Chapter 7

Mine

(DOUBLE UPDATE!!! *blows horns and throws conffetti and rainbows and candies and marshmallows and everything* HAPPY KYUNGSOO DAY EVERYONE!!! ^^)

 

 

 

"What?! Are you serious?!" Sehun hissed to Jongin's ears as they walk far behind the group. They just finished their sumptuous dinner and they're all walking towards the theaters now, hurrying to catch the last showings.

Jongin punched the other's arm playfully. "Don't shout!"

"But are you really serious?!"

"I am, so stop acting like a little brat and just do me the favor!"

"You're the brat here, not me!"

"Look, I'll treat you bubbletea everyday, for the rest of the week!" Jongin proposed to the other like some sort of a bribe. He knows how his friend loves bubbletea so much, and this trick never failed to work on Sehun whenever he asks him a favor.

"I can buy my own bubbletea, Jongin. That won't work on me anymore." Sehun firmly replied, crossing his arms in front of him as they continue walking and bickering at each other. "I won't do it."

"I'll treat you 3 bubbleteas a day, for 10 days!" the other replied in a panicky tone. "You have to help me out here, Sehun-ah! My plan won't work if you won't help, you ungrateful jerk!"

"I wanna hear you beg first," Sehun teased while smirking in a playful and mischievous way. "Say 'please Sehun-ah?'"

"Over my dead body." Jongin grumpily barked back. "I never say 'please' coz I always get what I want. You know that." he finished off while controlling himself from blushing because of embarrassment; he knows he lied and he did say 'please' when Kyungsoo wouldn't listen to what he would say last Saturday evening.

"Whatever," Sehun plainly replied then shrugged off. "I'll be expecting my 3 bubbleteas everyday for 10 days, Kkamjong."

Jongin faced his friend wide-eyed. "You mean you'll do it?!"

"Well, do I have a choice?" Sehun grumpily replied. "I don't wanna be beaten up. I don't want my beautiful face be ruined with bruises, so I'll do it."

Jongin laughed heartily and patted his friend's back rather strongly, then said, "Who said anything about beating you up if you won't do it? I'm not that type of guy at all Sehun-ah!"

The other pretended like he was about to vomit with what Jongin said when they realized they already reached the cinemas, their friends waiting for them to catch up.

"You guys are so slow!" Jongdae beamed at the two when they arrived.

The two of them just laughed casually, then Chanyeol suddenly approached Jongin to ask him something. "Jongin, you know you actually don't have to treat us the tickets coz the employees here know who I am and of course I won't have to pay because--"

"But I would like to treat everyone," Jongin cut him off. "It's okay, Chanyeol."

The other just looked at him incredulously then smiled, saying "Okay, whatever you want!"

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, was busy trembling and shivering as he stares with wide eyes at the poster of the movie they are about to watch. It seriously looks like a movie made by Satan from the depths of hell for Kyungsoo, and he's a hundred percent sure his little heart won't be able to take this movie. He gulped hard as he tries to stop himself from trembling.

Minseok suddenly appeared in his side and placed an arm over his shoulders as he stares at the movie poster as well. "So, are you really okay with watching this... thing?"

"Uhh..." Kyungsoo started, eyeing every single detail in the poster that depicts some sort of a demon or an evil spirit possessing the female protagonist who looks like she was screaming or something while a hand creeps it's way out of , and Kyungsoo suddenly shivered at the very thought of watching this sick thing. "...No."

Minseok laughed and shook the other teasingly, arms still placed on those narrow shoulders. "You can do this, Soo! Joonmyun said he'll sit beside you so don't worry!"

Jongin gazed at the two's direction and his mood suddenly darkened. He absolutely disapproves the obvious skinship and he suddenly distracted the two from their talk by yelling at them. "Guys! C'mon let's buy tickets!"

Minseok heard the boy and hurried to go with Kyungsoo, dragging the other by holding him firmly in the hand. "Let's go, Soo!"

Jongin cursed in his mind, a low growl wanting to escape from his throat after seeing Minseok dragging Kyungsoo along while holding hands. But then he quickly thought of his 'steps' and just averted his gaze from the two, inhaling and exhaling air deep into his lungs to stop himself from going ballistic.

