Chapter 12

Mine

As far as Kyungsoo remembers, they are currently in Cheongdam to help Jongdae look for his suits and tuxedos for the party tomorrow.

So you can imagine how confused he was when almost everyone split into different groups to visit random shops their eyes can ever see, going here and there and looking for other things and stuffs. In the end he gave up being confused and just joined Baekhyun and Minseok as the two boys giddily hop from one shop to another, totally forgetting the reason why they are at Cheongdam in the first place.

But even Jongdae himself seems to forget their real purpose here. Kyungsoo spotted him walking with Jongin and Chanyeol happily entering a shop for hats like a little kid, so he just shrugged it off and let his friends go wherever they want while he follows them around like a little lost kid.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun aren't communicating or even looking at each other yet, and it's seriously disturbing Kyungsoo by every minute that pass, especially whenever the two would occasionally cross each other in the shops or in the streets and the atmosphere around them gets really heavy and unsettled. Kyungsoo wished that everything will be fine as soon as possible.

When Baekhyun and Minseok entered a boutique to look for branded and expensive clothes, Kyungsoo noticed that the shop beside it was a tiny yet cozy bookstore. Feeling glad that he can now manage to enjoy himself as well, he quickly left the two boys to have fun for himself at his haven.

He entered the bookstore and quickly shuffled between sections, looking here and there for new books or checking the 'weekly best seller' banner to keep track of new and most popular novels for the current week.

He was pretty sure that he came here alone though, so he was really surprised when someone suddenly poked his back while he was looking at a random cooking recipe book that he honestly has no idea why he was reading anyway. When he gazed at his back, that familiar silly smile flashed at him; it was Kim Jongin.

"Looking for more books?" the taller guy asked. "But why recipe books? You planning to become a chef or something?"

Kyungsoo blushed a little and quickly returned the book he was holding to the shelf. "I just got curious..." he defended.

Jongin just shrugged off, then grabbed a random desserts book with a chocolate croissant in the picture. "Hey, what's up with Chanyeol and Baekhyun?"

Kyungsoo almost froze to his spot, then quickly recovered and said, "W-What are you talking about?"

"They seem to be in bad terms," Jongin replied while scanning the delicious chocolate desserts inside the book. "I mean, they're usually so inseparable but now they're ignoring each other. And Chanyeol isn't really that talkative like his usual, and Baekhyun's not really that cheery as well so I figured maybe something's wrong..."

Kyungsoo tried his best to not look as though he knew something and acted like it was nothing. "I-I don't know... Probably just a little misunderstanding or something. Or maybe they're just not really in the mood or something."

"You think so?" the darker skinned guy said with a little concern in his voice, and the doe eyed boy shot him an incredulous look.

"Hey, since when did you become so concerned with my friends?" he said accusingly, as if a little irritated at the thought of it.

"Hey, your friends are my friends too, you know!" Jongin blurted out in a matter-of-fact tone, then quirked his plump lips into a smirk again and teased the shorter boy a little. "Oh, Kyungie..."

The boy shivered a little at the sound of the nickname, and he kinda figured what the other was going to say next. "What?"

"Kyungie..." Jongin cooed after returning the book he was scanning to the shelf. "Don't tell me you're jealous?"

"Why the hell would I be jealous?" Kyungsoo hissed while turning around from the other, avoiding being caught with a pink tinge on his cheeks.

Jongin just chuckled a little and placed his hands on Kyungsoo's shoulders, leaning lower a bit to whisper something to the other's ears. "Aww... Kyungie? You're jealous?" he said in a breathy whisper as he removes his hand on the other's shoulders and settling them on his waist instead. "Kyungie's jealous... What should I do?"

Kyungsoo felt shiver run down his spine when he heard that deep and teasing (and y) voice and he almost trembled from his spot. He then quickly struggled away from the other's grip and said, "No. I have nothing to be jealous about," while still having his back against the other.

"Then maybe you'd want to escalate our relationship or something so you can have a reason to be jealous then?" Jongin said while still keeping his voice low and breathy and y (and dirty).

