Chapter 25

Mine

When Jongin came over to Kyungsoo's house that morning looking really gloomy and broody, Kyungsoo knows something was up.

The usual cheery face that greets him every Saturday morning is gone, replaced with half-lidded eyes and gloomy expressions that leaves Kyungsoo feeling a little scared and worried.

Jongin came over to his house a little later than usual too; normally the taller guy would come around just in time for breakfast but he came almost around 10:00am that day without texting Kyungsoo and informing him that he's gonna be a little late for their Saturday meet-ups.

They were in Kyungsoo's room when Jongin suddenly cleared his throat while sitting above the shorter boy's bed, still remaining silent and looking like he has a lot of things going on in his mind. Kyungsoo noticed how his boyfriend looks like he has something to tell him or ask him something he doesn't know how to bring up.

So Kyungsoo decided to just be the one to ask him straight. He sat beside his seemingly troubled boyfriend and looked at him with loving eyes. "Jongin? What's wrong?"

The other faced him with a confused and troubled look before letting out a sigh. "Where have you been last Tuesday, Kyungie?"

Kyungsoo almost froze on his spot, feeling petrified at the sudden question from his boyfriend. Luckily he still had the strength to reply and say, "What do you mean? We were at school on that day..."

"I mean after classes, Kyungsoo," Jongin said in a slightly annoyed tone. Kyungsoo just gulped hard in return. "Baekhyun told me yesterday that he thought I took you out somewhere last Tuesday coz he said you didn't went to practice with him. Where did you go then?"

Shoot. "I..."

"Yes?"

"I... um..." the doe eyed boy said in a contemplating manner, deciding in his mind whether to smoothly try lying his way out or just honestly admitting the truth.

And then his mind quickly thought of Jongin's current position right now. He tried to put himself on his boyfriend's shoes and suddenly felt terrible to himself; a person as possessive and as paranoid as Jongin must be raging in anger right now, but he just sits there quietly and calmly because he doesn't want to scare Kyungsoo in any way. He suddenly remembered that lying was never in his field of expertise anyway and he would never like to be lied on himself.

He suddenly remembered the struggles Jongin went through just to get him back and the changes he's been continuously doing to be worthy of Kyungsoo. He sighed a little to himself and decided to just tell the truth, especially since he knows and he's confident that he didn't do anything wrong anyway. "I was with Minseok."

Jongin just let out a weird sound that seemed like a mixture of annoyance and amazement after that. "You're having a date with a guy you know I'm being jealous of?"

"N-No, it's not like that," Kyungsoo said with a stutter, trying his best to not panic. The more he'd show how panicky and worried he is, the more suspicious Jongin would get and he doesn't want that. He sat still on his spot and spoke in a calm and collected manner to try and convince his boyfriend. "We just... had a little talk. That's all."

"About what?"

"It's a little personal..."

"You're keeping things from me?"

"I'm keeping Minseok's secret," Kyungsoo defended flatly. "It's not about me, it's about him and it's personal..."

"Then why didn't you tell me you're going to talk with him?"

"I-I just thought you wouldn't let me go with him so..."

"I could've come with you."

"Well that's exactly it, Jongin. If I tell you and asked for your permission you wouldn't let me go alone. You wouldn't let me go without you and--"

"Ah so you don't want me to come with you, then? You don't want me to be with you, is that what you were trying to say?"

"No!" Kyungsoo accidentally shouted due to the frustration he was feeling. An angry Jongin is a narrow-minded Jongin, and Kyungsoo knows talking to him when his mad is like trying to ask a stone wall to talk with you. He's just that stubborn and hardheaded. "Just please listen first, Jongin!"

"It's okay, I got your point," Jongin suddenly said while standing up and fixing the little creases in his shirt and pants. "You didn't tell me coz you don't want me poking around on your 'business' coz you don't wanna be with me..."

"What?! What are you saying?!" Kyungsoo's frustrations reached to the point where he's slowly losing his cool as well. "God, listen to yourself! You're so inconsiderate, Jongin..."

