Chapter 26

Mine

"Are you ready?"

"Um..."

"Kyungsoo?"

"...I'm so nervous."

"No. You can do this baby, trust me."

"I-I'm scared, Jongin..."

"Shh. It's okay Kyungsoo, just... do it. For me. Okay?"

"B-But..." Kyungsoo said, chest heaving up and down while looking straight into Jongin's eyes.

His boyfriend, settling his hands on the other's narrow waist, leaned a little closer to Kyungsoo's face, their noses almost bumping at the close proximity. "You just have to trust me. You can do this..."

Kyungsoo inhaled air deeply, as if preparing himself for what will come next. But even before he can speak back, a voice almost yelled at them from their side, catching their attention.

"What the are you two doing here?" Sehun's flat and deep voice startled the two boys and they faced the other's direction across the backstage. "Jongin, you sound like you're forcing Kyungsoo to have se--"

"Shut up!" Jongin almost screamed back with a growl. "I'm just calming him down for the performance! Just go to your Joonmyun or something!"

Sehun just snorted in return and turned around to leave, leaving the back stage to start preparing his costume for later.

Kyungsoo looked up to his boyfriend who was staring at him with loving eyes. Jongin just smiled at him and started chuckling. "I think we just sounded too weird..."

"Yeah..." Jongin admitted while still cackling. "No but seriously. You've practiced enough, Kyungie. I'm sure you'll do good."

"But the entire school will be watching me perform!"

"So? Don't sing for them. Sing for me," Jongin said with a cheeky smile and twinkling eyes, an idea slowly forming in his mind. "Look, we'll be sitting in the front rows, right after the rows of seats of the faculty members. Just focus your eyes on me and ignore everyone else. Imagine that I am the only one here in the entire auditorium, and--"

"That'll just make me more nervous, to be honest," Kyungsoo said with furrowed eyebrows, cutting off his boyfriend from his explanation. "But... Okay, I'll do that."

"Of course," Jongin said before placing his hands on Kyungsoo's face and cupping his puffy cheeks. "You'll do good. Believe me."

"Thank you," Kyungsoo said with a smile, his heart now feeling lighter and less worried after listening to his boyfriend's sweet and calming words. "You're the best boyfriend ever."

Jongin quickly planted a chaste kiss on the shorter boy's forehead before letting him go and holding his hand for the last time. "I'll go now. Your performance will be in a couple of minutes and Baekhyun is already coming up here too. You'll be okay now, right?"

"Yeah, I'll be okay now," Kyungsoo replied with a smile. "You can go. You still have to prepare too..."

"Okay," Jongin said while letting go of Kyungsoo's hand. "See you later babe!"

 

-----

 

The lights in the stage dimmed and it's Kyungsoo and Baekhyun's cue to leave the back stage and go to the front. With one last nod and silent cheer from the two boys, they left the back stage and quickly settled on the stage. Baekhyun sat down in front of the white piano, while Kyungsoo grabbed his mic and stood up beside him.

Kyungsoo inhaled deeply, his heartbeat racing so fast he almost thought it'll rip out of his white tuxedo. The stage lights slowly lit up, and the stage slowly becomes more and more visible from the eyes of the students.

Good thing for Kyungsoo, the auditorium lights were darkened and the only illumination comes from the stage, giving him the opportunity of not seeing everyone clearly except the row of people at the very front. He quickly scanned the row of seats to look for his friends. He first spotted Luhan, wearing some bizarre looking costume while staring at him with those deer eyes. Sitting next to him was Sehun, his usually blank expression gone and replaced with a seemingly amazed one instead. Kyungsoo thought that must be the first time he saw Sehun with actual expressions.

And then sitting next to Sehun, of course, is the very person he was looking for. Jongin sits their with expectant eyes, suddenly almost leaping out of his seat when the two of them made eye contact. He managed to put a little smile despite slightly trembling, and Jongin beamed him a grin in return and brought his hand up a little to mutter a silent 'fighting!' to his boyfriend.

Baekhyun started hitting the keys, and the whole place fell silent as if in sync with it. Kyungsoo brought up his mic closer to his lips, controlling his hand from trembling too much.

He breathe in deeply, letting the music emanating from Baekhyun's piano fill him in, before slowly parting his lips to deliver the first lyrics.