They then approached the ticketing machine and luckily found a whole row by the middle area vacant, so they all settled with seats from that row. The sitting arrangement (from left to right) goes as follows: Kyungsoo, Joonmyun, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Minseok, Jongdae, Sehun, and Jongin. Everyone wanted to place Kyungsoo in the middle at first, but the other protested and said he wanted to sit at the left end (he wanted to sit as far as he can from everyone so they won't hear his whimpers or gasps or something), so they all settled with this arrangement.

After settling with the sitting arrangement and purchasing the tickets, the group then approached the snacks bar where Sehun will treat them all.

"So what does everyone want? Popcorns?" Sehun asked while looking at the group's direction behind him as he stands in front of the cashier.

"Uhmm, nachos for me, S-Sehun..." Kyungsoo muttered shyly with a stutter. It was his first time talking with Sehun, and it's quite awkward for him (like always). "And... uhh... W-With extra cheese sauce, i-if it's okay..."

Sehun looked like he was about to protest when Jongin suddenly appeared at his side and said, "Of course it's okay! Right Sehunnie?" Jongin said while hardly nudging Sehun's ribcage with an elbow.

The other winced at the sudden nudge and said, "Yeah, sure, large nachos and two extra cheese sauce."

Kyungsoo didn't say anything about large nachos with 2 extra cheese sauce but the woman in the cashier already punched the order and he knows he can't protest to Sehun anymore.

When Sehun finished everyone's orders (everyone settled with popcorns and coke, except Kyungsoo who ordered his nachos and sprite), they started entering the cinema and Kyungsoo started feeling cold again; he wonders if he can really manage to eat his snacks when he's too busy trembling on the movie.

Joonmyun suddenly appeared beside him to comfort him a little. "It shouldn't be that scary, trust me."

"Maybe for you..." he said with a dread as they all reach their row of seats.

Everyone walked to their designated seats one by one, Kyungsoo settling himself at the very left seat of the row. Joonmyun followed behind him, but when the boy was about to sit beside Kyungsoo, a sudden voice boomed and they all looked at Joonmyun's back.

"Joonmyun! I wanna sit beside you!" Sehun beamed in an excited manner as he grabs Joonmyun's arm. "Come! Let's sit over here, Joonie!"

To say that everyone was shocked would be an understatement; they were dumbfounded. They were flabbergasted and surprised at the sudden giddy and excited Sehun calling Joonmyun with a nickname while saying he wanted to sit beside the boy. The Sehun they knew would never approach Joonmyun like that, so you can imagine the kind of shock they experienced at the sudden action Sehun was doing.

Before Joonmyun can protest or even think properly about the sudden turn of events, Sehun was already dragging him rather violently to the other end of the seats. He placed Joonmyun at the farthest right chair where Jongin was supposed to sit, and that's when realization started creeping in Joonmyun.

"Oh, great..." he lowly whispered to himself as he realized what was going on.

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, looked equally terrified as when he was staring at the poster just a while ago when he saw Jongin settling himself at the seat beside him.

"I guess I have no choice but to sit here," the other said while smiling like a little kid. "Sehun kicked me out of my original seat to place Joonmyun there so I don't really have a choice."

Kyungsoo snorted and let out a pout as he looks at the wide screen in front of him. "Yeah, right..." he said under his breath sarcastically.

Jongin just chuckled and stared at the large screen as well. The lights started dimming and surround speakers starting to produce eerie, spooky sounds as the wide screen started playing the opening credits. The movie was about to start.

Jongin's plans were flawless.

 

-----

 

30 minutes into the movie and Kyungsoo seriously cannot take one more bite from his sumptuous nachos because of utter fear. He spent all of those time clasping his hands either over his eyes or over his ears whenever something spooky pops out of the screen. One time he even almost screamed when he was surprised at the sudden appearance of a ghost or evil spirit or whatever that is and he grabbed Jongin's arm like a little kid, but he quickly removed his grip when he realized what he was doing.

He stares at the wide screen in front of him with owl-like eyes, curious while at the same time scared at how things will turn out in the movie. This is the problem with Kyungsoo; he may be scared and terrified with horror movies, but once he actually started watching it he cannot take his eyes out of it, resulting into weeks of nightmares and unpleasant dreams. So Jongin can imagine how torn the other is between covering his eyes to avoid those ghosts or keeping them open to understand the movie.

