he thought with a dread. Could it be really... him?

 

-----

 

The remainder of the classes went by normally for Kyungsoo but surprisingly nerve wrecking for Jongin.

The bronze skinned guy can't focus on his class after seeing that boy together with his other friends. He wasn't exactly sure if that boy was the one he was thinking him to be, but all he knows is that the feeling of worry is starting to creep in him and making his mind messy and uncollected.

He's been doing an exceptionally good job at winning Kyungsoo back, what with the two of them casually talking with each other now when it is just the two of them alone. He even managed to confess to the other and unexpectedly received a hug in return. They are both doing a good job if moving on from their past, but he never prepared himself for the possibility of someone from their past appearing again now in their present.

But Jongin isn't sure yet if that boy was really who he was thinking him to be, so he kinda hoped with all his heart that he was just wrong.

When the bell rang to signify the end of their classes, Minseok suddenly faced them all to say something. "Hey guys, so Chanyeol texted me to meet them later outside their classroom after class coz Jongdae said he has to introduce the new transferee to us."

"Oh Minseok..." Joonmyun said in a playful manner while pursing his lips into a mischievous smile. "You're just too curious to meet this Chinese transferee, aren't you?"

"Yah! Why are you all being like that?!" the other almost yelled in protest while his friends laugh at him.

Jongin, on the other hand, can't feel easy at all. He then stealthily moved closer to Kyungsoo's side to whisper something to the other. "Hey, Kyungsoo..."

The shorter boy turned around to face him with an innocent look in his eyes. "Yeah?"

But even before Jongin can answer, Joonmyun suddenly dragged Kyungsoo away from the boy to start walking themselves outside of the classroom. Jongin snorted in return.

Jongdae and the others' room weren't exactly far from their own; it's literally just 3 doors away so Jongin can't calm his self when they finally face this mysterious transfer student.

It wasn't that Jongin was scared, he was far too tough and confident for his own good to be terrified by anyone to be honest. What he was feeling was worry; intense feeling of worry about how Kyungsoo would react once he saw the new boy's face. Kyungsoo was starting to successfully move on from his traumatic past, but what if everything changes and be ruined once they get to be with this mysterious guy?

Jongin was literally sweating and trembling a little when they reached the door of their other friend's classroom. Other students came out of the room one by one and they all patiently wait for Jongdae and the others to go out as well.

Almost a minute before they arrive outside, Kyungsoo spotted Chanyeol who was literally towering everyone with his height walking along with two familiar faces; one was Baekhyun and the other was obviously Jongdae.

But another guy is walking along with them, shyly conversing with them while looking a little panicky and confused. The boy has dark brown hair and insanely baby-faced features matching his not-so-tall height and physique. Kyungsoo thought that this must be the new exchange student.

But the smile in his face quickly faded and his heart started thumping loud in his chest he thought he was gonna hear it through his ears.

Jongin quickly appeared in his side after sensing the other's currently shocked state. He leaned down a little to whisper something in his ears. "Kyungsoo... It's not him..."

Joonmyun looked equally dumbfounded as Kyungsoo, eyes wide and mouth agape at the sight of the boy's familiar face.

"Guys! May I introduce to you all the new transfer student!" Jongdae exclaimed in such a happy manner Jongin wanted to punch him square in the face for being oblivious about everything. "Xi Luhan!"

Jongin and Joonmyun furrowed their eyebrows a little at the foreign name they just heard, but Kyungsoo remained dumbfounded and motionless.

The boy politely smiled and bowed to them, then brought up his charming face again to speak. "I'm Luhan. It's nice to meet you all..."

"K-Kyungsoo... My father lost his job because Jongin told his father to fire him... Now we have no choice but to go back to the provinces and drop out of school... And it's all because of you... I... I hate you..."

The voice in his mind repeated and Kyungsoo almost clasped his mouth in disbelief. Luhan smiled at him sweetly.

"H-Hyun Woo..." he whispered ever so lowly and quietly under his breath.

Now he suddenly remembered when was the last time he had that dream.

And now he knows why he had it again.
 

 

 


 

(NOTE: okay guys, first things first:

1. Hyun Woo is not to be mistaken as Lee Hyun Woo the actor here. Hyun Woo here is just a fictional character born out of my fictitious mind.

2. I used Xi as Luhan's surname coz I seriously don't know what that deer's last name is so I went with his rumored surname instead.

3. Whatever connections Hyun Woo from their past has with present time's Luhan will be revealed in the later chapters.

4. The next chapters will most probably be drama and everything. But don't worry; there will be no angst. Just slight drama to support the entirety of the story.

5. And just so everyone knows, this fic is starting to reach it's halfway into the story already. OMG so fast. T.T

That's all yay long a/n. COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS GUYS! SARANGHAJA!)