He kept his eyes locked onto Jongin's as he started singing. The beginning wasn't that strong sounding and his voice sounds too low, but Kyungsoo just focused on Jongin's encouraging smile instead until he slowly started to feel comfortable.

He did exactly what Jongin told him. He shut everyone else from his eyes and focused on just Jongin and the music that carries the words he sing. Slowly, he started feeling comfortable, occasionally closing his eyes to feel the lyrics more and sing it out perfectly. When he opens his eyes it always meet Jongin's, and he continued to sing all the lyrics out while completely locking eyes with him.

When the chorus came and Kyungsoo sang it perfectly, he felt all of his nervousness disappear. Suddenly, his hand became steady and his knees felt stronger and more stable. The atmosphere suddenly lifted, and he swear he can even say he's enjoying what he was doing. It was his song after all; he wrote almost all of the lyrics while Baekhyun focused on composing the melody. It's their song, and he personally wrote the lyrics while thinking of Jongin. And now that everyone in the auditorium is gone (well at least in Kyungsoo's mind) and only Jongin was there sitting and focusing at him, of course it's the perfect time to show his love for him.

Kyungsoo smiled a little after singing the last parts, his eyes closed and focused on delivering the lyrics perfectly. He opened his eyes right in time when the auditorium lights slowly lit up, revealing the rest of the students with oddly sad and almost tearful expressions on their faces. Kyungsoo got distracted and suddenly realized how many students were watching him sing, and the timid boy that he had always been suddenly returned to him.

When Baekhyun hit the last key in the piano and stood up to stand right beside Kyungsoo, the entire auditorium literally clapped their hands enthusiastically and Kyungsoo trembled in a mixture of happiness and nervousness, his skin having goosebumps at the sight of all the students clapping their hands because of their song. Baekhyun smiled confidently though and bowed deeply in front of everyone. Kyungsoo did the same and almost tripped when he felt his knees too weak.

He stole a glance to Jongin's direction one last time before leaving the stage, and almost felt his heart leap out when he saw the other rubbing tears away from his eyes. He smiled to himself before walking himself out of the stage, feeling glad and happy and moved at the way Jongin encouraged him all throughout the entire song.

The performance went well and it's all because of Jongin. He can't help but smile to it all.

 

-----

 

Minutes later and the tables are completely turned; Kyungsoo and Baekhyun are now sitting in the front rows together with their other friends while waiting for Jongin, Sehun, and Luhan to start their dance.

A Chinese student was currently performing some sort of wushu dance or something while holding a really long wooden stick. Kyungsoo doesn't really know what kind of dance wushu is until he learned from Jongdae that it's actually not a dance but a form of martial arts. Kyungsoo ducked his head as his friends laugh at his ignorance about manly things like martial arts.

Apparently this Tao student is very good in this wushu thing, but Kyungsoo can't really care at all. He just wanted to see Jongin dance and perform in front of him, silently hoping in his mind that Jongin locks eyes with him too like how he did during his own performance. Everyone has no idea about the dance too; the three new transferees hid their choreography from all of their friends, saying that it's going to be a surprise.

The students suddenly started clapping and Kyungsoo snapped from his thoughts, his heart suddenly swelling from anticipation and excitement. Tao student bowed deeply and giggled a little in front of all the students, and Kyungsoo almost laugh at the contrasting personalities of the student.

When the claps subsided, three boys suddenly emerged from the back stage, wearing fancy tops and tight leather pants (which Luhan was kinda wearing already even while Kyungsoo and Baekhyun's performance, saying he's excited to wear the costume as soon as possible).

The three boys did their initial pose and everyone literally started cheering and screaming, mostly female students letting out shrilling noises of some sort. Kyungsoo, Joonmyun, and Minseok stared at their backs with glaring eyes, and Jongdae can't help but laugh at the obvious feel of annoyance emanating from the three boys.

The music started blaring from huge speakers, and the lights in the stage started blinking rapidly. Kyungsoo gasped in awe at the sudden music, and the screams even doubled at the way the auditorium seemed to turn into a concert.

The song was a remix of various popular dance tracks like songs from a boy group who claims themselves as wolves and a boy group who claims themselves as bulletproof. Kyungsoo isn't really much into pop music but he knows these songs because he often hears it, and he wonders if Jongin and the others can really perform the complicated choreographies.