"Wow so I'm the inconsiderate one here? Aren't you the one who hid things from me?"

"I can't believe you Jongin..." Kyungsoo said before placing his hands on his face to hide the tears slowly forming from his eyes, his voice sounding weak and controlled compared to the sudden outburst he just had a while ago. "I... I can't believe you..."

Jongin just stared at his boyfriend blankly, and then suddenly sighed to himself and sat down again beside the shorter boy. "I... I'm sorry..." he said, guilt slowly creeping in him at the sight of a silently crying Kyungsoo. "I-I was just really confused and I... Well you know me Kyungie I just... I'm..."

"I should've just lied..." Kyungsoo said in between sobs, still hiding his face from the other. "I shouldn't have told the truth. It just annoyed you more..."

"N-No, Kyungie," Jongin said in a rather panicky voice, all feelings of anger and annoyance suddenly gone and replaced with the usual kindness and concern for the other. Jongin just felt extremely guilty for arguing with him when he knows Kyungsoo didn't do anything wrong in the first place. It's true that Kyungsoo didn't ask for his permission, but it's not like he did something bad. Jongin was just naturally possessive and he didn't really mean to say those words, so when the anger subsided and his love and concern for the other surfaced again, he's more than guilty at what he just acted towards Kyungsoo.

Jongin wrapped his arms tightly in a sideway manner around his sniffing boyfriend, placing his head on the crook between the other's neck and collarbone. "Okay... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get mad baby..." the tanned skin guy said in a calm and comforting manner while tightening his side hug on the other. "I was just... jealous. I mean yes I know I have nothing to be jealous of but Kyungie... You know I'm still on the process of keeping my possessiveness at bay. I'm sorry if it sounds unfair but I'm trying to change that attitude for you Kyungie, so you won't feel like I'm trapping you in my cage or something..."

Kyungsoo sniffed one last time with that, face still buried in his delicate hands. Jongin decided to continue his sentence after that. "But... I guess I'm still really extremely possessive and I'm sorry for being dumb. I didn't mean to get mad baby, please stop crying..."

"I just couldn't tell you back then coz I'm scared of what your reaction would be like, Jongin..." Kyungsoo suddenly replied, voice muffled due to the pair of hands covering his face. "I'm scared that you'll get mad. I'm scared that you might accuse me of things. I'm scared that... I... I'm just really scared of you, Jongin..."

The tanned guy has to admit that that last sentence hit him like a bullet train, but he refrained from contemplating about it and focused on apologizing to his boyfriend first.

"I'm sorry..." Jongin instantly replied while planting a quick kiss on Kyungsoo's neck. "But don't worry, I'll... try to do my best to show you that you have nothing to be scared of me."

Kyungsoo nodded a little with that but still kept his hands on his face, feeling too embarrassed at the way he cried and felt fearful over a little argument like that. Kyungsoo is just that sensitive and emotional. He knows he has to eventually change it too, but Kyungsoo is still just adjusting to being in a relationship with someone and Jongin clearly understands that.

They both have their own shortcomings, but they're both willing to adjust and cope with one another because that's what loving unconditionally means.

"Kyungie..." Jongin suddenly said while placing his hand above the other, giving it a little grip before slowly removing it from the other's face. "Stop crying..."

"I'm sorry for being such a cry baby," Kyungsoo said before frantically wiping his eyes clean from all the tears. "Ugh this is so embarrassing."

"No, it's okay baby..." the tanned guy said, suddenly cupping his lover's face between his hands and rubbing his thumb across his cheeks. "I love you so much and I'm sorry if I hurt you, Kyungie..."

"I'm sorry if I hid things too," Kyungsoo replied after smiling a little with what the other just said. "It's just really personal for Minseok and it's unfair of me to tell it to you when I promised him to remain quiet about it... I hope you understand..."

"I do, I understand now..." Jongin said in a comforting manner. "I'm really sorry, Kyungie... I promise I'll try to listen first before bursting out in anger next time..."

"Okay..." Kyungsoo said with a smile, feeling glad and lighthearted now that everything seems to be fine between them again. "I love you too, by the way."

