Chapter 23

Mine

The remainder of the week went pretty forced and stressful for Kyungsoo as he tries to keep his cool and not freak out at the fact of performing in front of the entire school. After Yixing informed him and Baekhyun that they were chosen to perform for the school celebration, their club president kinda required them to practice with him on their clubroom everyday after classes end. Baekhyun practiced a lot with his piano piece while Kyungsoo practiced a lot with his voice (though it's his stage fright that should be really remedied and not his vocal skill).

The same goes for Jongin, Sehun and Luhan who were chosen (forced) to have a performance as well. Jongdae believed that the idea of a dance number by the three transferees will be a great addition for the celebration and his dad agreed to it. The three boys then excused themselves for any after school club activities (with the school director's consent, of course) to have enough time for formulating a choreography and practicing it. They were allowed to use the school's dance studio for themselves (again, with Jongdae's dad's consent).

The entire set of days that followed went by fast with most of them being busy for their own performances, and their group of friends never had the chance to hang out again after their classes like they would normally do. Kyungsoo and Jongin finds it a pity too; to not be able to go on mini and quick dates every after class dismissals because they have to comply with practices.

But when Friday came and they were all sitting in their cafeteria for lunch again, Baekhyun suddenly said something that made Kyungsoo look at him with concerned (more like expectant) and curious eyes. "Guys, I have to tell everyone something after class..."

"But we have dance practice, Baekhyun," Jongin said before slightly letting out a quiet snort that only he can hear. He's planning to take Kyungsoo for a quick dinner that night but Baekhyun suddenly said something about telling something important to the group and Jongin doesn't like it when his plans get cancelled.

"It's only gonna be quick, I promise," Baekhyun defended with a smile not as bright as his usual. Kyungsoo noticed that Baekhyun must be feeling nervous. "I... I just..."

"Baekhyun really just wanted to disclose something important to us, you know?" Chanyeol said with a grin wider and happier than Baekhyun's worried smile. "It's a personal matter and it's very important so I think we should all listen to him."

"So you already know what it is?" Sehun asked with his usual flat tone. Kyungsoo wonders why Sehun asks question when he seriously looks like he wasn't even interested about it anyway. The doe eyed boy then just assumed that maybe Sehun is just bad at showing and expressing emotions (which is, in fact, a little bit true).

"Yeah." Chanyeol marvels.

"Of course he does. He knows everything about Baekhyun, anyway," Minseok said with a chuckle before facing Baekhyun and flashing him a thumbs up sign. "And yes, of course we will listen to you. Where are you planning to talk with us, by the way?"

"I don't know. Wherever you guys want. Maybe in this coffee shop around the block?" Baekhyun suggested and everyone nodded their heads in agreement (except Kyungsoo because he'd prefer it to be in a teahouse to be honest). "Let's all meet after our own practices."

"Sure..." Jongdae suddenly replied with a twinkle of mischief in his eyes, as if telling Baekhyun that he already knows what he was about to disclose later.

And Kyungsoo, who was sitting right in front of Baekhyun, finally captured the other's attention by staring expectantly at him. The doe eyed boy raised one of his eyebrows in a questioning manner and Baekhyun just smiled comfortingly at him with a little nod. Kyungsoo replied with a smile of his own before resuming on his lunch.

 

-----

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun's practice lasted for an hour and a half with Yixing dismissing them quite earlier than the last few days. Their club president must be having a date later, the two boys thought when Yixing hurriedly walked himself out of the clubroom looking excited and giddy. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo then hastily grabbed their bags to start walking themselves out of the room as well.

"Are the others done with their dance practice?" Baekhyun asked as they were walking through the corridors.

"I'm gonna send Jongin a quick message and ask him," Kyungsoo replied while tapping on his phone's screen.

When they reached the end of the corridor and were both starting to go down the flight of stairs, Kyungsoo decided in his mind that he can no longer take the curiosity in him and he knows he just have to ask Baekhyun right there and then. "Baekhyun... Uhmm... I-I know I shouldn't be asking you this yet but... Uhh..."

"Yes, Kyungsoo," the other suddenly cut him off with a grin. "It's got something to do with me and Chanyeol."

Kyungsoo let out a deep exhale and flashed the other his heart shaped smile. Although Baekhyun didn't exactly pinpoint what he's gonna tell later, Kyungsoo already knew what it was so he didn't need to ask more questions. Maybe he can just ask all of it later in front of everyone, Kyungsoo thought to himself.