Jongin suddenly turned around, Luhan and Sehun following beside him, and started moving their bodies to perform the tricky dance. Everyone screamed uncontrollably and the teachers literally clasped their hands on their ears, but Kyungsoo can't care about anything at that point.

He's solely focused on Jongin, and the other was obviously focused on him too. At first he wished for Jongin to lock eyes with him while dancing, but now he wishes he just don't look at him at all and see the intense blush painting his cheeks red.

The way Jongin moves was too intense for Kyungsoo to handle; he was literally holding his breath while watching him perform. Jongin was wearing a shirt that reveals his tanned chest, and Kyungsoo is really starting to feel uncomfortable.

He fidgets whenever Jongin winks, holds his breath whenever he smirks, and grabs his shoulders whenever he does a complicated move. But when Jongin placed his hand on his lower stomach and a little too much, Kyungsoo literally gulped hard and thought about standing up and leaving the place to fan himself or something.

Jongin smirked while looking at his blushing boyfriend and continued with the dance, his playful and teasing side on a rampage again as he enjoys the fidgeting Kyungsoo in the front rows. Luhan and Sehun continued to dance as energetically as Jongin as well, seemingly aware at the intense gazes from Joonmyun and Minseok.

The music eventually ended and the three transferee bowed deeply, huffing and panting at the straight 4 minutes of intense dance breaking. Everyone clapped and whistled (Chanyeol and the others even stood up on their seats to scream like dying walruses or something) while Kyungsoo just stared blankly at the stage, an equally blank and unfocused Joonmyun and Minseok beside him.

Jongin stared at Kyungsoo and smirked teasingly at him, panting and looking disheveled and sweating and Kyungsoo wondered when he started having such thoughts about the other.

Probably since the day they started dating, he thought.

"Yeah, definitely the best boyfriend ever..." Kyungsoo muttered lowly, a drool almost escaping the sides of his lips.

 

-----

 

"Well that went pretty well," Jongdae teased as they all started walking towards the school's parking lot. "That dance performance was crazy!"

"Yeah, as crazy as your dad's boring speech," Chanyeol teased while holding hands with Baekhyun. "But damn, Kyungsoo's voice was so angelic!"

Kyungsoo bowed a little with that and laughed when he saw Baekhyun nudging an elbow to Chanyeol's ribs, the taller guy feigning pain when his boyfriend hit him.

Jongin, on the other hand, tightened his grip on his boyfriend's shoulders. "You did a really great job. You almost made me cry with your voice you know."

"You almost made me cry with your dance too," Kyungsoo admitted in a rather joking manner. "I thought I'll cry while blushing."

"Heh. You liked that, huh?" Jongin teased into Kyungsoo's ears, enjoying the way the other always fidgets because of him. "Naughty Kyungie..."

"Shut up," Kyungsoo said with a blush, playfully landing a punch on his boyfriend's arm in the process.

"Where's Minseok and Luhan by the way?" Joonmyun asked while scanning their little group.

"Oh they said they'll go earlier coz they'll eat somewhere or something," Baekhyun replied with a hint of mischief in his voice. "Those two..."

"Let's just let them be," Jongin said while still having his arms on Kyungsoo's shoulders. "Kyungie and I are going somewhere too so... See you guys around!"

Sehun snorted and rolled his eyes before smiling (he actually smiled, Kyungsoo was in shock) and saying, "Yeah, see you two around!"

Jongin laughed and faced his boyfriend beside him. "So... should we go to your room and let me continue my dance there?"

Kyungsoo just chuckled with that and hit his boyfriend in the stomach playfully. "Stupid Jongin..."

"But you love this stupid Jongin..."

Kyungsoo crossed his arms and pretended to be thinking deeply. Jongin pouted like a little kid in front of him, and he smiled cheekily to the other before giving his answer.

"Yeah... I love you, Jongin..."

 

-----

 

The very next day, Kyungsoo couldn't be any more confused when literally everyone who pass him in the corridors bows at him and sends him smiles. He used to be a nonexistent body in the entire school despite having a very prominent family in the business world, and it's mainly because of his own traumas about making friends.

But now that everything seems alright with his life already, he figured it wouldn't hurt him to gain even more friends like before. The cheerful and loveable kid that he used to be when he was little now slowly returning to him.

Indeed, everything seems really fine now except one thing; Jongin's fangirls.