"I know you do..." Jongin replied in his usual playful tone before quickly capturing the other's lips in a quick kiss, startling Kyungsoo a bit before kissing his boyfriend back.

 

-----

 

Usually, Kyungsoo is the type of person to just stay indoors and cuddle with his lover in bed all day long. Going out and having fun actually tires him out, even if it's with his friends or with Jongin.

So when dinnertime came and Kyungsoo suddenly informed his mom in front of Jongin that they'd be out for the night to hang out somewhere, Jongin was literally shocked and surprised. Kyungsoo didn't tell him anything about it either during the entire day so he clearly has no idea about what the doe eyed boy was talking about.

When Mrs. Do asked where they're going, Kyungsoo just smiled giddily and said he has to buy a random stuff somewhere and he needs Jongin to accompany him. His mom just nodded in return and let the two boys hang out for the night.

Kyungsoo then thanked her mom for letting him and his 'best friend' hang out before running back to his room to prepare. "What was that all about, Kyungie?"

"I'm gonna take you out on a date, Jongin," Kyungsoo said excitedly while shuffling through his room, grabbing his towel and entering his walk-in wardrobe to look for clothes to wear.

"What do you mean? I thought you wanna stay at home flr the whole day?"

"I changed my mind," the doe eyed boy said while chuckling. "And I'm gonna be the one to take you out, okay? I'll treat you and everything. Just think of it as my way of saying sorry for hiding my little meeting with Minseok."

The smile on Jongin's face almost reached to his ears, fuzzy feeling in his stomach consuming him because of Kyungsoo's sweet words. "But you don't have to do that. I'm the one who should make it up to you, baby..."

"But I want to," Kyungsoo said with an adorable pout. "You're always the one taking me out and leading the dates. I wanna experience being the gentleman tonight..."

Jongin chuckled a little too loudly with that though. "Gentleman? You, Kyungie?"

The shorter boy stopped on his tracks and faced his boyfriend with an offended look. "What do you mean by that?"

"Nah I'm just kidding," Jongin said, suddenly approaching the doe eyed boy and enveloping him in a hug. "You're so adorable, Kyungie... But you really don't have to do this. I'm the one who did something wrong so I should make it up to you. Let me be the one to take you out on a date, baby..."

"You can make it up to me through other things, Jongin. The date idea was mine so don't steal it," Kyungsoo said playfully. "Just lemme take you out on a date tonight, please?"

"It sounds really weird coming from you Kyungie, but you know I can never resist you, right?" Jongin said, tightening his hug on his smaller boyfriend. "I guess I can make it up to you later tonight when everyone's already asleep, hm? Do you like that, Kyungie?"

"Ew," Kyungsoo joked around, chuckling while hiding his blush from the other (because he has to admit Jongin's teasing makes him feel weird things all the time).

Kyungsoo then slowly disentangled himself from the other's arms and said, "I have to start preparing, Jongin. I'll be right back."

"Yeah, I'll start preparing too," Jongin said while flashing him a blinding smile. "Thanks for asking me out on a date, Kyungie."

"You're welcome," Kyungsoo replied in the sassiest voice he can ever do, which only made Jongin laugh. The shorter boy just pouted despondently in return.

 

-----

 

Kyungsoo took his date in a classy American restaurant inside one of Chanyeol's malls. The doe eyed boy suddenly remembered that he doesn't know how to drive and he has to rely on their family driver for tonight, so he can't take Jongin somewhere far and different or his mother won't be pleased.

Jongin assured him that it was totally okay though, and they both settled to a restaurant that serves western foods. They ordered for steaks and salads and of course fried chicken for Jongin (who ate most of their meals since Kyungsoo isn't much of a big eater) while having their usual conversations.

They finished having their dinner for an hour or so and Kyungsoo asked their waiter for their bill before Jongin brought out his wallet to get his credit card out. "I'm paying for this, Kyungie."