"Oh and by the way, Baekhyun," the doe eyed boy suddenly said after remembering something important that he has to tell his friend. "I wanna apologize to you for keeping my feelings about Jongin a secret before. I mean, I just feel guilty that I hid everything from you when you obviously trust me enough to disclose your relationship with Chanyeol to me and I just--"

"No no it's okay, Soo! I totally understand you," Baekhyun suddenly said with a goofy smile. "And I don't have any hard feelings about it. I know what it feels to not be able to tell someone a secret so don't bother yourself with it, okay?"

Kyungsoo, feeling overwhelmed and glad at the other's comforting words, suddenly threw his arms around Baekhyun's body and enveloped him in a friendly hug. "Thank you Baekkie! You're the best!"

"Of course I am!" Baekhyun laughed while hugging his shorter friend as well. "And seriously, I'm so happy for you and Jongin."

"Me too," Kyungsoo replied while still hugging his friend, and the two of them laughed their hearts out like the good friends they had always been.

But a sudden deep voice startled them and Baekhyun quickly disentangled his arms around the other. "...Kyungie?"

It was Jongin. Standing right at the end of the staircase, looking confused and annoyed. Baekhyun fidgeted a little at the tanned boy's gaze.

"Oh, Jongin," Kyungsoo said before hurrying down the stairs and meeting his boyfriend. "You done with practice?"

"You done with flirting?" Jongin asked all of a sudden while sending daggers at Baekhyun's direction. "I came here all the way from the main building to meet you and this is what I--"

But even before he can finish his sentence, Kyungsoo already captured his boyfriend's plump lips in his own while tiptoeing a little to be on the same height as him.

If Kyungsoo is a different person, he would've been mad. He would've punched Jongin on the face for accusing him of flirting. He would've been pissed off with his overly jealous personality. But Kyungsoo kissed his anger away instead, because he knows and understands Jongin and accepts him completely.

Because after all, who would understand and accept each other's flaws and shortcomings other than the two of them anyway, right?

"I'm not flirting with anyone, baby," Kyungsoo said, trying his best to calm his boyfriend down by calling him with a pet name he knows his boyfriend loves hearing from him. "We were just talking about something, please don't be mad..."

"Uhmm I guess I'll have to get going and meet with Chanyeol, yeah," Baekhyun said in his most awkward voice ever before strolling past the two boys and waving them goodbye. "See you later guys."

Jongin's eyes suddenly lost that certain heat in it after and he faced his boyfriend with a sad expression. "I-I'm not mad. I just... don't like other people hugging you, Kyungie..."

"Okay, I understand," Kyungsoo replied while holding his boyfriend's hand. "You know, you look really cute when you're jealous..."

Jongin pulled his lips into a smirk with that. "So you're purposely making me jealous again, huh?"

"No, of course not!" Kyungsoo defended before letting out a chuckle. "But trust me, we were just talking about something. You'll know what it is later, don't worry..."

"Okay, baby," Jongin replied with a charming smile before pecking a quick kiss on his boyfriend's lips.

 

-----

 

After everyone ordered their own coffees and frappes, the group then settled themselves on a big table away from other students who are all spending time at the cafe as well. Baekhyun and Chanyeol sat in the middle of everyone, while Kyungsoo stares at the two of them with excited eyes.

"Guys..." Baekhyun started off. He inhaled deeply before continuing. "Chanyeol and I are lovers."

He closed his eyes after he uttered the words, waiting for the shocked and surprised reaction that will come from his friends.

But when he noticed that it's almost been a minute since he shut his eyes closed and not a single sound or gasp came from his friends, he slowly opened his eyes to peek and was surprised to see that everyone was looking at him with totally calm and collected expressions. "...Y-You weren't surprised?"

"No." Jongdae replied in a straight faced manner. "God, you two are like the most obvious couple of the century and you're expecting us to be shocked?"

"I thought the two of you were really lovers ever since I got here," Luhan said with an awed expression beaming from his childish face. "It shocked me to know that it was actually hidden. I thought you two were officially dating ever since..."

Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol buried their faces in their hands with that, ashamed at themselves for not being able to keep a secret as good as how Kyungsoo and Jongin hid theirs.

"We're just waiting for this moment, to be honest," Joonmyun added. "I mean, it's not like we knew that you two were dating and everything but you can say we all just have this certain idea in our minds that perhaps something is going on between the two of you that isn't just pure friendship."

"Here comes Joonmyun and his know-it-all attitude again..." Jongin joked while letting out a chuckle. Joonmyun hit him hard on the arm after. "No but seriously, I'm glad you finally opened it up. Congratulations."

"Y-Yeah..." Baekhyun said in a weak tone. Chanyeol grabbed his hand under the table and squeezed on it a little. "I'm sorry if we kept it from everyone. I mean, I just can't find the proper courage to admit it, you know..."