Kyungsoo had enough teasing and he seriously thought his gonna combust already from the mixture of heat and embarrassment, so he half-yelled a "Yah! Shut up! Stupid Kkamjong--" then quickly clasped a hand over his mouth after that slip of tongue he just committed.

Jongin just stared at him blankly with that, shocked at the nickname the doe eyed boy just called him. The last time he heard Kyungsoo called him with that name was still about 9 years ago when they were still best friends, and it seriously sounded a lot better and fulfilling than when Sehun says it.

Kyungsoo panicked and waved his hand frantically in front of him like a little kid trying to get away after doing something mischievous. "I-I mean, I--" he blurted out without actual coherence. "L-Let's go! They might be looking for us already, y-yeah..." he finished off before storming out of the bookstore (while literally fanning himself with his hands, Jongin noticed).

The other remained motionless on his spot, feeling shocked and confused and happy all at the same time. He then smiled to himself and started walking out of the shop as well to catch up with his friends.

 

-----

 

In the end, Jongdae settled on just letting his image stylist do all the matters about suits when they all ended up buying and shopping clothes for themselves instead. The group then settled on a coffee shop almost just across the parking lot where their cars are, enjoying a cup of coffee and some pastries as well before finally going home.

"Where's Baekhyun and Chanyeol?" Minseok asked when they all returned to their table with cups of different coffees and slices of cakes.

"They're just outside," Kyungsoo replied while placing his chocolate drink on the table. He was actually looking for tea but unfortunately the place doesn't serve it so he just settled with chocolate instead (Oh my god! Kyungsoo ordered the same drink I ordered! Jongin thought in his mind).

Kyungsoo kinda forced Baekhyun to speak with Chanyeol one time when they were through the streets alone, convincing the guy to just clear things up with his boyfriend as he distracts their friends about going to a coffee shop or something. His plan worked out anyway since he successfully convinced his friends to go to the cafe, but then regretted it later after realizing there will be no tea on that place.

"But what are they doing outside?" Minseok asked again, looking worried and concern.

But even before Kyungsoo can answer him, Jongdae suddenly faced Minseok and said something. "They're probably just talking about their love quarrel."

Kyungsoo's eyes widened and he almost choked on his drink. This is what's hard about knowing a secret the others don't know about; it's hard acting oblivious and clueless, especially in Kyungsoo's case.

But Jongin suddenly spoke, fortunately getting the attention of the others before they can even ask why Kyungsoo choked out. "What do you mean love quarrel?"

"Love quarrel," Jongdae repeated with a sly smile. "You know, problems between two lovers and stuff."

Kyungsoo's stomach twisted.

"Hey, Baekhyun and Chanyeol aren't together as lovers," Minseok said. "They're just best friends."

"That's what they say..." Jongdae started, then smiled mischievously again before continuing. "But you guys aren't classmates with them so you can't really tell. But I do, and I tell you, they're probably dating or something."

Kyungsoo, brushing off all worry and concern, actually felt amazed; it seems like Jongdae isn't really that oblivious at all. He then started thinking whether the guy was really oblivious or just acting it out on purpose.

Jongin spoke again after that, saying "So... It's okay with you? I mean... If ever they are really together? If they are..."

"Gay?" Jongdae finished for him. "Of course I don't. Probably everybody doesn't mind it too, I think?" he said while looking both at Minseok and Kyungsoo.

"I have no problems with gay people," Minseok said casually, as if the topic they were talking about wasn't controversial and sensitive at all. "I mean, I'm not gay, but I won't mind being one if ever my soulmate happens to be a guy or something."

Jongin cringed a little at that, realizing that there is a chance that Minseok might fall for Kyungsoo. It's just a really tiny chance, but Jongin felt troubled and now officially classified Minseok as a 'threat' or something. He made a mental note to type it down on his cell phone memo later.

"Wow. Such a romantic..." Jongdae teased the guy, then looked at Kyungsoo and Jongin (the two were actually sitting together) to ask them as well. "What about you two?"

"Same with Minseok, I think." Jongin said while smiling a little. "I wouldn't mind being gay for a certain someone, I guess."

Kyungsoo felt his stomach flip a little, though this time he wasn't sure if it was because of worry or what.