He was busy looking for his ID card inside his bag when he heard groups of girls giggling and talking about how great Jongin was at dancing. He even heard bits of things like having crushes and giving chocolates, which almost made the short boy erupt into anger.

It seemed like the three transferees popularity really grew drastically after the dance yesterday. But Kyungsoo can hear bits of things about him too; although they are mostly male students swooning and having a crush on him and his pretty voice. It's weird but Kyungsoo just didn't bother thinking about it because he's more concerned about these girls that giggles whenever they hear anything about Jongin.

And he's more worried about Jongin's love for chocolates.

When they had gone to the cafeteria that lunch time, a bunch of girls suddenly approached the three transferees to offer them boxes of insanely expensive chocolates. The boys gladly accepted them all of course, much to Kyungsoo's dismay.

Earlier that day a random guy walks up to Kyungsoo too to give him chocolates, and even though he won't really accept it no matter what, he saw how Jongin eyed the guy as if he's pretty much ready to pound on the guy and rip his heart out or something if he accept the box of sweets. Kyungsoo politely declined after hearing Jongin cracking his knuckles from his back, and bowed in an apologetic manner when the guy looked so hurt and disappointed.

So when he saw Jongin grabbing all these boxes of chocolates and smiling at all these girls and thanking them for the chocolates, Kyungsoo was in a pretty much foul mood. He felt betrayed. He tried to crack his knuckles too when a girl was offering chocolates to Jongin in the corridor and Jongin just smiled at him and whispered "How cute, baby Kyungsoo is cracking his little knuckles.'

Kyungsoo has never been more offended in his life and he punched Jongin a little too strongly.

Little fists can hurt too, he thought.

But he can't help it too whenever he sees the joy in Jongin's face though whenever he receives chocolate, as if the very presence of the box of sweets can make him smile and instantly happy. He's like a little kid, excited and happy because he received chocolates from people. It's too cute for Kyungsoo to pass up.

So instead of sulking and telling Jongin to stop accepting the damn chocolates from the damn girls, he thought of another solution.

Kyungsoo will be doing some cooking in their kitchen tonight.

 

-----

 

The next day, Jongin was literally surprised to receive a text message from Kyungsoo, saying that they should meet at the rooftop after class. He wondered why the boy texted him instead of just telling him in person, since they're classmates anyway.

When Jongin arrived at school that morning, he greeted his boyfriend his casual good morning and asked him about the text message. But Kyungsoo just smiled at him knowingly in return, and Jongin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

Jongin then assumed the other was just planning a surprise for him or something, since it's basically their 1st month anniversary today. Kyungsoo didn't forget about it, right?

So Jongin played along to Kyungsoo's tricks and didn't bother him about it anymore.

The entire day went pretty normal and boring for the two boys, especially when they both have plans later for that day. When the bell rang the two boys can't be more happy, and Jongin scratched the back of his head when Kyungsoo suddenly stormed out of the room without even looking at his direction. Kyungsoo must be serious about his surprises, Jongin thought.

The tanned boy got out of their classroom and wasn't surprised that Kyungsoo was already gone. The shorter boy must be preparing his surprise at the rooftop already, Jongin told himself.

So he rushed his way to the staircase, ignored their friends' nagging about what was going on, and reached the rooftop in record time. He was panting when he reached the door, but his heart races more because of excitement and not because of exhaustion.

He grabbed the door knob and quickly turned it. He stepped into the rooftop and he saw Kyungsoo standing there, smiling at him like a little kid with his hands behind him.

Jongin returned the smile and walked towards his boyfriend's direction. "So... What is this all about, huh?"

Kyungsoo fidgeted a little with that and slowly brought out a box with a red ribbon on it, pushing it to the other shyly. "I... Um..."

Jongin crossed his arms in front of him though, as if saying he's not accepting the box without Kyungsoo explaining properly what it is. The doe eyed boy just snorted playfully.

"These are... h-home made chocolates, Jongin..." Kyungsoo said while feeling a little shy under the other's playful gazes. "It's my... well..."

"1st month anniversary gift?" Jongin said in a playful manner, still keeping a smirk in his handsome face.

"Well... yeah... and also..." Kyungsoo said, feeling another wave of embarrassment engulfing him. "Um... I just... wanna show you that I can give you chocolates too, so you don't have to accept all those other chocolates those girls are giving you..."

Jongin's face lit up with that, feeling surprised at what the other just said. "That was... cute,"

"Stop teasing me..."