"No!" Kyungsoo almost snapped at his boyfriend, earning their table glances and stares from the other people inside the place. Kyungsoo nervously chuckled in embarrassment before saying, "I-I mean no, you can't pay coz I'm the one who asked you out and you agreed with it, Jongin..."

"Yeah, but I just..." Jongin tried to protest a little, but after seeing his boyfriend send him a seemingly betrayed and pouty look, he then just shrugged off and smiled. "Okay okay, it's your turn today."

"Alright!" Kyungsoo beamed at him before bringing out his wallet, feeling happy and glad to convince his boyfriend for tonight.

They left the restaurant right after paying for their bill and started walking through the mall. It was starting to get late and only a few people remains inside, so Jongin figured it's okay to at least place his arm above Kyungsoo's shoulders as they walk back to the parking lot.

But when Jongin realized that they're going the wrong way, he suddenly faced his shorter boyfriend with a questioning look and asked, "Where are we going?"

"To the cinemas," Kyungsoo confidently said while having his trademark heart shaped smile. "Our date isn't finished yet, Jongin."

"Oh, wow," Jongin said while chuckling a little. "Well, I have no complaints with that..."

"I'm sorry if I'm not as creative as you when it comes to dates though," the doe eyed boy suddenly said in a low tone. "I mean, all I can ever think of was to take you out for dinner and to watch a movie with you like the common things I see on the movies. I'm sorry if--"

"Oh stop it baby," Jongin cut him off even before he can finish his sentence. "It's okay and dates are usually my job here so don't say sorry. Plus it's a fantastic date, Kyungie. Trust me, I'm having a lot of fun..."

"Alright..." Kyungsoo replied with a smile, cheeks a little flushed and stomach feeling a little fuzzy due to his boyfriend's sweet words.

"I just... hope you'll let me at least pay for our tickets now?" Jongin tried to convince his boyfriend all of a sudden while flashing him a wide smile. "Please?"

"No," Kyungsoo firmly replied. "Stop it, Jongin. You won't pay for anything today coz it's all on me and you agreed with it. So stop convincing me, it won't work no matter what you do, okay?"

Jongin hissed playfully with that before realizing that they're nearing the cinemas already. Kyungsoo then suddenly grabbed his arm and started walking on a much faster pace. "Let's hurry or we won't catch the last showings!"

Jongin chuckled with that and started walking as fast as Kyungsoo did, laughing and blurting out random things as they hurried to the ticketing area.

But a familiar silhouette of two boys suddenly stopped them from their tracks just when they were really close to the ticket machines.

Kyungsoo and Jongin suddenly looked at each other with confused looks, as if asking each other in their minds if they're really seeing what they just saw in front of them.

The two boys were holding hands while looking through the menu of the snacks bar, their backs facing Kyungsoo and Jongin so the two boys can't really see their faces. But just one look at the two guys and they know they can't be wrong; one is as tall as Jongin and the other almost as short as Kyungsoo.

They then slowly approached the two boys to confirm if their guess was right. Kyungsoo poked the shorter guy's back a little which startled the two boys who were holding hands. The guy then turned his head around to see who poked him from his back, and then gasped a little too loudly when he saw Kyungsoo and Jongin looking at him with mischievous smiles plastered on their faces.

It was Joonmyun and Sehun.

"G-Guys! K-Kyungsoo!" Joonmyun said in a panicky manner, suddenly removing his hand from Sehun's. Kyungsoo raised his eyebrow a little at the sight of a panicky Joonmyun in front of him. "I-It's nice to see you guys here!"

"Oh yeah? What's going on here, Joonmyun?" the doe eyed boy said in a teasing manner. "Are you two dating? Why don't I know any of these, huh?"

Jongin furrowed his eyebrows a little at the way Kyungsoo questions Joonmyun, feeling a little jealous at the way his boyfriend seems so curious about the other. He then just brushed it off and reminded himself that the two of them just made up and it's not a very good idea to be feeling jealous now, so he just averted his gaze to Sehun instead and decided to tease his friend too. "So... What's up, Sehunnie?"