But that sudden spooky and eerie scream from the screen definitely shocked Kyungsoo and he literally screamed and grabbed Jongin's left arm with both hands, trembling and shivering hard as the scream continuously ring inside his head. Jongin chuckled a little then slowly brought up his left arm to wrap them around the other, comforting him by rubbing his hands on Kyungsoo's left arm as well as he traps the other in an intimate side hug.

The terrified boy didn't even bother to push Jongin away, or perhaps he didn't actually notice the other wrapping his arm around him to stop him from shivering. He simply stared at the screen with wide, almost tearful eyes, scared to avert his eyes away from the screen but at the same time scared to keep them on the movie.

But when the scenes in the film started calming down and Kyungsoo's heartbeat started getting back to normal was when he realized their current set-up; Jongin wrapping his left arm around his shoulders while he grabs the other's clothes desperately as if his whole life depends on it. Kyungsoo snapped from his terrified state and quickly shifted himself away from Jongin but the other jerked him closer to him, wrapping his left arm tighter around the other's narrow shoulders.

Kyungsoo was thankful that cinemas are meant to be dark, otherwise the other will definitely notice the severe blush in his heated cheeks. He tried to struggle himself away from the other's arm again, only to realize that it was quite impossible as Jongin's grip was really firm and strong.

The taller guy seems to be aware about the other's embarrassed state even without looking at him, so he slouched a bit on his seat to make the two of them almost face to face with each other then said, "Shh. Just stay like that. Trust me, you'd want someone to cling to when watching this film."

Kyungsoo never looked at Jongin as he uttered those words to him, but the mere thought that he knows Jongin was looking straight at him when he said them was enough for Kyungsoo to fidget and blush uncontrollably.

So the two of them continued on with the movie in that position; Jongin wrapping his arm protectively around Kyungsoo's shoulders while the other clings to his shirt. Sometimes Jongin would talk casually with him or rub circles and weird patterns on his left arm that'd make him distracted from the movie, which was actually helping because Jongin does that to distract him whenever something scary appears on the screen. Kyungsoo was starting to get suspicious about how coincidentally Jongin would distract him just in time before a scary scene appears.

50 minutes into the film, Kyungsoo was totally calm and collected when everything in the movie seemed normal and not scary, as if there will be no sudden ghosts or sudden evil spirits that will appear and surprise the audience. But Jongin suddenly brought up his right arm from his seat and placed his right hand over Kyungsoo's eyes, startling the other from the sudden act.

"Wha-?! Hey, don't cover my eyes! I can't see!" he hissed in a whisper as he tries to push Jongin's hand away, but the other kept covering Kyungsoo's eyes strongly.

"Trust me, you wouldn't want to see that scene."

"W-What do you--?"

But even before the boy can finish his words, a sudden and loud, creepy shriek came blasting through the speakers and literally everyone in the cinema screamed (Kyungsoo heard Baekhyun screaming at the top of his lungs then heard Chanyeol's deep voice comforting the other) with the exception of Jongin and him, as he didn't see the sudden, surprising horror scene because the other covered his eyes for him even before it took place.

"How did you know that something scary will happen?" he said while still having his eyes covered by the other's hand.

"I already saw this movie," the other said while chuckling lightly. "So I know when and which parts of the film should I distract you and cover your eyes for you."

Kyungsoo forgot that it isn't his whole face that is being covered as he let out a genuine smile; those kind of smile that Jongin would do anything for just to witness, even just for a little glimpse.

Jongin smiled on his own as he removes his cover on Kyungsoo's eyes. "There. No more ghosts. You can watch now."

"T-Thanks..." Kyungsoo said without looking at the other at all, but still can't hide his silly smile from his lips.

The remainder of the movie wasn't as scary and as terrifying anymore for Kyungsoo, and he's quite sure there wouldn't be nightmares and unpleasant dreams for weeks after this.

 

-----

 

"That was scary!" Baekhyun exclaimed as they all walk through the chains of shops and stores inside the mall again. "I-I don't think I can drive on my own!"

Chanyeol laughed at him from his side and said, "You screamed way way more than Kyungsoo did, you know."

"I know," Baekhyun replied. "I can't believe it."

After the movie ended, the group of boys made their way back to the store where Chanyeol bought his guitars; they left it there to pick up later when they're about to go.