Jongin laughed with that and accepted the box of chocolates before enveloping the shorter boy in a tight hug, sniffing his hair and whispering little nothings to his ear. "Thank you Kyungsoo... And don't worry, I won't accept other chocolates anymore."

"I'm actually worried that you won't like this, Jongin," Kyungsoo admitted while hugging the other as well. "I mean, it's too simple..."

"It doesn't matter," Jongin said. "You don't have to give any gifts, to be honest."

Kyungsoo smiled with that and continued to hug his boyfriend, memories about the past months and days surging in his mind as he buries his face on Jongin's chest.

It's crazy how things unfolded and turned out for him, Kyungsoo thought. He used to hate Jongin a lot, used to be so scared about lots of things because of him. But then the guy reappeared after many years and his life was changed. He learned the reason behind his actions back then and finally accepted the special feeling he always had for Jongin ever since they were little.

They became lovers and now a month has gone by. It's still the first month though, and he knows they'll have to face more things in the near future. But Kyungsoo is confident enough with his feelings; confident enough with Jongin.

Their relationship is still very young, but they're sure they can survive for a long time because they love each other that much.

They have to make up for the 9 years that they spent apart by spending the next of their years together as lovers.

Kyungsoo let out a smile with all these thoughts and pulled out of the hug, suddenly remembering one more thing about his little surprise for Jongin.

The doe eyed boy looked up to his boyfriend's eyes and started speaking his thoughts out. "Hey, do you remember when we first met here on the rooftop? When you first arrived here as a transferee? And you asked me to meet you here to talk?"

"Yeah, you were so mad at me back then."

"Hell yeah of course. Anyway, I want us to have another introduction, coz our first meeting didn't go pretty well, right?"

Jongin furrowed his eyebrows accusingly with that and just chuckled, deciding to play along with what Kyungsoo was planning.

Kyungsoo was starting to get into character though, and extended his hand out to the other. "Hi. My name is Do Kyungsoo and I used to have a trauma but now I'm okay."

Jongin laughed with that and introduced himself as well with a silly grin plastered on his face. "I'm Kim Jongin. I'm the new transferee and I'm your boyfriend," he said while still chuckling and grabbing the other's hand to shake.

But something was caught in between their joined palms. Jongin was a little confused to feel a tiny piece of paper being caught in between their hands and stared at Kyungsoo questioningly, but the shorter boy just smiled at him knowingly. Jongin removed his hand from Kyungsoo's while swiping the tiny piece of paper into his own hand, closing his grip on it.

"This feels really familiar, Kyungsoo..." Jongin said before opening his hands and grabbing the little piece of folded paper. Kyungsoo just smiled at him in return.

He slowly opened it and saw the words that he loves hearing over and over again.

The words that he knows were the reason why he became so possessive of Kyungsoo when they were little. The words that made him transfer to this school and see Kyungsoo again. The words that became his reason for changing and for being determined about winning Kyungsoo back.

And the words that prove how he loves Kyungsoo so much.

The words that he kept on telling to Kyungsoo all those times, were the very same words Kyungsoo wants to say to him now.

Jongin smiled and held back the slight tears forming in the corners of his eyes. He can't be any happier.

He felt so loved.

"You're mine."


 

 


 

-----


a/n: it. has. ended. *cries*

okay. first of all, wow. i am really feeling sad right now.

second, i wanted to thank EACH AND EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT SUBSCRIBED AND UPVOTED THIS STORY. AND ALSO TO THOSE WHO COMMENTED. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

third, well this is gonna be like a monolouge lmao. anyway yeaaaahhhh i loved this story so much. i wrote this for a span of 5 months and even tho i can say i have lots of what ifs with it, i can say i still love it so much. and yeah, now that it ended, i feel like a huge part in me ended as well and just UGH. i just REALLY HOPE i gave justice to the ending......

okay ENOUGH DRAMA. but gosh, i met lots of ppl with this story. i really honestly love u all.

btw about sequels. um i don't think i'll be writing a multichaptered sequel for this story but i can like, maybe, write random oneshots that are basically from this au. i'll just keep you guys posted about it. :)

okay so this is it. this story is finished...... /cries

UNTIL NEXT TIME PPL (and hopefully i see you guys too in my next multichaptered kaisoo lmao)

kaisoo and the whole gang bids you goodbye! xoxo!