Jongdae looked expectantly at Kyungsoo, then the doe eyed boy realized that the group was waiting for his response and said, "I-I don't mind, too..." then awkwardly brought up his cup of drink to sip on it a little.

Of course he wouldn't mind, especially since he is well aware of the truth anyway.

 

-----

 

The party the day after, as Kyungsoo expected, was packed with almost countless families. Even the whole rooftop of the enormous hotel where the party is held seemed to be too crowded for all the guests, and Joonmyun's parents are starting to panic a little.

Kyungsoo was actually planning to wear the same tuxedo he wore during Jongdae's banquet party weeks ago but his parents surprisingly bought him a new suit just that morning. He isn't really much of a fan when it comes to fashion unlike his other friends, but there is something weird in him today and he actually put out a lot of effort on fixing himself for this evening.

He wore his hair in a slightly spiked and pushed back manner to give himself a more mature and manly look, complimenting the perfectly fit suit he was currently wearing (his other suits are either too big or too small, but this one is currently perfect for his body).

He didn't expect the continuous compliments from his friends though, and instead of being confident it just made him feel even more conscious. Luckily, Jongin and his family isn't around yet so he can still prepare himself for whatever teasing or prank the other is gonna push on him later.

15 minutes after Kyungsoo and his family arrived, the doe eyed boy suddenly found himself on an endless parade of greeting other families and people he hardly knows who, all saying the same boring and monotonous greetings then proceeding to business talks and so on and so forth. Kyungsoo was starting to feel really dizzy when Joonmyun suddenly appeared from his side and grabbed his arm. "Mr. Do, Mrs. Do, can I borrow Kyungsoo for a second? Our friends are over there and I figured maybe Kyungsoo would want to hang out with us?"

"Oh, of course! Feel free to take our Soo away, Joonmyun!" Mrs. Do exclaimed while chuckling a little, as if she was really happy to give his son away. Kyungsoo almost winced at the sight.

Joonmyun just laughed a little and bowed, then dragged Kyungsoo away from his parents to go to a spot away from all the busy people. "I thought your parents won't let me take you away."

"Are you kidding?" Kyungsoo exclaimed with a sigh. "Did you see my mom's face? They're almost too happy and glad to hear that you're taking me away to meet our friends. I kinda feel like they're pushing me to other people way too much."

"They just want you to have many friends and have fun, Soo. That's normal."

Kyungsoo just snorted at that while continuously walking away then gulped hard after seeing their group of friends in front of him.

Everyone was already there, including Jongin and Sehun, talking and laughing and definitely having more fun than the adults who knows nothing but business and money. Kyungsoo braced himself for Jongin's teasing when they reached their group, but he was surprised to see Jongin gaping at him with wide eyes, speechless and disoriented and shocked. He blushed a little then just brushed it off.

"Oh look, Taemin's here with Naeun." Sehun said while nudging an elbow to Jongin, successfully snapping the dark skinned guy from his trance. "It's been a while since we've seen them, right?"

"Y-Yeah..." Jongin said, unfocused. He currently doesn't care about everything now after seeing Kyungsoo's new look, making him want to just grab the boy and wrap his arms around his squishy body.

"Who are they?" Chanyeol said while having his arm around Baekhyun's shoulders. Kyungsoo spotted the usual skinship of the two and smiled to himself, feeling glad that everything seems okay with the two now.

"Taemin is our friend from our old school," Sehun replied. "And Naeun there is his wife."

"W-Wife?!" Kyungsoo stammered with wide eyes, as if disbelieving his own ears from hearing said word.

"Yup. They're married." Jongin replied, looking properly collected and focused now. He smiled a bit then continued. "It's an arranged marriage, but it's not really that hard for them since they've been lovers anyway."

"But that's still surreal..." Kyungsoo said while looking at the young couple. "I mean, being married while still in high school..."

"Hey, is that Kris over there with Yoona?" Minseok said in a hyped voice while pointing a finger at the two. "But Kris' girlfriend is Taeyeon, right?"

"Gossip boy Minseok strikes again," Joonmyun teased the other. Minseok blushed a little and playfully punched the other's shoulder in protest.