Kyungsoo wasn't sure if he was just imagining things or what, but he thinks he just saw Minseok cringe a little when Baekhyun mentioned something about 'proper courage to admit it'. He then just shrugged it off and continued to listen to his friend.

"But whenever I see Kyungsoo and Jongin being sweet and open to each other, I just begin questioning myself with stuffs like 'why can't I just be like that?' and other questions. So one day Chanyeol and I just decided that it's the right time to confess it to everyone..."

"But Kyungsoo knows about it beforehand, right?" Jongdae said with a playful smirk.

Both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo almost gasped in amazement with that, and Baekhyun slowly nodded his head to imply a yes.

Jongin, on the other hand, stared at his boyfriend beside him with a confused look. "...Is that why...?"

"Uh huh," Kyungsoo replied confidently. "Now you know we're not really flirting, right?"

Jongin bit his lower lip a little guiltily with that before flashing a bright smile to his boyfriend.

"Well that's good for you!" Jongdae exclaimed at Baekhyun and Chanyeol's direction with a silly grin. "At least now I know when to stop bugging and being close with Baekhyun, right Channie?"

Baekhyun laughed a little with that while Chanyeol suddenly pouted and looked down on his lap due to embarrassment.

So Jongdae knows that Chanyeol's being jealous of him too, Kyungsoo thought while looking at his friends' faces. He then wondered how mischievous and aware Jongdae really is all this time.

Jongin, on the other hand, decided to kid around again as he places his hand on Chanyeol's shoulder. "Don't worry Channie, I feel you."

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo exchanged knowing glances with that before bursting into laughter, and the entire group followed after.

Everyone was laughing and having a good time except for one person sitting on the far end of the table; Minseok. By this time, Kyungsoo is now a hundred percent sure that he isn't just imagining things. He's sure that something is troubling Minseok, but what could it honestly be?

Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows in contemplation.

 

-----

 

When Kyungsoo's mobile phone rang and a call from his butler appeared on the screen, he figured out that it's time to go home. The conversations surprisingly lasted for more than an hour as everyone lost track of time while having a good time (except Jongin who still wanted to take Kyungsoo out for dinner).

Everyone then left the place with smiles on their faces to finally go home. Jongin discreetly kissed his boyfriend one last peck on the lips before telling the doe eyed boy that he's taking him for a lunch datetomorrow. Kyungsoo smiled giddily at the sweet feeling of the butterflies happily fluttering inside his stomach caused by Jongin's actions before nodding his head in agreement.

When they all hopped in on their own cars and limousines, Kyungsoo brought out his phone from his pockets to listen to some music on his way home. But when he tapped on the device, he was a bit surprised to see a new text message flashing on the screen. He didn't feel his phone vibrating or buzzing all the time that they were inside the cafe so he wondered when the message was actually sent to him.

And it startled him even more to see that it was from Minseok. He opened the message and red it silently inside his mind. "Kyungsoo... Um can I talk with you about something??? I'm just really confused about something and it's driving me crazy!!! Let's meet somewhere one of these days and talk there, yeah?? Um but keep it a secret from everyone first, ok??? Even from Jongin!! Promise me!!"

Kyungsoo didn't know what or how to reply to that text. He then just typed a simple "Sure no prob! :)" before sending it to the other and wondering what could Minseok be telling him and why should they meet alone to talk.

And why should it be him that Minseok has to speak with.

Kyungsoo didn't like keeping secrets from Jongin as much as how he wouldn't like his boyfriend keeping things from him, but the curiosity is getting into him and he decided to agree to Minseok's agreement nevertheless.

He just hope Jongin wouldn't get mad at him for meeting alone and discreetly with someone his boyfriend basically is being jealous of.

Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows in a mixture of curiosity and worry.

 

 

 

 

(a/n: ING FINALLY UPDATED.
okay it took me two weeks to update omg.
soooo what could Minseok be telling our little hero here??? Hohoho.

oh and guys, remember when i said i'm planning to add 20 more chapters? Well guess what, i changed my mind. Wtflol.
People, this story is officially ending by chapter 26. I repeat: THIS STORY IS ENDING IN CHAPTER 26.

i just suddenly decided to end it early coz i wanted to stick to my original plot as much as i could, you know? Like, i feel like if i try to lengthen the story more it'll probably lose it's original story and it won't be loyal to it's original plot anymore and i don't want that.
i mean, this story actually reached it's resolution when KaiSoo finally became lovers, right? so i am now just continuing this to tie up the loose ends i left.

But it's such a big decision for me too considering that this story is my favorite of all the stories i ever wrote. I'm probably gonna cry when i finally end this omg.

So yeah. We still have 3 chapters until the end. Thank you for all the love i received for this story!!! I love you all. xoxo!!)