"I-I can explain, Kyungsoo," Joonmyun suddenly said in a panicked voice. "I... We--"

"Okay I think I'll have to take Sehun and ask him a few questions too," Jongin suddenly said while grabbing Sehun's arm. "Sehun and I will buy our tickets Kyungie, and you can buy drinks and whatever with Joonmyun there. Okay babe?"

"Okay," Kyungsoo said while winking at his boyfriend. He then faced the fidgeting Joonmyun and said, "So... Care to explain what's going on here, eh?"

"I... Sehun and I were just g-going out on dates to see if we can be together, that's all..." Joonmyun said bashfully. Kyungsoo controlled a laugh from coming out. "We're still not in a relationship or something. We're just going on dates..."

"And you're keeping it from our friends?"

"I... We supposed it'll be okay to tell the group a little later when we're really sure about things already, I guess?" Joonmyun replied in an embarrassed manner.

Kyungsoo patted his shoulders and sent him a comforting smile in return. "Okay, but I wanna tell you I'm happy for you Joonmyun."

"T-Thanks..." Joonmyun replied with a shy smile, before Jongin and Sehun appeared right beside them with their tickets in hand.

"So we're gonna watch the same movie this two lovey birds will watch, is it okay to you, Kyungie?" Jongin asked his boyfriend playfully. Joonmyun fidgeted a little at the way Jongin called them 'lovey birds'.

"It's okay, it's gonna be an instant double date," Kyungsoo said while chuckling before suddenly remembering something important. "Oh my god y-you paid for the tickets!"

Jongin flashed him a teasing smirk with that and chuckled a little. "Sorry Kyungie, but I got you on this one."

"Ugh," the shorter guy shrugged while sending an annoyed glare to his boyfriend. "You're so unfair."

"I know, I love you Kyungie," Jongin randomly said to his boyfriend to avoid any little arguments that might occur. "But anyway, aren't you guys all forgetting something here?"

"Hm? What do you mean?" Sehun asked as casually as he had always been, as if the sudden turn of events didn't affect him at the very least.

"This is the exact same cinema where Kyungsoo and I first sat next to each other," Jongin said in a matter-of-fact-tone. "And where Sehun and Joonmyun first interacted as well. Don't you all remember?"

"Oh, right!" Kyungsoo suddenly beamed after remembering the exact day his lover was telling them about. "That's when you and Sehun first hang out with us and we all watched that super scary movie! Yeah I remember that!"

Joonmyun and Sehun gasped in amazement with that, successfully remembering that day as well when Jongin forced Sehun to sit beside Joonmyun inside the theater so he can have Kyungsoo all for himself.

It was around months ago, and Kyungsoo can't help but smile after realizing how much things changed to all of them through those times. It's funny how he can remember everything clearly; how he can remember the amount of anger he had for Jongin back then, how he can remember the internal dilemma he was feeling as he sat beside Jongin and clinging to his shirt and how confusingly fuzzy he felt when Jongin covered his eyes for him before a scary scene appears on the wide screen.

It's funny how things developed between all of them too; Baekhyun and Chanyeol were still hiding their relationship back then, and Sehun and Joonmyun were both feeling annoyed for sitting beside each other during that time. Luhan wasn't even their friend around that time and no one still knew about Kyungsoo and Jongin's past back then.

Kyungsoo can't help but smile at all of those realizations hitting him, feeling glad and amazed at how things happened and changed through those times when it almost felt like yesterday for him.

It made him realize how far he and Jongin had gone already, and it gave him even a bigger hope for their future and for their relationship.

It gave him more reason to love him and to be with him; more reason to understand him and love him unconditionally.

 

 

 

(NOTE: AAAAAH FINALLY UPDATED.
OH MY G O D !!!! THIS IS ENDING IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. I-I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.
so second to the last chapter is posted. sorry for the MAJOR DELAY oh my god.
anyway comment your thoughts about this chappie guys. idk when i can really update this again but that update would be the last so idk I'LL HAVE TO ADJUST MYSELF FIRST UGH.
but i just hope it won't take too long. okay this is enough ja!)