"Whoa, Dara-noona..." Chanyeol said under his breath in a dreamy voice when said lady walked almost just by their front. Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows and nudged Chanyeol a little, Kyungsoo noticed.

Chanyeol has always had a crush on Dara, and it's a given fact to everyone; even to Baekhyun himself. Even though the giant's practically gay, he still found himself having a crush on the lady and Baekhyun just got tired of it and pretty much accepted his boyfriend's silly little crush. Dara is practically the only single person in the whole world that Baekhyun gets jealous of.

"Oh look, the princesses of media are here too," Jongdae said while pointing a finger at two elegant ladies bowing to Joonmyun's parents politely. "The Jung sisters."

Kyungsoo wondered if it was just him or what, but he thought Jongin suddenly said "Oh " under his breath when he spotted the two ladies as well. He then just shrugged it off and continued to stare at the two girls.

Sehun, on the other hand, suddenly smiled playfully and nudged an elbow to Jongin. "Hey, you not going to greet Krystal?"

"Why would I?" Jongin said in an irritated tone.

"Well practically because she's your--"

"Sehun-ah..." the bronze skinned guy said in a deep, menacing tone as if warning his friend to stop talking or else he'll push him over the side of the rooftop and kill him.

But the group already broke out into a curious, teasing mess and they all forced Sehun to continue his sentence. Kyungsoo's starting to feel his stomach twist and churn a little as well because of utter curiosity.

Sehun laughed in such an evil manner and said, "Krystal is Jonginnie's ex-girlfriend."

The entire group let out an overly amazed gasp some people near them actually stared at them menacingly. Kyungsoo, on the other hand, felt his stomach twisting into an unknown form again due to what he just heard (and due to Sehun calling the other 'Jonginnie', actually).

"You mean you and Krystal dated before?!" Minseok said in such an excited voice, unwillingly letting out the gossip boy in him out again.

"Guys, it's not a big deal! Stop it!" Jongin said while scratching the back of his head sheepishly, intense feeling of awkwardness (and worry after seeing Kyungsoo suddenly slump his shoulders and looking sad) engulfing his system. "It only lasted 3 months and it's not really--"

"Wow, Jongin," Jongdae suddenly cut him off while placing an arm around his shoulder. "You're the man."

Chanyeol and Baekhyun flashed him a silly grin and a thumbs up, and Joonmyun just stared at him incredulously.

Jongin shrugged Jongdae's arm off irritatingly and rolled his eyes.

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, focused his eyes on said girl across the place while wincing a little. She really is pretty and gorgeous, the doe eyed boy admitted to himself. He already saw Krystal and Jessica almost a thousand times in TV since they basically model and endorse all beauty products ever made by mankind. They even do commercials and endorsements abroad; that's how popularly known their beauties are. But seeing them in person is nothing compared to seeing them on TV commercials, so Kyungsoo's not surprised why his friends suddenly teasing Jongin being 'the man' and everything.

But what he's not sure about, to be honest, is the sudden pain he was feeling again in his chest. He hates this feeling of unexplainable pain, abhors the way it makes him suddenly sad and confused and torn again all of a sudden. He's feeling painful even though he has no idea why, and he's feeling sad without understanding the reason why.

The remainder of the night went gloomy for Kyungsoo after that.

 

 


 

(NOTE: whoa long chapter.
So there you go. Krystal is Jongin's ex! Feel free to imagine what role will she play in this story kekekeke. xD
I hope I was able to satisfy your KaiSoo feels cravings with this though. Yay Jongin being such a tease and Kyungsoo being an obliviously jealous crusher! OMG!
And lol gossip boy Minseok and Dara-fanboy Chanyeol. Yay. Joonmyun's party turned out to be SM Town, what with all SM artist and stuffs wth lol.

OH AND YEAH BEFORE I FORGOT. PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ THIS ONE OUT:
So you see, I have zero photoshop skills. But I currently badly want to have a story banner for this story. So if anyone's interested on making a banner for me, pls pm me and let me worship your awesomeness. lol.

Aaand that's it. Watch out for the next chapter. I'm gonna make it explode with feels. Be prepared. xD)