Joonmyun quickly escaped Sehun's annoyingly fake clinging to him and approached Kyungsoo. "How are you? What did Jongin do?"

"I'm fine, stop worrying too much," Kyungsoo replied with a sigh. "Nothing happened."

The other just looked at Kyungsoo incredulously, then didn't push the question more.

Jongin, on the other hand, was busy preparing himself for Sehun's rantings when said boy suddenly appeared from his back with a menacing look on his face.

"I'm gonna kill you, Jongin-ah. And I'm not even kidding. I'll kill you." he threatened his friend with a straight face. He disturbingly looked like he was dead serious. "That was the most embarrassing moment of my life."

Jongin laughed heartily and placed his hands over the other's shoulders. "Thank you, Sehun-ah! You're the best!"

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, wasn't completely sure why his stomach twisted a little when he spotted Jongin placing his arms around Sehun while laughing hard.

When they all reached the VIP parking lot where their expensive cars are located (and Kyungsoo's driver and butler who waited almost four hours for him), they all split and waved each other goodbyes.

"Bye guys! Thanks for accompanying me!" Chanyeol exclaimed before entering his car. "And thank you for the movie and snacks, Jongin and Sehun!"

"You two are officially part of our 'exclusive' group now!" Minseok teased before entering his own car as well. "I mean it!"

"There's nothing exclusive about our group, Minseok." Baekhyun said as he search his pockets for his car keys. "But it would be really nice if you two will be officially friends with us."

"Of course!" Jongin said in a confident, assuring way. "We would love to, right Sehunnie?"

"Sure," the other said in his usual flat tone. "It was fun."

Kyungsoo approached their family car with an embarrassed look in his face as his butler opens the door for him, looking tired and really sleepy.

"Sorry it took us so long," he said in an apologetic manner.

His butler just bowed deeply to him and smiled warmly, saying "There's nothing to apologize for, young master."

Kyungsoo smiled at his butler and took a step closer to the opened door for him when Jongin suddenly appeared beside him.

"Kyungsoo," the darker-skinned guy said. "Take care!"

The doe-eyed boy fought off a wide grin from escaping his heart shaped lips, then quickly cleared his throat and said, "Sure. Bye, Jongin."

The other just smiled at him in return like a little kid then hurried to go to Sehun's car (he didn't ride their limousine on the way to the mall, he just used a ride from Sehun).

"See you tomorrow, my pets!" Jongdae shouted before entering his car, and everyone rolled their eyes in annoyance.

Kyungsoo seated himself inside their car, hung his head above the cushions of the seat, and closed his eyes. He has a lot of things to discuss with himself as their car started roving away from the parking lot and the mall.

The boy reminded himself that Jongin was still the fiend that ruined his life when he was little. He continuously hissed that in his mind whenever he feels something of a butterfly flutters inside his stomach because of Jongin's actions. It's true that he was giving the guy a chance to change and to be his friend again, but he knows he shouldn't be too trusting and comfortable yet. He shouldn't feel too warm inside Jongin's arms, he shouldn't feel too happy whenever the other smiles at him, he shouldn't be too comfortable and at ease with his whole existence. He can go on with a long list of what he shouldn't do and feel, but there is an unknown, unnoticed reason actually stopping him from doing so.

He has a thousand reasons to hate Jongin, but there is one reason why he couldn't.

And Kyungsoo felt hopelessly torn between the past and the present again.

 


 

(NOTE: I think I should change the title of this to 'Torn' instead. Lol I used that word incredibly often in this story.
And SURPRISE! DOUBLE UPDATE! AND THIS ALL BECAUSE IT'S KYUNGSOO DAY!!!! HURRAY!!!!!! *claps like a retarded seal*
Seriously though, this is gonna be one of my favorite chapters for this story. xD
Okay I won't be updating this daily from now on, and I'm serious now. Lol. I have a lot (and when I say a lot, I mean like A LOOOOOT) of school works to deal with first so, yeah.
I'll update this when I reach 100+ subscribers or when a lot of people upvoted this or something like that, I guess. LMAO just kidding.
But I DEFINITELY won't abandon this. Trust me, I'm in love with this story. I hope you guys are, too. XD
I would love to read comments and reactions guys! XOXO!!!)